Start by marking “Not Okay Cupid” as Want to Read:
Not Okay Cupid

Not Okay Cupid

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  633 Ratings  ·  123 Reviews
Her wicked revenge, or his wicked heart...

Hazel McCallister loves her life. Perfect grades. Perfect best friend. Perfect boyfriend. Until her perfect boyfriend cheats on her with her perfect best friend. Now Hazel’s in free fall—until her best friend’s brother, Felix, gives her the perfect idea. Reclaim her power by taking revenge on her cheating ex.

Felix James loves his l
Published January 11th 2016 by Entangled: Crush

To ask other readers questions about Not Okay Cupid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Okay Cupid

Norah Una Sumner
"Her wicked revenge, or his wicked heart..."

First of all,this summary got me so excited for this book and thank God that it didn’t let me down.I really enjoyed reading this.There are dual POVs-Hazel the Bazel is a really cute and relatable character and Felix the Cat…well,he’s definitely irresistible.

description

But there’s more to him than his good looks-he’s really nice, charming and protective.What more can I ask for? The chemistry between them is so lovely and their love is definitely slow-burning.I
Lucia
Dec 06, 2015 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 17%

Juvenile and boring. Not interested.
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

This book was just one of those cute, fluffy contemporaries that you need to sort of cleanse your reading palette between hard hitting fantasy, dystopian, etc. I read the book in just under 24 hours, and it definitely hit the spot, though wasn't my favourite I've ever read.

In the book, Hazel's best friend Kimmy and boyfriend Jay commit the biggest sin: they get together and cheat on Hazel. As y
Moriah
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*
~This review will also appear on A Leisure Moment~

Not Okay, Cupid can be described in three words: romance, renegade, and recommended. Things have always gone well for Hazel McAllister: perfect boyfriend, perfect grades, and a perfect plan for her life—until everything changes in one day. One day is all it takes for her to end up single, without a best friend, and kissing Felix James. Felix James (!), of all people!
T.H. Hernandez
This had teen angst written all over it, which is right up my alley, and I was not disappointed. Hazel is heartbroken when her boyfriend cheats on her with her best friend, Kimmy. When Kimmy's older brother, Felix, comes up with a plan to get back at the two cheaters, Hazel's heartbreak turns to anger and she's ready for revenge. Things go from zero to awkward in under a minute when Hazel and Felix share a steamy kiss in the cafeteria to prove a point. Lifelong friends with a complicated relatio ...more
Deniz
Dec 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-16
It's around 2.5 Stars but I will round of up- because I did like the second half

This kinda reminded me of She's All That with a dash of Ten Things I Hate About you, thrown the bad boy turned lover boy....
So your classic highschool cute & fluffy.

But I was not a fan of the first half. It was too melodramatic for me. And my biggest issue with the book: I really didn't like Felix's POV.
BUT saying this... It gets better, way better. The second half of the book, was the classic sigh-worthy cute
Cody
Dec 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The synopsis is pretty simple with this one, our perfect MC Hazel leads the seemly perfect life in and outside of school but when she finds her supposedly perfect boyfriend hooking up with her best friend, her world comes crashing down. However all is not lost as Felix, her best friend’s brother decides to help Hazel get her much-needed revenger; fake a relationship and ultimately break her douche-bag ex’s heart.

As Hazel and Felix slowly get to know each other it becomes harder to keep up this
Nicole
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not Okay Cupid!!! First things first: I received an ARC through NetGalley.
The book comes out january 11th and you should totally check it out.

For me this book is a total 5 star book, cause at least the book has everything that I need in a good story.

The writing is really good, there is just a wonderful sense of humor and the characters are written so well. I very much enjoyed that.

Then we have the story. Hazel finds her boyfriend and her best friend being all over each other at school. Her be
Inah (The Bibliophile Confessions)
I was a bit skeptical if I will like this book when I first saw it in Entangled Teen’s request list but I was seriously craving for some light and fluffy read and THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS BOOK HAS BROUGHT ME.

I wasn’t really a fan of the “falling-for-your-bestfriend’s-brother” trope. I haven’t read that much books that falls into this category and I’m not a big fan of third-wheels!!!

This book got me hooked from the get-go, I adored the main characters, Hazel and Felix. Hazel is smart, charming a
Edit~A
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it
WARNING! This book contains betrayal, revenge, and that most tempting vice of all, the bad boy you know you can’t have.

