Start by marking “Sparing the Heart (Pastime Pursuits #3)” as Want to Read:
Sparing the Heart (Pastime Pursuits #3)

Sparing the Heart

(Pastime Pursuits #3)

Realtor and amateur bowler Kate Hayes is the ultimate fixer-upper at this stage in her life. Grieving the death of her father, she moves to a brand new town for a fresh frame. She quickly realizes, however, that location isn’t everything she’s always preached to her clients when she finds herself falling into the same bad habits. To break the cycle, she joins a local bowli ...more
Published March 17th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Sparing the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sparing the Heart

Melissa
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think Tracy Krimmer was spying on me when she wrote this novel. Kate loves bowling and it was a pastime she shared with her dad. (My dad and I also have a shared love for bowling.) She doesn't drink coffee or beer. She grew up in the midwest. She loves 90s music. She even references the movie Teen Witch. The only things we don't have in common are that she's a way better bowler than I am and she's single. However, that part makes for the most enjoyable aspect for the story, since readers get to see her con ...more
Renee
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favourites, read-2016
I may have been slightly stalking Tracy while waiting for her to finish writing this book. I fell in love with her light and fun writing style with the first two books in this series, then proceeded to devour everything else she had written in the meantime. There may actually have been an audible squeee when I received my advanced reader copy to review and it skipped to the top of my review pile (sorry everyone else - favouritism at play).

Those of you who have read Caching In will re
Kim Howard
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: so-so-romance
I start all books with the hope of a five star read. For this story, as the chapters progressed, you could see the stars drying up and crumbling away. A too predictable, too cliche, light contemporary romance that leaves the reader with the taste of disappointment in their mouth.
Kindle Ninja
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kate Hayes will absolutely kick my ass in a game of bowling.

But let’s not talk about my bowling skills (nil, if you ask me).

Sparing the Heart is a romance novel that does not really stray far away from the chick lit formula. This is both good and not so good.

It’s good because the story works within the c
Karan Eleni
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
This review was originally posted on karaneleni.com

It’s no secret that I’m a fan of Tracy Krimmer. I loved Ally and Seth in CACHING IN so much that I (wrongly) assumed that my favorite characters in the series wouldn’t change. Kate, in SPARING THE HEART, is so much like me that it’s scary. There were many parts in the story that I could relate to making it very difficult to put the book down. Tracy did an amazing job wrapping up the Pastime Pursuits series. I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us next!!!

Jo Ann
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book had a lot of things going for it - an interesting storyline, relatable characters, great banter and well written prose. I did not read the first two books in the series but I had no trouble reading this as a stand alone. I also really like the cover! I took a star off because we only get the Kate's POV (personally I love dual POV's) and I was a bit disappointed at (view spoiler) ...more
Laurie
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
A cute story about starting over, Sparing the Heart is a sweet story with bowling as the central theme. The main character Katie is trying to come to terms with her father death and she joins a bowling league to help her get out and make some new friends. Katie finds more than she bargained for when she falls for a member of the team, but he is already engaged. The story moves well and the characters are friendly and relatable. This was a fun book - perfect for a summer beach read.
Tracy
Dec 27, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Now available! http://mybook.to/STH

Follow on tracykrimmer.com or Facebook at facebook.com/KrimmerAuthor
Sabrina Wilfinger
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Sport

Kinda slow and after being on a league there was no reason. Bowling is sooo fun. Romance happens around the innuendos.
Andrea Miller
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm a bowler so for me it was a little extra bonus for bowling to be part of the storyline...I probably would have rated it a 3 otherwise...
Tiffany Willams
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Sometimes change is the only thing that can save you from yourself."

Oh my gee!

It's no secret how much I love a great romance, but I also love when a little bit of self-discovery happens to the main character within the story.
That's what you get with Kate Hayes.

I was first introduced to Kate in Caching In. She was a secondary character that I just knew had a story behind her. I was excited when I found out she would be getting her own book!!

"
Arielle Jagow
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kate Hayes is a dedicated realtor that has recently decided to take up a childhood pastime despite the recent cloud of grief that she’s been walking around in after the loss of her parents. Her therapist suggested she find a non-work related hobby to fill her life with some fun and meaning and Kate decides to take the suggestion and run with it.

Kate decides to spread her wings because the last six months have been filled with nothing but work. With the suggestion of her therapist, sh
Jana Williams
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First of All I Would Love to Thank Goodreads & Tracy Krimmer Because of Them I Had an Opportunity to Read this Amazing Book that I Won in a Goodreads Giveaway! Sparing the Heart was an Awesome Book in My Opinion and I Would Definitely Recommend this Book to Anyone! I Know this Book is the 3rd Book in a Series but I Never Felt Lost or Confused Since I Did Not Read the 1st Two, So This Book is Definitely a Standalone Book! I Love When I Read a Book and I Can Actually Relate to the Main Charact ...more
Samantha March
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy
Whoo hoo, another fantastic offering from Tracy Krimmer! I have loved Krimmer’s style of writing since I first started reading from her, and Sparing the Heart is no exception. While I knew I would read her latest book anyway, my interest was piqued seeing bowling played a large role in the story. While not a bowler myself, my mom was a big league bowler at one time, and my husband now is, so I thought I could enjoy those aspects. That rang true, but there was so muc
Leah
Nov 11, 2016 added it
I would just skip this book, it is a real gutter ball. Punning aside, I didn't enjoy the book. I thought the writing was bad, the main character judgmental and rude, the book predictable, and was all in all a boring experience.
RJ
Jul 11, 2016 rated it liked it
A quick romance with a lost woman who is also searching for friends in her new town. A good chick lit story.
Cindy
I didn't even get halfway through before I quit. Not worth the time.
Annie Warren
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet little romance for a day off!

I was excited to read this book after I saw good reviews on Facebook and it ended up being very sweet and romantic! I recommend this book.
Cary
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
I waffled between 2 & 3 stars but although this book's plot seemed slow what felt more problematic was the 2 dimensional characters. They just didn't always feel real.
K is for Cathy
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, more than just another chic lit!

I picked this book having no idea other than it had a gal and a bowling ball. I rarely review books, but I truly enjoyed the read.
janis Ross
Katie Phillips
Sep 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• To Love A Cat
  • Sex, Lies and Midnight (Undercover Operatives, #2)
  • It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Chick Lit: A Holiday Anthology
  • Family Ties (A Cop in the Family, #2)
  • Marrying Missy
  • Lease on Love (Snow Kissed Love, #2)
  • The Start of Something Good (Jamett & Joseph, #1)
  • The Venus School of Sex (Venus Rising, #1)
  • Lola's House
  • Light My Fire (The DeMarco Family, #4)
  • L.A. Boneyard (L.A., #3)
  • Divorcees.Biz
  • Sweet on You (Wilde Sisters #1)
  • Secondhand Romance (Brothers of Audubon Springs, #2)
  • A Special Kind of Advent: A Festive, Feel Good, Christmas Romance
  • Unfinished Dreams
  • through infinity (Forever and a Day #1)
  • Stolen (Unlikely Heroes #1)
Newsletter signup: tracykrimmer.com/newsletter

------------------------------------------------------

Tracy Krimmer loves penning chick lit and Women's Fiction as well as reading the same genre. Her passion for the written word began at a young age and her favorite place as a child was the library.

When she's not writing, she enjoys fitness, crushing candy, and napping. She lives in the Midwest

Pastime Pursuits (3 books)
  • Caching In (Pastime Pursuits #1)
  • Jay Walking (Pastime Pursuits #2)