Start by marking “Blood Script” as Want to Read:
Blood Script

Blood Script

“Ever f*cked a pirate?”

He was insufferable, deeply scarred, and frustratingly gorgeous, and he was the man who was blackmailing her into tying the knot.

Cora Harris has never had luck with men. Being the daughter of a ruthless crime boss tended to put a dent in any relationship, but she never imagined she’d get kidnapped in the dead of night by pirates. She sure as hell nev
382 pages
Published April 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Blood Script, please sign up.
Airicka Phoenix Hey! Thank you for your question. My website and newsletter will have further information regarding this novel Wed, Aug 17th!! ^_^
Love Unscripted by Tina ReberJust the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie JamesLove Unrehearsed by Tina ReberThe Accidental Movie Star by Emily  EvansBreathe by Abbi Glines
Hollywood Romance Novels
287 books — 636 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsStolen by Lucy ChristopherSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsConsequences by Aleatha RomigComfort Food by Kitty Thomas
Kidnapped!
721 books — 1,814 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Blood Script
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
It's LIVE & on Blog Tour!!

Airicka Phoenix is a new-to-me author and I'm so happy to have discovered her. This book was nothing short of amazing and I was captivated by James and Cora's story within its first pages. It was sensual, suspenseful and evocative. I never knew what was going to happen next and I enjoyed every moment of it.

James was a modern-day pirate. Really can't get sexier than that. After losing his entire family, he spent the last 15 years calling the open seas his home. He always
 Mary ❤️ DBO
****4 Stars****

4st

This is my first read from this author, and my first read with and about the inside of the Mafia. Thru all the book I keep forgetting that the action of the book was in our days. I kept going back in my mind like it was a historical romance.

When I read the blurb and I saw that the book it is about a pirate, I said:
"WooooW.... hell yeah I'm definitely in".😀

Imagini pentru GIF HELL YEAH
Although the book is about a pirate, most of the action happens on the land.

So...we have Cora, a daughter's mob mafia, the mos
CourtRocks'
5 Stars!

Mild Spoilers

Took me a bit to get into it, but once I was, I couldn't put it down. My third book by this author and I swear they only get better. Hot (and a lot of) sex, and great storyline with just the right amount of angst. Irresistible and possessive hero with a sweet and non-annoying heroine. And I LOVED the couple together. Literally. Not only could I not get enough of Captain James Crow, but I was obsessed with any scene of him and the heroine together.

I would say it was a bit in
Darlene I read WAY to many books
4.5 ⭐

Okay hands down I LOVE THIS BOOKKK!!!! OMGGGG!! Its pretty long-ish but so worth it. Its also my first book by this author and it was delicious 😋 😍 😊 how a pirate captain fell for a mob boss daughter.. match made in dirty heaven.

Some smoking hot scenes, did tear up a time or two and go "lord James stop with that fithly fucking mouth!!!" LOL

It does take a minute or two.. but stay with the book you wont regret it..James... JAMES CROW IS NOW OFFICALLY BOOK BOYFRIEND!!! Yes he is!! When you f
Mette
Move over Captain Jack Sparrow! There’s a new Captain in town, James Crow and he is the sexist SOB ever to sail the seven seas.

I feel like I found a treasure map, set sail and found the buried treasure.
OMGEEEEEEE I sailed the Perfect Storm!
Okay, I better stop here, and get down to business, before I find myself with a parrot on my shoulder!

Soo…….Cora is the only daughter of Elise and Giovanni De Marco. The Mafia King and Queen. She had been brought up to be a strong and independent woman, but sh
Susan (susayq ~)
A modern day pirate AND mafia business all in one book! That checked off so many yeses for me. And Airicka Phoenix did a bang up job with it and I LOVED it!

Captain James Crow has wanted revenge on Giovanni de Marco for years because de Marco was the person behind the death of his twin sister. So when supposed government officials approach him about him helping them to take him down he agrees. Captain Crow ends up kidnapping de Marco's daughter Cora but has second thoughts about turning her over
Amber
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy fucking pirates! That was insanely hot! This book is addicting and oh so deliciously twisted. James Crow is one bad ass pirate, except for when it comes to Cora, who he has captured. Blood Script is full of drama, suspense and so much more. Once you start, there is no putting it down. Each turn of the page brings you something new and you can't help but get caught in the story line and falling for the characters. Cora is head strong and determined to save and protect her family at all cost, ...more
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the author and InkSlingerPR***

Pirate books are just fun. Let's start there. Yes, I am probably not supposed to be ok with men who kidnap their women, and hold them hostage...I do get this, but darn it, pirate books are fun.

And, I love them. because they are pirate books. And they are fun. Because pirates.

Then there was the blurb. And, I was hooked. And, who wouldn't be? That's a valid question.

This book did not disappoint, not even a little. She was a modern day tavern wench..
J. C.  Red
Apr 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, boring, 1-star, tstl, pos-hero
Duuuude.

The heroine in this book was SO dumb.