Again, loved it! Don't know why but I really enjoy Entangled Crush's this innocent love.
Half of the book went like a flash, I was like "Woah, I am already 50% done?".
Loved the characters, I loved that Felix was not the cliché bad boy character, he was a player but he was good.
Liked Hazel, she was brave, I liked it, she didn't cry for Jay, didn't beg for him to be back, and inst
Haraiah Eve
This book is a light, cute and fast read. I flew through it in no time! It's pretty funny, too. And straight to the point. Hazel catches her bestfriend and boyfriend getting chummy with each other in the school cafeteria, confronts them, and her idiot 'ex-boyfriend' says something like 'it just happened' and all that BS, making it out like he only went out with Hazel because of her brain, straight A student that she is. So Hazel is all like, Boy, you are going down. Thus the revenge plan. Her ac ...more
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love, love, love. It's like the Beatles could see into the future to the swoony-ness that is Hazel Basil and Felix James (aka Felix the Cat and Player of La Playa) when they came up with the song "All You Need Is Love." I've...if I'm being honest...not understood the appeal of holiday themed books before reading Heidi R. Kling's Not Okay, Cupid, but now I may become a holiday YA romance aficionado...if that's possible.

I loved their witty banter, and I thought the off-feeling of going against wh
Irene
3 stars

Not Okay Cupid was a sweet and cute read just wished there was a little less inner monologues going on as it did get a little repetitive at times.
The characters were entertaining and the plot was ok.

I think Not Okay Cupid would be a hit with a younger reader.

Thank you Entangled Crush via NetGalley for the advance copy.
Taylor

Tasha
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, my-ebooks
*4.5 stars*

Thank you Entangled: Crush for this ARC. Thank you so much! :)

First off, I am so mad at myself for not getting to this book sooner. I blame it on my horrible reading slump and most of all ME. I don’t know what I was thinking, I don’t know what my reading slump was thinking, getting in the way of me and this gem of a book.

description

Okay, okay. So Hazel pretty much has a perfectly planned life but as you can tell from the summary, her plans go down the drain when her boyfriend cheats on her with
Churin
Apr 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Oh my God, the horror.
I wish I could reverse the time and stop myself from wasting my time. And money.
Like, why oh why did I read this book?
I guess it was the sugar high of reading one good book from this publisher's line made me wanna read another from them.
Anyway, my complaints:
- Characters that have one single characterisation. Seriously. This is even worse than Twilight (and that was one book I would never ever even wish upon my enemies to read and bear the pain). At least in term of cha
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
Basit bir hikaye bekliyordum zaten de bu biraz fazla basit ve çocukça olmuş.
Bea (Beatrice Learns To Read)
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
This review can also be viewed at Beatrice Learns To Read.

I received a digital ARC of this book from Entangled Publishing, LLC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. By no means have my review been affected and/or influenced.

Not Okay? Yeah. It isn’t. This book is barely okay.

Hazel has had her future planned out for her and her boyfriend, but when she finds out that her boyfriend was cheating on her with her best friend, everything falls apart. *insert eye roll gif here* Okay, not really
Ashley Urquhart
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Hazel has her entire future planned out. She and her boyfriend are going to get into the same college, then the same grad school, and then they’ll have 2.5 kids together and live in a house with a white picket fence. At least that was the plan until he cheated on her with her best friend Kimmy. Now Hazel doesn’t know what to do. Luckily, someone else does. Felix the Player of La Playa (also Kimmy’s older brother) has a plan for revenge.

This book had so much potential. I really mean that. The pre
Krystianna
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First 5 star read of the year. I absolutely love entangled teen's crush line. The books are so fun! Full review to come.

Updated 1/8/16

**Thank you to Entangled Teen for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

Before I start off my review, I just want to tell you that you seriously need to check out Entangled's Crush line, because the books are literally so swoon-worthy. They're just such cute contemporary reads that are perfect if you're in a reading slump! I've read almos
Ally
Jan 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants light, clean romance
NetGalley. Thanks for the copy.

"Everyone hates Donald Trump," says the internal thoughts of the main character, Hazel McCallister. Honestly, at this point I don't care whether or not the book is downright horrible (which it isn't, for your information), I'm giving this book a Five just for saying that. But unfortunately, that's not very positive of me and let's not bring too much politics into this. (And I myself will not bring any more politics into the mix.)

On the scale of 1 to 5, how scaldi
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
HERE

description

Today is the day that Not Okay, Cupid comes out, so it was the perfect day to dig into to this book and write this review. I have to be honest, after reading The Girlfriend Request (also out today), my hopes weren’t that high for this book… BUT, I was wrong! Not Okay, Cupid totally surpassed my expectations, and that’s part of why I gave it 4 stars, besides some problems that it did have.

