Start by marking “No One Dies in the Garden of Syn (The Garden of Syn, #1)” as Want to Read:
No One Dies in the Garden of Syn (The Garden of Syn, #1)

No One Dies in the Garden of Syn

(The Garden of Syn #1)

Synthia (Syn) Wade is a teenage girl who struggles with cystic fibrosis, an incurable life-threatening disease. One day she is pushed into a pond by an unseen figure and wakes up in a new world – a mysterious garden where illness and death don’t exist.

Welcomed by the garden’s residents and now free of her symptoms, Syn decides to stay. But, before long, she realizes that
Published April 26th 2016 by Chewed Pencil Press

To ask other readers questions about No One Dies in the Garden of Syn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No One Dies in the Garden of Syn

Start your review of No One Dies in the Garden of Syn (The Garden of Syn, #1)
Anna at A Wondrous Bookshelf
Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is a very serious and somehow personal topic for me. My beloved cousin died at the age of 24 of this incurable disease, and I remember her struggles from diagnosis until her death. When I was offered this title, I jumped right away at the opportunity to read and review this book. I felt that the premise of the book was great, and I was really curious about how the author was going to develop this story. I have to say that I was quite disappointed with this book.

The Novel sta
Kristen Burns
4 Stars

Full Review:
*I received a free ecopy of this book from YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.*

As excited as I was for this book, it had the potential to go very wrong for me. I don't handle vague mysteriousness very well. If someone is trying to solve a mystery and just doesn't have all the clues yet, that's one thing. But when unexplained paranormal things start happening and everyone is just vague for no discernible reason, I usually feel like throwing my book across the
Kelly
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This was definitely a breath of fresh air! It is sort of unique and is different. There are twists and turns at every corner of this story! Hold on as it promises to be a fun ride of a new series!

Syn has cystic fibrosis. The story caught my attention because of it. My daughter’s good friend growing up has CF, so I was intrigued by it! Synthia (Syn) was five years old when her parents disappeared. Now she lives with her aunt. Knowing that she will not likely live a long life she seems to keep her
Georgi_Lvs_Books
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I picked "No one dies in the garden of syn" due to having Cystic Fibrosis myself and I'm always intrigued to read stories about it.

This was a pleasant surprise.

I love what the author did here, very intriguing and many twists.

Syn works everyday to survive... Taking endless pills and constant treatments. You see her struggle on a daily basis with the never ending coughing and breathlessness.... Certainly not fun to deal with but that's CF!

Suddenly Syn ends up in this other place, it's exactly
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
If you are looking for something original then look no further! The story line comes to life right in front of your very eyes and the characters are beautiful. An inspiring and emotional read that people of all ages will love.

description
Véronique
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, read-in-2019
3,5 STARS

Not really knowing what to expect of this book, I have to say I am very intrigued. It’s a story like I’ve never read before. It’s well written and easy to follow. And when Syn enters the Garden of mystery and the residents seem to be holding secrets, I was sucked into this world and dying to find out more about it. The actual plot was quite interesting, although it wasn’t really my taste. I won’t tell you exactly what it is, just that these type of sci-fi plots aren’t really for me, but
Erika (The Nocturnal Fey)
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
EDIT: 04/26/2016

Read full review at The Nocturnal Fey

*I received a review copy for the Blog Tour. It didn't, in any way, affect my review*

No One Dies in The Garden of Syn was an intriguing, mysterious and very light read that every Young Adult and fantasy readers will surely love.

The story revolves around Syn, a young lady stricken with cystic fibrosis who was unexpectedly transported in an out of this world dimension which is very much alike but very different at the same time, on her real wor
Kristyn - Reading to Unwind
Syn is a teenage girl who is struggling with cystic fibrosis (CF), which is a disease that affects the lungs. Syn has a routine that she must complete each morning just to be able to make it through the day. Every day of her life is a struggle due to a non-curable disease. The doctors have told her she would most likely only live into her twenties. I think the idea of knowing how much time you have left has really affected Syn as a person. She doesn’t want to get close to many people. Syn lives ...more
Alicia
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
**** "No One Dies in the Garden of Syn" by Michael Seidelman

A mystical and magical story with twists and turns that keep the reader engaged and on their toes.

