Start by marking “The Law of Attraction” as Want to Read:
The Law of Attraction

The Law of Attraction

When a professional relationship turns personal, it’s impossible to resist the law of attraction.

Alec Rowland is a high-flying lawyer in a London firm whose career is his life. He doesn’t have time for relationships and his sexuality is a closely guarded secret. After picking up a cute guy on a Friday night, Alec’s world is rocked to its foundations when his one night stan
Published February 5th 2016 by Jaybird Press

To ask other readers questions about The Law of Attraction, please sign up.
Melissa It's on sale at Amazon right now.…moreIt's on sale at Amazon right now.(less)

Start your review of The Law of Attraction
Snjez
Apr 27, 2021 rated it really liked it

This was so unexpectedly heartwarming and sweet. The premise might not sound unique, but the way the story was written is what makes it different and special.

Ed and Alec are wonderful characters, though I might love Ed just a little bit more. He is such a sweet and positive person. What I loved the most about him was how he stood up for himself and never let anything get him down.

Both Ed and Alec have strong personalities and I loved how they were always presented as equals, despite t
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Two men, both lawyers, both confident, sexy, and smart.

But that's where the similarities end.

Ed is just starting his law career, while Alec is a senior associate hoping to make partner. Ed is out and proud of who he is; Alec has been hiding in the closet his entire life. Ed is funny and charming, Alec more intense and serious. Ed's family is supportive, Alec's formal and distant.

One night of passion.

Alec's one-night stand from Friday night turns up on Monday morning. Ed is the new temp hired to
Judith
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*** 4.5 STARS ***

Lovely M/M story.
Alec is a lawyer,in his thirties and is gay but definitely not out.He's so far in the closet that he's never had a relationship before,preferring hook ups only on his terms.

Ed is in his twenties,an up and coming lawyer,and is out and proud with a loving supportive family.

So,one night,Alec is looking for a hook up when he sees Ed.
Ed is not normally one for one night stands but there's something about Alec he can't resist.They have a steamy night together with Ale
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

Once again Jay Northcote delivered an enjoyable read that will warm your heart and make you smile and swoon. This time she did it with a sexy and sweet office romance, low in angst and drama written in dual POV.

Alec is in his thirties, he’s a successful lawyer, a senior associate who’s hoping to make partner. He is gay, but he’s in the closet. He doesn’t like the situation he’s in, he’s lonely, but a certain event in his teens made him believe that is better for everyone if he keeps hi
Gigi

This really was a lovely story. It ended sweet and romantic and the sex was extra spicy. But I did have to knock it a half star for Alec's douche-baggy actions in the first have of the book. He was such a shit to sweet Ed from the get-go. But he did manage to win my over. How he won Ed over is the work of fiction.

The book ended a little too perfect for my tastes. I would have enjoyed more tears and comfort, but this is a solid hot, warm fuzzy read that I can recommend to my GR friends.
Jay Northcote
Dec 27, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
My lawyer story. AKA a blatant excuse to write about men in suits ^_^
Ele

Office romances are my weakness. I 've been waiting for a good MM office romance for ages. I wanted it and I wanted it bad. No, I craved it with my whole being. I even wrote a prompt, for this year's DRitC event.

Jay Northcote, you didn't know it at the time, but you wrote this story for me. ME!

This was everything I expected and wanted to see in an office romance:

One night stand that turns out to be the boss. Check!
Said boss acts like a douchebag , but has a wounded heart. Check!
Sexual tension d
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Solid 4 Stars!

Jay is pretty much a 4 star author for me. I always like her books, but they never have that "thing" to make it a 5 star read.

But I can always count on them to be good, relatively low angst and full of some good steam.

This one was no exception. And we have the added element of the office romance, which was a definite plus.

I liked both MCs overall, Alec was a bit of a dick in the beginning. Ed was perfect throughout the whole book.

It was a bit of insta-love IMO.

The potential fo
.Lili.
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
 photo image.jpg1_zpsilddh50g.jpg

Jay Northcote’s books and I have a topsy turvy relationship. I’ve either loved them, or they’ve just fallen under the it was “just ok” category. To be fair though her books have gotten better and I can tell that her writing has grown. It was clearly evident in this book just how much it has. I adored this book. She delivered an excellent office romance.

My highlights:

*The main characters. I don’t even know where to start. Alec, who at first comes off as cold, was the opposite. Watching (or I shou
Wendys Wycked Words
I really enjoyed this sexy little book.

