Start by marking “The Predator Part One” as Want to Read:
The Predator Part One

The Predator Part One

(The Predator #1)

I spent most of my life a disappointment, unwanted, and unloved. That is how I knew life to be until a low whistle pulled everything I knew upside down and inside out.

Chamberlain Lawrence was a man any woman would dream of. He was kind, sweet, and saw me for something no one else had ever seen before. Or so I thought. I fell for him hard and fast. I thought what we had was
Published December 13th 2016 by Brooke May

To ask other readers questions about The Predator Part One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Predator Part One

Paperbacks
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in less than 24 hours, just WOW. I completely fell in love with this story, with K.C and Chamberlain. K.C has led a sheltered life, one which has been completely mapped out for her, down to her career, wedding date and honeymoon destination. She must always do what it for the good of the family, even though that never sat right with her and her free spirited way. A chance encounter at the centre where she teaches ballet however, turns her world upside down. Another Gym is closed ...more
Krista Richardson
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book!!!! I couldn't put it down! I love love love it! It's so well written and I feel like I was right there with Katie and Chamberlain and I can't wait to find out what happened, or didn't happen, to Gwen! Grrrr!! It's so nice to see Katie stand up for herself yet have these close relationships and teaching little girls, very refreshing! Chamberlain didn't get his head out of his ass fast enough and Scott? Everyone needs a Scott!! This book gave me the feels and I'm SO glad I have the seco ...more
Sandra Loves Reading
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, what a story this turned out to be! And now I can't wait to start the second book!
KC is unwanted and unloved by her family and with no friends either, other than a lovely lady who works for her parents.
Her father is in politics and her whole life has been mapped out by him and her mother. Until she meets "The Predator", Chamberlain Lawrence. Then, KC discovers what life should be like outside of her rich, icy life.
Beset on all fronts, KC discovers her inner strength and takes control of h
Chantal Baxendale
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It definitely left me wanting more and desperately left me craving and hoping for a HEA. The author certainly gripped me into the drama that was unfolding and kept my attention throughout all the twists and turns of angst. Can not wait to read part 2!
Dawne
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! cant wait for the next book!
Katy Birch
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Chamberlain and Katherine a.k.a Katie

Katie was born into a political family. Her life was micromanaged by her overbearing family. She was told who to marry, what to study etc. Katie didnt want that life. But she was stuck. That was until she met Chamberlain and grew a back bone to stand up to her family.

Chamberlain was an amateur boxer. Training constantly to make the big time. Then along comes Katie and she knocks him out with her caring nature.

They embark on a whirlwind romance, heightened emo
Jacline Workman
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic

If you detest cliffhangers wait for book 2 to come out.... this book is definitely a must read...great villains and oblivious hero's make for a great story....hands down best book by Brooke May yet... she truly writes great stories that make you feel her characters....you can't help but feel the joy and the heart ache Katie feels as she grows into her own woman...
Janet McKale
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Reading

I loved this book! This book sucked me in and never let me go. It was love found, love snatched away, love found again and all the crazy stuff in between. Katie and Chamberlain grow through this book and get stronger through it all. It could not put this book down it kept me up most of the night. I can't wait to see what happens next.
 ♡ One Click Romance ♡
Let me start by saying I NEED BOOK TWO ASAP! and someone needs to throat punch Zoey and Gwen, Bitches.

Okay, now to my actual review. I loved it, all of it.
I was completely surprised by it. I fell in love with the characters easily. Though, the storyline is a bit predictable, I can't complain.

Brooke May is a new author for me and by this book alone I know I'll be reading anything else she's written and will write.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
☆☆☆☆
~Jenny~
Boy, do I hate Cliffhangers! They make me literally want to pull my hair and scratch my eyes out, especially when you're reading a nail bitter like this story.

Meet Chamberlain, an underground fighter who dreams of becoming pro ...and Kate a rich girl who has the weight of the world on her shoulders. Two people from two different worlds fighting to be together.

