Start by marking “Lord of the Clans (WarCraft, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lord of the Clans (WarCraft, #2)

Lord of the Clans

(WarCraft #2)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  5,485 Ratings  ·  190 Reviews
Lord of the Clans (Warcraft, Book 2)
Mass Market Paperback, 278 pages
Published October 1st 2001 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Lord of the Clans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord of the Clans

Markus
Mar 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, fantasy, warcraft
"I have no fear of killing those who deserve to die. I do not choose to kill those who do not."

I hate orcs.

Really, they’ve always been one of my least favourite fantasy races. I grew up with Tolkien’s books, and he was the first to shape my perception of all the traditional fantasy races. Later, when I played games such as The Elder Scrolls, the orcs, while different from Tolkien’s, were still too twisted and ugly and mindless and brutish for me to sympathise with them in any way. And other fant
Ahmad Sharabiani
Lord of the Clans (WarCraft #2), Christie Golden
Warcraft: Lord of the Clans is a novel by Star Trek novelist Christie Golden based in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. It was published October 1, 2001 by Pocket Books.
In the mist-shrouded haze of the past, the world of Azeroth teemed with wondrous creatures of every kind. Mysterious Elves and hardy Dwarves walked among tribes of Man in relative peace and harmony -- until the arrival of the demonic army known as the Burning Legion shatte
Rachel
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: warcraft
Christie Golden writes Horde characters extremely well as I first discovered in Rise of the Horde. Lord of the Clans is the best Horde-based book I've read in the World of Warcraft series. This is Thrall's story from birth to Warchief. No shortage of legendary Horde characters here--Durotan and Draka of the Frostwolf Clan, Grom Hellscream of the Warsong Clan, Drek'Thar, shaman of the Frostwolves, and Warchief Ogrim Doomhammer of the Blackrock Clan. Thrall's captor, Aedelas Blackmoore, is a perfe ...more
Heidi
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best WOW book I've read yet! Love the character Thrall!! 😍
Cherrie
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I sometimes try to criticize the book I'm reading. Usually I can't come up with anything(except when the book is so obviously horrible that even I can see it), but at least I'm able to put down the book and think for a while.

With this one, I just couldn't.

I started this book a few weeks ago, but I couldn't continue because I was too busy. I picked it up again yesterday, thinking that I would be able to finish this (relatively) thin book in no time. And I did. Not because the story was short, bu
Michael Crews
Jan 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Lector Anacrónico
Soy un gran amante de los videojuegos y de las historias de caballeros y de la edad media, así que hace algunos años cuando empezaba la universidad, descubrí World of Warcraft y debo confesar que le dedique muchas horas de mi tiempo a construir mi personaje; por cuestiones de tiempo y demás ocupaciones me vi obligado a dejar mi afición, pero seguí amando todo lo que narraban sobre este mundo en guerra, así que cuando vi este y otro libro (siguiente reseña) me emocioné demasiado y me vi casi que ...more
Haakan
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-bookshelf
I thought that Lord of the Clans by Christie Golden was a great book. The book is one of the many books in the Warcraft series which is based of the Warcraft video game series. I love the Warcraft series and I especially like this book because it is the backstory to one of the most important and my favorite character Thrall.

The story begins in the land of Azeroth, a land populated by humans, dwarves, orcs, and many other races. The orcs are weakened and are losing their war with the humans. On o
Инна Гецова
Страхотна книжка, която прочетох почти на един дъх. Толкова завладяваща и интересна, че човек не усеща кога е прочел цели 100 страници, без да спира. Давам пет звезди на "Повелителят на клановете" книга втора от поредицата "WarCraft". Трал е един велик герой от света на фентъзито и за мен, вече е един от любимите ми персонажи. Един нов образ на създанията Орки. Книгата заема място като една от любите ми книги. Чете с лекота и силно запленява!
Ben
Jun 12, 2009 added it
I recommend this book to anyone that likes fantsay. This is baout a othe end of the 2nd war between the humans and the horde. A human have find a baby orc and has train him to be a warrioir, a gladiator, and a slave. However Thrall the orc escape from the humans and has reclaim his rightful place the horde as their warchief.
Alexander SMith
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. It had a point and click game based on it that got cancelled, but it was hacked and released anyway.
Roman Kurys
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Warning. I am super biased about this book. I played Warcraft aeries as a kid and put in a good amount of time into the World of Warcraft as well. To be able to see where Thrall (who is iconic in Warcraft universe) came from in a book, was like a wet dream that went on for a few days.
I do not think I am really able to write a balanced review here. Well, maybe I am, but I really do not want to.
I feel like this story was a 5 stars for ME, so that is what it gets. Thank you to Christie Golden for
Irena
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alen Andrić
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nije možda čista petica, ali mi je jedna od dražih knjiga koje sam čitao, nakon nje sam Thralla kao charactera jako zavolio, mislim da bi bila zanimljiva i nekome tko nije toliko upoznat sa warcraft svijetom.
Felipe Guerrero
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pues que buen libro, la verdad.

