Start by marking “Penalty Clause (Risqué Contracts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Penalty Clause (Risqué Contracts, #1)

Penalty Clause

(Risqué Contracts #1)

Caleb Sterling has found the woman for him. He'll do whatever it takes to make her his... even if it means forcing her to spend time with him. He didn’t become a billionaire without learning how to leverage a contract to his advantage. Now that he’s gotten her to sign on the dotted line, he almost has Madeleine Connelly right where he wants her—in his bed and pregnant with ...more
Published January 24th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published January 18th 2016)

Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
4-4.5 Smutastic Smut Scale Stars

I have been on quite the smut binge this last week...

description

...which I'm sure is a surprise to absolutely no one.

In fact, it's almost gotten to this point:

description

But in actuality, I don't WANT help.

Cause I be what we in Smut Scale Land refer to as a "functioning addict."

Functioning addict you say?

Allow me to assist...

description

And believe me, I fucking rock normal life.

description

*Disclaimer: for any idiot reading this that thinks I'm serious...please. I actually DO rock normal life.

I just asked
Deserie williams
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Contains Spoilers! !

While I really enjoyed how possessive and OTT alpha man hero is, his past and the times it was mentioned bothered me:/ It wasn't brought up extremely but enough for me to have long lasting images in my head. At least the herione wasn't a virgin and had several partners. I did feel like herione was special and different :)Epilogue was what I love:)

safety:
Other then a tiny bit other woman drama (which hero handled perfectly ) and his past (he was a big playboy)this is a safe r
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
OTT alphas, especially ones that do stuff that in "real life" would have you running to your nearest police station, are like catnip to me! So it's no surprise that I ADORED this book! Caleb was awesome, and he even had me laughing out loud on a couple occasions with his antics! Madeleine was also a great character, even if it took her a bit longer to get on board with Caleb's agenda.

It's a short book so the story moves quickly, there really isn't any over the top angst. There is a jealous/nasty
Bookloverme
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I have a new author to stalk. Lol. I loved this one! A fast, hot read with an OTT alpha male.

The story was about Caleb (I didn't know his age) and Madeleine, 22.

Caleb already wanted her the first time he saw her. He's a billionaire and had the biggest publishing house in the country. Madeleine took over as the CEO of their family publishing company after her father had a heart attack. She's busy trying to save their almost bankrupt company.

Caleb did everything to have her, eliminating the c
Hana ♡
Holy cow. I love me a possessive caveman but this dude was intense. I blinked and the story was over! Everything happened so fast!

The H managed to get her knocked up, moved in, and engaged to him in a month. A MONTH.

Meh. But whatever, its unrealistic smutty fiction and I love it :)
Barbara➰
OTT, possessive hero...mmmmhmmm just how I like 'em! He did everything the way I wanted. I loved how he was obsessed and his methods for obtaining Madeleine were a little...let's just say slightly ruthless. I wanted to eat him up! He was also very romantic...Paris *sigh* I will definitely be reading more of this author.

Yes, like most of my fellow Safety Gangers, I hated hearing about his past experience but it was just a blip on the radar of his true awesomeness.
CC
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safe-for-me
This was a short and fun OTT alpha story. Enjoyable, but nothing to write home about. But I plan to read more from this author as these are super low/no angst and short and easy to read.

Soonya
Jan 22, 2016 rated it liked it
While I liked how possessive and obsessive hero was over her, his past and mentioning of it made it a 3-2.5 stars read.

Safe read.
Maya
Hmm, it's been awhile since I've read this book but I do remember I enjoyed it. It's a short and sweet love story and it's perfect for when you need a low drama read. :)
Honey~psychopaths&stalkers
Exactly what I needed! OTT possessive hero, insta-love and epilogue with a baby girl (and planning for more!) ❤ ...more
~ Cariad ~
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Completely over the top bossy billionaire Alpha/innocent younger women, standalone read.

Relax in a bubble bath and enjoy an hour or so with this hot novella. I'm already looking forward to the next one in the series!

And quick question!... Who is this mystery author?!!
I have a funny feeling that we'll all know her as a gr friend!!
Libby Harrison

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Madeleine): 4/5
Hero (Caleb): 4/5
Plot: 4/5
Grovel: none
Cheating: none
HEA: another great epilogue with babies
Triggers: none

Average score: 4/5

Best Lines: H: “one look at my girl was all it took for my cock to go limp around every other woman”

Worst Lines: none that particularly stood out to me

Personal Review:
This was an insta-love story with hints of BDSM.

Random Ramblings:
•Wow, if the h didn’t love him this could have ea
books_and_brew
I have a read a few of Fiona Davenports short reads now and this one just did not do it for me. Maybe my head is in a fucked up place after the events of this weekend in Orlando or maybe I just wanted something a bit deeper and darker.

Granted, I know what to expect when I read Fiona Davenport. Its going to be quick, dirty, completely unrealistic, alpha-male to the max and submissive heroines. None of that bothers me because it is what it is and when Fiona gets it right, its fucking awesome.

