Start by marking “The Law of Attraction” as Want to Read:
The Law of Attraction

The Law of Attraction

When a professional relationship turns personal, it’s impossible to resist the law of attraction.

Alec Rowland is a high-flying lawyer in a London firm whose career is his life. He doesn’t have time for relationships and his sexuality is a closely guarded secret. After picking up a cute guy on a Friday night, Alec’s world is rocked to its foundations when his one night stand
Published February 5th 2016 by Jaybird Press

To ask other readers questions about The Law of Attraction, please sign up.

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Two men, both lawyers, both confident, sexy, and smart.

But that's where the similarities end.

Ed is just starting his law career, while Alec is a senior associate hoping to make partner. Ed is out and proud of who he is; Alec has been hiding in the closet his entire life. Ed is funny and charming, Alec more intense and serious. Ed's family is supportive, Alec's formal and distant.

One night of passion.

Alec's one-night stand from Friday night turns up on Monday morning. Ed is the new temp hired to assist Alec on a corporate hoteldistant.
One
Judith
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*** 4.5 STARS ***

Lovely M/M story.
Alec is a lawyer,in his thirties and is gay but definitely not out.He's so far in the closet that he's never had a relationship before,preferring hook ups only on his terms.

Ed is in his twenties,an up and coming lawyer,and is out and proud with a loving supportive family.

So,one night,Alec is looking for a hook up when he sees Ed.
Ed is not normally one for one night stands but there's something about
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

Once again Jay Northcote delivered an enjoyable read that will warm your heart and make you smile and swoon. This time she did it with a sexy and sweet office romance, low in angst and drama written in dual POV.

Alec is in his thirties, he’s a successful lawyer, a senior associate who’s hoping to make partner. He is gay, but he’s in the closet. He
Gigi

This really was a lovely story. It ended sweet and romantic and the sex was extra spicy. But I did have to knock it a half star for Alec's douche-baggy actions in the first have of the book. He was such a shit to sweet Ed from the get-go. But he did manage to win my over. How he won Ed over is the work of fiction.

The book ended a little too perfect for my tastes. I would have enjoyed more tears and comfort, but this is a solid hot, warm fuzzy read that I can recommend to my G
Jay Northcote
Dec 27, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
My lawyer story. AKA a blatant excuse to write about men in suits ^_^
Ele

Office romances are my weakness. I 've been waiting for a good MM office romance for ages. I wanted it and I wanted it bad. No, I craved it with my whole being. I even wrote a prompt, for this year's DRitC event.

Jay Northcote, you didn't know it at the time, but you wrote this story for me. ME!

This was everything I expected and wanted to see in an office romance:

One night stand that turns out to be the boss. Check!
Said boss acts like a douchebag , but has a wounded heart.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Solid 4 Stars!

Jay is pretty much a 4 star author for me. I always like her books, but they never have that "thing" to make it a 5 star read.

But I can always count on them to be good, relatively low angst and full of some good steam.

This one was no exception. And we have the added element of the office romance, which was a definite plus.

I liked both MCs overall, Alec was a bit of a dick in the beginning. Ed was perfect throughout the whole book.

It was a bit of insta-love IMO.

The
.Lili.
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo image.jpg1_zpsilddh50g.jpg

Jay Northcote’s books and I have a topsy turvy relationship. I’ve either loved them, or they’ve just fallen under the it was “just ok” category. To be fair though her books have gotten better and I can tell that her writing has grown. It was clearly evident in this book just how much it has. I adored this book. She delivered an excellent office romance.

My highlights:

*The main characters. I don’t even know where to start. Alec, who at first comesclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
My
Wendy
I really enjoyed this sexy little book.

Alex is in his thirties, he is a senior lawyer, firmly hiding in the closet. Ed is in his twenties, he a temp at a lawfirm, he's outgoing and he's out and proud. Alex's family is rich and douchy, while Ed's family is loving and accepting.

These two men meet in a bar and have a very steamy one night stand. There is an instant connection, that Alex tries to ignore, because he doesn't want a relationship, and he doesn't want to be out...does he? So
Rag
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

After a very stressful week I decided I wanted to read something short and sweet. You know, a down low book. I found just that in this book. It was a really sweet, sexy, and yes down low m/m book. It fitted just my search description. While it was sweet and sexy it still had angst but not too much to the point of insanity.