Syn has cystic fibrosis. She knows that she has a terminal illness, but is relatively accepting of that. What she has had trouble accepting since she was a young girl is why her parents mysteriously disappeared, where are they, and what happened?

While sitting in her garden as the edge of the pond, Syn is pushed into the water. Soon she fin
Robert Stock
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Started reading in the evening - didn't want to stop. Going to bed late I picked it back up in the morning and finished it off to learn what was amiss in the Garden of Syn. Lots of fun!
Brandy Mulder
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow is about all I can say about all the different sides to this story. It's a science fiction involving multiple realities, and cause and effect. Syn ends up in a small garden that has it's own version of reality. As the truth starts to come out, so do the monsters. Not all of which look like monsters. This story really makes you wonder how well you really know your family, and friends. Even though Syn has CF she's a fighter, and it really makes the story gripping as you wonder if she's going t ...more
Bambi Sommers
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantasy at it’s best!

This is like Alice in a very dark Wonderland. The author’s imagination is vivid taking you along on a twisted ride. Entertaining and wondrously imaginative, I highly recommend it.
Alexis Drake
Mar 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, english-books
fibrosi cistica, una patologia grave ma non così "pubblicizzata". Con tutto il rispetto per chi è affetto da una qualsiasi di queste patologie, è chiaro.
No one dies ci parla di Synthia, detta Syn, malata appunto di fibrosi cistica. Ci viene spiegato come lei reagisce alla malattia, quale cure deve affrontare ogni giorno e quali effetti ha sulla sua vita.
Non può correre, non può nemmeno piangere, altrimenti i suoi polmoni si riempiono di liquido e lei non riesce più a respirare.
Ma un giorno, dopo
Amanda Marie
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really interesting read. I was not expecting that ending. Wow!

My Review:

No One Dies in the Garden of Syn was a rather intriguing story. Synthia (Syn) has cystic fibrosis (CF), a terminal illness. When she was just a child, her parents disappeared. She has always wanted to know that happened to them and now she might finally have a chance.

Sitting at the edge of the pond in her garden, Syn finds herself pushed into the water. When she awakens, she isn’t in her garden anymore. The Garden, a garden
Recipe Fairy
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a unique book! This intriguing book is like an alternative trip into a Wonderland with alternate realities and a lot of twists! The storyline is absolutely original and creative, the dialogue was perfect and the characters are complex with palpable emotions! I was absolutely gripped by this story from the very beginning and was along for the ride the whole way! There are absolutely no boring parts- in fact there's quite a few twist and gets more intriguing as the book goes on! I absolutely ...more
Betty Bii
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A gripping story!

This was a truly great read. The protagonist is a young girl with a terminal condition who stumbles into an alternate reality. What happens after that is a fascinating tale of Syn discovering everything she has dreamed of, or so she thought. Each reveal brought new hope while paired with new apprehension about what might follow. Through the story, Syn not only discovers more about her background but she also matures into a braver version of herself with internal struggles and vu
Anisa
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG THIS book

There are so many unexpected twists that I'm constantly searching hints. This book is super intriguing and I finished both books within a day and honestly I cant expect any more from a YA book, the science factor added a spice to the whole story ( how can you resist a story talking about parallel worlds ?) There are some creatures yet the vivid descriptions help you imagine them clearly.

and there is not a single page of breath and boredom , it does not feel dragged on at all!

there a
Kim
Mar 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't bad. It was an easy read, which sometimes you need. I don't think I'd ever read a book that had a character dealing with CF, so that's really neat. It has a really interesting premise that I assume will be fleshed out even more in the following two books. I do wish there was more time for some character development. Everyone in the Garden was so nice. Almost unbelievably nice, and they seemed to accept Syn's arrival just fine. That's all well and good, but without conflict, it can ge ...more
Pamela
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmmm...

