Start by marking “Remembering Phoenix” as Want to Read:
Remembering Phoenix

Remembering Phoenix

4.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  91 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Life gives, and life takes away.
Charlie McGee knows all too well just how much truth that statement holds.
She was drowning, wasting away from guilt and sadness.
But when she meets Slayter Beck, he becomes the only calm in her ever-present storm.
He's her light in the darkness. An angel in the midst of her demons.
All she wants to do is remember, and when the weight of that bu
Published March 14th 2016

Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
DNF @ 50%

photo hide_zpsxjufjs4q.gif

First off...this cover is beautiful! I love it!!
This story I have to admit, started off really good for me but it slowed way down and I was completely bored. My mind is wired for complete darkness and destruction.

This book is more about self reflection and recovery of a broken heart and soul. I am not taking anything away from the devastation and heartache of this book and I really hope Charlie and Slayter have their HEA, but it just left me skimming and that is a huge NO NO for me.
Giovanna Bovenzi Cruz
Mar 06, 2016 Giovanna Bovenzi Cruz rated it it was amazing
It's 3:23 am and I'm literally in tears. Ugly crying is an understatement. This book is greatness! I read Always, and it was great too, but this, just wow!! I love reading books by new authors, and seeing how much they grow with each book! This was a giant leap!! I literally had a cry stuck in the back of my throat most of the book, here and there some tears would fall, then, I couldn't hold it in anymore. Literally bawling my eyes out. Depression is an asshole! I love so much how it was turned ...more
Ashley
Mar 02, 2016 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: topreads2016
I'm a mess....a complete mess of tears and swollen eyes. This beautiful, heartbreaking, amazing book has kept me glued to my kindle for 2 days. Randa's ability to draw me into the story and keep me captivated while feeling like im sitting in the room watching it all play out live is outstanding.
The pain that Charlie is experiencing is heartbreaking. But when beautiful, loving alpha Slayter makes his way into her life, oh it was exactly what she needed.
I cannot put into words how proud I am of
Kelly
Mar 16, 2016 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Review to come
Nikki
Mar 15, 2016 Nikki rated it liked it
First book by this author, the beginning was really good and I was surprised because lately I have not been feeling the books this year.

Then the lead female got so whiney out of nowhere, I love an attitude when done right, and this wasn't.
Not a bad book at all just not my thing I guess.

P.S amazing cover!!!!
Melissa
Mar 01, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing story of struggle heartbreak what a journey. Charlie is broken she's not really living she's just there going through the motions. Slayter has his struggles as well. One bar and fate can change everything, but will Charlie allow it? She so lost . "Being broken has no rule book" this was such an amazing and beautiful journey. This is a must read . Everyone needs to read his story .
Joy
Mar 11, 2016 Joy rated it it was amazing
I love a book full of feels. THIS story though, left me breathless. There are so many layers of pain. Both Charlie and Slayter together have a lot of hurt. Slayter has started moving on but Charlie is navigating losses so devastating that her heart is having a difficult time continuing to beat. These characters are so likable that you hate to see their pain. But you know in the end it will all be worth it!

I love the growth that was apparent in Randa Lynn's writing. The story she puts together wi
anonymous.
Mar 20, 2016 anonymous. rated it it was amazing
I've struggled to write a review because how can you share your thoughts when all you feel is ... Everything. This book is NOT for the weak, it will tear you apart, it will make you see life as it really is.... Unfair.

I know what it's like to see a woman mourn over there child.. It's a wound that doesn't heal with time even if people say so... Time doesn't can't heal a hole in your heart that no one can ever replace not even another child.

Charlie a person who broke my heart with her story beca
CJ at Book Happiness
Mar 22, 2016 CJ at Book Happiness rated it really liked it
A lot of “feels” with this one, just so many layers that add up to a great read.
Booked  Every Night
Mar 14, 2016 Booked Every Night rated it it was amazing
“But I want to be the person that makes you see you’re not nothing-you’re everything.”
~ Slayter

Let me start of my review with saying…I am so scared that this won’t do the book justice. If I could give it more than 5 Stars I absolutely would. I have started this review many times and just couldn’t find the right words and would delete them and start over again.