Alex is in his thirties, he is a senior lawyer, firmly hiding in the closet. Ed is in his twenties, he a temp at a lawfirm, he's outgoing and he's out and proud. Alex's family is rich and douchy, while Ed's family is loving and accepting.

These two men meet in a bar and have a very steamy one night stand. There is an instant connection, that Alex tries to ignore, because he doesn't want a relationship, and he doesn't want to be out...does he? So he pushes E
Mia.Mi.Jou
1st re-read (August 2022)
Still loving it. These two guys are just so precious to me...

*******
Original rating (February 2022):
I'm afraid I can't rate this book objectively. My only rule for rating a book with five stars is that reading it reminds me of exactly why I love to read... And that's precisely what happened here. I loved it. The characters, the story, the humor, the pacing, the sexual tension, the conclusion. A truly wonderful read that I enjoyed immensely.
Raj
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

After a very stressful week I decided I wanted to read something short and sweet. You know, a down low book. I found just that in this book. It was a really sweet, sexy, and yes down low m/m book. It fitted just my search description. While it was sweet and sexy it still had angst but not too much to the point of insanity.

So this book is about hard working Alec. He's one of those workaholic yet sexy in a suit guys. Alec is gay but he's definitely not opened.

So when he goes to a gay bar
Lyndy Ann ♫
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was in the mood to read some M/M and this was the winner, this was my first time reading Jay Northcote and it was an absolute pleasure I loved The Law of Attraction, there is nothing I love more than a good workplace romance and this did not disappoint, I will definitely be reading more from this author in the future.

Alec Rowland is so far in the closet he's nearly in Narnia, he is a lawyer and a workaholic and when he feels like company he picks up a stranger for a one night stand. One Friday
Exina
The Story
The blurb says it all. A one night stand unexpectedly turns out to be a happily ever after.
This wasn’t how it was supposed to go.

The Romance
As most of the time, Northcote starts the story with a sex scene (Love that!). Attraction first, feelings later. I love this structure.

Characters
Deeply closeted, carrier-is-life lawyer meets out-and-proud hottie. Though they are boss and employee, there is a nice balance. They’re equal to each other. Both are strong personalities, they are hones
Eva
Lawyers...two hot lawyers! Sign me up right now!

SheReadsALot
Before Reading: What the fuck is this?

I'm going to fucking read the FUCK out of this MOTHERFUCKER!

That is a lot of fucks, huh? Seems I have some to give. ;P

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

After Reading: 4.25 Hearts

Office romance and an 'ice man' melts, it's what sold me into purchasing this.

Oh and the added bonus of Matthew Lloyd Davies purring in my ear. He's by far one of my favorite narrators and he didn't disappoint me in The Law of Attraction.

Northcote wrote a solid love story featuring Alec, an icy, clos
Ingie
Review written April 2, 2016

3.4 Stars - Lovely and sweet, this made me ahwww-smile

photo image.jpg2_zpstgdlfo3z.jpg

Nice and enjoying for the moment. Jay Northcote delivers perfect light & fluffy M/M when you just need to be entertained and want some hot steam added with grand romantic HEA love.

*********************************************

Quickly done men in ties & suits...

The London lawyer Alec Rowland is shocked when his (secret) Friday one night stand shows up in the office on Monday morning. So is Ed Piper when first ar
Papie
Apr 30, 2021 rated it liked it
Jewel
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Law of Attraction was a hot and enjoyable office romance. I'm not sure what took me so long to read this one, but I'm glad I finally did. ...more
Barbara
LOVE IT !!

Renée

Jay Northcote! Just lay one right on you!

I've been reading this author for a while. Hee writes a lot of shorts, and they've ranged from good to meh. But I noticed that the longer ones......well, the longer ones definitely had more stars from me. So when a FULL LENGTH novel story was coming out? I'm all over that. And this was the best that Northcote has written to date, people!

This story starts deliciously when Alec and Ed meet in a bar. Alec is only there for a hook up. He's brash. He'
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

I really need those damn half stars Goodreads!!

This was a really enjoyable read, with some great steam and two endearing leading men. Alec and Ed hooked me right from the beginning. Let me just say that their introduction was kindle-melting hot!

