Start by marking “The Debt of Time” as Want to Read:

(The Debt of Time)

Fandom: Harry Potter
Relationships: Sirius Black/Hermione Granger, Hermione Granger/Remus Lupin
--------------------------------------------------
FOUR PART SERIES - When Hermione finds a way to bring Sirius back from the Veil, her actions change the rest of the war. Little does she know her spell restoring him to life provokes magic she doesn't understand and sets her on a p
Published April 7th 2015 by FanFiction.net

To ask other readers questions about The Debt of Time, please sign up.
Shaya Lonnie I do not have any of my stories available for download at this time. It can be read on the link at Fanfiction.net. I'm hoping to have a downloadable v…moreI do not have any of my stories available for download at this time. It can be read on the link at Fanfiction.net. I'm hoping to have a downloadable version available in 2017.(less)

Start your review of The Debt of Time
Anna
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay, let's get it straight. It IS a fanfiction. It IS based on Harry Potter. And it IS EPIC. In some ways I DO prefer this story to a real canon one because - no offences J.K.Rowling - but Shaya just put it on some new freaking epic level. Too many emotions, it was too good and I just want to re-read it at some point and cry all over again the tears of happy suffering.
Chelsea
This book is a beloved piece of fan fiction. I buddy read it with 5 or 6 other people after seeing it recommended time and time again. These recommendations were almost always glowing and effusive and turned out to be completely unhelpful. Here’s the thing about me: If I’m about to get run over by the Hogwarts Express, I want to know about it so I can prepare myself. None of the recommendations for this fic even mentioned in passing how many truly disturbing topics and issues this work has. Some ...more
Ulrike
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Trigger warning for anyone who is considering to read this: there is untagged reproductive sexual assault which the perpetrator is celebrated for, which can be very triggering for anyone who has actually gone through this experience. Also domestic abuse is heavily romanticized. Apparently that’s cute now.

Otherwise this story had a lot of potential, especially in the beginning, but Hermione/Mia gradually turns into an unbearable Mary Sue. A problematic one at that.
Did not like it. Two (generous)
Hannah
Aug 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
I was originally very excited to read this as it has been overwhelmingly positively reviewed and enthusiastically recommended. Thus, I was completely blindsided by how much I hated it by the end.

Technically, this is very well written (especially for a fanfiction) and easy to read. I will give the author major kudos for writing believable dialogue and the sex scenes are good (although they may squick you out a bit due to the age differences and they did get a bit repetitive). All of these "pros"
Moonkey
Jun 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Honestly this is not as good as everyone says it is. I don't have the courage to write down a review but I did write my thoughts as I was reading this fanficton and you can find them here: https://ansafeil.tumblr.com/post/1854... . Give it a go if you really want to (I mean, in the end it is still the best way to make up your mind about something isn't it?) but don't feel weird if you end up not liking it. ...more
Kayla Stills
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most epic reads I have ever endured! Yes it's fanfiction, but does that make it any less of a book? Absolutely not! This is a dangerously different twist to the Harry Potter series and it is so so sooo worth the read! Will forever be on my top ten fav reads! Wish I had it bounded and on my shelf!
Emily Taks
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this about a month ago. It was my second time turner fic, I've read so many now and this one is still my all time favorite. It's beautifully written and yes it is very very long!! The worst part is I couldn't stop reading it and it took me like 5 days to read it. Probably the longest fanfic i've read but it was totally worth it! Highly recommend.
Hilagyo
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A truly completely well written, thought out book. Re-reading it does not take away the fun but rather makes you appreciate the book more in new ways as you find the hidden meanings as you go along
Holly
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fanfic
Pros:
Made me enjoy and become invested in relationships I hadn’t even considered before.
Pretty well-written- I can say with confidence this is leaps and bounds better than the plot of officially-endorsed Cursed Child, though it does have a lot of the same time-travel elements. I can’t imagine the dedication and love for a series it would take to write SEVERAL fanfics of such lengths. That said...

Cons:
The length. I know this is a tour de force, but I kept thinking about how I’d read thousands of
Shell
Jun 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: book-club
Not my usual thing, but my book club wanted to read it
Aurora Carranza
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, magic, fanfiction
(English is not my first language)

Yes, it is fanfiction. But my God what a wonderful piece of art is it! There are no plot holes on this time travel fic, and even if the category is already been exploted by millions of writes of Harry Potter's fandom, this story takes it to the next level.

