Start by marking “Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Vol. 2

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Vol. 2

(月刊少女野崎くん [Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun] #2)

It's Nozaki-kun's job to create characters, but he doesn't have to look very far for inspiration!

Umetarou Nozaki, a high school student leading a double life as a popular shoujo manga-ka, is an extraordinary guy. This is hardly news to Chiyo, of course! But not to be outdone by Nozaki, the people around him are pretty unique too...

There's a maiden-hearted playboy, a fl
Published May 24th 2016 by Yen Press (first published November 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Vol. 2

Start your review of Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Vol. 2
Mir
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: school, graphic, ya
Quite funny, and I was glad to see a bit more actual story being sustained rather than just one-pagers.
I'm still wondering why our protagonist has a crush on Nozaki in the first place. Tsubaki conveys the Prince's attractions quite well, so it'c clearly a deliberate choice to make Nozaki's non-obvious. But most people's unrequited affections are opaque to me.

Especially amusing was the section where Nozaki is ill and his friends rally to try to complete his manga by deadline.
Bonus: finally a clea
Beth F.
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This was more hilarious than the last volume.

The story, though a collection of different stories, flowed really well and referenced each other in good taste. So enjoyable. A lot of the jokes are made because of silly misunderstandings, which are fun to read about.

Characters are just so fabulous. The girl who likes Nozaki is really sweet. I'm glad she sees him for who he really is and likes that. (As shown by events in this volume) Nozaki is single minded in favor of his manga, as usual. Yuzuki
Seobin  Baeg
Seo and Waka combination is so cute!!!! The raccoons are cute too!!!! Everything is so cute here!!!!
Karina
Angie
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so much better than the first volume! Or maybe I finally got used to the style. Either way, I enjoyed it and was constantly giggling at characters and their shenanigans!
Beth
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
At times the humor loses me, and at others it has me crying tears of laughter.
kerrycat
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorites
"whose pants am I wearing now?"

this is so damn hilarious - every single page had me laughing.
Sara Mul
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still loving my idiots, but now Wakamatsu, the first year basketball player with a soft heart, is here!!! I love!! Him!!!!
Ren (A Bookish Balance)
4/5 stars

I’ve always been a fan of Izumi Tsubaki, ever since her series Oresama Teacher, and for the most part I really enjoy Monthly Girls’s Nozaki-kun. The humour can be hit or miss, the hits are absolutely hilarious and have me laughing so hard I can’t breathe, while the misses, what can I say? I find there is often word play in manga that gets lost in translation, it’s something the scanlators do well and the official translators seem to fall short on. But where Monthly Girls’s Nozaki-kun r
Ruthsic
In this volume, we get something close to a plotline as the cast of characters gets bigger. Along with the regular shenanigans Nozaki gets into trying to make his story better, Chiyo gets to know more about his relationship with his current and former editors. Speaking of the former editor, there is a hilarious sideplot about some tanuki and oblivious men. And the queen of obliviousness, Seo, is currently bullying Wakamatsu but he is also being soothed by her singing (unknowingly) - all of which ...more
Sarah Schanze
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
More fun and cute comics! I still love the peek into comics-making life and laugh at the ones that I can relate to.
Beka
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
So. Hilarious. If you are a fan of manga, twisting tropes, and situational comedy, you gotta check out this series!
Claire
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think the Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (月刊少女野崎くん) series does definitely encourage those who pay attention to it to give the process of making it a try, however possible! Like as in putting in the toner, or drawing, or whatever.

Oh! According to Wikipedia it is currently ongoing, as of July 1, 2017! I have never actually read a currently running series before!
(Although it looks like they're going to put the last one out in EN in about two weeks.)

THAT'S SOOO COOL ♥ it made me decide to rate it a li
Daphne
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was much better than the first volume. The story was less episodic since we actually know who everyone is and don't need to be introduced to a new character every single chapter. I don't think this is the funniest manga I've ever read, but there were definitely times where I audibly laughed. The humor is hit-or-miss, but when it's funny, it's really funny.

