Start by marking “Rush of Insanity” as Want to Read:
Rush of Insanity

Rush of Insanity

She won’t go down without a fight…and he’s looking forward to it.

ebook
Published February 7th 2017 by Eden Summers

To ask other readers questions about Rush of Insanity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rush of Insanity

Start your review of Rush of Insanity
☽•☾-Ari
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
3 yada yada yada stars

This book was a short novella, and my first time with Summers. Now I have some very mixed feelings about it, mostly because it was the kind of book that I would generally love, but had characters that make me generally hate them.

Allow me to explain-

1. Harper is kind of an indecisive jerk.
2. Jude was the prince charming who accepted EVERYTHING! I don't think I like such saintly characters very much.
3. He called her "princess". EVERYTIME. Like eh.. no no no man. That just sou
Kira Simion
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The first line of the blurb pulled me in. This was an enjoyable read. I underestimated it because it was only 200 pages approximately on my kindle.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"She was his restoration and his destruction."

I'm a big fan of the author's rockstar series, Reckless Beat. So while it was very appreciated, using #CoverLust to draw me in wasn't necessary. However; it was a very nice mental image to have while reading about the explosive passion that erupts between Judd & Harper whenever they are in the same zip code.

Rush of Insanity is a short read, but it packs a punch that will leave you satisfied for a long time afterwards as you bask in th
Sophia
I had a time a few years back when I was devouring rocker romances, but then that tapered off, but I was left with fond memories and the occasional craving for more band life, music and spcy hot romancing. I had always wanted to try this author's work so when a reading challenge had me searching for a rocker romance, I thought now was the time.

Rush of Insanity is a quick, hot standalone second chance romance for a lead singer who gave a woman space the first time when she upped and ran with no e
Shayna
~*~ 3.5 STARS ~*~

Whenever I'm craving a rock star romance read, one of the authors I think of is Eden Summers. I'm a HUGE fan of her Reckless Beat series and she always turns me to putty with her amazing heroes and sassy heroines. When I saw that she was releasing another rock star romance, I was extremely giddy. Although, RUSH OF INSANITY didn't hit the high notes like her others, I still enjoyed the read. It was quick, sexy, and blush-worthy to say the least. The only thing that distracted me
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Eden Summers is one of my top favorite authors. She has a colorful way with words that always – always – pull at my heartstrings. Her stories are always emotional and raw and with multi-layered characters you cannot help but fall in love with. RUSH OF INSANITY is no different. It has all of these treats – plus, it’s a second chance romance featuring one hot rock star. Just… yum!

But I have to say … I couldn’t really understand Harper why she walked away in the first place. Clearly, what she had w
Tamara

Judd is a laid back music star, and Harper was the "crazy-bitch" stylist employed by him to help him on a tour. They start an intense and all consuming relationship based purely on sex and good times alone, or do they? Their story picks up 15 months later, Harper and Judd have since separated and Judd finally has an opportunity to get Harper alone and find out why she walked away without a word.

"I don't want to lose you again, Harper" he murmured against her skin. "Don't let me
Renee
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

A year ago Harper left world famous solo artist Judd Hart. Their worlds were miles apart so no matter how much she cared from him all they really shared was lust and the ability to drive each other nuts. Now though she finds herself questioning her sanity because she is at his concert drooling over the sound of his delicious voice after spending months convincing herself they could never work.

Judd though knows that letting Harper w
⚜️Trea
This is more of a 2.5 star read that I am rounding up to 3 stars. The entire book felt very rushed, and it felt like it was starting in the middle of the story! I didn't get why Harper kept calling herself crazy, and why she was so insecure in the first place! Judd was a bit of a dichotomy, but I hated how much he kept calling Harper "Princess". The entire conflict between them was just stupid, as it all could have been resolved if they had been actual adults and communicated with one another! W ...more
Ria Lize
A short and sweet read. I liked the beginning and the build-up, and I really felt the emotional connection between Harper and Judd. I was a bit disappointed with the resolution though, I found it a bit lacking. :(
Mar
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it
2.75/3 stars

this book was so meh.
I usually enjoy E. Summers books but this was... just no.
Jody
Feb 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Readers who enjoy rock star romances will find a bit of afternoon delight in this fast-paced read full of self-doubts and misunderstandings. The theme of reunited lovers takes center stage as a couple wages a war of emotions and inner struggles when coming face to face with one another after one of them walked away without a word. It leads to an evening of steamy interludes and enlightening truths that will frustrate readers at times while leaving them cheering for HEA.

