Start by marking “DOODLE ART HANDBOOK: The Non-Artist's Guide in Creative Drawing” as Want to Read:
DOODLE ART HANDBOOK: The Non-Artist's Guide in Creative Drawing

DOODLE ART HANDBOOK: The Non-Artist's Guide in Creative Drawing

Welcome to the wonderful world of DOODLE ART.

With the help of this precious book, Doodle Art Handbook, we will guide you to the place of creative drawing and help finding your inspiration.
You don't have to be an artist to be able to draw and create your own masterpieces.

The book contains:
25 original tangle patterns and many variations, divided into 5 section: from
Published December 28th 2015

To ask other readers questions about DOODLE ART HANDBOOK, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DOODLE ART HANDBOOK

Start your review of DOODLE ART HANDBOOK: The Non-Artist's Guide in Creative Drawing
Michelle
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think the title is misleading...

This book is great for artists, too! I'm a professional artist. Yup. I actually made my living at art at one point in my life. These days, I'm more or less retired, but still enjoy creating art as much as I can. Some of what I once did is out of reach, due to physical limitations. This is why I enjoy doodle art so very much. You don't have to do any set amount before resting, there is no paint to dry out, the wires won't uncurl if you pause, etc. For others with
sherri jones-teachout
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting book. It teaches you all the filler shapes and designs to create all levels of doodle art. While the book shows you in step by step illustrations how to create some shapes and designs to fill in your artwork, not everyone will be able to create complex designs such as people, animals, buildings etc. In order to create these designs, you would have to have some artistic capabilities in order to imagine a certain subject and be able to draw it. This book is informative, and ...more
Nicole O'Connor
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Enjoyable and informative.

This book came as a free download. The information it had to impart was excellent. Well illuminated in black and white. As an artist, this is certainly a book that I will enjoy returning to browse. Lana breaks patterns down into bite size pieces that are easy to understand. She also has an array of exercises to offer her readers. The book is well-written and offers a deeper insight to the theory and benefits of doodle art. An excellent read.
Liz
Feb 19, 2016 rated it liked it
There were a few inconsistencies and repetitive information. I would have liked to see more examples of patterns. Not a bad intro though,and it did inspire me to start doodling more.
Evil Secret Ninja
Overall this was fun I learned some techniques for doodling. The artwork was inspirational and some of the advice was decent. Doodle work is used in therapy at times and can have a calming effect. I do not like some of the advice given like avoiding depression at all cost not everyone can do so and I don't agree with anything that insists not to take the negative of life along with the positive. ...more
Christian Hernandez
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesante y con buenos consejos para principiantes

Un libro que parte de lo básico a lo complejo, permitiendo al lector / dibujante, realizar las tareas propuestas y ver cómo su técnica avanza con los ejercicios más sencillos a los más difíciles. Una buena, rápida y entrenen lectura.
Karyn
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super easy to follow. Excellent results!!

This is the first time I've tried zentangle. This books clear directions made for perfect designs every time. It starts with easy designs and brings you to fabulous advanced beauties. It goes on to discuss a lot of extras... like shading and patterns. I loved this book.
Divya Ganesan
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This books gives basic conception on various doodle shapes and forms. List-outs beginner level doodle shapes to expert level. Speaks about How doodle art plays role in your day to life? How it helps us to control our emotions?How it helps to see objects around us in art perspective? I recommend this book for those who started doodling or going to start
Elizabeth Kelley
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved This Book

I loved all of the lessons...It inspired me to start doodling again. I think everyone, beginners or advanced, should treat themselves to this delightful book. 5 Stars all day long!!!
Dorrie Baker
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable and informative

I found this to be a pleasant read. Anyone who likes to doodle would probably find this to their liking. It covers the basic through doing more complicated pieces.
Ann
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book . Lots of idea and it also shows how to start out doodling designs. A bunch of cool looking art. Shows and explains different patters and designs to use. Very informant book.
Granville Howerton
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Relax before starting major work

Very simple concept and well developed from a line to impressive folk art. The process allows the development of calming feelings.
Rosea Bellator
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leitura simples, cumpre o que promete. Deu para aprender muita coisa, sem drama.
Claudia
Jun 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good practices and informative theoretical part. The inspirations at the end though were intimidating.
Dorothy K Anderson
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice!