I loved this story from the very beginning to the end. The relationship built slowly but when it finally came together I all
trisarahtops
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Predator Part One was my initial introduction to Brooke May's books. I am so glad I discovered it. It was an amazing book, couldn't put it down until I finished it.
I loved everything about Chamberlain and K.C.'s relationship. Right from the beginning you could tell they had a strong pull towards each other, even though they were from vastly different worlds. I found that K.C. was very down to earth considering how her other family members acted.
There was also another major issue that evolve
Serena Worker
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
KC and Chamberlain were amazingly hot together – Brooke May turned a simple story about two people from opposite sides into something with amazing heat and chemistry. The story ends with one hell of a cliff hanger, right when you didn’t see it coming.
KC lives with her Aunt and comes from a influential family, however both KC and her Aunt are the black sheep of the family due to who they choose to love. Chamberlain is the sexy fighter who stole and broke KC’s heart.
KC has been manipulated her who
Rebecca Barber
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMFG! This book was f**king incredible.

At the beginning of the book we meet K.C Cunningham and are introduced to the challenges she faces in her life. But to truly understand, May takes us back to the beginning of their relationship.

From the moment Katie and Chamberlain meet, sparks fly and you can't help but be rooting for their relationship to overcome the challenges of coming from different worlds and her families appearance issues.

My biggest objection to this book was it was a cliffhanger!
Amber
What a wonderful and heart-warming story with great characters and insta-love. Chamberlin is an underground fighter with his sights set on becoming pro and dreams of a day where he finds a love like his parents shared and KC is a rich girl of high society that fights the constraints and restrictions that her family have put on her throughout her entire life. The entire story is them against the world filled with obstacles and people trying to come between them and them fighting to be together. S ...more
Brooke May
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
This is my first book in a new series. I had dreamed of this book for well over a year before I finally sat down to write it. It began as one simple idea and developed into something that is very near and dear to my heart. I love all my books in one way or another, but this one is truly special to me.
The Predator isn't what you are expecting and is in two parts. I wrote it that way on purpose. I hope readers will love K.C. and Chamberlain as much as I do.
Shannon Godwin
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Off the charts hot!!! This book is nothing like Brook May's other books but let me tell you.... She will WOW you with it still! I am so looking forward to the rest of the books. This is another GREAT hit for May! Her writing flows smoothly and her characters are great! You are really missing out if you have not read her books!
Becca Taylor
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You could call it a modern day Romeo and Juliet, but it's nothing like that. Yes, there's a forbidden romance between a girl and boy. Only the boy is a Alpha boxer who's driven and strong. The. girl is finally discovering who she is. Their story is sweet, dramatic and off the charts hot. There's never a dull moment when the Predator is around. I can't wait for more.
2OCC Reviews
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica

Everyone's in a while I find myself drawn to fighter romance novels, and I read this Authors other series that had Cowboys so I was looking forward to seeing what she could do with fighters.

Chamberlain was a great hero. He was one of those guys that command your attention and you can't help but become addicted to him. He was a A playboy but you can see the real him once you get reading. His past comes back to haunt the characters a lot throughout the book.

KC was great. With the way she grew up
Chasing The Words  Book Blog
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to start. I have so many words and thoughts about Predator - Part One - yeah I know there is a part two so just prepare yourself now. It's not that bad though. Ok so, I have so many thoughts about this book and my feelings that I don't know how to get them all out without going on forever.

Predator is raw, filled with angst and drama, heart break and heartache. Then there is also love and romance thrown into the mix and you are left speechless. K.C. and Chamberlain's stor
Brenda Kness
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I seriously loved this book. It is part one and there is more to come.
It is different from Brooke May's other books. there is a lot more heat to it.
I absolutely love Chamberlain!! I mean whats not there to love.. read the descriptors of him :)
6ft something, dark blond, piercing blue eyes, thick arms with tats, six pack, and the V! all muscle hehe oh yea love all that! gotta FLOVE a fighter.
ok back to the story... So they basically come from different sides of the tracks. KC is not what you wou
Nancy
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book gets you hook from the first pages. The plot is well written and very well paced. The post twist is a little predictable but it makes the story that much better. KC’s mysterious past grabs your attention and doesn’t let you go. Chamberlain steals your heart in seconds. Their chemistry is off the charts and leave you wanting more. KC shows how young and naive she is with the decisions she takes but it makes her more relatable. Chamberlain comes at you fast and his past has you fall even ...more
Clarice
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me just say that I loved this book! The chemistry between Katie and Chamberlain was rely good and I enjoyed watching their story unfold. Both of their lives have some tragic times to them although in different ways. Katie's family barely even acknowledges her existence and when they do it's sure not in a loving way. The person that loves her the most is the cook. Chamberlain has no parents. They both died. So he has been taking care of himself for quite a while. When Katie comes along, he kn ...more
Missy Harton
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing

"Chamberlain and I come from two different backgrounds..."

