Start by marking “The Traitor of Belltroll (The Balance Keepers, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Traitor of Belltroll (The Balance Keepers, #3)

The Traitor of Belltroll

(The Balance Keepers #3)

Albert and his Balance Keepers teammates have been called back to the Core for immediate action! There’s a serious Imbalance in the fantastical underground Realm of Belltroll, and without intervention everything from New York to Yellowstone above could be swallowed by earthquakes. It’s clear the mysterious traitor who caused last term’s chaos is at it again, and with a ven ...more
Published September 20th 2016 by Katherine Tegen Books

Lindsay Cummings
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
What's the point of being an author if you can't rate your own books 5 stars?
Kayla
*NOTE: This is a review of the entire trilogy.*

I'd heard great things about Lindsay Cumming's The Murder Complex duology. I hadn't heard many things about her Balance Keepers trilogy, but I had been wanting to read a lot of middle grade fantasy books lately, so I figured I'd try it before The Murder Complex. I ended up loving it. In fact, I loved it so much that I read the entire trilogy in two days, which is no easy feat considering the size of the books.

I loved everything about The Balance Kee
Sean
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
finished this in two days. absolutely amazing. i am going to miss this series and these characters;(
Michelle
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016

This review may contain spoilers.

Really wanted to cry when I realized this was the last book in the series. I love this series and I love these kids. Balance Keepers keep the world above, well, balanced. We three realms to protect, Alberts team is on the top of the list. They have saved the world twice so far but things get a little out of head when someone is trying to destroy the last realm...the realm that pretty much hold the other two realms together. If this realm falls the earth will

Stacey Lebel
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
THESE COVERS, I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT

Update: this has been read. I can happily confirm that these books got even better as they progressed.
AND I NEED MORE.

(Also, side note; am I the only one that totally started shipping Albert and Hoyt since about halfway through POP? Yeah? Okay. That's nice).
Decent end to the series, though when Albert's age was mentioned again, I did a double-take. I forgot the characters are only 12! Definitely a fun and adventure-filled series for fantasy fans.

Thanks to the publisher for a digital advance reader's copy, provided via Edelweiss.
Sarena Nanua
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5* Read this in 2 days and loved the conclusion to the trilogy. This is probably my favourite of the three, though I do wish we could've spent more time in the new Realm of Belltroll!
Marlana
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, read-in-2017
First book I've read of 2017.

I enjoyed the series and ultimately enjoyed the conclusion of the Balance Keepers. Would read more from this author in the future.
Daniel  wong
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very good book I recommend
david y biblioflick
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fast read and a good conclusion to a well-written series.
Hannah Belyea
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
With a traitor continuing to cause imbalance in the three realms of the Core, Albert and his friends, along with an apparently reformed Hoyt, travel into Belltroll to try and stop the end of the world, get the upper hand on the enemy, and finally figure out just who could possibly be trying to destroy the world! Cummings brings this exciting trilogy to a fantastic close with all the heart, wit and action fans have come to love. With time running out faster than ever, team Hydra will need to pick ...more
Victoria
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SO GOOD~! This entire series was freaking fantastic (as expected from an amazing author), but this one had to be my favourite. All of the characters truly had a chance to shine and grow in their own and magical way. I loved the reveal of the traitor and just everything in this book was great.

Amazing job Lindsay!
Joshua
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
The first two were better. Lindsay, I don't know what you were planning to achieve with that plot twist, but trust me when I say it didn't work. (At least for me.)
Lisa
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I haven't read through the book yet, I put it in our church library where it was checked right out and the adventure was enjoyed by our reader.
Christina
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Balance Keepers trilogy by Lindsay Cummings comes to an end with The Traitor of Belltroll. This book takes place shortly after the second book in the series, when the realm Belltroll is thrown into imbalance by a mysterious traitor threatening to end the Core and life on Earth as a whole. Albert, Leroy, and Birdie rush back to the Core to try and stop the imbalance before it's too late. I think this book is a solid conclusion to the series, and I'm sad to see the story come to an end.

The st
Mrs.Heather Lassley
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a great end to the series! Students are going to be flying through it!
Kevin Lau
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

After reading this book and "The Death Code" (The final book of Lindsay Cummings's YA series), I've come to the conclusion that this author is exceptionally good at writing... well... conclusions.

Whereas the first two books of this trilogy follow the same formula as it develops the characters, plot, and world, this final installment throws that formula out the window. Instead what we get is a story that isn't afraid to put these characters in edge-of-your-seat situations, with lots of f
Trista
This was the final book in The Balance Keepers trilogy, and like the first two, it was packed with a lot of action, great moments of friendship between the main three characters, tension, mystery, and fun. I've really been enjoying this middle grade series and am sad to see it end. This one picked up not long after the second book ended and Albert, Birdie, and Leroy found themselves being called back to the Core again, this time for a problem in the third realm, Belltroll.

The first two books wer
Becky B
Albert, Birdie, and Leroy are called back to the Core when someone sabotages Belltroll and starts the worst imbalance the world has faced yet. Can they figure out what is causing the imbalance in time to save Belltroll? And can they work with Hoyt after what he did last time? And just who is the traitor causing these imbalances? Albert knows the imbalance is a trap to get his Master Tile, but that doesn't mean he can ignore the call to save the world. It's up to these four Balance Keepers to sav ...more
Sreevanth
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Worthwhile Read

The book had a very intriguing story about Albert Flynn's fight against the traitor trying to destroy the Core. Lindsay Cummings did an amazing job in describing his emotions, feelings, and thoughts throughout the book.
Booklover
Aug 24, 2017
Joshua Lewis
Jun 13, 2019
ag123456
rated it did not like it
May 31, 2018
Sophie Zamora
Oct 21, 2016
Michael Minkove
Dec 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• My Little Pony: Friends Forever, Volume 1
  • The Magic Mistake (Oh My Godmother, #2)
  • Fork-Tongue Charmers (The Luck Uglies, #2)
  • Charis: Journey to Pandora's Jar
  • Cleo (Cleo #1)
  • The Secret of Dreadwillow Carse
  • Ravenous (Monstrous, #2)
  • A Tail of Camelot  (Mice of the Round Table, #1)
  • Oliver and the Seawigs
  • Suitcase of Stars (Enchanted Emporium, #1; La Bottega Battibaleno, #1)
  • Eden's Wish (Eden of the Lamp, #1)
  • Ennara and the Fallen Druid (Ennara, #1)
  • A Nearer Moon
  • The League of Unexceptional Children (The League of Unexceptional Children, #1)
  • Almost Super (Almost Super, #1)
  • Paths & Portals (Secret Coders, #2)
  • Dead Boy
  • Stolen Magic (A Tale of Two Castles, #2)
Lindsay Cummings is the #1 NYT Bestselling co-author of ZENITH, along with her duology, THE MURDER COMPLEX from Greenwillow Books/HarperCollins, and the MG trilogy THE BALANCE KEEPERS, from Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins. She is represented by Pete Knapp at Park Literary in NYC.

Lindsay deals with chronic fatigue, writes full time from her home in the deep woods in North Texas, and loves to ch

The Balance Keepers (3 books)
  • The Fires of Calderon (The Balance Keepers, #1)
  • The Pillars of Ponderay (The Balance Keepers, #2)