I mean, my brain’s nothing to write home about and I’m pretty sure my common sense could use some work as well, but this character was something else entirely.

And it felt like it was done on purpose, which makes it all the more baffling.

And dramatic - dear God, everything about her was so dramatic.

And please keep in mind that I’m judging her based on other heroines in romance books so yeah.... the bar is really low for heroines to start with.

I wish
Tash
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by author in exchange for a honest review

When I first read the blurb for this book. I was immediately intrigued with this book . Revenge and Pirates who didn’t’ want anything more

Well there is more to this book and only makes this book even better. Mafia

Phoneix offers a very interesting take on things. Whilst Mafia books have been around for a while. I don’t think I have ever read a book like this and I’m glad that I did take a c
EpicRomanceReviews
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"You have no life that I don’t allow you.”

Yo Ho Ho!! BLOOD SCRIPT by Airicka Phoenix , a ravishing dark romance featuring a primally sexy pirate who imprisons, beds and weds his sworn enemy's sheltered daughter, was beyond epic!!!!! This swashbuckling revenge tale, set against the stormy seven seas, is teeming with BREATHTAKING ROMANCE, THRILLING ADVENTURE, CHILLING SUSPENSE and a SMOLDERING PASSION that's so combustible it engulfed my hearts in flames!!

First... a confession. I am harborin
Zara
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
A BOOK WITH A SEXY MODERN DAY PIRATE INVOLVED IN THE MAFIA?? HELL YES.

I've never read anything by this author, and I WAS IMPRESSED. The writing was addictive, and I could not put it down, or focus on anything else.

I loved the action and the romance, but I wished there was more of an emotional connection between the two characters.

Apart from that, it was an enjoyable read.

4/5 stars
Melissa Crump
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hold on tight! Blood Script will take you on the ride of your life. Jam packed with suspense, and a sexual chemistry so hot that it could burn you by reading, this is a fantastic read.

I seriously couldn't not get enough of this book. I found myself not wanting to put it down for anything. The book paints scenes that you'd swear was a movie playing in your head.

The journey of Blood Script is an unforgettable one that any romance lover should read. It's seriously addictive.
Expresso
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Modern day pirates???!! Wtaf???!!! When I heard about this story initially, I just KNEW it was historical. It's not Phoenix's genre of choice so I assumed she decided to dip her "literary toe" to test the waters. AND I'm just NOSEY enough to follow. Well FML! Phoenix pulled a whammy and literary kicked my booty! I couldn't be more whipped if I were whipped cream in hot chocolate!

So first BS is not historical. Captain James Crow is an uber sexy, super bold, 6'4 ft tall glass of yummy! Dude actual
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
Holy Fuck, what an amazing book. Wow. Where the heck have I been? Seriously how come have I not read any of this author’s books? Because Blood Script blew me away. Technically Blood Script had enough blood pumping storyline to make my heart go on a frenzy. Blood Script was my first book from Airicka Phoenix and as I said where have I been because this book was freaking fantastic. Blood Script was a story that gave me so much excitement that I could not contain at all. I wanted to shout at the he ...more
Raeshelle, A Naughty Girl's Novel World
I LOVE mafia romance with the sort of hardcore passion that is scary, so when I read the blurb for Airicka Phoenix's Blood Script and saw that it features one man's vengeance and a well-planned kidnapping of his enemy's daughter I was elated and excited to the point where it was scary! When this book hit my kindle I dived in, no holds barred and without reservation but I simply was NOT prepared for this incredible joyride!

James and Cora's story about love, overwhelming lust and revenge left me
Romance Readers Retreat
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When a books blurb asks the question 'Have you ever @&$#£€ a pirate?' then I'm instantly drawn to that book.

This is most definitely not about your swashbuckling, wooden legged, parrot on the shoulder type of pirates, this is a tale of the modern day variety and pretty damn hot ones at that. Especially Captain James Crow and his second in command, Nicholas.
This author is also one I have not had the fortune of coming across before.

Unfortunately it took me a little longer than I would have
Laura Lee
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

WOW!!! What a ride I just took. This was my first Airicka Phoenix book to read and it won’t be my last!

First you have a headstrong Cora Harris who is trying her darnest to sever the ties to her crime family, she has her own business and own place…One night, she is kidnapped and her life will never be the same. Loved her attitude and her unwillingness to back down from anyone or any situation.

Captain James Crow popped my Pirate cherry. I was ready to toss my kindle and jump aboard his v
Konny
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blood Script by Airicka Phoenix is a romance novel, a stand-alone.
Blood Script left me speechles, literally.
There are pirates !!!! Handsome, gorgeous pirates !!!!
Meet Cora Harris, she owns a bar, has no luck with men or relationships. Because she´s the daughter of a powerful crime boss.
And there is Captain James Crow - Eeeeeeep - sorry but I´m a puddle here. He´s a pirate, a arms dealer and raider.
He kidnaps her to seek revenge for.....
And he wants her to marry him and submit to him.
- all for h
DianaC-Bookaholic And
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Over the years we had been introduced to many gorgeous alpha males Christian Grey, Gidean Cross, Professor Gabriel Emerson. Every one of this alpha males had something that had you falling hard for them. In 2017 we're introduced to a 21st Century Pirate Captain James Crow.

