Start by marking “O's Guide to Finding your True Purpose (O's Little Books/Guides)” as Want to Read:
O's Guide to Finding your True Purpose (O's Little Books/Guides)

O's Guide to Finding your True Purpose (O's Little Books/Guides)

Os Little Guide to Finding Your True Purpose
Published January 7th 2016 by OneWorld (first published December 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about O's Guide to Finding your True Purpose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about O's Guide to Finding your True Purpose

Sarah Obsesses over Books & Cookies
Cute little essays about life. Well written but short.
Lori Bamber
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A densely wise little book that helped me articulate my aims for the next stages of my life. It made me realize that stumbling around feeling a bit unmoored and lost after achieving your big life goals is a gift ... we’re never finished until we’re truly finished, but the scope and aim of our purpose is always changing.

I loved this, from Alain de Botton:

...in the end, the answer to “Who are you meant to be?” is perhaps this: the person who keeps posing the question.

I also loved the chapter on
Diane
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a little treasure of a book. I absolutely loved the quizzes and exercises. I’ve made oodles of notes and copies to reference later. And the stories were from the heart- Wow.
Sumana
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its a good read for those who like indulging in short stories/texts. I must say this book would be better understood by me or I could apply it better in my own life after a few years from now and not right away. Its the best example of a lazy read. I am looking forward to reading some more from the O's Little Guide series.
Dawn CM
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. Bite-sized inspiration. So good!
Lawanda
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well curated group of essays written from a variety of perspectives.
Art
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
FYI: This book is a collection of articles/stories that have appeared in O Magazine.

Although, I couldn’t relate to some of the stories in the book, I still enjoyed reading it. The short stories come from a variety of different writers from all type of background and some of them you may know even if you don’t read O Magazine. Like Valorie Burton (Successful Women Think Differently), Edwidge Danticat (Krik? Krak!) and Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love).

My favorite chapters were “Where Do I Find
Richa Sharma
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well now this is a little book filled with little stories that uplift you, make you smile, make you a cry a bit, sooth your soul, calm you down and just helps you to be on your way. It's written by some really famous people and some not so famous ones but their stories have all come together to just spread optimism and gently nudge you to get back on the path and do whatever you always wanted to do. I didn't read it cover to cover, rather I'd just pick up a random page or a random chapter and re ...more
Karen
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A super quick little read. These are articles written by different people. Some may speak to you and others might fall flat. Finding your purpose is such an overloaded term, in my opinion. So I wasn't expecting all that much from this tiny book. I just figured small pieces of gold might lie here and there. The variety was nice in my opinion and most of the articles came with a small nugget that I will be thinking about.
Laksmi Sari
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it is my kinda book i enjoyed. Many good thoughts. Tried to answer some test from "Who i meant to be?" By Anne Dranitsaris, Ph.D. Result = Style 5 - Striving to Be Knowledgeable," You're driven to deeply understand how things work. But that's thing, not people. Social Validation isn't your goal, you're secure enough in your cerebral pursuit. Also, balance your cerebral tendencies through physical activities like jogging, hiking or dance". So follow your curiosity.
Marquita Seven
Lots of stuff that is boring and a lot of stuff that was life changing.
Emma
I didn't dislike this book, but I didn't really like it either. In terms of the "finding your true purpose" aspect, I just didn't feel like I got that out of this book at all, and I didn't find much of it very memorable. I don't necessarily think I'm the target demographic for this book, so maybe that's why it just didn't really do much for me.
Vicky
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listened.
Ashley Marie
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good little tidbits of advice
Samatha
Short essays about different shifts in life toward directions of the heart. Light like a stroll through a sunlit garden.
Stephanie
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a quick read
makes a nice gift
a welcomed addition to my bookshelf
Amanda
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good little book from "O's Little Guide" series.
Melody
Dec 31, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This past summer, I had the opportunity to listen to O’s Little Book of Happiness which I really enjoyed. So I was excited to learn that there was more where that came from. Though listening to O’s Little Guide to Finding Your True Purpose, it appears I enjoy these doses of enlightenment with more of a light hearted edge or at least delivered in a way where it’s not so noticeably self help. In listening to this audiobook, it’s clear that this is for someone who really needs a push in the right d ...more
Melissa Marsted
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been reading a lot of "finding your purpose" books lately as I try to complete my own memoir, Finding Feathers. I found this book very easy to read on a flight from London to Boston and enjoyed the variety of authors who were chosen to be part of the book of essays, including Marianne Williamson, Michael Cunningham, Martha Beck, and Elizabeth Gilbert. There are essays like, Your Life is a Story You Have Lived to Tell by Laura Munson who writes, "Stories give us permission to dive bravely ...more
Jasmin Mohd-zain
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
Essays picked by the editors to help you think about "what to do" or "who am i.."

