Start by marking “A Tide Worth Turning” as Want to Read:
A Tide Worth Turning

A Tide Worth Turning

(Surf's Up #1)

Addison Burke is a successful real estate agent who specializes in high-end closings and who enjoys an elite lifestyle not often afforded someone her age (27). But following a stroke and a recent fall, Addison is forced to hire a caregiver for her estranged mother, Lee Ann; a job Addison chooses not to take on, despite her financial freedom to do so. She hires an agency to ...more
Published September 12th 2015 by Elizabeth Wiseman Mackey

To ask other readers questions about A Tide Worth Turning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tide Worth Turning

Start your review of A Tide Worth Turning
Stefanie
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've read Beth Wiseman's Amish books, so this book, set in a modern era was different from her other stories. I thought it was a sweet little story and found the characters to be very relatable. Plus, I'm a sucker for books with a beach theme and this one made me want to sit on the beach and soak in some sunshine.
Deana Dick
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

Addison is a hardworking woman who is still trying to overcome her grief of losing her dad. Her mother Lee Ann , recently suffered a stroke and needs to have someone look after her. Her mom is very independent and tries to convince Addison she doesn't need a "babysitter." They both are stubborn and neither one will budge an inch on the arrangement of Lee Ann's care. Without warning, Addison has arranged a care giver to come to
Maria Chapman
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**I am reviewing the audible version of this book, which comes in a box set of 4 novellas**

I really enjoyed this story.
I think Beth Wiseman did really well to pack so much in to a novella. I liked and could relate to the characters and was impressed by the author’s knowledge about Australia, which is where I’m from.
This was a lovely sweet story. There were also a lot of lessons that could be learned, and things too ponder.
The narration was excellent, with different voices for the different chara
Ellen White
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read these books, and now to listen to them on Audible was a delight. The narration by Cecily White was good, and clear speaking.
Addison arranges a caregiver for her mother, till she gets back on her feet, after a stroke and a fall. A man close to her age comes, single, with an accent. She was impressed by his looks, and wondered why the agency sent a man. He has secret, and hopes he has money before his past is known. For Addison, burned by love to many times. Both stubborn, yet attracte
Peni
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet romance with strong christian undertones. Being a Catholic Christian I was happy to notice the references were correct without prejudice. Immigration and citizenship are such hot topics right now. I was surprised to see it as part of this story.

I recieved a free Audible copy, at my request, in exchange for a honest review.
Debbie
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I have to stop reading novellas, because I mess up the rating. I know the author's potential with filling out novels, and so I get frustrated with the shell of a story. This one especially just didn't work for me.
Lynda Knapp
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well worth the read!

What a light and easy read. It was so enjoyable. Addison and Logan's story took us to another country. Great job to the author. I will definitely read more by Beth Wiseman.
Marjorie J. Navara
Love

I've now read 3 Books by this Author, and simply put, they are Beautiful. There is so much understanding of God which is why they are so good to read. If you're looking for something different to read, try this series.
Deedra
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good read! Addison hires a man to help care for her mother ,who she fears is slipping. This man has a secret or two that could affect all of them. Cecily White was a fine narrator. I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.'
Delinda Mauney
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A nice story with a good ending all the way around. The characters are warm and personable. Just an easy read with a good story that makes you smile.
Carrie Rosen
Cute novella

Left me wanting more, but I guess that's often the way with novellas. Cute escapism fiction. Maybe it will grow.
Catherine Geist
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

It was a good read.It kept your interest and kept you guessing what was going on.The ending was a surprise.Well worth reading.
Karen
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A easy light read, that I enjoyed, I read it in one day.
Allyson Maclay
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Cute quick read if your into Christian novels
Karla
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis: Addison Burke is a career woman, a successful real estate agent who specializes in high end closings and thrives on her elite lifestyle, rather unusual for someone of her age. Her career is interrupted by her mother's fall caused by a recent stroke. This dedicated daughter feels that she has to hire a caregiver for her estranged mother, Lee Ann, so that she can ensure her well being while she continues her career. Addison could carry out this responsibility herself, however chooses to ...more
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
Beth has stepped out of the traditional Amish stories that we love to read and written this beautiful novella, and I am so glad that she did! The story left me longing for more time with the characters! Beth has done a fantastic job with this story and I hope she continues in this path.

Here we meet Addison, a busy professional woman who is trying to figure out a way to take care of her aging mother, someone she does not get along with too well. Enter Logan, a handsome man from Australia who is
T. Rosado
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

I so wish this was a longer story. It's so hard for me to rate a romance novella, because the length makes character development more difficult and the speed of the the romance can seem rushed. Beth Wiseman is a beautiful writer and, given the length, she has created a sweet romance with an ever-present spiritual thread. We see the transformative power of the Lord weaved within a story line of new love, second-chance love, familial relationships and past hurts. That's quite a bit to pul
D.J.

This is a very interesting story…

Addison Burke is a successful real estate agent. When her mother has a stroke, Addison arranges for a sitter to stay with her mom several hours each day. But she doesn’t expect a handsome man – who can cook – to show up!

Oh my! Logan, the new caregiver, seems too good to be true. He credentials are impressive, but can he be trusted? Is he who he says he is? You know I can't tell you... you'll have to read it for yourself to find out.

