Start by marking “Open Skies” as Want to Read:
Open Skies

Open Skies

Partners for seven years, Ilsa and Kai are the best Professional Finders in the business. There's nothing they can't track down, no matter how hazardous the path or unfamiliar the star system.

Eleazar Dantes isn't the first client to hire them to locate lost family, but he is the most unpleasant. For double their usual fee, though, Kai and Ilsa will tolerate a lot—even Dant
ebook
Published March 23rd 2016 by Less Than Three Press

To ask other readers questions about Open Skies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Open Skies

Start your review of Open Skies
Deborah Bell
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was *just* thinking it would be nice to see some representation for aces* in the form of finding their QPP/QPR.** You know, a romance for me, even though I'm aro/ace.*** I feel like this is a bit of a spoiler but everyone else talking about it openly so I guess not. I would mention that some might argue that Ilsa is actually demi-romantic or even fully romantic, but I think if we asked her she would define as aro.

As a story...well the universe was interesting and the idea of private investiga
Mark Gardner
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I saw two books listed on NetGalley, and what interested me was that they were asexual and aromantic LGBTQIA stories. I read a lot of mainstream genres and titles, but I’d never refuse to try a book based on the fact that the author was a member of a particular group, religion, or class. I’ve tried a few LGBTQIA in the past, and there seems to be a lot of erotic LGBTQIA stories, that, like their hetero-normative counterparts are real turn-offs for me. I was intrigued to read a sci-fi LGBTQIA sto ...more
Koeur
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it

Publisher: Less Than Three Press

Publishing Date: March 2016

ISBN:9781620047224

Genre: SciFi

Rating: meh/5.0

Publishers Description: Partners for seven years, Ilsa and Kai are the best Professional Finders in the business. There’s nothing they can’t track down, no matter how hazardous the path or unfamiliar the star system.

Review: Kai is a love struck human that has the hots for his investigative partner, Ilsa, a cold robotic girl that likes her space and no at
Kristīne Vītola
4.5
Repeated "more than friends" and some plot things lessened enjoyment a bit, but the few last conversations/arguments between both MCs were very much some of the things i've wanted to read between an aroace MC (Ilsa) and an allo MC (Kai) trying to navigate (sometimes painfully) their (platonic/queerplatonic) relationships.
Teresa
****Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance®****

3.5 Stars - So, I am giving Open Skies 3.5 stars for its sci-fi adventure content. It was filled with a variety of alien life and they were constantly on the move though the story wasn’t action packed. There weren’t a lot of technology details other than the mention they were on space ships, but I still felt like I could envision the world. I found the hunt for Dantes’s daughter interesting and the resulting conclusion satisfying.

I am not, however, rating
Karla
I found this book difficult to get into. I picked it up and put it down so many times. It is very slow paced, no real intensity. It seemed to drag and I ended up skim reading. I was happy with the ending, but if your looking for a fast paced, action packed book that gets you all hot and bothered, sitting on the edge of the seat, this book isn't for you.

However if you like a good story plot, that has a touch of romance, a few curveballs, this book may be for you.

This book was given to me by Netg
Francis Franklin
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is an enjoyable space novella giving us a glimpse of a galactic civilisation in which many spacefaring species coexist, for the most part peacefully but echoes of a great war can still be heard. The story takes us to terraformed planets and space stations and domed habitats, travelling in severely cramped conditions, much as the poorest passengers in the transatlantic liners must have done a century ago.

Unfortunately, the story doesn't really show us the magnificence of space. The picture p
imyril
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copies
This is part of the Solitary Travelers series, stand-alone fiction featuring asexual and/or aromantic main characters. Kai and Ilsa are excellent private investigators, and they're willing to bend their rules when they're offered double the usual fee by a rich businessman. But as they hunt down the trail of his long-lost daughter, they find themselves out of their personal and professional depth.

Sadly, this one didn't really work for me. The prose is passable at best, the plot is plodding and th
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A different ending from what you might expect. The story starts as an action adventure. The two main characters have been partners for quite some time. Something happens to change the dynamic between the two and the story takes a new turn. A very fun read with an interesting conclusion.
Merv Duffy
Mar 20, 2017
Isis Prosser
Apr 19, 2017

• Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise
  • Chameleon Moon (Chameleon Moon, #1)
  • Un-Dead (Chameleon Moon, Short Story #2)
  • The Upside of Unrequited (Simonverse, #2)
  • Journey (Shifters and Partners #10)
  • Cold Ennaline
  • The Hidden Power of F*cking Up
  • The Creative License: Giving Yourself Permission to Be The Artist You Truly Are
  • Space Skimmer
  • Caretaker (Caretaker Chronicles, #1)
  • Babel-17
  • Under the Skin
  • Her Silhouette, Drawn in Water
  • Permafrost
  • Skeletal
  • Red Hail
  • Wool (Wool, #1)
  • Xenocide (Ender's Saga, #3)
Yolande Kleinn is a shameless dreamer, a stubborn optimist, and a purveyor of erotic romance. Excitable, fastidious and just a little eclectic, she spends every spare moment writing the stories she wants to read. If she can drag other people into the pool along with her, then so much the better.