Start by marking “Permanently Booked (The Ladies Smythe & Westin)” as Want to Read:
Permanently Booked (The Ladies Smythe & Westin)

Permanently Booked

(The Ladies Smythe & Westin #2)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews

The first rule of the Hibiscus Pointe book club is don't talk about the murderSemi-reformed party girl Summer Smythe is finally feeling at home at the Hibiscus Pointe Retirement Community. All that's left to do is replace her late grandma's massive book collection with a TV. Donating them to the community library is the perfect solution—until she finds the librarian buried

Published April 4th 2016 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Permanently Booked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Permanently Booked

JoAn
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Permanently Booked by Lisa Q. Mathews is the second book in The Ladies Smythe & Westin series. It was a quirky and fun cozy mystery. This is the first book that I have read by this author; but I didn't feel lost while reading it.

Summer Smythe is definitely one of those women who flies by the seat of her pants in most situations which created some humorous moments. Dorothy Westin is the "calm center of the storm" that Summer creates while they investigate. Dorothy is also the one who can put
Leslie Karst
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dorothy and Summer may live in a south Florida retirement community, but there’s little rest for the Ladies Smythe and Westin as they investigate the death of the Hibiscus Pointe librarian. Full of humor and hijinks, Permanently Booked is a real page-turner, and had me guessing whodunit right up until the end. So glad this terrific Lisa Q. Mathews series is finally coming out in print!
Kelly
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I work in property management and the SLEW of rules Summer blatantly broke throughout the course of this book set my teeth on edge. So...bear that in mind as you read this review. Because I've actually dealt with people who think the rules apply to everyone but them and ... *crazy eyes*

*double crazy eyes*

*triple freeze frame crazy eyes*

Anyway. It took a while for me to warm up to Summer. To start with, I couldn't fathom why Dorothy put up with her when they were so obviously opposite
DelAnne Frazee
Publisher: Carina Press
Published: 4-4-2016
Pages: 229
Genre: Mystery & Thrillers
Sub-Genre: Women Sleuth, Cozy Mystery, Amateur Sleuths,, Women's FIction, Suspense
ISBN: 9781459290624
ASIN: B014PMTVAS
Reviewed For NetGalley and Carina Press
Reviewer: DelAnne
Rating: 4.5 Stars

The first rule of the Hibiscus Pointe book club is don't talk about the murder

Semi-reformed party girl Summer Smythe is finally f
Marla Bradeen
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
PERMANENTLY BOOKED is another enjoyable installment in the Smythe and Westin series. These two women make an unlikely yet entertaining team, and I enjoyed reading about their latest adventure. Readers who appreciate lighthearted and humorous mysteries will find a lot to love about this series.
Janis Hill
I would like to thank Carina Press for providing me with an ARC of this book, via Netgalley, in exchange for an open and honest review.

Okay, so to start with, ‘Permanently Booked’ isn’t the first book in the ‘The Ladies Smythe & Westin’ mystery series, it is the second… but it was the first one in that series I read.

Usually that means I will drop a book like a hot potato and be adding it to my DNF pile so quickly I could give myself a paper cut - if it was a paper book. I am not a fan of bo
Brenda
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Permanently Booked is the second in the Ladies Smythe and Westin mystery series. Main characters Dorothy Westin and Summer Smythe live in the Hibiscus Pointe Senior Living Community. The vast age difference between the women, Senior Dorothy and twenty something Summer hasn't stopped the two from teaming up to solve crimes.

When the ladies discover the body of Hibiscus Pointe Librarian Lorella Caldwell bludgeoned to death, they set off on a rollicking adventure uncovering clues and tracking down n
Lisa Morin
Mar 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my fair and honest review.

This is the first time I have read anything about this author. The cover and title looked intriguing so I requested a copy to read and review.

In my opinion, the first book in the series needs to be read first. This is only because of the confusion of not knowing the characters and how they became sleuthing partners.

Summer is a twenty something young lady living in an inherited condo in an over 55 community. S
Kathleen Gray
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pleasant easy cozy. I hadn't read the first book, which introduced all the characters, and that probably would have helped. Mathews has a nice writing style. Liked the setting, liked the mystery, liked the book. Thanks to NETGALLEY for the aRC.
Lyn Jenkins
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Once again Smythe and Westin find their killer. "Permanently Booked" like "Cardiac Arrest " will keep you guessing to nearly the end.
Ellen Byron
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great, fun read! Love Dorothy and Summer. Both the writing and the mystery are terrific.
dorothy rose
Aug 24, 2017
Kellye Garrett
Feb 27, 2016
Tammie Gunter
Loved this book, Cant wait to read the other 2 books by Lisa Q Mathews. Terrific story, Great writer.
Jen Yip
Jun 26, 2016
Lisa
May 05, 2018
Suzanne
rated it did not like it
May 18, 2018
Sheila
Jun 19, 2016
Angela
Jun 19, 2016
LISA Q. MATHEWS was a Nancy Drew editor, a lifeguard, and a competitive figure skater before she started writing mysteries.

Despite an inability to type, Lisa got her first job out of college as an editorial assistant. Later, she edited the Nancy Drew series and became Creative Director at Random House Children’s Books. She also wrote under pseudonym for Mary-Kate and Ashley and The Lizzie McGuire

The Ladies Smythe & Westin (3 books)
  • Cardiac Arrest (The Ladies Smythe & Westin)
  • Fashionably Late (The Ladies Smythe & Westin)