Start by marking “I Promise You This (Love in Provence #3)” as Want to Read:
I Promise You This (Love in Provence #3)

I Promise You This

(Love in Provence #3)

Suddenly single after twenty-two years of marriage, the calm of Katherine Price’s midlife has turned upside down. Seeking to find her true self, she took a chance on starting over. A year later, she is certain of this: she’s in love with Philippe and adores his idyllic French homeland, where he wants her to live with him.

But all that feels like a fantasy far removed from T

Published May 17th 2016 by Lake Union Publishing

To ask other readers questions about I Promise You This, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Promise You This

Liza Perrat
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The third in Patricia Sands’ France-based Love in Provence series, I Promise You This follows on from Book 2: Promises to Keep, where the heroine, Katherine, leaves behind painful memories of her failed marriage in Canada to go to France to begin a new life with her French love, Philippe.

I Promise You This begins where book 2 ends, with Katherine returning to Canada to help her friend Molly, after a serious accident.

But her hometown evokes memories of all that Katherine left behind, and after a
Amy
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG FOR THIS SERIES STARTING 5/24!

I Promise You This picks up immediately where things ended in the second book, which thank goodness as it ended on a gigantic cliffhanger and I was desperate to know what happened! Due to a tragedy, Kat finds herself back home in Canada and is surprised by the conflicting emotions she’s experiencing upon her return home. She begins to question her decisions as of late and has many moments of d
Marla
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this trilogy. This is a great ending to a great series. This makes me want to go back to France and spend the summer or longer touring around. Great characters.
BJ
This was book 3 of the Love in Provence series. I loved this entire series. In these stories, France is kind of another character. There are descriptions of places and history and food. The main character, Kat, falls in love with Phillipe, but also with the people, places, and food in France. I loved the descriptive writing. It made me want to visit all the places that Kat visited and it made me hungry for good food. Very enjoyable read.
Nancy
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is part of a lovely series about a Canadian woman finding a second chance at love with a Frenchman, This book tells the story of the start of their life together in France. It is well written and the characters are engaging. The book gives a realistic view of what it is like to move to another country and start a new life there with someone.
Jacqueline
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: france, romance
Katherine, who we have already witnessed being left by her rat of a husband and then losing her mother, now finds herself back in a cold, wintry Toronto, just when she thought her life would always be in the south of France with Philippe. Her best friend Molly needs her and it is a tough and emotional time for everyone. Patricia’s books always have a traumatic sad part, before France can soothe and heal as only France knows how to and this book, the third in the series, is no exception. Being ba ...more
Boyko Ovcharov
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Making the right choices in life!

In this third and allegedly final part in the series we can see the protagonist Katherine being faced with loads of daily life-changing choices and challenges, concerning her love, feelings, place of residence, possibly career etc.
It logically wraps up her journeys and endeavors through a wide mixture of cultures, countries, landscapes and human, interpersonal relationships.
The author's exploration of linguistic diversity of Canada, France and to a certain degree
Karen Komarinski
This series has become very special to me and the third and final book in the Love in Provence could not have been better. I felt like I was reunited with old friends and family and was lucky enough to be transported into this story set in the south of France. Katherine’s world is rocked once again when she receives an urgent call from her cousin’s Andrea and Terence; breaking the news that her best friend Molly has been in an accident and she is in a coma. Katherine immediately returns home to ...more
Chauncey
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second chance romance and the South of France. I’m in! That’s what I was thinking when I requested I Promise You This but I failed to notice it was the last in the Love In Provence series. Doesn’t matter, I liked it all the same. I may have loved it if I’d read the previous titles but alas… This is a love letter. A love letter to Provence and a love letter to embracing the second half of your life and living it fully and with love.

I appreciate romances that feature women close to my own age. We
Alicia
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**** "I Promise You This" by Patricia Sands

The last book in the Love in Provence trilogy, Patricia Sands tells the story of Katherine and Phillipe as they begin their lives in Antibes. They are clearly a very in love and happy couple.

When Kat must return to Toronto, where she grew up and spent most of her adulthood, she begins to struggle with several issues. First, her best friend Molly has been in an accident and Kat is designated as her next of kin. The first week or so are an emotional roll
Andrea Stoeckel
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[ I received this book free from the publisher through NetGalley. I thank them for their generousity. In exchange, I was simply asked to write an honest review, and post it. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising]

“Life is full of choices . . . don’t be afraid to make them . . . live it well.”