He not only has the power to striped you from your being but will melt you heart. Revenge is the only thing has him breathing until he meets his siren Cora Harris, a woman that has the power to bring him to his knees.

Airicka
V.💜GreedyThirstForForbidden🖤
I enjoyed every page of this book, I must admit I have a soft spot for pirates, who wants Prince Charming when you can have a Pirate 😍
I have read other works by this author and I have always enjoyed them, but this is particularly good! The sex is hot and there are some steamy wicked scenes and of course the unexpected turn is events. I definitely advise it if you’re looking for an easy steamy reading and a hot as hell wicked pirate.
Cora Kenborn
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are few "go-to" authors that I don't even have to stop to read the blurb before just diving into the book. Airicka Phoenix is one of those authors. I know before the first page her books are going to draw me in and not let go, so I might as well get comfortable and plan on not sleeping. Blood Script was no different. Fresh, different, imaginative, and off-the-chain hot, are only a few words to describe this book. James Crow just sailed his way to one of the top rungs of my book boyfriend h ...more
Beth
Jun 21, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
I haven't DNF'd a book in quite a while and that's why it pains me to quit this book. It started out strong and I was really enjoying it. Somehow along the way I just lost interest and never went back to finish it. ...more
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

Airicka Phoenix has done it again! From the cover to the intriguing synopsis, the author has once again managed to completely pulled me in to yet another one of her works. Having read Transcending Darkness, I knew the author was going to create something unique that I would end up loving right away and that is exactly what she did.

In Blood Script, we get to meet Cora Harris and Captain James Crow as they embark in an adventure that will c
Jos
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Erato
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: bad-man

I really struggled on what to score this book. The plot and lead male character were fantastic, but it was let down by a totally unbalanced heroine. Cora goes from being feisty and strong to a zombie “must have sex” lunatic in a single paragraph so often that it really grated on my nerves. She takes “Dickmatised” to a whole new level.

Whilst I really liked James, oddly enough my favourite character turned out to be Cora’s Mother…. Now there is a strong solid heroine!
Readingzmything
5 Stars!

Airicka Phoenix! I love how you write both your protagonists! Their chemistry and dialogue is exactly what I look for in my books to feel completely engaged. Thank you for another outstanding read!
DarkRaven Reviews
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Even though at first I found it hard to connect with the book I soon found I was getting along better with it. I loved reading this book but I felt at times it just seemed to slow down to a halt for a while before picking back up again.

I liked the characters but at times felt detached from them in retro spec. I enjoyed reading about the characters none-the-less. It didn't put me off reading the book it was just something that niggled at me.

I'm going to be keeping my eye on this author for sure.
Lia
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blood Script by Aricka Phoenix
5 *****

Awesome Modern Day Pirate Read

This starts as Revenge and ends with.......well you just have to read the book to find out.
Crow is so obsessed with getting revenge for his twin sister's murder and he will do anything to get it. Including breaking and destroying Cora.

Aricka Phoenix has a great Read on her hands. I will say that it takes a bit to get the story going but so worth pushing through. You will feel the emotions the emotions of each and every characte
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ll give this a 3.5 mainly because I liked the plot but really I hate the Stockholm syndrome thing, many times I understand it, if the heroine has a little more spark in her (especially seeing as she was supposed to be a legacy of a crime family). But it kinda fell flat on that note for me. While she tried to justify her staying married to him it really just fell revolved on that she was horny, cock-whipped-head-over-heels in love with him (from the beginning). Plus a lot of things were talk ra ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1)
  • Vincent (Made Men, #2)
  • Nero (Made Men, #1)
  • The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1)
  • Lucca (Made Men, #4)
  • The Baby Bargain (Once a Marine, #1)
  • Chloe (Made Men, #3)
  • Until November (Until, #1)
  • Co-Ed (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Rich Prick
  • Lost in a Good Book (Thursday Next, #2)
  • Moonshot
  • The Glamourist (The Vine Witch, #2)
  • Prick (A Step Brother Romance, #1)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • The Player (The Game Maker, #3)
  • The Blood of Roses (Highlands, #2)
  • City of Bones: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
Airicka Phoenix is a multi genre author of dark contemporary & dangerous paranormal romance starring sassy female leads and sexy alpha heroes.

For more on Airicka, follow & join her on:

Follow Airicka on BOOKBUB

____________________________

Airicka's monthly newsletter contains writing updates and exclusive giveaways!

____________________________

Becoming part of Airicka

News & Interviews

Looking for a fictional meet-cute in the new year? We've got some steamy novels for you to snuggle up with, including Casey McQuiston's...
“You have no life that I don’t allow you.” 0 likes
“He’s insufferable, if you must know. He’s arrogant and demanding, and outright infuriating.” 0 likes