Start by marking “The Great Pursuit (Eurona Duology, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Great Pursuit (Eurona Duology, #2)

The Great Pursuit

(Eurona Duology #2)

Lochlanach has traded the great beast for something far more terrible, a Lashed enemy veiled in beauty, deception, and a vengeance passed down through generations: Rozaria Rocato. And she’s offering the hunter Paxton Seabolt power and acceptance he could never receive in his homeland. Pax must decide how far he’s willing to go under her tutelage, knowing she is the opponen ...more
Published March 7th 2017 by HarperTeen

Wendy Higgins
Dec 28, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Great Pursuit is the 2nd and final book in the Eurona duology.
I'm deep into my last big revision on this book, and it's definitely the most intricate story I've ever written. My heart was with Aerity, Wyneth, and Vixie the entire time. Aerity even made me have a surprise bawling session.
I wil forever be grateful to this story world and its characters for pushing me to try new things and test my limits as an author.
Ahmed  Ejaz
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: full-lengths, 2017
So it has ended. I had guessed what the end would be. It wasn't a big deal. I think it was pretty clear. And everybody would have. The very thing which shocked me the way of ending. That was the thing I wasn't expecting.

The Great Pursuit was an average read. At least little better than The Great Hunt, first book in Eurona Duology. This was also my first read of the series of two books. I am sadly saying this series couldn't work for me as the way I expected.

OVERVIEW
We know from the first b
Alyssa
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-releases
This book won't disappoint overall, but there were key things that made me a little mad. I wasn't won over by a happy ending - parts of this book's story infuriated me and a happy ending wasn't going to pacify those feelings. -_-

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

The Great Pursuit by Wendy Higgins
Book Two of the Eurona duology
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: March 7, 2017
Rating: 3 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

In The Great Pursuit, the dramatic
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
The Great Pursuit was a fabulous conclusion filled with action, adventure, love and political intrigue. Deceit, lies, betrayal, hope, sacrifice, love, and friendship were splashed across the pages and I fell madly in love with this duology. My favorite things by far were -

✮ Everlasting Love -
“What will happen to us, Pax?” she whispered.
A deep sense of desperation to grasp their time together rose within her. This could be it. This could be their last moment alone together.
He held her tighte
Kayla Ritenour (In Between The pages)
description

Ok so I need to start this thing off by saying a huge thank you to John over at AFK books and of course Wendy Higgins for getting this ARC out to me.
Both of you are absolutely amazing and I can't thank you enough.

Ok so just so everyone is aware... I am totally a Wendy Higgins fangirl hehe
I think I've read all her books but UNKNOWN (Just haven't had the time with the ARC's that needed to be read)
But every book I've read from her has been amazing, and I have to say I just adore Wendy as a person,
Katie Gallagher
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Read this review and others on my blog!

This was a book I’d been looking forward to reading for a while. After my near total abstention from fantasy last year, as well as my recent read-through of the more serious The Bird and the Nightingale, I was ready for a fluffier fantasy read, which The Great Pursuit promised to be. Come to find out when I picked the book up that this series is not a trilogy, but a duology! I just about could have kissed the cover. God knows I’ve started enough series, nev
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
My heart is so full with happiness! This was the perfect finale! Wendy has done it again! I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!
Martina Boone
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book! It's perfect. It's enthralling, intricate, delicious, heart-pounding, and beautiful. It's a breath-taking conclusion to the Eurona Duology, and I just wish there were more books coming. That's my only complaint. I don't want to leave this world!
Nathalie*
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I love this series.. I found myself always holding my breath for what was to come. I only found a couple of chapters slow. The only thing I wish it had more of was the connection between the 2 .. I needed more love more relationship more cat and mouse. I find the ending needed more, what about wyns happily ever after and her younger sister ?? More books to come?
Jen
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic ending! Fans of The Great Hunt will NOT be disappointed. Full review to come.
Christina
You can find my full review of this title here on The Book Hookup.

*Disclaimer: An e-copy of this title was provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. However, that did not influence this review in any way. All thoughts, quotes, and opinions will be of this version and not of the published edition.

Actual rating of 3.5 stars! I still loved all the characters–main, secondary, good, and evil–just as I did in the first. I liked trying to figure out what side of the fe
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.5/5

Review to come!
Merphy Napier
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-stars, fantasy
This was an excellent conclusion. This story simply makes me smile. I love the characters, the world, the twists... it's just so much of what I want!

it was slow in the middle and I ended up putting it down for a bit but every time I picked it back up I was just living for the story.

I see why so many people don't love it as much as me but I can't help it. it's just so perfect for me. :)
Avy  (Book Looney) ❄️
I might or might not be sobbing right now.
Alex
OMG! HOW DID I FORGET TO REVIEW THIS!! REVIEW TO COME!! UNTIL THEN! BUY! THIS! BOOK!!
Joanna
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is 4.5 STARS!!! I've always loved Paxton Seabolt and Aerity Lochson's story ever since the first book.
description

With this one, it's all about the act on doing something that you stand for. Being brave is not enough, you have to believe in yourself and be at one with the people that depends on you. Hoping for someone to love you back is not enough, you have to be able to try to express it to them.