So this book is about hard working Alec. He's one of those workaholic yet sexy in a suit guys. Alec is gay but he's definitely not opened.

So when he goes to a gay bar to pick up a fli
Lyndy Ann ♫
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was in the mood to read some M/M and this was the winner, this was my first time reading Jay Northcote and it was an absolute pleasure I loved The Law of Attraction, there is nothing I love more than a good workplace romance and this did not disappoint, I will definitely be reading more from this author in the future.

Alec Rowland is so far in the closet he's nearly in Narnia, he is a lawyer and a workaholic and when he feels like company he picks up a stranger for a one night stand. One Friday night he p
SheReadsALot
Before Reading: What the fuck is this?

I'm going to fucking read the FUCK out of this MOTHERFUCKER!

That is a lot of fucks, huh? Seems I have some to give. ;P

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

After Reading: 4.25 Hearts

Office romance and an 'ice man' melts, it's what sold me into purchasing this.

Oh and the added bonus of Matthew Lloyd Davies purring in my ear. He's by far one of my favorite narrators and he didn't disappoint me in The Law of Attraction.

Northcote wrote a solid love story featuring Alec, an icy, closeted upper class lawyer who hides so much it makes him bitter and standoffish. A hookup from a club turned out;P
After
Eva
Lawyers...two hot lawyers! Sign me up right now!

Ingie
Review written April 2, 2016

3.4 Stars - Lovely and sweet, this made me ahwww-smile

photo image.jpg2_zpstgdlfo3z.jpg

Nice and enjoying for the moment. Jay Northcote delivers perfect light & fluffy M/M when you just need to be entertained and want some hot steam added with grand romantic HEA love.

*********************************************

Quickly done men in ties & suits...

The London lawyer Alec Rowland is shocked when his (secret) Friday one night stand shows up in the office on Monday morning. So is Ed*********************************************
Quickly2016
3.4
Barbara
LOVE IT !!

Jewel
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Law of Attraction was a hot and enjoyable office romance. I'm not sure what took me so long to read this one, but I'm glad I finally did.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

I really need those damn half stars Goodreads!!

This was a really enjoyable read, with some great steam and two endearing leading men. Alec and Ed hooked me right from the beginning. Let me just say that their introduction was kindle-melting hot!

Though I sympathized for Alec, he flipped his switch a little too quickly for my liking. Maybe he just wanted to pull off the band-aid...but, unfortunately, there was too much sugar under there for my tastes. Especially with how snarky he was in t
Renée

Jay Northcote! Just lay one right on you!

I've been reading this author for a while. Hee writes a lot of shorts, and they've ranged from good to meh. But I noticed that the longer ones......well, the longer ones definitely had more stars from me. So when a FULL LENGTH novel story was coming out? I'm all over that. And this was the best that Northcote has written to date, people!

This story starts deliciously when Alec and Ed meet in a bar. Alec is
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's been so rewarding watching Jay Northcote evolve as an author. The first few books I read from him weren't always all that satisfying, but I saw a promise in him that I hoped would become something amazing. That seems to be occurring, as his books are becoming more polished, more emotionally involved, and more satisfying.

Alec and Ed are both lawyers, albeit at different points in their careers. Alec is 32, successful, on the cusp of becoming a partner in his firm, and closeted. Ed is 23, ju
Amanda
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
The blurb may not be something that catch my interest, but I'm always on the lookout for new-to-me m/m authors, and I decided to try Jay Northcote for the first time. Color me surprise that this turn out to be such a great read despite the overdone plot.

Alec is the high flying corporate lawyer on his way to make partner. He had been in the closet since forever and satisfy himself with occasional hook up from the bar. His relationship with his social-elite parents is nothing to shout about.

Ed is the out anplot.
Adam
This book is as much about Alec coming to accept himself as it is about the romance. It would be easy to dislike Alec, given how he treats Ed and the extent he goes in order to keep his secret. But I felt for him. Alec's behaviour was the result of his father's actions, not because he particularly wanted to live in his unhappy closet.

It's the growing love between Alec and Ed which makes Alec yearn for something more out in the open. Ed is the complete opposite of Alec - out and proud, with a loving family
Sheri
I am a proud card-carrying member of the Northcote fan club. Yep, I light up and squeee whenever her name pops up on my screen. Why? Well, I can count on getting the ‘the works’ package from her stories. I know it’ll be hot, sweet, and tender with a bit of tame angst. And these sexy suits fit the bill….supreme satisfaction.

