Start by marking “A Life Less Monogamous” as Want to Read:
A Life Less Monogamous

A Life Less Monogamous

Cooper S. Beckett, host of Life on the Swingset: The Podcast now beginning its sixth year, author of the bestselling memoir My Life on the Swingset: Adventures in Swinging and Polyamory, and guest expert on Dan Savage’s Savage Lovecast, takes you back to the beginning with a novel about being a newbie in the swinging lifestyle.

Believe it or not, repeating their therapist
Published February 9th 2016 by Hump & Circumstance

To ask other readers questions about A Life Less Monogamous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Life Less Monogamous

Tori Renaud
Feb 07, 2016 Tori Renaud rated it it was amazing
I received an advance copy in exchange for my honest review.

Beckett’s first novel is a hit!

Ryan and Jennifer are just like any couple you know; they love each other, but something is missing. This is the story of how they find what’s missing. It isn’t always sunshine and roses, sometimes it is painful; but in the end they grow stronger and more confident in their choices, their love, and their relationship. You’ll be enthralled in the sexy times, and brought to tears by the tough times.

Comica
Leandra Vane
This is my full review of “A Life Less Monogamous,” a fiction novel written by Cooper S. Beckett. I was sent an advanced copy for review. The review can also be found on my blog The Unlaced Librarian: http://theunlacedlibrarian.blogspot.c...

Cooper S. Beckett is no stranger to writing about ethical non-monogamy. Readers of The Unlaced Librarian know I reviewed his first book “My Life on the Swingset,” which is a non-fiction book comprised of personal essay style chapters in the realm of swinging
Wetlandia
Sep 29, 2016 Wetlandia rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of "A Life Less Monogamous" in exchange for an honest review.

I can't tell you how transformational this novel is. It's not a guide to consensual non-monogamy, and yet, you will still have breakthroughs, you will learn a ton, and you will get really attached to the characters. They're so human, so vulnerable. You are going to be able to relate to their fears, emotions, their confusion and their own limitations and possessiveness. We've all experienced jealousy. We've all been fr
C.P. McClennan
Apr 23, 2016 C.P. McClennan rated it it was amazing
This review also appears on my blog: Stranded in Toronto

I was given a copy of Cooper S. Beckett's new novel in exchange for an honest review. Now, I'm no literary reviewer, but let's see if I can make this puppy fly, shall we?

It is a story of Ryan and Jennifer as they being their journey outside the traditions of monogamy. A new friendship with a swinging couple, Bruce and Paige, who offer our heroes a way to spice up their marital experience.

This couple, given my lifestyle, I felt strong empath
Sam Stone
Feb 18, 2016 Sam Stone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ryan and Jennifer are a couple who’s monogamous marriage is growing sexually stale. They meet a swinger couple and decide to do something bold. In the process they discover themselves.
This is the story line in A Life Less Monogamous – a novel about swinging by Cooper S. Beckett.
When people ask me about opening up their marriage, I advise them to imagine what it’s going to be like; then be prepared for the experience to be unlike anything they have imagined.
For Cindy and I, like Ryan and Jennifer
Marla-Marie Dean
Feb 22, 2016 Marla-Marie Dean rated it it was amazing
Finally, a book about the mistakes we all make as new swingers! Cooper S. Beckett writes about the whirlwind that you get caught up in at the very beginning of any new relationship and the lows after something goes wrong as if he's writing his very own story, word-for-word.
The sex scenes, while not as graphic as I write, are descriptive enough to make you feel like you're there watching everything from the side lines. It's not a romance or erotic novel, but it still gets to you like one.
I highl
Megan
Feb 11, 2016 Megan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, sexuality, lgbtq
I was so excited to read Cooper’s novel, and once I got started I couldn’t put it down! It follows a couple starting out in the non-monogamous lifestyle and all the ups and downs of that adventure. This story was an emotional roller coaster in the best way, and I wasn’t sure it would all work out in the end… (Moral of the story: do your research or at least talk to people who have some experience! Or listen to the On the Swingset podcast.) Sexy, funny and definitely something I’ll want to read a ...more
Jarime
Mar 11, 2016 Jarime rated it it was amazing
This is a interesting tale of a couple that goes from a boring predictable life to jumping deep into the pool of swinging. Complete with a scene that could have easily been taken from Eyes Wide Shut.
It explored some very interesting realities that should be considered if you are contemplating this Lifestyle. I won't go into more detail because I would rather you bought the book and experience this story for yourself.
H
May 09, 2016 H rated it really liked it
This book is a pretty damn entertaining one. They author, Cooper S. Beckett, can be a little too clever for his own good at times. However, there is a charm present in his mixing of smutty situations, pop culture references and $10 words.

Overall... As sexy and as it is entertaining.
V
V rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2017
Cooper Beckett
Dec 30, 2015 Cooper Beckett rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Viorel
Viorel rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Greg
Greg rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
Paige La Marchand
Paige La Marchand rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Pamela Jackson
Pamela Jackson rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2016
Brenda Wiebe
Brenda Wiebe rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
Kate Douglass
Kate Douglass rated it it was amazing
Mike
Mike rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2016
James Fleming
James Fleming rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2016
David Frahm
David Frahm rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2017
Jacki Yovanoff
Jacki Yovanoff rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2017
Madalyn M
Madalyn M rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2016
Antonia
Antonia rated it liked it
May 04, 2016
Anthony
Anthony rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2016
Marla-Marie Dean
Marla-Marie Dean rated it it was amazing
Tanya
Tanya rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2017
Janine Costanzo
Janine Costanzo rated it it was amazing
Deborah
Deborah rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Jeremy
Jeremy is currently reading it
Jan 01, 2016
Samantha Schwarer
Samantha Schwarer marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Louis Hunter
Louis Hunter marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
S.A. Jones
S.A. Jones marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
M2reader
M2reader marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Cheryl Kaye
Cheryl Kaye marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Katie Manuel
Katie Manuel marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Foo Handschin
Foo Handschin marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Allison Fairy
Allison Fairy marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
David W.
David W. marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Joli Hamilton
Joli Hamilton marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Amy
Amy added it
Mar 29, 2016
Kristina Moses
Kristina Moses marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Aloie Yuson
Aloie Yuson marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Paul Scott
Paul Scott marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
saskeah
saskeah marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Winter
Winter marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Rosy Mccanless
Rosy Mccanless marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Lillyana
Lillyana marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2016
Keiko
Keiko marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2016
12043667
Cooper S. Beckett is the co-founder and host of Life on the Swingset: The Podcast since 2010, author of swinging & polyamory novels A Life Less Monogamous and Approaching The Swingularity, and memoir My Life on the Swingset: Adventures in Swinging & Polyamory. He teaches and speaks on swinging, polyamory, pegging, play parties, and coloring outside the boundaries of your sexuality. He is a ...more
More about Cooper S. Beckett...