Start by marking “Life After E.L.E.” as Want to Read:
Life After E.L.E.

Life After E.L.E. (Frozen world #1)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
FORTY-FIVE YEARS AFTER A ROGUE MOON SMASHED INTO OUR WORLD... THIRTY YEARS AFTER HUMANITY EMERGED FROM THE CAVES WHERE THEY TOOK REFUGE... ONE TEEN DISCOVERS THERE IS MORE TO THE STORY.

A FROZEN WORLD... where rule number one is to be inside the gates before they close at night - or die.

Eve watched the gates close - with her father on the outside- so that should be the easi
Paperback, First, 352 pages
Published November 29th 2016 by S&G Publishing

Josephine-Anne Griffiths
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book!

I’ve just discovered another favourite author, there are quite a few on my bookshelf and on my Kindle.

Life After E.L.E. is a young adult, post-apocalyptic, dystopian story, but anyone from sixteen to one hundred and sixteen would enjoy reading it. Thirty years after a rogue moon had crashed into the earth, leaving a frozen world in its wake, we learn about how the human race had only just escaped extinction, and how they had to revert to living as cave peop
Kara
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rating is 4.5
Wow, I have been waiting all of 2016 to read this and it was WORTH waiting for!!! Trying to figure out which movie to compare this incredible YA story to, it’s kind of Divergent meets Frozen but with a suspenseful and tension filled atmosphere (there are ALL age groups in this story but the teens are what the story focuses on hence the Divergent reference).

What I LOVED in this story:
Eve is SUPER observant, strong, bold, and courageous….VERY easy to like her, she reminded me of Katn
Ashley Bogner
Eve lives in a future dystopian world where the world is covered in snow. Leaving the comfort of society could result in death. After witnessing a group of teens handed a death sentence, Eve wonders if her world is as safe as she once thought.

The setting in Life After E.L.E is unique, and I thought it was an interesting spin on a very popular genre. I have also read the author's Order of the Moonstone series, and I thought Life After E.L.E. was a little better-written (maybe I just prefer
Adam Collings
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: backlogburn2017
After the end of the world, the story begins. Life After E.L.E. begins following an extinction level event. Earth is a frozen wasteland. A small community of people live in caves. They venture out to the surface for food, but if you don't make it back before sunset, the gates close, and you're left to die.

Eve is a teenage girl who has been shaped by the loss of her father, who returned moments too late to get inside. She begins to notice strange things about her world - and odd behaviours from t
Gabrielle
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a very interesting read--if not entirely fresh--read. It felt a lot like Delirium by Lauren Oliver, except set in Antartica (not literally--just somewhere really, really cold). It featured a lot of the same elements--dystopian society, girl affected by parent's death, insta-love with a lot of kissing, and other throwbacks.

I gave it three stars because while the plot did hook me and keep me interested, I had several problems with it:

1. I liked the first-person writing. I've only read one
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
The author had my attention from the very beginning. What kind of world were these people living in? I had to find out more..... I love when a story can hook you in from the start, as long as you keep wanting to turn the pages. Didn't have a problem here with that! No bait and switch in this story, it has me from beginning to end.

I enjoyed Eve as the heroine. She was strong and willing to work hard to help her family, yet had this soft and vulnerable side that you see glimpses of now and then.
Mandy Fender
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review to come!
Carol Keen
I have seen this book advertised over and over since before it was published. I was really excited to get to read this book. Turns out, I was extremely disappointed in this book. For almost 60% of the book it dragged. The author did achieve something that is rare for me. I was bored reading this book. It didn't pick up pace or interest until it was 60% over.

We are mostly inside Eve's head, with very little outside dialog. Eve is monologging her life. She is afraid to talk to her friends, Mother,
Joan
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this teen novel. Eve is part of a community living in huge caves after a catastrophic event 45 years ago changed the climate. She has not been chosen for her training and future work as others her age have been. She feels she has not found her place and does not fit in. I think every teen can identify at some time with her feelings.

There is some mystery in the novel. People go outside the doors of the caves to hunt and other activities and once Eve's father did not make it back in
Elizabeth
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Life After E.L.E. ( Frozen World #1 )
By: J.C. Morrows

Life After E.L.E. ( Extinction Level Event ) is book one in Frozen World by J.C. Morrows. The author writes an action packed story that will keep you on the edge of your seat trying to read faster and turn the pages faster to see what is going to happen next. This story really got to me. It is a YA , but adults will like it too. Eve is a young girl who has always been told and taught things about the caves all her life. She has been told secre
T. Jackson
Intense

Intense read. Kept me reading to see what happened next. I love the main character. Looking forward to the next book.
Debora Wilder
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a very intriguing dystopian novel.

This book is written in first person point of view. The main character is Eve and we really get to know her and how she thinks. Looking through her eyes we gain a very good understanding of a number of the other characters in this book. It is very easy to connect with Eve and her family in relationship to how they feel about her father’s death.