This book brought out so many feelings for me. There less than a handful of books that have made me cry and Remembering Phoenix was just
Melanie
Mar 15, 2016 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is that this book is beautifully heartbreaking and left me breathless.
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
Sigh, Remembering Phoenix, wow. What a beautiful, heartfelt story. I related so much to the heroine in this book, Charlie. The struggle of depression, not letting the dark envelop you. At some point we've all had days where our outlook is abysmal.

Depression can be very tough subject matter to write about, and even read about. I applaud Randa Lynn for writing this book. Not only was this book extremely emotional, it was sexy and beautiful. I'm trying not to give too in depth of a review as to avo
Ebbie ~Author Groupies
Mar 13, 2016 Ebbie ~Author Groupies rated it it was amazing

Remembering Phoenix was a phenomenal novel. This is the story of Charlie and her quest to remember Phoenix. I don’t want to say too much and spoil this heart wrenching story but it had me bawling like a baby for most of the book. Just when I thought the worst was over more heartache was in store for Charlie. How much can one person endure before they break?

Charlie had sworn off getting close to anyone ever again. Her motto was they would just leave you in the end. So she built up walls to prote
C.L. Rosado
Mar 16, 2016 C.L. Rosado rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He loved all her broken

Everyone struggles with their own demons. Remembering Phoenix, Is a story of loss capable of bringing the strongest of persons to their breaking point. Charlie is broken without hope of ever picking up the pieces. Slayter Beck is just cocky enough, bold enough and patient enough to collect every piece and put her back together... If she will just let him in.
I loved Remembering Phoenix and will recommend it to friends. I teared up a few times so if you're a sap(I don't cr
Natasha
Mar 16, 2016 Natasha rated it really liked it
I received a ARC in exchange for a honest review.
4* read.
I'm a complete mess of tears and puffy eyes after this read. A story of heartache and struggles this was a complete raw yet beautiful read. Not your typical love story and thats what i loved about it.
Charlie is so broken and shes more just existing then actually living. Slayter, well he was hot and my new book boyfriend. A alpha with a sweet side, my favourite kind. I read this book none stop till i'd finished it and i can't wait for more
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
Remembering Phoenix is Randa Lynn’s second novel and I can say that I definitely saw the growth of this author in this book.

I was in tears so many times throughout this book it was unreal. Charlie’s pain is so real, so true, and so heartbreaking. Randa tackled depression in a way that cannot be explained in review. I was so unbelievably honored to have been given the chance to read this book early and so incredibly proud of Randa and this book.

I can’t give much away in here because you need to r
Jillian
Mar 14, 2016 Jillian rated it it was amazing
Oh this story! You will take the emotional ride that will cleanse you and make you whole. When Charlie wakes up from a life changing event and remembers nobody in her life, what is missing? There is a missing piece of her soul and she doesn't know why.
Her conquering hero is quite the unlikely man who she thought could help her on her journey. I can't tell anymore without spoiling it!
Read this story, you won't be sorry. Cleanse your soul like I did!
Pini78
Mar 19, 2016 Pini78 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I love Randa Lynn. She has a way with words. I set high expectations for this book as I loved her first book "Always". This book met my expectations and then some. It was so amazing.

I knew a little from the synopsis but there was so much more involved with this book.

The journey Charlie finds herself in after losing her memory is heartbreaking. Enter Slayter who is this amazing, caring man who tries to break into Charlie's hard exterior.

This b
Lauren
Mar 21, 2016 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Tears! Lots of tears! This book had me a blubbering mess but it was oh so worth it. I'm quite simply speechless (very rare for me!) so I apologise for this very short review. All I will say is that you NEED to read this book.
5 stars does not do it justice!
Simply uplifting and heartbreakingly beautiful.
R A Mathai
Mar 21, 2016 R A Mathai rated it it was amazing
Shelves: march-2016
This is Randa Lynn's second novel.I remember reading her first novel "Always'.It was an okay read.I never thought I would want to read another novel by Randa.But reading Remembering Phoenix has changed that opinion of mine.It is that good.She has written it really well.Her growth as a writer is phenomenal.Can't wait for her next novel!
Jan 31, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to read this in advance for Randa. All I can say is that if you loved Always, you will absolutely fall in the love with this book. She has outdone herself. If you haven't added this one to your list, please make sure you do. You will not be disappointed. Full review to follow.
Susan Rayner
Feb 01, 2016 Susan Rayner rated it it was amazing
This book is beyond AMAZING!! The characters grab you from the very beginning. It's not your typical love story and your heart will break for them both. I love Slayter! He's the sweetest alpha ever. Make sure you have your tissues ready but it's so worth it!
JLC
Mar 14, 2016 JLC marked it as dnf-2016
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Mar 17, 2016 Becca Stanfield Vernon rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!!! I am in awe of this story. It was a great read, but be ready to cry. U will shed lots of tears, but just amazing read!! Can't wait to see what Randa's next book it.
Melanie Helms
Mar 14, 2016 Melanie Helms rated it it was amazing
Charlie has had life knock her down a few times but the worse is when she trying to remember Phoenix. It makes her sad that she can't remember anything about him. So she does whatever she can to make it through life. She meets Slayter who has always got her, no matter what. He helps her feel again.