Alec has a carnal craving and sets out to prowl. He doesn’t have time to waste and quickly finds his quarry at his favorite club. His pursuit of the young stranger
Ky
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
The Law of Attraction is a light and happy-all-around office romance story.

It deals with issues like self-realisation and the need to be honest with the world. The are important issues dicussed here but not in a heavy way or in any depth. As I said, this is mainly a light read that makes you feel very very good.

Alec and Ed, the MCs, are both likeable and we get to know them pretty well. The narrative changes between the two so we get both of their thoughts.

I liked the w
Bev

Another super smexy read from Jay. Loved the characters, the unresolved ST while they were at work (until that changed...phew!!), and the ending?? Fabulous. Great job Jay, loved it. 5 stars.

photo SnoopyHearts_zpsdde64b5d.gif
Catherine
*** 4.5 Stars ***

A fantastic office romance! It had the perfect mixture of sweetness, smex, heart, low-grade angst, and absolutely everything you could possibly want in a happily ever after. One of my favourites by Northcote, hands down.
Lelyana
THIS! MAKE MY DAY!

Teaser by Jay Northcote, cover by one and only Garrett Leigh !

I have a weakness for office romances, and I have weakness with green eyes and guys with tie, and office affairs between two men.
And look at 'that gorgeous cover !, I'm sold !
Well, Jay fulfilled my craving for a sweet low angst office romance real good.
The book started with sex between strangers. I usually not very fond of this kind of encounters, but
Meags
4 Stars

I loved it. Of course I loved it.

This is exactly the kind of story I've come to expect from Northcote. I love how I can always depend on him to deliver a great story, featuring light-angst and two sweet men who share scorching hot chemistry. I have yet to be disappointed in any major way by Northcote's stories and I'm drawing a blank on whether I can say that about any other MM author I read on the regular - how impressive is that?!

Spectacular office romance for the win!
BWT (Belen)
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-fiction, 2016
Hot, sexy, sweet, semi-fuzzy read with just enough bite.

I liked Ed, and eventually forgave Alec for his douche-bag actions at the very start. The pacing of the story was nice and fast. Their relationship was at a bit of a breakneck pace, and I'll admit I did roll my eyes over how quickly "I love you" came into play.

While I may have thought it rounded up a little too neatly, it made my romantic heart pitter patter.

In the end, I was happy with the HFN, but couldn't help but w
Melissa
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sale, 100-200
I really enjoyed this sweet and angsty story

I bought this on sale and decided to jump right in because the reviews were so good. I really enjoyed this and thought Ed and Alec were great together. There was a lot of back and forth about should they be a secret couple but it never became too much. I did start skimming the sex scenes because there were so many, but they were very steamy.

I wish there had been an epilogue but we know they found their HEA. I do recommend especially whi
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2016
Damn that was one hot steamy read.
Lovely angst free story. It was hot and heartsqueezing sometimes so out of reach.
They met in a bar went to Alec's apartment. They have a very hot night and after cleaning up in the bathroom and returning to the bedroom to clean up Ed so he can leave, Alec sees that Ed is fast asleep, what the heck he snuggles behind him.
At monday Ed (happily out) starts his new job as lawyer. His boss is..... Alec (so not out)
The sexual tension did it for me..
BR with Friends! Monday 22 february. 13 18 Feb 24, 2016 02:17AM

• First Christmas (Nature of Desire, #7.3)
  • Boss
  • Misfits (Urban Soul, #1)
  • Toy With Me
  • Beneath the Stain - Part Seven
  • The Other Book (Those Other Books, #1)
  • Just Business (Takeover, #2)
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Be My Best Man
  • Spencer Cohen, Book One (Spencer Cohen, #1)
  • Sutphin Boulevard (Five Boroughs, #1)
  • The Shearing Gun
  • Lord of a Thousand Steps (Love in Laguna, #4)
  • Dirty Games
  • Trust with a Chaser (Rainbow Cove, #1)
  • Capture & Surrender (Market Garden #5)
  • The Shop Downstairs
  • The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight, #3)
I don't hang out on Goodreads much, so if you'd like to connect with me then Twitter, Facebook or an email is usually best :) All my contact details are on my website.

Jay lives just outside Bristol in the West of England. He comes from a family of writers, but always used to believe that the gene for fiction writing had passed him by. He spent years only ever writing emails, articles, or website