I'm not the biggest fan of the protagonists (why Chiyo loves Nozaki is a mystery to me) but the side characters more than make up for th
Shy Kuzonoha
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-collection
I'm really into this series. Monthly Girls is a Romantic slice of life comedy, that comes off clever in it's delivery, as well as quite silly when it needs to be. Following every Character's escapades, trying to develop manga, is a very enjoyable feat. Jokes tend to find a medium ground, between sheer stupidity and sophistication you don't see too often in Manga. The title sounds raunchy, but it's not that at all. Once you understand the concept of what Nozaki-Kun is as a whole, you'll understan ...more
Atalinay
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is really funny so far. In particular Wakamatsu being bullied by Yuzukiseo and being unaware of the fact he likes her singing voice. Also he can't help but be kind and not confrontational. I'm glad he's part of Nozaki's manga group, even if his title is just "erases stuff". Kashima is quickly becoming one of my favorites. She is just so overly confident and I like her dysfunctional friendship(?) with Hori. Mikoshiba is always excellent(and horrifically romantic).
Beckiezra
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-manga
I felt like this volume was even funnier, some great new characters were introduced and they brought a lot of humor. The story is really building even though it's told in four panels, though I don't know that it's building to anything in particular, it's all just very related. I don't think there necessarily will ever be a climax to the story, but I like this kind of high school life story told in short humorous events rather than drawn out dramas.
Noseinabook
This Manga series follows a cast of characters, one of whom is secretly a popular manga artist. It’s been a while since I read the first volume and I spent the first chapter or so wondering why I had liked it so much, but it wasn’t long before I was laughing out loud! This manga is perfect for manga readers/artists. The characters are lovable and hilarious! I will definitely continue with the series!
Kastie Pavlik
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Awesome. Hilarious. Just what I didn't know I needed! I found the anime streaming and am watching it in conjunction with reading the books. Having the source material fresh in mind makes it even funnier. I love that this volume sets more of a story-like flow and the humor makes this such a fun read. Sadly books 3&4 are on back order, so I'm forced to wait to continue. :( But I'm looking forward to it! ...more
brightredglow
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I love this series and vol 2 has some of my favorite moments in "Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun" with the umbrella chapter, Seo and Wakatmatsu being completely obvious and oblivious at the same time, Kashima always, and then the gang trying to help Nozaki get a chapter out when he's ill. I don't remember high school ever being like the one portrayed here, but I sure wish it had been.
Gaelan D'costa
Nothing more I can say that I didn't about book 1, this series is one of the view I can watch over and over again and bust a gut laughting even though I know exactly what followup is going to happen next. The constrained format and the expressiveness of the art is amazing and timeless.

Somehow subversive without ever heading into darkness or heaviness (or sexually overtoned for that matter, which is how most light animes tend to swing), I would love to see more things like it.
Monrucha▪♡▪
*pig snort*

There's so many aspect of manga making process and art.I'm estatic.

A new character is introduced.*seal clapping*

The cover illustration is so misleading imao.My friend thought I was reading romance manga and that Mikorin is the love interest.*hyena laugh*Even the color page inside gives off that vibe,this artist is such a troll lol.
Rebekah Gyger
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the funnier mangas I've read. While this volume reads a bit different from the first (the story doesn't seem to go by as fast, as the scenes are longer), I still love these characters. And for anyone picking this up after watching the anime, there are a lot of additional scenarios in this that make it worth the read.
J.D. Holman
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This series is a delight. Volume 2 includes an explanation of tone, a sticker-like pre-made background mangaka use. Pretty informative, and useful for the story arc that involves Nozaki'kun's "staff" trying to apply it.
Roxanne
Comedy interwoven with high school hijinks and the highs and lows of liking a mangaka. It is important to communicate using your words whatever language one speaks! Signals and body language and tone of voice sometimes fly over a person's head...
Cat T.
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love it.

I'm not an unbiased reader, though. I've loved this mangaka since I read Oresama Teacher. This volume introduces SeoWaka which is just comedy gold. I never stopped giggling.
Chris
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I did this manga series wrong by watching the anime first. The comedic timing is a little lost because I know what's coming.
There was a scene in the extra at the end, that made me burst out laughing though.
Bryn (Plus Others)
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shoujo-manga
This is so funny, and so hard to explain to anyone who isn't intimately familiar with all the tropes of shoujo manga.
Schnekk
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author really is suited to 4koma gag comics and to casts with fewer characters.
Mark Evans
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is easily one of the best manga I’ve ever read. Great cast, fun stories. I loved the anime so much that I wanted more time with these characters and the manga has exactly what I was looking for.
« previous 1 3 next »

• ホリミヤ 3 (Horimiya #3)
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 1
  • ホリミヤ 4 (Horimiya #4)
  • ばらかもん6 [Barakamon 6](デジタル版ガンガンコミックスONLINE)
  • ばらかもん7 [Barakamon 7](デジタル版ガンガンコミックスONLINE)
  • ばらかもん5 [Barakamon 5](デジタル版ガンガンコミックスONLINE)
  • ホリミヤ 1 (Horimiya, #1)
  • ハイキュー!! 1 日向と影山 [Haikyū!! 1 Hinata to Kageyama]
  • ホリミヤ 5 (Horimiya #5)
  • ホリミヤ 2 (Horimiya #2)
  • My Hero Academia, Vol. 1 (My Hero Academia, #1)
  • ヲタクに恋は難しい 5 [Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii 5] (Wotakoi: Love Is Hard for Otaku, #5)
  • ホリミヤ 6 (Horimiya, #6)
  • 暗殺教室 3 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 3] (Assassination Classroom, #3)
  • ばらかもん 14 (Barakamon, #14)
  • GANGSTA. 1 (Gangsta., #1)
  • Barakamon, Vol. 3
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 4 (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #4)