Start by marking “Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days Volume 1

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days Volume 1

(Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days #1)

Imagine a Neon Genesis Evangelion where choosing the right girl is more important than saving the world! That's the gist of Angelic Days - the hit manga that Eva fans have been waiting for! Based on a popular PC and Playstation 2 game released only in Japan, Angelic Days takes the angst-ridden Eva pilots and sets them in a lighter, brighter world.
Published May 16th 2006 by ADV Manga (first published December 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Neon Genesis Evangelion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neon Genesis Evangelion

Rosamaria
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My reaction to watching the original Eva series: OH DEAR GODDESS WHYYYY??????? THIS IS SO SICK!!! *continues watching*

My reaction to reading this: Awwww!!!!! So cute!

As you can probably tell, the only connection between the original series and this manga are characters names and the fact that angels and giant robot-things are involved. This manga takes out all the nightmare fuel, depressing backstory stories, and mind games that made the original series so sadistically entertaining to watch and
Gusfina
--- Neon Genesis Evangelion Ironmaiden 2nd 1-6 ---
Plot: Ok.
Gambar: Ok.
Penokohan: Ok.

Salah satu buku yang ingin saya baca sejak lama! Syukurlah sekarang kesampaian. Ini karya kedua Fumino sensei yang saya baca. Sebelumnya saya pernah membaca Valkyrie Profile Silmeria (ya, secara ilegal) dan kalau bukan dari sana, saya tidak mungkin tertarik dengan NGE Ironmaiden ini.

Komik ini dikemas dengan alur cerita cepat. Terlalu cepat sampai saya merasa perlu membaca dua kali untuk mengerti, tapi ternyata s
Annelise Lestrange
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, manga, fandom
I read Neon Genesis Evangelion before I meet this version.

I just couldn't believe my eyes. If it wasn't a alternative versio for the manga that it is, if it was a original work, just like that, would be really nice. But countting the original story, the situations and bla bla bla, thsi sucked a lot.

They should have released it with another characters, like original work, because it was a good ideia. But not for EVANGELION. Sorry :/
Mars
May 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The first time I saw this manga, I immediately bought it. What's more awesome than bringing a depressing anime/manga into a lighter genre?

I can see how others might not take to this series because: 1. some of the characters are a bit OOC (out of character) and 2. not a lot of EVA action. I'd pick this up if you're curious to see another side of the EVA series that involves the characters actually behaving like the teenagers that they are.
Jordan West
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: library, read-in-2006
While a genre of comic I generally avoid (think Archie or other 'high school romance' narratives), for the Evangelion fan, it makes a for light, diverting read; plus, there's a certain joy in seeing the cast free to just act like kids after all the trauma and angst they're subjected to in the actual series.
Fugo Feedback
Otro que pensé que había readeado pero evidentemente no...
O estoy muy paranoico, o alguien anduvo borrando libros a mansalva.
En cuanto al comic en sí: bastante malo, pero no tanto como los tomos posteriores.
Grey Liliy
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've adored Evangelion for years, but only got around to reading the spin-off manga series recently.

I really enjoyed this first volume. This alternate take on the world looks like it'll have a much lighter atmosphere, while still having the drama and sci-fi thrills from the original.

And it's really just nice to see all of them together on the page and interacting. I look forward to the rest of the series.
John Ronald
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spinoff AU manga all about the High School drama utilizing the NGE characters but none of the original plot. Artwork is a little rough but the characters are fully recognizable.
Kurtis Burkhardt
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Ok series, not close to as great as the original neon genesis^.^👌😁📖💕
Rob McMonigal
Aug 04, 2008 rated it liked it
EVA: The Shojo.

I know, right? It's about the last thing you'd expect and quite possibly the last thing you would want. When I saw this in the catalog, I cringed, and I admit that I even had to take this out of the library a couple times before bringing myself to read it because I was afraid of how much it might suck.

But you know what? It's not bad. A sacrilege? Quite possibly. But it's not bad.

Shinji, Asuka, Rey, and the gang are all here in one form or the other, and at first it's just another
Monica
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Having seen the original Evangelion anime (my brother had it and I was rather bored one day so I started watching) I knew the storyline and characters, but this manga is a refreshing look at how everything might have played out if the characters had a more normal upbringing.

