Start by marking “The Code for Killing (Dr Adam Bascom #2)” as Want to Read:
The Code for Killing (Dr Adam Bascom #2)

The Code for Killing

(Dr. Adam Bascom #2)

A Thrilling Murder Mystery set in 18th-century England

Dr. Adam Bascom, called to help a man who’s been brutally assaulted, is drawn into solving a series of murders in a world of deceit, violence and treachery.

Murder and mystery return to the life of 18th-century gentleman physician, Dr. Adam Bascom.

Bored with the tedium of his country practice, Adam finds himself called
Published January 25th 2016 by Ridge&Bourne

To ask other readers questions about The Code for Killing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Code for Killing

Kathy
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The second book featuring Dr Adam Bascom is somewhat more spirited than the first in tone, events and dialogue with a varied and interesting set of characters. Adam makes several trips between his home in Aylsham to Norwich where his mother lives and where he is also caring for a young man who decoded messages in the spy business before he was attacked.
There are pressures on trying to be available to patients, but his contact from Whitehall, a Mr. Wicken, trusts him to resolve murders that may
Indiebrag
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that THE CODE FOR KILLING by William Savage is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!
Jenny Worstall
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Reviewed by me as part of Rosie Amber's Review Team.

The Code for Killing is a fascinating historical mystery set in Georgian England. It is the second novel in a series and there are fairly frequent references to the previous mystery, but the novel can be read and enjoyed without any previous knowledge of the first book.

The main character is Dr Adam Bascom - a man who, for all his intellect and skills, has very little understanding of women, much to his mother's despair and also amusement. Adam
Diane Challenor
Excellent series! I'm looking forward to book four, which I believe is soon to be published.
Fred Fanning
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
This is an interesting story with some twists and turns. The characters were also entertaining.
Katherine
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lead is developing into a compelling character

This book improves on the first as the lead, Adam, becomes a more interesting character. An enjoyable new series. Word
N.A. Granger
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This review is for Rosie’s #Bookreview team.

The Code for Killing is the second in a mystery series set in Georgian England. I read the first in the series and was intrigued by the historical setting and, since I’m married to a physician and taught medical students for years, was drawn to the sleuth, an MD and his closest friend, Peter Lassimer, a pharmacist and a confirmed ladies’ man.

I liked this book even better than the first. The main character, Dr. Adam Bascom, is written with more depth
Terry Tyler
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by me as part of Rosie Amber's Review Team

I loved William Savage's debut novel, An Unlamented Death, so was eager to read the next in the series. The Code for Killing re-acquaints us with 18th century Norfolk doctor Adam Bascom, who has, once more, become involved in a murder mystery, this time to do with a possible spy passing information to the French. I enjoyed this book even more than the first; it was one of those I was disappointed to finish.

As with the previous book, the murder m
Elizabeth Lloyd
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Code for Killing opens on a damp miserable day in 18th century Norfolk, where young Dr Adam Bascom is in a foul mood. Fed up with traipsing through the muddy tracks to visit cantankerous wealthy patients, who are reluctant to pay his bills, he is in need of a change and perhaps some excitement. But soon his life is taken over by murder investigations and constant travel from his small north Norfolk village to Norwich and also to London.

In An Unlamented Death, William Savage’s previous novel
Lexie Conyngham
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Better than the first in this series, though I still can't quite fathom why the big chief from Whitehall has such a high opinion of our hero: he's a pleasant chap but not much out of the ordinary in the intelligence line to me. The author seems more relaxed with the period now and this made for a more enjoyable read. I hope there will be more.
carole adams
Apr 01, 2017
ross grogan
Feb 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
I started to write fiction as a way of keeping my mind active in retirement. I have read and enjoyed hundreds of detective stories and mystery novels. One of my other loves is history, so it seemed natural to put the two together. Thus began two series of murder mystery books set in Norfolk.
All my books are set between 1760 and around 1800, a period of turmoil in Britain, with constant wars, rev

Dr. Adam Bascom (4 books)
  • An Unlamented Death (Mysteries of Georgian Norfolk #1)
  • A Shortcut to Murder (The Dr Adam Bascom Mysteries Book 3)
  • A Tincture of Secrets and Lies (Dr Adam Bascom #4)