As we go through the story Eve and the other members of her hunting class encounter a number of different thing
Debbie
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
"Life After E.L.E."by JC Marrows is a book that I have to say isn't one that I really enjoyed. But that might be due to the fact that it is geared to young teens and I am over 50.

This story might have been more interesting if there had been a little more info at the start but then this book is the first book in the ("Frozen World Series" ) so the info might be explained more in the second book.

I was actually starting to enjoy the book more and then the ending came with a cliff hanger, which I d
Virginia Winfield
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this dystopian book. I could not put this down. I needed to know what happened to make the world so cold and to bring everyone to the caves to live. Life seems ok but there is something underneath that is ominous. It is going to be hard to wait for the next book in this series. I received an ebook copy of this book from Celebratelit for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
Missica Skeens pullen
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book. I received it free in exchange for an unbiased review through CelebrateLit, and got so into it! I honestly can't wait for book 2 to come out. The characters truly develop and evolve throughout the book, and each has their own distinct personality. You really get to know them, and understand their inner workings. This is a true dystopian fantasy novel, but it has its own uniqueness rather than riding the coat tails of previous works, as so many seem to do. This is di ...more
Jannette Fuller
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Life After E.L.E. provided all the elements to keep me interested throughout December. My evenings were filled with action, suspense, and romance.

A discovery that threatened Earth, forced Eve, along with many others, to live their lives inside a cave. However, leaving the cave was permitted, but anyone who dared to venture off into the snow-covered Earth, had to make it back before sunset--being late was not an option. The gates would close, and freezing to death, or being the main course to a
Kristin
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Life after E.L.E is the first book in the Frozen World series by J.C. Morrows and follows the story of a young woman named Eve who is trying to find her way in a post-apocalyptic world.  While this series is considered Christian; I felt it a was a little edgy and contained a bit more romance than I am used to seeing within the genre.  This was my only real complaint with the book. I did feel that the kisses were a little more detailed than was necessary for the young age group while under a Chri ...more
Toni Shiloh
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've been waiting for this book ever since it was available for pre-order and Ms. Morrows did not disappoint!
Eve was born in the caves and doesn't go out until she finds a new internship. The life of the people after E.L.E was fascinating. I loved the new world Ms. Morrows created. The characters gripped me and left me wanting more. Especially, the ending!!! I'm looking forward to the next one in the series.

*I received a free copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.
D.J.

Life After E.L.E. is an amazing story! After watching Divergent, Hunger Games, and 2012… I can’t wait to see this series on the BIG SCREEN!

A rogue moon hits the earth, causing an ice age . . . Morrows does a superb job of creating life in the caves for those who survived. It is especially interesting to read about the many rules they live by. I haven’t decided which would be worse – being hunted by a saber-toothed tiger or locked out of the city by the evil chancellor! I think I’d take my chanc
Rachel Miller
This is one of those books that picks up after the world deals with the disaster you see in so many popular movies.

Life After E.L.E. is an action-packed drama that will send shivers down your spine, keeping you on the edge of your seat, turning pages as fast as you can.

Don't miss the first installment - unless of course you're one of those who just cannot read part one and then wait for part two to release...

I was blessed to receive an early look at this book. All opinions are my own.
Deanna Stevens
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
30 years after a collision of a moon and the earth we find a few left behind in the caves struggling to survive. Full of action, suspense and a world turned cold.. I didn’t like how passionate the kisses became but I really enjoyed the story line and wow.. the ending!
Doug Smith
Apr 23, 2017
April Brown
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, teen
I really wanted to read this book.

Many of the other reviews go into depth about the good and the bad of it.

I generally give books where I have to skip pages due to romance very low scores, if I review at all. At least in this one, it is only a few pages.

I did catch a few typos.

There is too much confusion. The reader doesn't get to fully understand what the character knows, or is afraid of. Several times, it is almost on the tip of her memory. Perhaps, it is mostly blocked from her memory.

There
Tammy Lash
Apr 29, 2017
Unknown
rated it did not like it
Aug 10, 2016
Naomi Miller
Sep 12, 2017
Elizabeth
Jan 12, 2017
facebook  twitter  instagram  pinterest  mail

JC Morrows is the bestselling author of the young adult dystopian series: Order of the MoonStone and the post-apocalyptic Frozen World series. A believer in sharing knowledge, JC is passionate about both stoking the creative fire in young minds and doing all she can to help authors of all experience levels excel.

A true storyteller, JC is one of those authors who grew up thinking it was p
More about J.C. Morrows

Frozen world (3 books)
  • Escape After E.L.E. (Frozen World, #2)
  • Liberty after E.L.E. (Frozen World, #3)
“I pushed my over-taxed muscles even harder. I could already hear the sound of the heavy wheels that moved the doors into place.

And I knew I was not going to make it . . .”
0 likes