WOW! Beth Wiseman surprised me
Kristi
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have said many times before I don't really enjoy novellas. I am more of a "full-length" novel type of reader. That being said, I have read several novellas over 100 pages and found myself enjoying them. Receiving this novella by Beth Wiseman and discovering it was less than 100 pages had me really doubting I would enjoy this story. How Beth has changed my mind!

This story was easy to get into. The characters are well-developed and the story is well executed. The author has included all the elem
Aileen Burke
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We are often held captive by our thoughts, and how we live our lives each day reveals much of what we believe to be true. In her newest novella, A Tide Worth Turning, author Beth Wiseman dives deep into the heart of a woman who is bound by what she believes to be true, and how she reacts when these false beliefs are brought to light. What power does a "mound of lies and betrayals." (Wiseman, p.38) hold when held to the light of God's love? How far will a woman go to find forgiveness? Perhaps the ...more
Patty
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beth Wiseman has written Amish Fiction for several years. It is more recent that she has added Contemporary Fiction to her ever growing list of best-selling books.

A Tide Worth Turning is a quick, contemporary read. This novella has four characters who are all keeping secrets; Addison Burke, her mother Lea Ann, Logan, and a stranger. The way they connect and relate to one another can bring forgiveness and restoration in their lives, if they let it.

I enjoyed the little mystery going on in this sto
Cathy Cermele
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story of family, love, faith and new beginnings.
A well written novella, Beth has managed to tell the story of the four main character's without making things seem rushed. Each character was well developed and had an interesting story.

One of my favorite characters is Lee Ann. She has such strength and made a decision to protect Addison's feelings at all costs.

Letting go of past hurts and learning to forgive is the main theme of this wonderful book by Beth Wiseman.

I received a free cop
Lorraine
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Tide Worth Turning is a well-written story about love and trust.

Addison, a busy and successful real estate agent, hired someone to look after her mother Lee Ann after her stroke.

Expecting a woman, Addie was surprised to open the door and find the agency had sent a man. Addie has trust issues because of failed relationships and she doesn’t really trust this handsome Australian.

My favorite character is Lee Ann…..she is a hoot!! She’ll keep you chuckling throughout the story. You’ll love all t
Karen
Feb 04, 2017 rated it liked it
A cute story with nice characters

content- clean
Cheryl Baranski
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Tide Worth Turning is a moving story. A story that deals lives challenges of feeling lost and alone and gives you so much more. A story of heartbreak, pain, faith, hope and love. Learning to trust again after being hurt so. Learning to let go of the past and move forward with your life. Putting your faith and trust in God.
A must read book! 5 stars!
Linda
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This novella is lighthearted with a hint of mystery tossed in for good measure. The story moves along with a twist you’d never guess. Will Addison and her mom, Lee Ann, be able to rebuild their relationship? Will Logan convince Addison to trust again? Is it coincidence or God’s plan? I enjoyed the journey this book takes you on and I recommend it with five stars!
Cindy
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beth Wiseman went on a different path with this novella. Instead of Amish fiction which I have read by her in the past, she wrote a novella about life, loss, pain, love, and forgiveness with "English" characters. It is a quick read that keeps you intrigued from beginning to end with a hint of mystery. I was given an e-copy of this novella for an honest review.
Jan
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this lovely novella. The story starts with conflict between mother and daughter. There is also a male caregiver who shows up to help the mom as she recovers from a stroke. He has his own secrets though. The story comes together beautifully. Can all of the issues be resolved? Will anyone find happiness. Read it and see. I'm glad I did.
Rita
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story will take you from Texas to the beaches of Australia. I could almost feel the warm white sand between my toes. Beth has done it again with this intreguing story. The reader is promised love, faith and a hint of mystery.
Anne-Marie Chandler
Good novella. Addison lost her way with GOD and Logan/Jack has a secret but he helps her find her way by talking to her and telling her how much he loves God. He tells her finally about his secret and she accepts him and decides to change her life and join him in Australia his home.
Great Book 5 5 Sep 21, 2015 12:03PM

• With This Click, I Thee Wed (ClickandWed.com #1)
  • Operation: Married by Christmas (Texas Matchmakers Book 6)
  • A Walk Along the Beach
  • Hope Reborn (Texas Romance #3)
  • Mending Fences (The Deacon's Family, #1)
  • Christmas in Silver Bell Falls (Silver Bell Falls, #1)
  • London Tides (MacDonald Family Trilogy, #2)
  • Arena
  • Calming the Storm (Healing Hearts #1)
  • Isabel (Families of Dorset #2)
  • Hurricane Allie
  • A Dangerous Performance
  • Blood Won't Tell (Kate & Kylie #5)
  • Orphan Train Escape (Hearts On The Rails, #1)
  • Wagon Train Baby (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #1)
  • Christmas at the Lakeside Resort (Lakeside Resort #1)
  • Christmas at Rose Hill Farm: An Amish Love Story (Stoney Ridge Seasons, #4)
  • In High Cotton
"I wish I had the time to review books and chat with you here, but my writing deadlines just don't allow it. Please like my Fans of Beth Wiseman Page on Facebook where I try to post any news and interact with readers."
Beth is the best-selling and award winning author of the Daughters of the Promise series - Plain Perfect, Plain Pursuit, Plain Promise, Plain Paradise, and Plain Proposal. She is co

Surf's Up (4 books)
  • Message In A Bottle (Surf's Up)
  • The Shell Collector's Daughter (Surf's Up)
  • Christmas by the Sea (Surf's Up)