Es un libro simple, fácil de leer pero que lleva consigo un mensaje, NO TODO LO QUE BRILLA ES ORO.

Nunca había leído un libro en el que trataran a los orcos como seres con honor, con sentimiento de justicia, como seres capaces de sentir clemencia, casi siempre son tratados como unos brutos sin clemencia, sedientos de sangre... y bueno si son así, si se los provoca.

En este libro Thrall me recordó mucho a Conan el Barbaro, quizá por eso sentí mas afinidad hacia el y,
Raquel
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
So far, I love this book. Golden depicts her villains well, though at times their evil is rather ham fisted. Blackmoore as a drunken moron plotting to use Thrall to propel his political career is appropriately dispicable. I feel like Golden is attempting to give him complexity through the alcoholism, but it mostly falters as Blackmoor is either evil or pathetic. Usually both.

I do love her portrayal of Thrall and Taretha, though I wish we could SEE more of Taretha's intellect and sarcastic wit sh
Adam
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Pros: For fantasy, Golden is an excellent storyteller. The rise of Thrall as the leader of the orcs (and basically the Horde) follows along the lines of a Ben-Hur / Spartacus / Gladiator type epic saga. Great fiction!

Cons: I don't have anything terrible to say about the book. It is intended for teenagers - but I knew that before reading it.

Overall: I'd recommend this book to any fans of WoW or any fans of fantasy looking for a new series.
TL Jeffcoat
Jun 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
This story is not only emotional, it's fast moving. Exciting adventurous and well written. This is a wonderful story about how the most powerful and wisest ruler of the Horde came to power. This story is so good, you can travel to these exact locations in the book inside a dungeon in the MMO. Yeah, it has a dungeon focused on portion of this story. That's how pivotal it is to the entire world of Azeroth.
Colleen
Jul 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: wizards
So far very pleasantly surprised about this series of books. This one perhaps more than the last one I read, Day of the Dragon. It is able to be more of a standalone book, then really required reading after you've played some of the game.

To tell you how good this is, makes me almost want to try out an orc character, but I've been Alliance too long maybe to test that out.
Andy Laishes
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really like the plot of this book, it shows you how Thrall came to be Warchief and shows you the conflicts he goes through. It is well written with twists and turns. It shows how Thrall reunites the clans and puts the Orc race in the correct direction, not one of war and ravage, but one of peace and intellect.
Ryan Nicholson
Sep 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Warcraft Fans
This book was amazing!!! The story was awesome following Thrall and his rise to be Warchief of the horde. This book gave me laughs and tears and as playing Alliance made me feel sorry for the way humans treated the orcs. Brilliant read highly recommend it for anyone into warcraft lore.
Aik Koh
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Favourite book of the first three books of the Warcraft series. It's a standalone story about a young orc and his rise to the Warchief to lead it's people. Author simply wonderful in expressing the emotions of the protagonist and it's slow rise to power. Read it almost 3 times.
Steen
Aug 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
I play the online game so it was sort of interesting to learn more about one of the characters in it. This even prompted me to go to the instance that follows Thrall's escape from Durnhold. Looking forward to reading more in the series.
Daley
Jun 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: warcraft
As if I couldn't love Thrall anymore, this book showed me that I could. His life, his struggles, his accomplishments. He shows us clearly that there is REAL good in the Horde. This book also shows many evils of the humans. Wonderful read.
Antonia Ivanova
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read in one day, this beauty had me build a tremendous respect for orcs. They are noble and wise creatures and Thrall's character was portrayed so tremendously strong. Christie Golden did a great job at that!!
Raymond Lee
May 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I finish this book when I was in cancun. It talk about the life of thrall on how he rise to power. Golden is a outstanding writer, I never found the wow into reading and I don't know if it's her writing or the story but now I love to read.
Lavenza
Aug 07, 2012 rated it liked it
A touching and inspiring story, one of Golden's best works. Truly loved Taretha and all she did for Thrall.
Angel Baron
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
great one !
Mishmash
Apr 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Awesome.
Ian
Nov 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
A good book, but too short.
  • The Last Guardian (WarCraft, #3)
  • Day of the Dragon (WarCraft, #1)
  • Of Blood and Honor (WarCraft, #0)
  • Tides of Darkness
  • Cycle of Hatred (World of WarCraft, #1)
  • World of Warcraft: Ashbringer
  • World of Warcraft, Vol. 1
  • Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde (World of Warcraft, #12)
Award-winning author Christie Golden has written over thirty novels and several short stories in the fields of science fiction, fantasy and horror. She has over a million books in print.

2009 will see no fewer than three novels published. First out in late April will be a World of Warcraft novel, Athas: Rise of the Lich King. This is the first Warcraft novel to appear in hardcover. Fans of the youn

WarCraft (4 books)
  • Of Blood and Honor (WarCraft, #0)
  • Day of the Dragon (WarCraft, #1)
  • The Last Guardian (WarCraft, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
“It is a fool who repeats the same actions expecting a different outcome.” 12 likes
“One can not always believe what one hears.” 4 likes