Start by marking “Something in the Water” as Want to Read:
Something in the Water

Something in the Water

There’s a place just south of town that people hide their secrets. The police call it the killing field. Seven bodies have been unearthed there in the past thirteen years. Four of those were in the last few months alone. If you ask me, this whole town is a killing field, riddled with corrupted innocence and decaying youth.

Nothing ever changed here. Maybe that's why I was d

ebook
Published July 30th 2019 by Teresa Mummert

To ask other readers questions about Something in the Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something in the Water

Start your review of Something in the Water
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
SOMETHING IN THE WATER: Is a 'New Adult' stand-alone novel by Teresa Mummert. In this we meet Emery and Ford. Spoken in 'Dual POV's.

Going into this I expected to land in the killing field itself, which between you and I, I was secretly looking forward too. But funnily enough that doesn’t make an appearance until you near the end. And that's when the synopsis starts to make sense in a roundabout way. So I was slightly confused up to that point. Though I still enjoyed this intricate tale
FS Meurinne
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, reviews
Emery and Ford story, is told from dual POV. When Ford moves to the town where Emery lives, then the intrigue begins. This book has mature topics even though the characters are teenagers. There is drama and enough mystery in the story that will keep you captivated. The loved the characters I am looking forward for the next book by Teresa Mummert.
Lesley Peck
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh another gripping novel by Teresa Mummert! How I've missed reading her books. This books has all the drama and twists and turns you'd expect from her stories. You'll fall in love with the characters and the storyline and keep turning the pages because you just can't get enough. Loved every single minute of this 5 star read!
Jacqueline Sanders
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Teresa Mummert has been an all-time favorite author of mine for years and so when I saw she was coming out with a new novel I just had to jump at the opportunity to devour it. This is a New Adult standalone that is told from dual POV’s, Emery and Ford. This book holds a lot of deep situations, and as the synopsis says…Something in the Water may be triggering to some and isn’t intended for young audiences even though the main characters are in their teens.

“My momma called boys like that heathens
Sparklin
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, such a beautifully written story. Filled with love and angst with a twist and turn. Once I started I couldn’t put it down until I had finished the book.
buzy_reading
Aug 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
Wild bad boy moves in next door to the innocent sheltered girl. Emery lived with her nose in a book and tail between her legs. She followed rules while Ford broke them. They were polar opposites, yet they spent one wild night together that changed both their lives.

Overall:
It didn’t start off great. In fact it really never took off. I’m still processing this story concept.
For one all these characters had issues which overcrowded the story. Emery’s issues were hard to pinpoint and even harder to
Nebat Shash
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Holly Savino
Apr 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I thought this was supposed to be a mystery novel, and it turned out to be a young adolescent love story. Not what I was in the mood for, and not a developed enough plot at all. Three stars because it was an easy read.
Sherryle
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teresa-mummert
A VERY INTERESTING STORY
LOVED IT TIL THE END!!
Bonnie Goodwin
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Ford and Emery are beautiful souls. Just look out for the bad guys!
Debarati Mishra
Aug 02, 2020 rated it did not like it
It’s not a mystery. Just run of the mill YA romance where everybody has a sad past. It took forever to finish.
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!

This author has a way with words and she didn’t disappoint. I loved the book. I’ve been waiting for a long while for a new book. I finished it in less than a day.

My only complaints are that it wasn’t long enough (in a good way) and that we didn’t get a glimpse into their future.

I’ll be over here, just waiting for the next one!
Debi Schmieks
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hooked

Innocent Emery and the secrets she carries and Ford with his bad ass attitude come together in a great story of opposites. Creating a connection, overcoming life and unravelling dirty secrets that only a small town could almost get away with.
Michell Hall casper
I was so excited to get my hands on another Teresa Mummert book. It has been awhile. This book was not the norm I'm used to by Mummert. It had so many feels. And will have you on the edge of your seat. It was filled with so much angst. I'm so excited she is writing is again.
Shane
rated it did not like it
Mar 10, 2020
Patricia
Jul 17, 2017
Maddison
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Ruthless Boys (Adamson All-Boys Academy #2)
  • The Day He Came Back
  • The Pagan Stone (Sign of Seven, #3)
  • Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet, #1)
  • Why We Can't Sleep: Women's New Midlife Crisis
  • Just Love
  • The Baby Bargain (Inked Hearts #8)
  • Release
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • Valentine
  • Regretting You
  • The Silence
  • Impact
  • Wait for Me
  • Coming Up Roses (Bennet Brothers, #1)
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Broken
  • Lies
TERESA MUMMERT is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. Her work includes word of mouth bestselling, White Trash Trilogy, which landed her a three book publishing deal with Simon & Schuster. She is also the author of the wildly popular Honor Series which chronicles the taboo romance between a student and her college professor.
To date, she's written twenty novels, and plans for many mo

News & Interviews