Start by marking “Doctor Who: Time Reaver (The Tenth Doctor Adventures, #1.2)” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Time Reaver (The Tenth Doctor Adventures, #1.2)

Doctor Who: Time Reaver

(The Tenth Doctor Adventures #2)

Calibris. The spaceport planet where anything goes. Where anyone who doesn't want to be found can be lost, and where everything has its price. Where betentacled gangster Gully holds sway at the smugglers’ tavern, Vagabond’s Reach.

The alien Vacintians are trying to impose some order on the chaos. Soon the Doctor and Donna discover why. An illegal weapon is loose on the
Audio CD
Published May 31st 2016 by Big Finish Productions

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Start your review of Doctor Who: Time Reaver (The Tenth Doctor Adventures, #1.2)
Christopher Buchanan
Pretty good. Much like the first in the set, not a particularly smashing story but the dialogue and integration of Tennant and Tate are fantastic. Much like the televised New Series, it's more witty banter and action than plot. I'll give it a decent mark for originality too even though the squiddy guy is suspiciously 'Pirate of the Caribbean'. It's a great deal of fun but I could do with some more story.
Nancy
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
While I don't think a lot of the story is sticking in my head (this happens occasionally when I listen and drive), there was definitely good stuff here. I mean, beyond just a new Donna-Doctor story starring Tate and Tennant. What struck me most was how well this adventure highlighted Donna's compassion. It's not something you think about as much with her, not compared to her yelling at the world and being witty and everything, but Donna has always proven herself to be deeply compassionate. I ...more
a hooded figure from your friendly neighbourhood dog park
Melenia
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-book
Not bad. Not my favorite. This one did not ring as true to the tenth doctor as the other audio's in this series and that bothered me a bit, but still worth listening to.
Mel
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-book
So I'm wondering, is this the first time we've ever had Donna written by a woman writer? Jenny did a wonderful job! This was a full on science fiction epic, with bizarre aliens, and alien races on the brink of destruction and a massive space station. A story that worked very well on audio because it had such a big scale and no need to worry about the CGI budget. (Though I am still sad we didn't actually get to see Catherine Tate in the wenches outfit!) There was also a lot of fun banter, and a ...more
Adam Duclos
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jamie Revell
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-plays
The second in this initial set of three audio adventures for the Tenth Doctor is as good as the first. This time the setting is a futuristic one, an interstellar transit hub with a reputation for lawlessness. The story concerns smugglers importing a particularly nasty weapon (more accurately, a torture device that can be attached to a weapon) with an octopus-like alien as the main villain. It would be expensive to do well on TV, taking advantage of the fact it only has to be realised on audio.

April
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was fun but largely the entertainment is in hearing David Tennant reprise his role as the 10th Doctor along with Catherine Tate as Donna Noble. The plot is simple and not many surprises. The concept of a device which can prolong your own personal experience of one moment in time was interesting. The voices of the other characters though and background noises were much louder at times than the main voices; to the detriment of the overall production.
Rick
Another wonderful adventure with The Doctor Donna. I must admit that I find myself chair dancing in under glee when the theme music kicks in. But the real joy is when The Doctor & Donna start in on each other, the chemistry is there and clearly palpable. Great performances from the entire cast and an interesting story. Wonderfully entertaining. Kudos to Big Finish.
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, media-tie-in
It's just ridiculously brilliant to have Tennant and Tate back together for these stories. This one is about a species facing the death of their world that engineer time reaver tech to make a second last for hours/years. There are some creepy bits where the tech is weaponised and used for torture to prolong pain, the parts where the Doctor reacts to eternity are masterful, and as usual, Donna Noble elevates any situation that's she's in!
Charles Mitchell
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
entertaining, albeit substance light, this audio adventure featuring The tenth doctor and Donna felt like a frenetic lost episode that had been scrapped as too much filler. at 57 minutes it's a brief fast paced, even if mostly unmemorable, romps with everyone's favorite time Lord
David Elkin
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Doctor and Donna Noble together again. What else can you ask for? A little short for my taste but David T. and his companion are a great team and it is well worth the listen. A note, better to by at bigfinish.com instead of Amazon. The story feats the Doctor Who universe.
Shaun Collins
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
A fantastic premise with a hoot of a location and a fascinating "weapon" on the loose is let down a bit by dodgy pacing and Big Finish' tendency to overproduce their audio sound fx, but still an enjoyable romp. For our full reviews, see http://travelingthevortex.com/?p=8848
Erin *Help I’m Reading and I Can’t Get Up*
A pretty hard-to-follow story, but I bumped it up to 3 stars because of that sly reference to Donna's having something on her back, as well as this exchange:
"I think I have the air of a space buccaneer"
"You have the air of a primary school teacher.... On non-uniform day"
Paul Roth
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very much felt like a fast and real Doctor Donna episode! The humor was fantastic and the heart-tugging moments were brilliant.
Farnoush Mellark
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it
3/5 stars
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story wasn’t the best but the actors, the ambiance, sound effects and music were fantastic.
Shannon
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's like watching Doctor Who while driving to work!!!!
Mimmi
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kati
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Gabriel Mero
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first one.
Kirsten
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
In typical BBC audiobook fashion, this DW story is a full cast with sound effects and music to bring the story to life. Best of all, though, Catherine Tate and David Tennant perfectly reprise their roles, like no time has passed at all. The story is typical of a single Doctor-Donna episode. The Time Reaver is the second in a trilogy, however, they do not have to read in order.

