Start by marking “DOODLE ART HANDBOOK: The Non-Artist's Guide in Creative Drawing” as Want to Read:
DOODLE ART HANDBOOK: The Non-Artist's Guide in Creative Drawing

DOODLE ART HANDBOOK: The Non-Artist's Guide in Creative Drawing

Welcome to the wonderful world of DOODLE ART.

With the help of this precious book, Doodle Art Handbook, we will guide you to the place of creative drawing and help finding your inspiration.
You don't have to be an artist to be able to draw and create your own masterpieces.

The book contains:
25 original tangle patterns and many variations, divided into 5 section: from beg
Published December 28th 2015

To ask other readers questions about DOODLE ART HANDBOOK, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DOODLE ART HANDBOOK

sherri jones-teachout
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting book. It teaches you all the filler shapes and designs to create all levels of doodle art. While the book shows you in step by step illustrations how to create some shapes and designs to fill in your artwork, not everyone will be able to create complex designs such as people, animals, buildings etc. In order to create these designs, you would have to have some artistic capabilities in order to imagine a certain subject and be able to draw it. This book is informative, and ...more
Liz
Feb 19, 2016 rated it liked it
There were a few inconsistencies and repetitive information. I would have liked to see more examples of patterns. Not a bad intro though,and it did inspire me to start doodling more.
Michelle
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think the title is misleading...

This book is great for artists, too! I'm a professional artist. Yup. I actually made my living at art at one point in my life. These days, I'm more or less retired, but still enjoy creating art as much as I can. Some of what I once did is out of reach, due to physical limitations. This is why I enjoy doodle art so very much. You don't have to do any set amount before resting, there is no paint to dry out, the wires won't uncurl if you pause, etc. For others with
Nicole O'Connor
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Enjoyable and informative.

This book came as a free download. The information it had to impart was excellent. Well illuminated in black and white. As an artist, this is certainly a book that I will enjoy returning to browse. Lana breaks patterns down into bite size pieces that are easy to understand. She also has an array of exercises to offer her readers. The book is well-written and offers a deeper insight to the theory and benefits of doodle art. An excellent read.
Karyn
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super easy to follow. Excellent results!!

This is the first time I've tried zentangle. This books clear directions made for perfect designs every time. It starts with easy designs and brings you to fabulous advanced beauties. It goes on to discuss a lot of extras... like shading and patterns. I loved this book.
Elizabeth Kelley
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved This Book

I loved all of the lessons...It inspired me to start doodling again. I think everyone, beginners or advanced, should treat themselves to this delightful book. 5 Stars all day long!!!
Dorrie Baker
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable and informative

I found this to be a pleasant read. Anyone who likes to doodle would probably find this to their liking. It covers the basic through doing more complicated pieces.
Ann
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book . Lots of idea and it also shows how to start out doodling designs. A bunch of cool looking art. Shows and explains different patters and designs to use. Very informant book.
Granville Howerton
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Relax before starting major work

Very simple concept and well developed from a line to impressive folk art. The process allows the development of calming feelings.
Dorothy K Anderson
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice!

Plenty of step by step instructions to get you started. Good instructions on how to get started, necessary equipment, etc.
Jennifer Hodgins
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent instruction for all levels

This is my favorite way to draw, and this book has helped me get ideas to tale my doodles even further.
punit kumar
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great help

Very nicely explained from basic to advance level. Its a good read and rest workbook too.

Recommend to all who wants to explore themselves.
Melinda
Nov 13, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

Welcome to the wonderful world of DOODLE ART.

The Doodle Art Handbook is a guide to inspire you and bring out your inner Doodle creativity. With the help of step by step lessons you will be able to create Doodle masterpieces with no experience necessary.

The Handbook contains:

25 original tangle patternswith many variations divided into 5 sections from beginner to expert level.
Step by step lessons on how to draw, while having little or no experience.
Guidance on how to draw animals, flowe
Kat
Sep 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book is a rip-off!

The author calls it "doodle art" but has lifted most of her work directly from the founders of Zentangle®. I am a CZT: Certified Zentangle Teacher and am trained in this specific art method. I'm angry that the author has plagiarized the work of Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas.
Maurine Starkey
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Clearly written and inspiring

I enjoyed this book. Language is easy and the insights were inspiring. This allows a beginner to exercise from easy to more difficult patterns.
Jb
Jul 16, 2016
Vaibhav Shipte
Jun 03, 2018
Elizabeth Sellen
May 22, 2016
Patricia Compton
rated it did not like it
Dec 27, 2018
Jun 10, 2019
Maryann Freepartner
Jun 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• If You Can Doodle, You Can Paint: Transforming Simple Drawings into Works of Art
  • The Art of Whimsical Lettering
  • Stepmonster: A New Look at Why Real Stepmothers Think, Feel, and Act the Way We Do
  • This I Know: Notes on Unraveling the Heart
  • Chicken Soup & Homicide (Culinary Competition, #2)
  • Without You
  • Jacquard's Web: How a Hand-Loom Led to the Birth of the Information Age
  • Fearless (Soulshifter, #1)
  • The Crazy Christmas Angel Mystery (Cul-de-sac Kids, #3)
  • A Family Forever
  • Alias Dragonfly
  • Cozy Christmas Shorts: holiday short story collection
  • The Wisdom Of Secrets: The Templar Covenant
  • Going Nowhere
  • Pups in Tea Cups
  • Refuse
  • The Art of Rick and Morty
  • I Know That God Is Good But Why Am I Hurting So Much?
“Everybody has inner creativity that has been lost amongst the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The small part of us that provides balance and calm, and releases our creative side, is smothered and in risk of dying completely.” 0 likes