It's just wonderfully written and although it's by no means a story that underage readers should read, the whole story is just marvelous. I love Mia just as much as I loved Hermione in the books and sometimes I
Naomi
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I haven’t read too many fan fictions and I have to admit I was surprised at how well written this was. I initially picked it up out of curiosity after seeing someone on Instagram posting about it, but it wasn’t long before I was sucked in. It required a fair bit of just going with it and letting go of everything I already knew about the world of Harry Potter, but that wasn’t too difficult.
There were a few things I found problematic or hard to believe, but overall it was a nice bit of escapism an
Daniel
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fan-fiction
This fan fic was a wild ride through time and I'm really happy I gave it a shot. It's huge and that might turn some people off, but it was well worth the length.
Kimberly Horton
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I hesitate to call this a book... but the work is longer than one of G.R.R. Martin's epics. I spent such a long time devouring this (more than once in the same year!) and thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed it. Though there were parts that felt a bit unrealistic and a few bones I have to pick with Mia's character development, this is by far my favorite work of fanfic of all time. It brought the Marauders alive for me, making the loss of all of them that much more poignant as I read the Harry Potter s ...more
Alex Danishek
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t think any words I could write would do this justice, this is everything a fanfic should be. I finished this yesterday and I’ve already started rereading it, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get enough. The characters, the plot....it’s all just so good. In my head, this is canon.
EmmaG19
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Juliana
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fanfiction, favorites
Iona Black
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really wanted to give this one a five star, because it truly was spectacular. However, there were some smaller issues I found fault with.
Book four to me, while lovely to read felt a bit too longwinded and did not fit with the rest of the story, especially the parts about the changes in the ministry etc.
The only other problem I had was pretty major, and I believe some other people have pointed it out, was the birth control potion meddling. I get that it had to happen for the story to progress,
Valour
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fanfiction
I love the Harry Potter Fandom. It was, along with BtVS, my first Fandom.

I've read over the years, a LOT of HP fic, especially Hermione centric ones. They're my favourites. This one is glorious. It's one of the best fanfics I've ever read, it took me several weeks because it is so thorough and so glorious and it neatly rectified one of the many abominable things that JK did (look, there is no way on this earth that Hermione would marry Ron Wesley. The very suggestion is more ridiculous than Trum
Ksenia Horoshuhina
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved almost everything about this fanfic. it's dynamic, fun, well-written and very binge-worthy. but there were some minor weird things about it. first of all I haaaated the Mia/Remus part just because I knew that Mia would end up with Sirius eventually and I thought to myself "what's the point then?". also while the sex scenes were quite steamy and hot closer to the end they became kinda repetitive and I was pretty tired of them. finally, the biggest no-no for me was the incredibly out of pl ...more
Thailor
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I’ve read it twice within the last year and I already think it’s time to read it again. I love Hermione and I really love Mia and her interactions with everyone. The parts with just Jamie and Mia are my favorites followed by the part where Mia kicks Dolores’ ass. That part holds a special place in my heart. I wish this was printed so that I could proudly put it on my shelf along with my other HP books.
Devin
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it

Pros: super fun plot line. LOVE the wedding ceremonies, i cried everytime. Total poly vibes. Dracos character arc. Ron was not allowed to get away with his shitty behavior toward Hermione. Didnt shy away from how trauma impacts people for life.
Cons: lots of obsession with "traditional pureblood customs"...i just dont buy hermione would wver buy into that superiority nonsense. I also dont buy Hermione would ever beckme a violent, possessive, bullying mean girl.
Samantha Gunther
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I would give this 1,000 stars. This hooked be in more than any book I’ve read in the past few years. The book hangover is real with this one.

The dialogue was amazing. The way this wove in with canon events and tied all together throughout was a masterpiece. 150-ish chapters was still not enough of Mia for me. And, this definitely only fanned the flame of my love for Sirius and Remus.

Loved this.
Angie
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Damn this is long. Yes, I'm aware of the problematic elements in this book but I just can't stop loving it. It's so beautifully written and the relationships are so real. Conclusion: this book made me cry and smile and I can't help but love my favourite ship being represented in such an amazing way. The cover is still awful though lol
Carafoshizzle
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m so obsessed with the fanfic. It was so well written and gave me all the marauders feels. I Iove the time travel aspect and that it spans so many years. It’s a very long book but I loved every minute.
Robert
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow 9.5 out of 10 stars. Love this book, beginning, middle and end!!! Maybe I’ll actually write a proper review someday but for now I’m going to settle with just saying it’s one of my all time favourite Fan-fictions!
Courtney
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Never thought I would ever read a story based off these characters and I honestly can say that this particular story has opened the possibilities of this shipment for me. A well written story is as good as it’s author and this is a grand story that I am happy I had the opportunity to read.
Jessica
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Did I also read a 700,000+ word Harry Potter fan fiction during our Stay At Home Order? Also yes.

Some parts of this were super good, but there were parts I thought were completely unnecessary. Still felt like I should read since it’s a pretty popular fic.
Eri
Nov 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fanfiction, 2020-en
A very straight young adult epic-length fic if you like Hermione and the Marauders, you might find it enjoyable. Very long, I'm not exactly thrilled about the ending where it got meh for me, but I get why it might make an impression on someone. Despite being E-rated, don't expect much.
Lisa
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliantly epic masterpiece.

• Isolation
  • Manacled
  • The Green Girl
  • The Right Thing to Do (Rights and Wrongs, #1)
  • The Minister's Secret
  • The Eagle's Nest
  • Darkly Loyal
  • The Best of Me
  • Pride of Time
  • Lady Archimedes (Arithmancer, #2)
​I'm Shaya Lonnie, and these are my Horcruxes. I made them out of the hearts of readers, and I shine them with your tears.

You might know me as the author of such fanfics as The Debt of Time, Safe Word is Devil's Snare, Presque Toujours Pur, and several other stories that my readers have frighteningly screamed in your face the first time you said "Who's that?" or "I'm new to fanfic."

I am known for

The Debt of Time (2 books)
  • The Debt of Time: Bonus Scenes