Thoughts:

"Perhaps not everyone is meant to be with the one they love."
- Sometimes it's easy to
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: november-2018
4.5 Stars

I really don't want to say other than I loved it. It was the perfect conclusion, everything wrapped up perfectly, I teared up, I laughed, I cheered and ever swooned at some parts. If you've not read this duology, do it now, because it's amazing. Really, as simple as that, it's great.
Livia

Release Date: 03-07-17
Publisher: Harper Audio
Writing style: Third person omniscient POV
Audiobook reading/loan period: May 26 – 31, 2017
Dual format read – Yes or No?: No, this was strictly an audiobook read this time since I have yet to collect the e-book for my personal collection.

•**•
Steam and Romance levels:

It was a bit on the lower steam spectrum and more on the PG-13 side
Beth  (YA Books Central)
WENDY! I am so completely and utterly obsessed with your writing!!! The Great Pursuit was A M A Z I N G!!!! If you have not added this to your TBR list...DO IT NOW!!!!!
Full review to come.......
Minx
This book was full of action from start to stop. It also had political intrigue, romance, strong friendships and lots of killing. The main focus of this story was on the lashed uprising that was threatening the local kingdoms.

Rozaria is the leader of the lashed that are fighting against the current rulers. The lashed have been persecuted for just being alive and I can not blame Rozaria for wanting better for her people. Her methods were just barbaric and cruel. She was a great villain because yo
Alison Beechner
OMG I LOVED IT. Pretty much everything about it. It was even more intense than The Great Hunt. I love how it followed so many of the characters because with the multi-POVs I feel so much more deeply involved with all the characters and the details it brings to a story that you can't have with a single POV. Move this duology to the top of your TBR pile.

"Perhaps," Wyneth said. She and Vixie sat on either side of her. "But there will be times, like today, when you need to make a decision from you
Kelsie
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
i'm so glad i got an ARC of this book. it was perfect in every way. it had me on the edge of my seat for the last 100 pages or so. i couldn't put it down. i would love for a spin off of this series just to learn more about all of the different kingdoms in this book. and i love Furball.
Andrea
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, 2019-read
3.5/5

This was a good conclusion to the duology. I felt like Aerity grew so much in this book, especially compared to the last book. The main thing that was a detracting element was the length of this book. There were several times it felt so long and like it would never end.

In the beginning, there is a small plot line about a second beast. It was really weird, because it ended so quickly when in the first book, the whole plot was focused on hunting and capturing a similar beast.

I also felt li
Jordan Finch
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, ya
'Meh' is really how I feel about The Great Pursuit.

The story picks up right after the final events of The Great Hunt, with Rozaria's demands for the kingdoms causing panic and pushing everyone to their limits. There's a lot of initial chaos that gives way to a rather plodding plot, and while there are some well-written moments, the story is mostly forgettable and repetitive.

The only two aspects that I really liked were the sibling/cousin relationships--again, Aerity, Wyneth, and Vixie are so sup
Shelley
*Source* Edelweiss/Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*My Thoughts*

The Great Pursuit is the sequel to The Great Hunt, and the final novel in the Eurona Duology. To get through this story, you need to know that Higgins has chosen to tell her story through Multiple POV's. If you've read The Great Hunt, then none of the characters are new to you. Princess Verity Lochson has given up her happy ever ending in order to marry the person who killed the first great beast that terrorized h
Rebecca
3.5 STARS

This was a decent read, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one. The romances were all over the place and one felt forced. I adored the relationships between Aerity, Vixie, and Wyneth and would liked to have seen more about them as a group. I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from reading this duology, but it isn't a favorite either.
Rainy Day Reads
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fun read. This book definitely felt different than the first book. It graduated. More issues on personal morals where to draw the line with what you are willing to do for a cause. STREAMY MOMENTS.

The ending was perfect, and felt rather Disney with all the loose ends happily tied up.
Rose
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes!! This book and this series was like riding a roller coaster. Up and down and thru the twists but oh such a thrilling ride. I love it!

Tiffany
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: high-fantasy, magic
That ending....

-`ˏgingerˎ´˗
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
review coming soon! I'm sorry that some of my others haven't been up yet, I'm trying!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jun 29, 2016 09:19AM

• Clanless (Nameless, #2)
  • Thorne (The Chronicles of Kaya, #2)
  • Ride the Wind (Flipped Fairy Tale #3)
  • Paige in Progress (Reluctant Hearts, #3)
  • Hannah Both Ways
  • Greta and the Lost Army (Mylena Chronicles, #3)
  • Avenged (Ruined, #2)
  • The Bound (Ascension, #2)
  • The Wish Granter
  • The Beast (The Hunter Legends, #1)
  • First Command (Tides #0.5)
  • Honesty (Mark of Nexus, #3)
  • Gabriel's Watch (The Scrapman Trilogy, #1)
  • Cashmere (Velvet, #2)
  • The Dragon's Price (Transference, #1)
  • Banished (Forbidden, #2)
  • Ruled (Outlaws, #3)
  • Degrees of Wrong
Wendy Higgins is the USA Today and NY Times bestselling author of the SWEET EVIL series from HarperTeen, the high fantasy duology THE GREAT HUNT, her independently published Irish Fantasy SEE ME, and her indie NA science fiction UNKNOWN trilogy.
After earning a Creative Writing degree from George Mason University and a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from Radford, Wendy taught high school Eng

Eurona Duology (2 books)
  • The Great Hunt (Eurona Duology, #1)