Start by marking “Kraujas ant parašiuto diržų: oro desantininko trisdešimt penki mėnesiai Vietname” as Want to Read:

Šiuose įspūdinguose atsiminimuose Vietnamo karas atsiskleidžia iš trejopos perspektyvos: mat per trejus savo karinės tarnybos Vietname metus autorius buvo oro desantininkas, katerio kulkosvaidininkas ir reindžeris. Savo akimis įsitikinęs klaidinga ir nevaisinga amerikiečių taktika naršyti po džiungles dideliais daliniais nuolat netenkant kovos draugų, autorius, norėdamas i ...more
Published 2012 by Vox Altera (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Kraujas ant parašiuto diržų, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kraujas ant parašiuto diržų

Dubysa
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perskaičiau "Kraują ant parašiuto diržų" (Vietnamo karas iš arti desantininko žvilgsniu). Aibė gyvenimiškų purvino karo momentų, karininkų nemokšiškas vadovavimas, nuo širdies iškeikti nuolat užsikirtinėdavę M16, labai išgirti reindžerių reidai, kuriuose autorius irgi dalyvavo. Knygą ėmiau iš Antakalnio bibliotekos, kažkuris iš ankstesnių ją skaičiusių, keistuolis, stropiai pieštukų pabraukęs visas knygos vietas, kur bent kiek neigiamai atsiliepta apie moteris...;)
Man tuo tarpu labiausiai įsimin
Steve
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author served in Vietnam as a paratrooper with the elite 173rd Airborne and spent months in the jungles in the Central Highlands, From there he transferred to the elite Ranger unit going behind enemy lines. This book describes the true horror of war and the type of men it takes to do these dangerous missions.
Vetri
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First half of the book was really slow but the rest was fast paced. His time in lrrp was some interesting to read but it was a very small portion of the book. Can't but pick up this guy hates women in the armed forced more than he hates REMF
Indika Guruge
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

I liked the story since it is a true story. The way the author had discussed the experience was great.
James Chally
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books ever written on Vietnam, period.
Timothy
partially read.
Joe R,
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent account of soldier who served in an airborne unit, a riverine unit and finally a ranger unit. Easy to read and realistic descriptions of combat and off times.
Mindaugas
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book about Vietnam war.
I love it.
Sarah Bradbury
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've just finished this and although it took me 3 months to read this wasn't because it's not worth reading. In fact it's more than worth spending your money on. The reason it took so long is because I go so angry in places I had to put the book down and walk away from it. Not angry with 'Lepp' but with the way he (and all the other 'grunts' and every day men (boys)) were treated and dealt with. His honesty with regards to mistakes made and the situations the men (boys) were put in made my blood ...more
Brandon
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writing is basic which makes for quick reading.

The stories are unbelievable and will make you think long and hard about war. Our military is broken --- with officers leading from the rear with little to no combat experience. How many military veterans are currently serving in Congress ?

On a side note, I can't find any information on the author. Is he still alive? Has he ever given interviews? Did he write under a pen name? Is the book fiction? Private message me if you have any additional i
J.L. Day
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to J.L. by: Randy Shytles
MAN, THIS IS AS REAL AS IT GETS! It is a GREAT read, but there is nothing poetic or poignant, it is stark and brutal reality of what the fighting men went through to secure our FREEDOM from enemies when our government sent them into the fray, whether or not they agreed with the politics, they fought for the guy beside them, not for some politician that didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. They fought for their buddies, and all too often they died for them, too.

GOD bless the American
Guillermo Galvan
This book was bad ass! The way Leppelman told his story of being in Vietnam made me feel like I was there with him. One thing I admired about Leppelman was that he offered a perspective on being a grunt that most writers tend to overlook, such as how their machine guns were pron to jam and thus cost many American soldiers their lives.

A first hand account of someone who was there. I'm surprised they haven't made a movie out of this book.
De
May 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any war history buff
I've read a good handful of books dealing with experiences in Vietnam, and this book has to be my favorite.

What makes this book unique is that the author wasn't just an infantryman, or a Ranger, he was a paratrooper in a fire brigade, then a crewman on a PT boat, and then a Long Range Reconnaisance Patrolman. So you get experiences from three different areas all in one book.
Vicky Mount
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding!!!

Just a great book from start to finish. Well written and the writer puts you in his shoes. A great look into our fighting men and the heroes that were forgotten by an ungrateful nation.
Feb 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone with even the slightest interest in military life
Recommended to Jennifer by: Jon
I don't generally go for the military genre, but this is an amazing journey through the Vietnam War. It's shoot from the hip, in your face, Airborne All The Way! Dirty, bloody, painful and touching. You feel like a bad ass just reading it.
Paul Bedard
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great and easy read, what a story!!
Sterling Morris
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
must read- VIetnam War Heroes
Elijus Kniežauskas
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Penkios žąsis, labai tikroviškai, lyg ir mažai beletristikos, jokių Biblijos studijų. Labai įtraukianti knyga, per du kartus pabaigiau, bučiau per viena pabaigęs, bet reikejo eiti miegoti.
Michael
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Learned a lot about the Vietnam War and this guy seen a lot of crazy stuff and lived!
Stephen
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memiors, vietnam
An amazing book. Very similar to "Life and Death on the Central Highlands".
Nancy Sanford
Aug 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vietnam History buffs
This book is very enlightening and a must read for Vietnam War history buffs.
Pete Shrock
  • Acceptable Loss: An Infantry Soldier's Perspective
  • Dead Center: A Marine Sniper's Two-Year Odyssey in the Vietnam War
  • Ripcord: Screaming Eagles Under Siege, Vietnam 1970
  • Low Level Hell: A Scout Pilot In The Big Red One
  • Days of Valor: An Inside Account of the Bloodiet Six Months of the Vietnam War
  • Black April: The Fall of South Vietnam, 1973-75
  • To the Limit: An Air Cav Huey Pilot in Vietnam
  • The Killing Zone: My Life in the Vietnam War
  • The Eyes of the Eagle: F Company LRPs in Vietnam, 1968
  • Da Nang Diary: A Forward Air Controller's Gunsight View of Flying with SOG
  • A Better War: The Unexamined Victories and Final Tragedy of America's Last Years in Vietnam
  • Blackhorse Riders: A Desperate Last Stand, an Extraordinary Rescue Mission, and the Vietnam Battle America Forgot
  • Five Years To Freedom