I find the sharings valuable and help direct my thoughts on the same. Having reached half a century old (gasp!) it's nice to look around at what i have or have not done, as well as read about others adventures in life.

Suzanne Finnamore wrote on page 125 -

"It is also key to listen and watch for the message the rejection has hidden in its fold. At forty i now believe rejection is God's way of kicking you to higher gr
Olga Inozemtseva
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. Found the stories really inspiring. Definitely recommend this book to anyone who finds encouragement in others' life stories and experiences. The stories are very short and the book is divided up into themes with chapters that contain the stories. Because of the way the stories are organized, it flows very well and the book is really easy to read. I'm really happy I picked up this book.
Denise St. Jean
What I liked about the book was that it was light and each chapter was an article from the O Magazine. Easy to read in short bites. I did find some little kernels of wisdom throughout the book, although there were some articles that were more of interest to me than others. It was certainly worth the read, even if it was simply to wet the appetite to my true purpose.
Yanira
Jan 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a small little book with lots of insights. I'm not big on the quizzes. I think it cheapens the book. However, it had some beautiful moments that described failure and love.

When you take risks, expect that risk to be your reward. Life doesn't owe you anything. You owe it to your life to take risks.
Diane Dachota
Very quick read; essays from various writers on aha moments, soul searching and finding your purpose. To be honest, I forgot most of these 'lessons' the day after reading, but I do think it is a nice collection.
Elaine Marion
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational book, loved the stories from a diverse range of people who have chosen to emphasize love and happiness first and who have taken the road perhaps less traveled to chose to live their lives based on their own terms
Lori Bain
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best non-fiction book I've read in a long time! If you're figuring out your calling, your life's purpose, or you need to jump start your life, read this tiny book. It's inspirational and chock full of practical advice and ideas. It came at just the right time in my life.
Laura Anne
If I could only say one word about this little book it would be this, surprising. My roommate gave this to me for Christmas and I was skeptical as I began it but (with the exception of the last chapter) it resonated with me.
Lulu
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four essays that I enjoyed most from this collection are: "the pivotal moment" , "if all else fails..."',"the white room", and "blame it on the bossanova". Each of them is a true gem of wisdom that enlightens us on our quest for meaning and purpose.
Ying Ying
Apr 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspiration
I bought this book at the airport. The book is very light to ready and is composed by multiple stories. Many of the stories did not hold to my expectations, but I really enjoyed the quizzes/questionnaires that allowed me to better understand myself.
Marilou
A nice collection of short essays. Some were more appealing to me than others. I particularly liked Alain De Botton's essay, it makes me want to read some of his books.

• Self-Therapy: A Step-By-Step Guide to Creating Inner Wholeness Using IFS, a New, Cutting-Edge Therapy
  • Yoga for Depression: A Compassionate Guide to Relieve Suffering Through Yoga
  • Secrets of Meditation: A Practical Guide to Inner Peace and Personal Transformation
  • Colorado's Fourteeners: From Hikes to Climbs
  • Dead Feminists: Historic Heroines in Living Color
  • Lights On, Rats Out: A Memoir
  • March Forward, Girl: From Young Warrior to Little Rock Nine
  • Resurrecting the Shark: A Scientific Obsession and the Mavericks Who Solved the Mystery of a 270-Million-Year-Old Fossil
  • Falling in Love with English Boys
  • Voyager: Travel Writings
  • Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women
  • Witness to the Revolution: Radicals, Resisters, Vets, Hippies, and the Year America Lost Its Mind and Found Its Soul
  • The Psychedelic Explorer's Guide: Safe, Therapeutic, and Sacred Journeys
  • Trauma Junkie: Memoirs of an Emergency Flight Nurse
  • Pink Sari Revolution: A Tale of Women and Power in India
  • The Power of Different: The Link Between Disorder and Genius
  • People of the Deer
  • My Fat, Mad Teenage Diary (Rae Earl, #1)