Judd loves creating and pl
Sandy S
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date February 1, 2016

She won’t go down without a fight…and he’s looking forward to it.

Harper left the world famous solo artist, Judd Hart, over a year ago. No matter how much she cared for him, their worlds were miles apart. All they shared was great sex and the ability to drive each other crazy. So why is she at his concert, drooling over the sound of his delicious voice, when she’s spent months convincing herself they can never work?

Letting Harper walk out on him was th
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC receive from author for an honest review

Rock star ☑
Second chance ☑
Eden Summers ☑

I LOVED Ms Summers Reckless Beat series, so a new novella with a new rock star - be still my beating heart!

Rush Of Insanity is just that - a quick, sexy read that will leave you wanting more.

Harper left rock star Judd a little over a year ago, never giving him any reasons. Now he's back in town and will do anything to get her back.

And oh what lengths he goes to to get her back.

If you love someone, set them free.
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
I generously received an ARC from Tasty Book Tours in exchange for an honest review...

I want to start off by saying how much I love and I mean LOVE this beautiful cover. When I came across this book I was instantly attracted towards it because of this extraordinary cover. Since this is technically a re-release I decided to take a look at the old cover for the early addition and I have to say if I had seen that cover (it's not bad, just doesn'
Donna Sweeney
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kindly provided with an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review.......

Woo wee what a "Rush" !!

This is Judd and Harper's story. Judd is a musician and Harper was his assistant. Harper ended their relationship after she felt all they had was wild passion but there was too much insecurities getting in the way. After she walks, Harper realises that what they shared was so much more......but that ship has sailed........or has it ?

Judd given the opportunity to have Harper back in his life
Spunky N Sassy
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Harper walked away from Rock Star Judd Hart and everything that his life entailed. It didn't mean that her heart left with her. Their relationship was hot and crazy. He brought a different side of her, but would he wouldn't like the sides he never saw. So when her best friend Nicole talks her into going to his concert she goes but hides. He still finds her. Judd is determined to find out why she left him. The craziness really star
Bella
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
2 Stars

This was an all around disappointment.

I was bummed this was only a novella, when I assumed it was full length. I think it might have worked well as a full length story because things would have been less rushed, and more of the characters history could have been explored, therefore I might have actually cared for them.

Harper seemed to be lacking any great feeling toward Judd, and he seemed to crave little more than her spiteful mouth and her sex. Neither of them fought for one another
Renee Entress
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star

The story has laughs, suspense and heartbreak. I was pulled right into this short story.

This is Harper and Judd’s story. Harper and Judd were together but one day Harper just walked away. When Judd is back in her town he calls her out during a concert. He just needs a chance to win her back and find out why she left him in the first place. Harper thinks she turns into a different person around Judd and she does not like that person. Can these two figure out what they can do to Harper th
Amy
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
A hot little number!!

Another lunch time quickie! But totally worth it!

Harper and Judd were a couple, a couple that burned for each other. But the flame was doused due to communication and insecurities, chalk it up to age and lack of experience. This time Judd is back and is steadfast on getting and keeping his girl! Can he get Harper and keep her? Will she allow Judd back into her heart?

I love Harper. She is witty, crazy, and insecure. She's every girl out there. Judd still loves Harper and isn
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
I LOVE Eden's rock star romances!

This one was set up beautifully, and to me, the scenario never gets old; the rock god who never got over the woman he truly loved.

While the feelings between Harper and Judd were incredibly intense, I had kind of a hard time with their personalities. They were both a little too stuck in their own ways and doing the "I'm going to keep my true feelings a secret" thing. Although I did like the story, I did get kinda frustrated at times.

But, aside from that, I loved t
She Hearts Books
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Harper and Judd's story is one about a second chance to get things right. Judd knows that he should have fought harder for her and he is more than willing to fight for her heart now. Taking her away to get that point across is exactly what he does. Harper needs to see what she means to him. I enjoyed their story.

I give Rush of Insanity 4 hearts!
Erzabet Bishop
This book was hot from word go in typical Eden Summers fashion. I couldn't get enough of the sparks between Judd and Harper. Nice. Edgy and full of conflict, this story was a tinderbox of heat.