This book tugged at my heart strings!!!! Loved it! Will be read much more from this author! She knocked it out of the park. You don't want to miss this book!! buy this baby as soon as it releases
Melissa Parnell
Mar 07, 2016 Melissa Parnell rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I am still reeling from this story. It was so amazing and beautiful and it makes you feel every emotion you read. I started this story around midnight and did not put it down! I read this in hours. It had me pulled in from the beginning and did not let up. I cannot even begin to tell you everything I felt reading this story. I loved every moment of it. It is an amazing story that I highly recommend to anyone looking for something new to read.
Lucy Taylor
Mar 16, 2016 Lucy Taylor rated it it was amazing
This was a completely beautiful story and not at all what you might expect if you have read Randa's first book (not related to this at all!!).

Charlie McGee is one of my favourite heroines I have read in a book. Despite all she has been through, all the loss, She sassy and brave and incredibly strong.

Slayter Beck is completely swoon-worthy and despite is own baggage, if perfect for Charlie.

The issues they both deal with separately and together are hard and heart-breaking as grief often is and tha
Emmbooks
Mar 02, 2016 Emmbooks rated it it was amazing
Just finished this and I am a mess. a bit fat crying mess of a person. Such a beautiful but heartbreaking story. Randa has done an absolutley fantastic job with this. 5 stars are nowhere near enough for this one
Andee. Anderson
Mar 31, 2016 Andee. Anderson rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite lines of Charlie's is: I no longer drown in the waters I walk on them. Charlie's struggle with depression, after a very life changing event, hit way to close to home. I felt her pain as I read about her struggles with trying to accept what life had thrown into her lap. I absolutely loved Slayter. His total love and acceptance of Charlie and her demons. This book is an awesome testament to those who struggle on a daily basis with depression. Thanks for writing this Ms Randa. Yo ...more
French Press Bookworm Blog
Oh man this book! Being a mama myself it brought so many emotions and feelings that I just couldn't even explain how beautifully sad and wonderful this book was. Imagine losing everything in one tragic event! And then losing your memory of everything you love and hold dear. Can you even imagine that kind of pain!

This book portrays the emotions that someone would feel and go through and how even in a the midst of a wonderful and exciting new love it still isn't enough to come back to the light.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Companion
  • Dangerous Flames (Mafia Hearts, #1)
  • The Dangerous Seduction
  • Cut Hand
  • Delicious (Delicious #1)
  • The Enchanted (Faerie Tale #1)
  • Completely Wrecked
  • Spitfire (Puffin Cove, #1)
  • The Blue Amaryllis
  • Vaempires: Revolution (The Evolutionary War #1)
  • For Life
  • Make It Right (Nightshade MC #1)
  • The Witch and the Warrior (Warriors, #2)
  • Balancing Karma
  • Caught in the Middle
  • Calling Me Back (Calling Me, #1)
  • Red
  • Being Their Baby
Randa Lynn is an avid reader and lover of all things romance. She has sketched stories since she could write, and decided to finally pursue her dream in crafting real words from fictional lives.
She lives in Louisiana with her husband, five children, two dogs, and obese cat. In her spare time, she loves to watch her favorite movies, find recipes—that she’ll never cook—on Pinterest, and find GIF’s t
More about Randa Lynn...

“To anyone who has ever felt like they were free-falling, with no savior in sight. We all have wings, some of us just have to dig deep and find them. And when you do, you’ll soar...” 0 likes