Start by marking “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Enemies Old, Enemies New” as Want to Read:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Enemies Old, Enemies New

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Enemies Old, Enemies New (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #2)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  743 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
The Turtles learn the amazing story of their previous lives, and begin their journey as a true team of brothers! Meanwhile, Baxter Stockman unveils a deadly new strategy for capturing them, just as General Krang arrives in New York demanding results!
Published May 24th 2016 by IDW Publishing (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Robert
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone Who Could Get Past Level 2 in the TMNT NES Game
Shelves: hoopla
Things are picking up, I loved the flashback sequences and the the development of the individual Turtles' personas.

And coloured Ninja Masks are here!

If it weren't for Krang being an inter-dimensional brain-being hanging out in a torso I'd consider the reincarnation story-line as far-fetched as Donatello does buuuut...Yeah, may as well just roll with it, dudes.

Ronyell
Ninja

I would like to thank NetGalley and IDW Publishing for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Introduction:

Now, I have to tell everyone this: I am a huge fan of “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!” I may not have the toys or the video games to prove that, but I sure as heck got a lot of movies and DVDs to prove that theory! So, after I read part of Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird’s original 1980s run of “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” (the comic book series that
Mike
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

When this new series started, I told myself "I'm not gonna buy a Ninja Turtles comic, I'm a grown-ass man." Ironic, as I have no problem picking up issues of Superman or Adventure Time. But I remember these characters almost solely from watching the cartoon after school.

But then I kept hearing good things about the book, so I bought Volume 1. And it was fun!

Volume 2 continues the trend. Krang, the alien brain thingie, wants the formula that turned the turtles into mutants. Using henchmen, both
Wayne McCoy
Feb 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Enemies Old, Enemies New' is an origin story for the rebooted series, but it feels like I knew all this stuff before I read this one.

This is the rebooted Turtles, so their origin is a reincarnated people combined with experiments from Baxter Stockman's lab. We learn this as Old Hob is trying to track down Splinter. He has a flashback of his times in medieval Japan. We also learn about Casey and April, a bit.

Things heat up as Baxter Stockman is displeased with Old H
Mike
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books
Old Hob is still hunting the Turtles to get to Splinter and this time he has reinforcements from Baxter Stockman in the form of an army of mousers! Vol. 2 continues the story and ties up a couple loose ends from vol. 1 (mainly for me the question of why don't they just take Hob's blood). We also learn a little bit more about their past lives in Japan in this volume which has been very interesting. The use of Casey Jones was also better and I found myself enjoying his interactions with April. The ...more
Larry
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tmnt, 2014, 2014-best
another great volume of ninja turtles
Jason
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another nostalgia/geek read for me this new revised take on the turtles is interesting so far....i'll see how it fans out
Jacobi
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trades-read
Really smart updates and takes on this universe. An interesting plot. Lovable characters. Great art.
Magda
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
These two stories were my first written meeting with certain mutated turtles. I've seen plenty cartoons about them when I was a kid, but somehow never got my hands on the written stories. When I've picked these two books up I though it would concentrate on some event or certain characters. Instead, I got a set of short tales from characters past and present times. Even some from their past lives.

I received a copy of these books from the publisher via NetGalley.

TMNT: Allies and Enemies

This book h
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
I received this book for free from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I have always loved the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Ever since I was five years old, when the television show debuted in the 1980s. My younger brother and I were obsessed with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We had all of the action figures and toys, which we played with extensively. The original television cartoon series and the original movies from the early 1990s will always hold a special plac
Justyn Rampa
This was as enjoyable as the first volume!

Kevin Eastman is doing some interesting tricks with the narrative to kind of acknowledge the original TMNT series that came before this reboot.

Familiar characters are getting set up: Casey Jones, April O'Neil, Baxter Stockman and the Mousers.

I will also say that he is doing a good job at establishing the dynamics of the turtles themselves as well as sowing the seeds of conflicts to come. I never realized the emotional truth of each turtle, and to be fair
Victor
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This book started off at a slightly slower pace than the previous volume but toward the second half it started picking up. Once again I want to stress that this origin story is different than what you'd probably be used to in TMNT lore if you're a fan of the 80's toons, original movies, or 03' show. However it is very refreshing to see something different. While I do prefer a story staying true to its roots, I can appreciate when liberties are taken as long as it is sensible and is meaningful.

