Start by marking “Windborn (The Guardian Herd #4)” as Want to Read:
Windborn (The Guardian Herd #4)

Windborn

(The Guardian Herd #4)

It has been many moons since Star received his powers, and in that time, Star and his friends have been through constant struggle.

Now, Star truly has his toughest, most deadly challenge yet. Nightwing the Destroyer has captured all pegasi of Anok, including Stars friends. And when Star learns of Nightwings deadly plan for the captured herd, he knows the time has come to
Published September 20th 2016 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Windborn, please sign up.
Liahona Whittle I don't know because Lightfeather Star's Dam (mom) Was chased out of moutain herd i think i dont know what herd shes from but Petalcloud chased her…moreI don't know because Lightfeather Star's Dam (mom) Was chased out of moutain herd i think i dont know what herd shes from but Petalcloud chased her out (less)
Jennifer Alvarez You can see part of it in the Guardian Herd official book trailer on YouTube. But I'm revealing the full cover tomorrow!! 02/07/16! Keep an eye on the…moreYou can see part of it in the Guardian Herd official book trailer on YouTube. But I'm revealing the full cover tomorrow!! 02/07/16! Keep an eye on the website, theguardianherf.com. (less)

Start your review of Windborn (The Guardian Herd #4)
Jennifer Alvarez
Feb 19, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I can rave about the cover since I didn't draw it. Wow! I love it! The first set of Guardian Herd adventures is complete. Begin at the beginning with STARFIRE.

#1 STARFIRE
#2 STORMBOUND
#3 LANDFALL
#4 WINDBORN
Liahona Whittle
Liana Martin
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. I love the Guardian Herd series! :) Hoping for another book from this series!
Amy
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

I love this book because it touches you with sadness, and when it's happy, overflows you with joy. This is the best book series I've ever read, and absolutely love it! I chose this rating because it is the perfect amount of hope, loyalty, and joy. I am in love with this series!
Lily Lusk
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me feel so many emotions, anger, fear, sadness, every emotion that the main character was feeling I felt along with him. Chapter after chapter I was on the edge of my seat, wondering what would happen next. The ending was amazing, and I felt some of the relief that the pegasi were feeling at the end. If you have not read this book, go and read it, you will fall in love with the characters, feel what they feel, and at the end you will be so happy that you got to be apart of a ...more
Cheryl
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Horse and fantasy lovers
Loved this book and I really enjoyed the whole premise of the pegasi herds. I haven't read the other books in the series but I still was able to follow and enjoy the book. I do need to go back and read the previous books in the series to get a better understanding of the relationships of the pegasi the different herds. This was a free Goodreads book.
Shelli
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whirlawayka
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazing
Windborn by Jennifer Lynn Alvarez was the long awaited fourth book to the most interesting Pegasus story about herds that I have ever read. It even trumps The Escape (Horses of the Dawn #1) by Kathryn Lasky. Which is a story simular to it.
Trisha Swan
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tricia D
Allie Reese
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nightwing took all of the pegasi from the trap while Star was busey healing larksong after Frostfire's mother hurt Larksong to distract Star so that they could get all the pegasi. when Star got back he immediately knew it was the work of Nightwing because there was burnt grass from the silver starfire that Nightwing uses. after looking around to see if there were any pagasi left he bumped into Frostfire and ended up making a deal with him that they would together look for both Star's friends and ...more
Rainflight
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The final book in this series is nearly indescribable. The few words that can even come close to telling how great it is are these.
Tragic (in a good way). Adventurous. Exciting. Exhilarating. Dramatic (again, in a good way). Irresistible. Incredible. Remarkable. Beautiful. Emotional. Awesome. Breath-taking. Awe-inspiring. Magnificent. Stunning. Impressive. Marvelous. Jaw-dropping. Mind-blowing.

Unforgettable.

I guess that wasn't really a 'few' words. My point is, it's really great and you should
Rachel
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: want-to-own
Sydney Scrogham
I am a big fan of The Guardian Herd series. The characters will linger with me long after I've finished reading. However, this fourth book was very different for me compared to the other three. The plot wasn't as sharp, and I felt like I was reading just for the final few chapters, which were amazing and tied up the loose ends from book #3. You'll still want to read this one to find out what happens to Star and his friends.
Twyla
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trixie
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this final installment in the guardian herd series is amazing and I think that its definitely my favorite in the series. The one thing I didnt like is that there were some questions unanswered and I would love a small book explaining what happened to the herd. ...more
Sharon Moade
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book two star

Yes I liked this book. I recommend it to everyone. It kept my interest. It was very moving. It wasnt gushy. I felt this story took me in and brought me where they went. I enjoyed this book and the first book.
Gillie
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals
I can't believe that I didn't know that this book was the last in a fantastic series! Otherwise,I wouldn't have read it first!
Gerri Leen
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
A satisfying ending to the saga.
Lauren
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really suspenseful and interesting
S Reeb
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great ending to a great series
Adrian
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the best way the author could've wrapped up the series. This book had so many surprises in it that it was amazing. You wouldn't want to put down the book while in the middle of reading it.
Wynee Igel
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book #4 in the Guardian Herd series, the last book. The author has kept up with the twists and turns in the plotline. No disappointments here.
Kaila
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I havent read the others but I won this one and i loved it.. i will also let my kids read it as well which is a plus especially since most the books i read they cant read with me lol i loved it :D
Sriya Mudumba
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing adventure filled story!
Bridget
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG SOOO GOOD
Denise
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book series and I'm soooo happy for Star :). It does suck that he no longer has the starfire in him but at least he finally gets to be a normal pegasus. What I didn't like is how Brackentail is in love with Morningleaf. I hope that Star and Morningleaf get to be together and possibly have a beautiful foal. I really hope that Jennifer Lynn Alvarez creates another book where Star and Morningleaf get to fall in love and not Morningleaf and Brackentail.
kindle duckingoose
Nov 21, 2019
Maryam
Jul 19, 2017

• Pegasus and the Origins of Olympus (Pegasus, #4)
  • Pegasus and the Fight for Olympus (Pegasus, #2)
  • Pegasus and the Rise of the Titans (Pegasus #5)
  • The Flame of Olympus  (Pegasus, #1)
  • The Taken (Foxcraft, #1)
  • The End of Olympus (Pegasus #6)
  • Pegasus and the New Olympians (Pegasus, #3)
  • The Poison Jungle (Wings of Fire, #13)
  • Lost Stars (Warriors: The Broken Code, #1)
  • The Elders (Foxcraft, #2)
  • Prisoners (Wings of Fire: Winglets #1)
  • Mapleshade's Vengeance (Warriors Novellas, #7)
  • The Mage (Foxcraft, #3)
  • The Silent Thaw (Warriors: The Broken Code, #2)
  • The Hive Queen (Wings of Fire, #12)
  • Squirrelflight's Hope (Warriors Super Edition, #12)
  • Assassin (Wings of Fire: Winglets, #2)
  • Darkness of Dragons (Wings of Fire #10)
Author of RIDERS OF THE REALM, THE GUARDIAN HERD, and THE PET WASHER series. I draw on my lifelong love of animals when writing my books.

Praise for The Guardian Herd Series
Chock-full of adventure and twists, making it difficult to put down. School Library Journal

Filled with fantastical action, and rich with description. A well-paced and engrossing story. Alvarez has created a series that will be

The Guardian Herd (4 books)
  • Starfire (The Guardian Herd, #1)
  • Stormbound (The Guardian Herd, #2)
  • Landfall (The Guardian Herd #3)

News & Interviews