Pen
 B.E.Love
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars This book is the definition of over the top and I loved how possessive the hero was but I wish we had gotten more story. I loved both the hero and heroine but I wish I had connected with them a little more, and having this story a little longer (I think)would have made that possible. But this book was fun, fast, and very steamy. This is the type of book that is just fun, and I enjoyed it, and I'm interested to see where this series goes.
Angie H.
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Crazy over the top alpha ... of course, I loved it!
Stories in Review
Great read. They were only apart for a few hours. Slight ow, but didn't cause problems for them. His secretary wanted him. Great story.
SissiReads
Jan 31, 2016 rated it liked it
This book is sooooooo hot! I absolutely love it!! Fiona has become my auto one click author!
MrsJoseph

Yet another *sick at home* read.

This one was hot but it is strange. The hero decided to make this contract in order to trap the heroine so she could become his woman.

Strangely, he could have tried saying "Hello" first, you know, since they hadn't been introduced yet. I guess that was a little too much for him however.

Penalty Clause (and the whole Risqué Contracts series) are more of these baby/pregnancy/breeding books. Which means the reader is treated to
Ira
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

....and the Bastard got what he wanted! LOL:)))

Caleb

I got you...

description
I made sure you'll busy pop out my kids.

description
Now you stuck with me forever darling....

Yay for Caleb and Madeleine:)))
Quick and fun, exactly what I needed after a few 'serious' books I couldn't even finished!
Emily
Caleb Sterling knew the minute he saw Madeleine Connelly she was it for him. The billionaire is used to getting his way and has devised a plan to woo Madeleine, a bit underhanded but if gets himself the woman of his dreams than so be it. The only thing in his carefully crafted plan he did not prepare for was Madeleine not sure about what they are.

I struggled a bit because I did not understand Caleb's take on why he couldn't just win her without being devious about it. Thought the chemistry was r
Makhda

Low angst smut book. I enjoy it. And don't worry. It's safe. :))

(view spoiler)
French Press Bookworm Blog
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say... Where they heck has this lovely author been hiding all my life?!?!?

I loved it. Honestly if your a gas of Insta love and OTT alpha males you will love this book. It's short and hot and a pleasant read for sure. Plus of your a grammar nazi you won't find any mistakes at least I didn't find any haha

If you like Alexa Riley and Jordan silver. Give this a try.
C.J.
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you're a fan of Alexa Riley you'll love this author. The story revolves around Caleb, a young billionaire who will do anything to get the woman he wants to be his forever. It was sexy from start to finish with a sweet epilogue.
Bea
1.5 stars - Warp speed and no character development. Props for not making him a cheater and for the steamy scenes but that's about it.
Laurie
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Perfect when you need an easy peasy smutty little read.
Jennifer Finn
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: insta-love
This is the first book in the Risqué Contracts series & it is a standalone. Caleb Sterling is a handsome, successful, billionaire businessman. He saw Madeleine at a charity event & has been planning a way to make her his ever since. He doesn't just want her for one night either, he knows she is it for him, now he just has to convince her. Madeleine has taken over her Father's business unaware it is bankrupt. Caleb seizes this as the perfect opportunity to sweep in and save her company bu ...more
Lauren
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was a bonus book in the brief me baby book. I read this story in one sitting and wasn’t once bored. Penalty clause is book one in the Risqué contracts series; I cannot wait for more from this series. I liked Caleb but at times he irritated me. I liked how full on he was but he took over too much at times. Despite that, the love he had for Madeline was clear to see. I liked the chemistry and passion between them. I truly liked them as a couple.
The storyline for this book is easy to fol
Heather andrews
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Talk about alpha, good grief Caleb could be a caveman, “yes, baby. My woman,” I clarified. “And , my woman doesn’t spend time alone with another man, friend or otherwise. Got it?” Seriously he was a damn caveman, "I was going to take my girl to Europe, eff her relentlessly, and fill her with every drop of come I had, until she was good and pregnant." Although short this was a good read.
  • Sweet
  • In Debt to the Dom (Guilty Pleasures # 1)
  • Too Cold to Love (The Giovanni Clan, #2)
  • WRECKER
  • The Guardian (The Protectors #1)
  • Touch My Heart (Heart & Soul, #2)
  • Freed by You
  • His Possession (The Owners, #1)
  • The 18th Floor
  • The Boss's Love
  • In Deeper (In Deep, #2)
  • Junkyard Dog (White Horse #1)
  • The Billionaire and His Castaway (Promises #3)
  • Claimed in Canada
  • Wanting Joycelyn
  • How To Catch A Billionaire (How To Catch A Billionaire, #1-3)
  • Queen of Lost Stars: Dragonblade/House of St. Hever
  • The Final Chase (Final Love, #2)

Risqué Contracts (3 books)
  • Contingency Plan (Risque Contracts, #2)
  • Fraternization Rule (Risqué Contracts, #3)