I really enjoyed the relationship between Auska and Shinji and how Rei threw a spanner in the works. :O) As well as just the normal teenage stuff unfolding around the backdrop of the strange 'experiments'.

I look forward to re
Jodi
May 10, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012-read
I didn't like this for the sole reason that I didn't understand it. I realize that I would have been better off starting the series from the beginning but technically this was volume 1 of this series. A little background would have been helpful. But I didn't like a lot of the characters. The girls were all screamers. And the boys were all stoic or emo. From a story perspective, it seemed to be missing a real plot or rather a cohesive plot that would entice me to keep reading.
Oyceter
Sep 26, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, mecha-shounen
So far, this is a high school AU of Evangelion, most notable for the fact that the characters are actually sane and fairly well-adjusted. Having fun, though it's still got the faint aura of harem shounen.

Full review (spoilers for all the anime and for the manga through v. 2): http://oyceter.livejournal.com/644616...
Hannah
Oct 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
It was a good book. A little odd, but in manga, a lot of things are a little odd. Like in a lot of Manga, if you keep an open mind, you can enjoy it. The artist did a really good job, but the whole book was basically just the whole beginning. It went by so fast. I bet this is going to be be another long manga series.
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
So I've not seen or read Neon Genesis Evangelion when I picked this up from the library on a whim. It seemed fun about a mech program these high school kids are part of because of where they live, adjacent to a research facility their parents work at.

I liked it! It was really quite intriguing despite it being about Mechs.

BOTTOM LINE: I liked all the characters.
Mira Domsky
So far, very high school, with a lot of Asuka yelling at Shinji....

Reboot of the anime classic Neon Genesis Evangelion, about giant robots and the end of the world. Angelic Days is an alternate reality focusing on the teenage robot pilots relationships to each other in junior high, rather than on the doom and gloom of the Angel Attacks. Filled with silly freak outs, and juvenile teasing.
Tiffany Walker
Aug 29, 2009 rated it liked it
read the first volume and I liked it alot. I'm a shojo fan so this is great for me. There's some personality changes but it was something that needed to be made in order to make it into more of a high school love drama. I like the personality changes and it's nice to see Shinji's personality has changed a bit, he did annoy me alot in the original.
Jemiah Jefferson
Apr 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
I was not a fan of the art in this book, and combined with a completely forgettable story based on EVA, compared to several other "spinoff" series that I've read, I wouldn't recommend this for fans of EVA or manga in general. There's so much better stuff out there.
R
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good so far! I'm excited to see what happens! I got confused though and started reading the second Evangelion book from another series. I was so lost! make sure you're looking for Angelic Days if you want the right series!
Joy
So far, interestingly different from the anime; I rather like the increased emphasis on the high school angle.

(I almost typed "angel" for "angle" just now, which would have been oddly appropriate.)
Variaciones Enrojo
Edición argentina con sobrecubiertas. Tomo 1 de 6.
Kraftlos
Aug 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-manga
Expanding on a 5 min segment from the TV series, this is like an idealistic version of Shinji's life with lots of stereotypical anime/manga school antics.
Jennette
May 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was slightly boring don't bother reading it

Just the kids doing normal school stuff is all

Then they go get tested at this company that's it bland blah boo!!!
Aini
Nick
Mar 21, 2013
Anna
Feb 05, 2012

• Negima! Magister Negi Magi, Vol. 17 (Negima! Magister Negi Magi, #17)
  • Onegai Teacher, Vol. 1
  • Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, Vol. 7
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 5
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Volume 1
  • Liberty Meadows, Volume 2: Creature Comforts
  • Tintin
  • Gullivera
  • The Adventures of Tintin, Vol. 1: Tintin in the Land of the Soviets / Tintin in the Congo (Tintin, #1-2)
  • R.O.D. Read or Die 4 (R.O.D. Read or Die, #4)
  • The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan: The Untold Adventures of the SOS Brigade, Vol. 01

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days (6 books)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days Volume 2