*****5 'dirty secrets' STARS*****

Brooke May gives readers an amazing escape of lies, insecurities, love, and heartbreak in The Predator part one. An emotionally written story of finding one's self and learning to live with consequences of decisions made. An engaging one sit read that has this reader eager for part two!!

A swoon worthy Alpha boxer...A well known family rich girl; neither one is what they seem. As K.C. try's to get out from
Whitney Cannavina
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review

KC wants more ham the elite rich snobs life that her family forced her into. She wants to be happy doing what she loves and be with who she wants. Meeting Chamberlain changes everything for her

I absolutely loved this story. I couldn’t put it down. Their love burned bright and fast. Their chemistry was undeniable. The sex was off the charts. But too many things were in the way trying to separate them. It kept you on your toes the whole time wondering what wi
Harriette
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoy Brooke May's cowboy books, and I enjoyed this story too. I didn't love it as much as the My Cowboy series. I found the story a little predictable. Man meets woman, opposites attract, things progress, fireworks. That's not to say that the author didn't keep my interested, she certainly did. The characters were layered, the story was entertaining as romances go. If you like a 'bad' boy fighter and a 'good' girl outcast who find a way to make it work, then you'll like this one. You'll have ...more
Sherry
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed Chamberlain and K.C.'s or "Katie's" story. These two have an undeniable and sizzling chemistry the instant they meet and their romance is fun, steamy, full of drama, angst, and heart break as these two from different worlds fall in love. K. C. is the little unloved rich girl who doesn't fit in her parent's world and finally finds love when she meets the hot determined fighter who doesn't have much. The story takes an unexpected twist at the end and ends in a cliff hanger an ...more
Lainey Da Silva PA
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has memfrom the start. It kept me
Engages and guessing the whole
Time.
Katie has the complete
Opposite life to Chamberlain,
She comes
From a Life of privilege and money but none of that means anything to Katie.
She falls for Chamberlain who
Is a fighter and her family threatens to
Disown and disinherit her if she continues to see him.
Just when you think you know where the story of headed, it takes another twist and leaves you wanting more.
Angela James
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars! This book caught me totally off guard...I went in blind, just based on recommendations I heard from friends...I was not disappointed! This is the first book I've read by this author and I'm chomping at the bit to read book #2 in this series. It was everything it needed be, it had action, suspense, drama, angst, some smoking hot sexy times and a panty melting boxer! I'd definitely recommend it! #BookSmackedReviewer
Denise Van plew
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read one other by this author with liking her writing style. This is one that will get your gears going pulling you to the edge. It will start out with it slow and steady than bam mam you better hold on. It centers around K.C. and Chamberlain with them sucking the life out of you as you get pulled into theirs. Drama is in here fueled by heat to make it simmer. This author will not give you cherry pie though but make you wait for more.
Stacy Stewart
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always love reading a book about a fighter but this book had so many intense storylines intertwined as well. K.C. was from a powerful wealthy family whom had her whole life planned out and Chamberlain was a mechanic who was training to be a fighter. One chance meeting and KC’s life was turned upside down. But the question is… can she escape the clutches of her parents?

Such a wonderful book! I highly recommend it!
I'm a Wyoming girl through and through. I was born and raised in Northern Wyoming by my parents and with my little brother. Our time was spent outdoors playing various games that we made up, hiking, fishing, hunting and learning to shoot.
Now, I'm married to my high-school sweetheart aka the Warden, we've been together 10 years and married for 4. We have two wonderful boys that I call the pups. We

The Predator (3 books)