I'm not sure about this. On one hand, the story is intriguing, and I love the world the author has created.
On the other hand, there is something about this book that bugs me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. It's maybe a certain naivety that slightly irritated me throughout.
Still, it's not bad, and on the whole, I enjoyed it and kept reading.
Brooke Tallent
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beautifully imaginative. Easy and enjoyable read.
Bill Arnott
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great adventure by author Michael Seidelman - fast paced, engaging, and creative - a thoroughly enjoyable book.
A.M. MSW
Sep 27, 2016 rated it liked it
The concept of No One Dies in the Garden of Syn is utterly intriguing, but the extensive descriptions in this novel make the writing slow to read. I had a hard time getting through this novel, but I am confident that if the narrative style were changed and many descriptions were deleted this novel would be successful.

The concept of living without illness is always something that is on our minds as humans. Illness is one thing that can change the way that people live, and by creating a place with
Amanda
May 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as a Giveaway from Good Reads and was really excited when I read what it was about. There are not many good fantasy YA novels that center around young adults with illnesses, especially not CF. I have a very good friend with CF and so I think I am slightly more aware of the issues and struggles that people with CF face (though admittedly, not nearly as familiar as someone who has it - don't want to sound like a martyr here).

This all said, "No One Dies in the Garden of Syn" w
Gesselle Velez-payamps
FULL REVIEW

-Received the book via mail sent by the author (Thank You Again)

The Book 'NO ONE DIES IN THE GARDEN OF SYN' (Book One of The Garden of Syn trilogy) surrounds the life of a teenager named Syn short for (Synthia) who suffers from a disease named cystic fibrosis which is a bad disease that creates mucus and gives the person trouble with breathing. Her parents disappeared at a very young age with her disease following up to her and with the wish of possibly knowing what happened to he
Leticia
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this eBook from the Author in exchange for an honest review.
Please visit me at Shh, I am Reading for more reviews and featured authors!

From the premise of this novel, I was looking forward to reading this. It seemed really quite interesting, a parallel world where people could exist without pain or sickness. I am sure there are terminally ill and permanently ill people out there who have dreamed of worlds like this.

However, I did have an issue with the pace of the story. It tended to
Jackie
May 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. It was an ok read but I was expecting more...depth? Or something, I feel like the book only scratched the surface of the world the author created. Possibly its because there was a lot of telling instead of showing.

But I still enjoyed it, the plot twists were nice, and I enjoyed the world the author created. Just wished there was more meat to the story.
Lauren
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was quite a mystery. I didn't know what would happen, and found the ending twists and turns very satisfying. Give it a read!
KittyKat
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A rollercoaster ride. Syn is battling cystic fibrosis as she drops down the rabbit hole. Enjoyable.
Michael
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Perhaps I’m biased as the author but I think I came up with something special here and I look forward to sharing it with the world!
Hayley
Mar 18, 2017

• A Better Man (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #15)
  • Five Feet Apart
  • Blue Gold
  • Bunheads
  • Love, Life, and Lucille
  • Elizabeth I
  • Midnight Train to Prague
  • The Patient
  • The Pinebox Vendetta
  • Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell, #1)
  • The Summer Guest
  • Circle of Friends
  • Nights of Rain and Stars
  • The Secret Of Eveline House
  • Yellow Crocus
  • Lady of the Eternal City (The Empress of Rome, #4)
  • Does She Think of Me: A Birth Mother's Journey to Forgiveness
  • Sanctus (Sancti Trilogy #1)
When Michael Seidelman was growing up, his passions were reading, watching movies, enjoying nature and creative writing. Not much has changed since then.

Working in Online Marketing for over ten years, Michael felt it was time to pursue his passion and began writing The Garden of Syn trilogy.

Michael is excited about the upcoming release of the third and final book in The Garden of Syn series and b

The Garden of Syn (3 books)
  • Everyone Dies in the Garden of Syn
  • Too Young to Die in the Garden of Syn (The Garden of Syn, #3)