Though I sympathized for Alec, he flipped his switch a little too quickly for my liking. Maybe he just wanted to pull off the band-aid...but, unfortunately, there was too much sugar under there for my tastes. Especially with how snarky he
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's been so rewarding watching Jay Northcote evolve as an author. The first few books I read from him weren't always all that satisfying, but I saw a promise in him that I hoped would become something amazing. That seems to be occurring, as his books are becoming more polished, more emotionally involved, and more satisfying.

Alec and Ed are both lawyers, albeit at different points in their careers. Alec is 32, successful, on the cusp of becoming a partner in his firm, and closeted. Ed is 23, ju
Sheri
I am a proud card-carrying member of the Northcote fan club. Yep, I light up and squeee whenever her name pops up on my screen. Why? Well, I can count on getting the ‘the works’ package from her stories. I know it’ll be hot, sweet, and tender with a bit of tame angst. And these sexy suits fit the bill….supreme satisfaction.

Alec has a carnal craving and sets out to prowl. He doesn’t have time to waste and quickly finds his quarry at his favorite club. His pursuit of the young stranger is swift an
Amanda
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
The blurb may not be something that catch my interest, but I'm always on the lookout for new-to-me m/m authors, and I decided to try Jay Northcote for the first time. Color me surprise that this turn out to be such a great read despite the overdone plot.

Alec is the high flying corporate lawyer on his way to make partner. He had been in the closet since forever and satisfy himself with occasional hook up from the bar. His relationship with his social-elite parents is nothing to shout about.

Ed is
Adam
This book is as much about Alec coming to accept himself as it is about the romance. It would be easy to dislike Alec, given how he treats Ed and the extent he goes in order to keep his secret. But I felt for him. Alec's behaviour was the result of his father's actions, not because he particularly wanted to live in his unhappy closet.

It's the growing love between Alec and Ed which makes Alec yearn for something more out in the open. Ed is the complete opposite of Alec - out and proud, with a lov
Meags
4 Stars

I loved it. Of course I loved it.

This is exactly the kind of story I've come to expect from Northcote. I love how I can always depend on him to deliver a great story, featuring light-angst and two sweet men who share scorching hot chemistry. I have yet to be disappointed in any major way by Northcote's stories and I'm drawing a blank on whether I can say that about any other MM author I read on the regular - how impressive is that?!

Spectacular office romance for the win!
Ky
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
The Law of Attraction is a light and happy-all-around office romance story.

It deals with issues like self-realisation and the need to be honest with the world. The are important issues dicussed here but not in a heavy way or in any depth. As I said, this is mainly a light read that makes you feel very very good.

Alec and Ed, the MCs, are both likeable and we get to know them pretty well. The narrative changes between the two so we get both of their thoughts.

I liked the work setting and it was nic
Catherine
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
*** 4.5 Stars ***

A fantastic office romance! It had the perfect mixture of sweetness, smex, heart, low-grade angst, and absolutely everything you could possibly want in a happily ever after. One of my favourites by Northcote, hands down.
Lelyana's Reviews
THIS! MAKE MY DAY!

Teaser by Jay Northcote, cover by one and only Garrett Leigh !

I have a weakness for office romances, and I have weakness with green eyes and guys with tie, and office affairs between two men.
And look at 'that gorgeous cover !, I'm sold !
Well, Jay fulfilled my craving for a sweet low angst office romance real good.
The book started with sex between strangers. I usually not very fond of this kind of encounters, but, Jay executed it really well. And the morning after, the walk of s
BR with Friends! Monday 22 february. 13 20 Feb 24, 2016 02:17AM

• Broken
  • Not a Game (Friends, #1)
  • Valor on the Move (Valor, #1)
  • Perfect Imperfections
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Crashing the Net (Crashing, #1)
  • A Temporary Situation (Temporary #1)
  • Switched
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Clarity of Lines (Thomas Elkin, #2)
  • Arrows Through Archer
  • Gravity (Written in the Stars #2)
  • Roommate Arrangement (Divorced Men's Club, #1)
  • Elements of Retrofit (Thomas Elkin, #1)
  • The Other Book (Those Other Books, #1)
  • Five Dares
  • If The Seas Catch Fire
  • The Backup Boyfriend (The Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
I don't hang out on Goodreads much, so if you'd like to connect with me then Twitter, Facebook or an email is usually best :) All my contact details are on my website.

Jay lives just outside Bristol in the West of England. He comes from a family of writers, but always used to believe that the gene for fiction writing had passed him by. He spent years only ever writing emails, articles, or website c