5/5
Kym
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Quick, short and intense! Harper is clearly insecure about who she is, trying to live up to an image she cultivated when she was with Judd before, thinking that's what had attracted him to her. She feels her real personality is miles apart from what he sees in her and fears his rejection.

Judd has no idea why Harper walked out on him over a year ago and can't believe she did. He's not been the same since. He wants her back in his life.

I think what struck me most about this story was how neither
A. H.
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The man was a hypnotist...who could manipulate the mind and body with a flash...surviving without him was like conquering a craving for soda, chocolate, or coffee..." Just one of the memorable thoughts by the main character Harper when she is dragged to her ex-boyfriend's concert by her best friend. Eden Summers' vivid descriptions just lure you in and won't let you go. The story is super fun and interesting. This isn't really a "rock star" story about that type of lifestyle, but more of a ...a ...more
Kathy Aronoff
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Let me start by saying I love Eden Summers and her Reckless Beat Rock series in one of my favorites. That being said, while I liked the premise of this story, there wasn't enough of it. Harper was a stylist for solo artist Judd and when he got flirty with her, she got snarky with him, this sealed the deal for Judd and Harper's sexual relationship during that tour. Harper, for reasons I still don't understand, kept saying that she would leave him after the tour, Judd thought she was being her sna ...more
Marci
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun, quick read! Eden Summers has written another rocker romance. If you’ve read her Reckless Beat series, you know her rockers are HOT! Rush of Insanity is a bit different than Reckless Beat but still a good read, with bit of angst and a lot of chemistry.

Rush of Insanity is a second chance romance between Harper and Judd. Judd is a music star, but while he loves the music, he doesn't care for the parties and fame. Harper loves Judd but feels like she is never truly herself around him. Th
Kylee
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rush of Insanity is a short read but leaves you with that rush of exhilaration that you get when you attend a rock concert. Judd and Harper have the chemistry and connection that only happens once in a lifetime but when the rush that person brings you scares you to the point you are going insane, is it time to walk away for once and for all. Their story is a second chance romance and one that is full of angst and drama. When Judd finds the girl that is his home who walked away from him with no e ...more
Katrina B
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Rush of Insanity is the story of Harper and Jude. Jude is a rock star who falls in love with his stylist, Harper. She loves him as well, but abruptly leaves him without an explanation. This is the first book I have read by Eden Summers. It was pretty good, but too short for me. The couple had great chemistry. The book was written well. Jude was sweet, sexy and very devoted to Harper. I didn't really care for Harper's character as much. She was kind of annoying and indecisive. I thought the way s ...more
Michelle Simpson
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it

I'm a huge fan of Eden Summers and love getting my hand on a new book of her HOT Rock Star Romances, Eden's books are full of brilliant humor, very, very hot men who are generally brought to their knees by a strong woman, and hoards of passion and hot sex scenes.

Rush of Insanity has you gripped from the start, my expectations were definitely met ! Harper and Judd clearly have a past, Harper tries to convince herself its a past she has walked away from, Judd is determined that the past is going
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Paper, Scissors, Rock (Rock Games, #1)
  • Interview with the Rock Star
  • Times Like These (Blue is the Color, #1)
  • Gone for You (Sixth Street Bands, #1)
  • Dirty Like Zane (Dirty, #6)
  • Hating the Rock Star (Rock Hard #1)
  • Missing from Me (Sixth Street Bands, #3)
  • Fractured Beat (Meltdown #1)
  • Spark (The Crow Brothers, #1)
  • Detour
  • Shattered Rhythm  (Meltdown #3)
  • Dirty Like Brody (Dirty, #2)
  • Rock Star
  • Dirty Like Dylan (Dirty #4)
  • As Long As You Hate Me
  • Dirty Like Seth (Dirty, #3)
  • Hot Mess (Players #1)
  • Kade
Eden Summers is a bestselling author of contemporary romance with a side of sizzle and sarcasm. Best known for the Reckless Beat series, Inarticulate, and the Vault.

Visit Eden on AMAZON

Connect with Eden on FACEBOOK

Visit Eden on BOOKBUB

Join Eden's Reader Group on Facebook

Sign up for Eden's newsletter for the latest book news and receive an exclusive download of DIRTY STRATEGY .