Katherine has returned to Toronto after h
Susan
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book follows the story set out in the two previous books, The Promise of Provence and Promises to Keep. At this point in the story Katherine has returned to Toronto from the South of France because her best friend Molly has been involved in an accident that left her seriously injured. Katherine is also grappling with her feelings about relocating to France to be with Philippe on a permanent basis. She is not in doubt about her feelings for Philippe but she's feeling unsettled about leaving ...more
Mave
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's an extraordinary romance about the second chance in life and the difficulties and fears to pursue happiness. Breathtaking landscapes, great characters, brilliant dialogue and a strong plot: this book is a real treat.
Kat has left her beloved Toronto to start a new life in Provence with the man she loves. Her friend Molly has had a bad accident and she returns home to help her. Being back in her homeland brings good memories to mind and she is tormented by doubts. Has she made the ri
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I just wish I had read the first two in the series. What is there not to love? Great characters, tragedy, love, surprises along the way, and making tough decisions in the face of tragedy.
I enjoy books that have that element of “what would I do if I were in that situation?” Also, real situations that can happen to anyone but when you see it play out with others, it makes you think. Not to mention that having moved from one country to start a new life in a new country is a decis
Stacy
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my unbiased opinion.

I Promise You This is the third book in the Love in Provence series. While the book does fill in details about major events that happened in the first two books, there are some minor characters from the first two books who show back up in this book without explanation, so I would recommend reading the series in order instead of reading this book as a stand-alone.

At the start of the book, Kat is heading back to her
writer...

>Upcoming Book Tour mid May <

Unique experiences of Kat, a mid-fifties woman moving toward establishing a new life in France. An accident in her home city of Toronto, Canada has her flying back to attend to her best friend's injuries. Once on home turf, doubts about her choices and decisions rise to the surface, creating inner conflict regarding her intended new direction. Much introspection and interaction with cousins and friends keep the story low key. Less about action and more about in
Elizabeth
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
I thoroughly enjoyed Book 3 in the Love In Provence series. Patricia Sands, the author, has put together a series of remarkable stories and characters that you fall in love with! One of the best things I liked about the third book is that the author brings all the stories and characters together during the novel.

As usual, Ms. Sands' novels entice me to travel to France. Her descriptions are amazing and she provides these through the eyes of her characters in such a way that I felt that I was st
Carrie Stine
Mar 25, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was slow reading at first. I had not read the first 2 books of the trilogy. The story did not pull me in right away, but as I continued to read I got to know the characters and I started to enjoy the story. I liked the fact that the main character was more my age because it gave me a sense of there's still a chance for me and to go for my dreams. I'm looking forward to reading the first 2 books. It was definitely a feel good story. I've never been to France and never really thought abo ...more
Sally Coles
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Molly is badly injured in an accident Kat is on the first plane back to Toronto to look after her best friend. Back in familiar surroundings however she starts to have doubts about her commitment to a life in France with Philippe - this is where she grew up where her friends and family are can she really give all this up.

To add to her confusion her ex husband and ex lover both turn up wanting to start again and the distance between her and Philippe is a problem. Can her love for Philippe ov
Lucy Pollard-Gott
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have now read all three books in Patricia Sands’ 'Love in Provence' series, so I will comment on the third book, I Promise You This, as the culmination of this series.

The first book, The Promise of Provence, introduces Katherine Price, who is expecting to celebrate her 22nd anniversary, but instead finds that her husband James has left her for another woman he met in their cycling club. This devastating news begins a process of grief and recovery for Katherine who wonders how she missed this
Rachel Gilbey
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Despite knowing that book 2 had ended on a cliff hanger and being eager to jump back into the story, instead it has taken me many months before I had a chance to read this book 3.

It didn't take too long until I was back up to speed with most characters although took a bit longer for me to remember who Molly is.

This is a fabulous third book to end a trilogy with, and I believe all the lose ends are tied up neatly.