Plenty of step by step instructions to get you started. Good instructions on how to get started, necessary equipment, etc.
Rebecca Holman
Mar 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great Overview

I enjoy send picking. Very informative and helpful. It is broken into several parts from beginner to novice so anyone can learn the processes. Doodle every day.
Jennifer Hodgins
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent instruction for all levels

This is my favorite way to draw, and this book has helped me get ideas to tale my doodles even further.
punit kumar
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great help

Very nicely explained from basic to advance level. Its a good read and rest workbook too.

Recommend to all who wants to explore themselves.
Gevera Piedmont
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was ok
This is just Zentangles under a different name. Not what I was looking for.
Melinda
Nov 13, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

Welcome to the wonderful world of DOODLE ART.

The Doodle Art Handbook is a guide to inspire you and bring out your inner Doodle creativity. With the help of step by step lessons you will be able to create Doodle masterpieces with no experience necessary.

The Handbook contains:

25 original tangle patternswith many variations divided into 5 sections from beginner to expert level.
Step by step lessons on how to draw, while having little or no experience.
G
Kat
Sep 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book is a rip-off!

The author calls it "doodle art" but has lifted most of her work directly from the founders of Zentangle®. I am a CZT: Certified Zentangle Teacher and am trained in this specific art method. I'm angry that the author has plagiarized the work of Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas.
Maurine Starkey
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Clearly written and inspiring

I enjoyed this book. Language is easy and the insights were inspiring. This allows a beginner to exercise from easy to more difficult patterns.
Cheryl A Corbin
Nov 10, 2019
Elizabeth Sellen
May 22, 2016
Patricia Compton
rated it did not like it
Dec 27, 2018
Holly
Sep 02, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Fast Freehand Fills: Vol 1: Basic Fills
  • How to Draw Cool Stuff: A Drawing Guide for Teachers and Students
  • How to Draw Cool Stuff: Shading, Textures and Optical Illusions
  • Zendoodle Box Set: 99 Zendoodle Patterns to Inspire Your Inner Artist--Even if You Think You're Not One! (Zendoodle Mastery Series, 3 Books in 1)
  • Mandala Drawing for Beginners: Learn How to Draw Mandalas with Step-by-Step Tutorial
  • ZEN DOODLE: The Art of Zen Doodle. Drawing Guide with Step by Step Instructions. Book one. (Zen Doodle Art 1)
  • The Book of Botanical Tangles: Learn Tangles and Line Drawings to Create Your own Botanical Art
  • Zentangle: Guide to Drawing and Making Beautiful Patterns and Amazing Shapes for Beginners (Drawing Tutorials Book 2)
  • Self Discovery Journal: 200 Questions to Find Who You Are and What You Want in All Areas of Life (Self Discovery Journal, Self Discovery Questions)
  • Journaling: This is My Life: 501 Journal Prompts to Inspire Creativity and Passion
  • The Silence
  • Stillness Is the Key
  • A Murderous Relation (Veronica Speedwell, #5)
  • Fast Freehand Fills: Vol. 3: The Natural World
  • ZEN Doodle Art: New Zen Doodle Patterns - Step by Step Guide (Zen Doodle Art with Elizabeth Stone Book 1)
  • Listening With My Heart: A Story of Kindness and Self-Compassion
  • Can You Do What A Cat Can Do?: An Activity And Rhyme-based Question & Answer Book For Kids Ages 3-5 Years
  • My Magical Foods (The Magic of Me Series Book 5)

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...
“Everybody has inner creativity that has been lost amongst the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The small part of us that provides balance and calm, and releases our creative side, is smothered and in risk of dying completely.” 0 likes
“So, we have looked at the five levels of difficulty when it comes to creating Doodle Art, and just because you believe you are not artistic or creative, that is no reason not to try Doodle Art. Take my word for it; you will wonder why you have never tried before when you create your first doodle. I know I always thought of myself as useless when it came to being creative, and the joy I experienced on creating by first set of beginner level doodles had me jumping for joy! This chapter shows you a multitude of the patterns you can expect to come across for all of the ability levels. You will then see some instruction on how you, too, can create the most common patterns in each of the ability levels.” 0 likes