I absolutely loved the writing. It was fun, witty and easy to read I’ll tell you guys this, whatever else
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

From the summary of this one I should have ate this one up: fake relationship, perfect girl falling for the bad boy, FAKE RELATIONSHIP. It was a recipe for success...except, it wasn't. I had a hard time connecting to the characters and thought that there was too much in between the fake relationship stuff that made it kind of blah.

I had to like double and triple check that I was 1. actually reading Felix's point of
Kristine
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Original review can be found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

** I received an advanced readers copy from Entangled Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

The synopsis does a really good job of describing what this book is about. Basically, Hazel discovers her boyfriend and her best friend in a situation that is a little more than friendly and her perfectly planned life falls apart. Help comes from an unlikely source in the form of her (ex) best f
Lyn  Ching
more reviews at www.readingtsinoy.blogspot.com

Fluffy. Frothy. Shallow. Light.

The story is not unusual. Best friend cheats with the perfect boyfriend. Cue devastation, tears, frustration and plans for revenge. But as with every plot there is always a way to set it apart from others. This one however, goes with the sea of sameness. In other words, unimpressive.

Hazel and Felix are very different in that she’s a Type A girl while he is known as the La Playa, as in sleeping-around-with-commitment-iss
Suze Lavender
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hazel has plans, big plans. She's got her whole life figured out until at least the age of thirty. She will marry her high school boyfriend Jay and will have a great, perfect family with him. Of course that won't happen until after university and while they're students they will of course stay a couple. Only then Jay betrays Hazel with her best friend Kimmy and Hazel is heartbroken.

Kimmy's brother Felix offers Hazel a revenge plan. Together they will make Jay jealous. Felix has always been ther
Nayab
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not Okay Cupid is a heart-meltingly sweet read that will make you smile every once in a while. It’s just a really good book. Yes, you know that it will have a happy ending (the title gives that one away plus) all Entangled books have that in common, the happily ever after. That doesn’t mean that I enjoyed this book any less at all.

In fact, the characters were so cute and their back and forth with each other was so on point and so enjoyable that I thought this book was the perfect read to start t
Kate’s Book Spot
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Firstly I’d like to thank the publisher for approving my NetGalley request for this eBook. This was another book where the blurb caught my attention and made me want to know more.

Once I started reading, the first thing that stood out for me was the young feel to the storyline. The writing style matched this beautifully so that I could almost imagine I was right there alongside the characters.

The cheating scene was uncomfortable to read and left me with mixed feelings – pity for Hazel but also pr
Riki
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG- did I ever love this novel. NOT OKAY CUPID is pure YA gold, with a cast of endearing characters who will work their way into your heart and not let go. I loved Hazel with a thousand loves. She's eager to please and scorned by her best friend and cheating boyfriend, sending her right into the arms of Felix, who is equally adorable. The banter between Felix and Hazel alone is worth the price of this book. Seriously, the dialogue is quick and witty, and absolutely the most fun I've read in a l ...more
Escape into a Booksite
ARC kindly provided in exchange for honest review

I love these kinds of books. The whole "fake boyfriend" thing which ends up being more than you ever thought it'd be? I eat them up. They're predictable and fluffy and a walking cliche, but I love them all the same.

This one was a great book, easy to read and a quick read as well. I loved Felix. He was the best character by far. He had his own personality and he owns it. Plus he's a real softy deep down.

Not much to say about this one other th
  • The Girlfriend Request
  • Kiss with Cherry Flavor (Grover Beach Team, #4)
  • Notice Me
  • Romancing the Nerd (Nerd, #2)
  • Pieces of You and Me
  • Falling for the Wrong Guy
  • Not Cinderella's Type (Modern Fairy Tales #1)
  • Crazy, Stupid, Fauxmance (Creative HeArts, #3; Mariely and Cabot #1)
  • The Kissing Deadline
  • Ella's Twisted Senior Year
  • Ten Things Sloane Hates About Tru (Creative HeArts, #1; Sloane and Tru #1)
  • Playing the Player
  • The New Guy (and Other Senior Year Distractions)
  • Last Wish (Remembering Kyle, #2)
  • Played (Hooked, #2)
  • Run To You Part VI: Sixth Sense
  • Two-Faced (The Masks, #2)
  • The Handoff (A Big Play Novel, #3)
Heidi R. Kling writes books about normal girls in fantastic situations.

Her debut novel SEA (Penguin/Putnam) was a finalist for Northern California Book of the Year," an IndieNext Summer Pick, Goodreads “Mover and Shaker," Scholastic Reading Pick, and Gateway Reader’s Award Finalist among other generous accolades. SEA, which launched June, 2010, is a bittersweet love story set in the aftermath of
More about Heidi R. Kling

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)