There are good twists and a handful of Easter Egg references to the DW Canon.
Aidan
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fun and lively adventure that takes part on the sort of alien world that you suspect would have been beyond the resources of the television show. This story nails the two main characters perfectly and gives them some truly memorable moments including what may be my favorite Donna line ever (talking about her father). The planet of the boys stuff is pretty hilarious too.
Stef
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I didn't like the story as much as the first 10th Doctor story and I found one of the side characters, Cora, very annoying, but the Doctor Donna banter was as wonderful as ever. And I loved that Donna's compassionate side was pretty much the star of the episode. All in all an entertaining hour.
Helene
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quite a nice story there, perhaps less entertaining than the previous one, but it's still enjoyable to follow Ten and Donna in their adventures, especially as the both of them are such an interesting and complementary duo!
Juliana Lira
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not so fun like the first story, but I loved how much Donna was portrayed as the sweet and kind woman she is. There is a lot more drama here and the plot itself was nice even though I got lost in the middle sometimes.
Richard Harrison
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Probably not as good as the first story in this series, this is still really good. Music is both intrusive and good at points and I loved the idea of the torture of being frozen in one moment for what might feel like forever.
Colin
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked this one. I particularly liked the notion of the Doctor having to scrounge for parts to keep the ol' Type 40 running . . .
Steven
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Imaginative and entertaining alien world family adventure.
Terrence
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: doctor-who
Brilliant fun for Doctor and Donna! I love the Monty Python-ish feel towards the beginning, that picks up pace for a thrilling audio adventure

• Doctor Who: Death's Deal (Destiny of the Doctor, #10)
  • Doctor Who: Pest Control
  • Doctor Who: The Nemonite Invasion
  • Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Chronicles
  • Doctor Who: The Last Voyage
  • Doctor Who: The Forever Trap
  • Doctor Who: The Day of the Troll
  • Doctor Who: The Jade Pyramid
  • Doctor Who: The Stone Rose
  • Doctor Who: Flight Into Hull!
  • Doctor Who: Dead Air
  • Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Adventures, Volume 1
  • Doctor Who: The Ninth Doctor Chronicles
  • Torchwood: Broken (Big Finish Torchwood, #2.5)
  • Doctor Who: The Siege of Big Ben
  • Doctor Who: The Rising Night (Audio Original)
  • Torchwood: Ghost Mission (Big Finish Torchwood, #2.3)
  • The Torchwood Archive
Jenny T. Colgan is a pseudonym of author Jenny Colgan.

Jenny Colgan is the author of numerous bestselling novels, including 'The Little Shop of Happy Ever After' and 'Summer at the Little Beach Street Bakery', which are also published by Sphere.' Meet Me at the Cupcake Café' won the 2012 Melissa Nathan Award for Comedy Romance and was a Sunday Times Top Ten bestseller, as was 'Welcome to Rosie

The Tenth Doctor Adventures (9 books)
  • Doctor Who: Technophobia (The Tenth Doctor Adventures, #1.1)
  • Doctor Who: Death and the Queen (The Tenth Doctor Adventures, #1.3)
  • Doctor Who: Infamy of the Zaross (The Tenth Doctor Adventures, #2.1)
  • Doctor Who: The Sword of the Chevalier (The Tenth Doctor Adventures, #2.2)
  • Doctor Who: Cold Vengeance (The Tenth Doctor Adventures, #2.3)
  • Doctor Who: No Place (The Tenth Doctor Adventures #7)
  • Doctor Who: One Mile Down (The Tenth Doctor Adventures #8)
  • Doctor Who: The Creeping Death