O
Adam Fisher
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Volume 2 continues on with the great storyline, introduces the feudal Japan elements, first Krang, and April meets the Turtles. Fast flow, art style fits, and the story is really well done.
High recommend!
Jason
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading the first volume I was left with a lot of questions. Vol 2 pretty much answers all of those questions.

I am loving how they are combining the original comics, the tv show and new material into one.

This is looking like a great series right now.
awesomatik.de
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Schicke Zeichnungen, stimmungsvolle Farben, lässig erzählt. Top!
Ben
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This volume explores some... interesting ideas. It's an enjoyable read and brings some fresh ideas to familiar material.
Tjavierb
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mysterious ninjas, old rivalries, and the idea of reincarnation? Yep, this volume has them all! The series continues to be a fun, light read with heart.
Tyler
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So good. Need more.
sixthreezy
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tmnt
The first volume was not a fluke, this TMNT series is downright awesome.
Michael
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
More of the same. Great art and great storytelling.
Jackie
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Starting the year off right with Ninja Turtles! I don't think I enjoyed this volume quite as much as the first but it was still a fun read (though I may need to go back and reread the first volume since it's been a while. I may update this review after doing so). I liked that despite the fact that Raph was unruly, Leo actually seemed to have more of a rivalry going with Donatello so far. Which makes sense since they seem to be the two oldest in this series, which is something I've always been a ...more
Taylor K.
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
We finally get some more background on the previous lives of our favorite turtles and Master Splinter as Old Hob's time with Baxter Stockman is running out when he's given one last shot at getting the goods he requires: Splinter's blood.

With Dan Duncan returning as the artist, this volume goes forward in more ways than one that helps build up hype for Volume 3. I can't wait to sit down and see where Kevin and Tom take me next.
J. Sterling Smith
Now this is a TMNT comic! It's been too long since I've dived into the world of the turtles. While this is a slightly different take on the classic turtles, I love it dearly.

We get a bit more detail into the backstory of these turtles as well as meet a few old (not so friendly) faces.

I can't wait to see what the next Volume brings.
Chris W
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing too new or crazy. Just another well done take on the Ninja Turtles. Baxter Stockman, Krang, Foot Clan and Mousers all redone with slightly altered origins. If you like Ninja turtles or these villains you're bound to enjoy this volume.
Rolando Marono
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: idw
The good:
-We can seea big part of the TMNT Mythos starting to appear in the comics.
-Krangs.
-All the multi dimensions and time parts.
-Is good to see the brothers fighting the mousers.

The bad:
-The dialogues were too corny at parts.
-I miss Splinter's wisdom.
Nicole
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So the second one was good. Glad it ended with a cliff hanger. Not sure I like how Casey introduced April to the turtles. It seemed very rushed. Plus, how did Casey get to meet all of the turtles? Through Raphael?
Charlene
IDW's Turtles are killing it, yo<3
Josh
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Origin recap with some anthropomorphic action. Not complex, but it doesn’t need to be. Fun.
Justin
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mythology is turtles and splinter were humans and killed and reincarnated. Baxter uses mousers, nothing really impressive
Jen
Jun 15, 2016 rated it liked it
This story was just a little too... well... WEIRD for me! Okay, not that the entire concept of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles isn't sufficiently weird in and of itself. But this version throws in a whole reincarnation aspect that I found very hard to buy into. That whole spiritualist side just didn't seem to jive with the general freaky science experiments vibe of the story. I did enjoy the usual banter between the brothers. My favorite line (poor English aside): "Cripes, who'da thought Nerd Ninja ...more
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Volume 4: Sins of the Fathers
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro-Series, Volume 1
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Micro-Series, Volume 2
  • Transformers: Autocracy
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 3
  • Ghostbusters, Volume 2: The Most Magical Place On Earth
  • Green Lantern, Volume 5: Test of Wills
  • Poet Anderson: The Dream Walker
  • Atomic Robo and Other Strangeness (Atomic Robo, #4)
  • Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye, Volume 1
  • Batman: Detective Comics, Volume 5: Gothtopia
  • Hellboy and the B.P.R.D., Vol. 1: 1952
  • Green Lantern, Volume 3: The End
  • Watchbird
Kevin B. Eastman is an American comic book artist, co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
More about Kevin Eastman

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Volume 1: Change is Constant