Loved picking back up with Philippe and Katherine's story, and the section of the
Nancy McLaughlin
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great escapist read

This series of books really explore romantic love at any age. Really a pep talk for all women to be strong, to know themselves & to chase their dreams. Very empowering.
Danette
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-the-e-book
Patricia’s books read like travel guides with some plot thrown in. The descriptions of the locales and the food and the people make it feel as though you’re there! It helps that I follow Patricia’s Instagram account (@patricialsands) and see her beautiful photos of France and her travels ! Click HERE to see her travel journal and Fall in Love with Provence!

The second book (Promises to Keep) finds Kat remaining in France with Philippe and exploring their relationship. There’s some drama and intr
Lurline
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading the entire trilogy. This is an inspiring romance as well as a travelogue that makes me want to immediately head to the South of France. Along the way. there were so many wonderful culinary experiences that have caused a weight gain just from reading about them.
Katherine lives in Toronto and is cruelly dumped on her 22nd wedding anniversary. She really struggled to move on her life. We get to enjoy the wisdom of Kat's wonderful mother who was a survivor of Nazi terror in W
Martha Francescato
The third in Patricia Sands’s France-based Love in Provence series, I Promise You This, follows Book 2, Promises to Keep. It wraps up the trilogy like a magic ring which had started earlier and now is closed. But no -- there is still an opening somewhere, and we hope it leads to more of this wonderful adventure.

Patricia Sands’s style is effective and natural. She writes concisely, clearly, and well. Her sentence structure and vocabulary transform her prose. They highlight effective ways to get h
Marilyn Geary
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Happily ever after

I loved this series. The books can not be pigeon holed as one thing or another, so the stories feel fresh. Reading books where the main characters are mid-life, dealing with tragedy, but also joy, and happy endings. Everyone deserves joy.
Gaele
The three stories in this series are now coming full circle, and this is best read in series order! Kat had fled Toronto after her marriage dissolved, and now she is returning to help her friend Molly after an accident. She’s found what could be a new life in Provence, one that includes her new love Philippe, the wondrous country and all of the new places to explore. But, being back in Toronto around all of the familiar places, family, friends and smells, she’s wondering if the next stage of her ...more
Valerie
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

This story begins with Kat entering the security area at the international airport, on her way back to Toronto to apply for her extended Visa to stay in France. But then her love, Philippe, calls out to her, and she changes her mind. She simply cannot leave France, while the man she loves is left behind. This is a love Kat never envisioned herself having again. It's a love she swore she'd never get caught up in again, when her husband of 22
Bookmuseuk
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

But her hometown evokes memories of all that Katherine left behind, and after a
Donna Zigmont
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. There were parts I thought a little too mushy. But overall a good book. I honestly enjoyed Molly and Tony's part of the book more than that of Katherine and Philippe's. When Kat goes back to Toronto because of Molly's accident, she does some thinking. Kat couldn't seem to be able to decide if staying with Philippe was what she really wanted. And she still wasn't totally sure when she went back to France. I personally felt that was a sign that she needed to think more. But th ...more
Francophiles: 20 Print copies in Giveaway 7 31 Jun 27, 2016 12:17PM
  • Unravelled: Two Wars. Two Affairs. One Marriage.
  • The Road Past Altamont
  • Mr. Zinger's Hat
  • Love in Three Quarter Time
  • Divine Justice (Divine Trilogy, #2)
  • Hutterite Diaries: Wisdom from My Prairie Community
  • Mr. Darcy Takes the Plunge
  • The Lost Girl
  • A Christmas to Remember
  • Death at Windsor Castle (Her Majesty Investigates #3)
  • A Cast of Falcons (Birder Murder Mystery #3)
  • London Dawn (The Danforths of Lancashire #3)
  • Summer at the Little French Guesthouse (La Cour des Roses, #3)
  • Z Is For Zamboni: A Hockey Alphabet
  • Tangled Ashes
  • War in My Town
  • Healing Spaces: The Science of Place and Well-Being
  • Be the Gift: Let Your Broken Be Turned into Abundance
Bestselling author Patricia Sands lives in Toronto, Canada, when she isn't somewhere else, and calls the south of France her second home. An admitted travel fanatic, she can pack a bag in a flash and be ready to go anywhere … particularly the south of France. With a focus on travel, women’s issues and aging, her stories celebrate the feminine spirit and the power of friendship.

Her award-winning 2

Love in Provence (3 books)
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence, #2)
“Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” 0 likes