Start by marking “The Person Controller” as Want to Read:
The Person Controller

The Person Controller

From the author of THE PARENT AGENCY comes a thrilling, funny and touching new adventure.

Fred and Ellie are twins. But not identical (because that's impossible for a boy and a girl). They do like all the same things, though. Especially video games. Which they are very good at. They aren't that good, however, at much else – like, for example, football, or dealing with the s
Published February 25th 2016 by HarperCollinsChildren’sBooks (first published January 1st 2015)

Maria Espadinha
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Electronic Genius

It was in one of those nerdy days of their extremely nerdy lives, that Ellie and Fred, the computer-nerdy twins who also happen to be the heroes of this story, got an unexpected visitor. He popped into their super idolized computer screen, introducing himself as the Mistery-Man. He was there not by chance, but with an important mission to accomplish — naming the twins as the absolute owners of the Super Controller, a toy capable of materializing any kind of thought coming f
Maria Espadinha
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
O Génio Electrónico

Ellie e Fred são dois gémeos nerds da electrónica. Um belo dia, andavam eles envolvidos nas suas habituais actividades “nerdicas”, quando foram surpreendidos por uma visita virtual: o ecrã 📺 do seu amadíssimo computador 🖥 fora invadido por uma aparição — O Homem-Mistério — uma imagem vinda do Além, que descera ao Planeta Azul para os nomear donos absolutos do Supercomando, um génio electrónico, capaz de lhes conceder todo e qualquer desejo, Amen 🙏...

Foi então assim que Fred, v
Simona
Rating: 4/5 || Recenzia pe Secretele Cărților

O familie cam ciudată
Primită în urmă cu ceva timp, Controller-ul de oameni a fost o carte care m-a atrast în primă instanță prin coperta foarte frumoasă. Citind descrierea, am devenit interesată de povestea pe care David Baddiel mi-o pregătise. Curiozitatea mi-a fost stârnită și de ilustrațiile minunate din interior, numai bune pentru a captiva atenția copiilor.

Fred și Ellie sunt doi frați gemeni cu pasiuni mai geeky. Acestora le plac foarte mult jocu
Caitlyn
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book because it was really funny.
Katy Noyes
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am really impressed with David Baddiel as a children's author, he has a very natural way of writing for them, he doesn't go overkill on the humour, and has a wonderful grasp on the wish-fulfilment ideas that grab at a young reader.

In his first, he tapped into the wish of (many?) children to change their parents. In his second, he goes for technology, and has his protagonists get their hands on a game controller that can control a connected person - change their appearance, make them a superhum
P Curran and Colette McBeth
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great book great for bright 8 year olds to 12 years old

Could read it so many times

Milo 8 year old boy
Sarah-Sabrina Ibragimova
My daughter said this book if fantastic David Baddiel is a very good author she has read all his books and they're all fantastic. She says David Baddiel has a very good imagination.
Mehsi
A controller that allows one to control a person? That sounds like such a delight, and I had to read the book when I spotted it at the library.

Plus add to that curiosity that I am gamer myself, so the book fitted me perfectly. I am a bit like Ellie, always quite good at games, and people at times teased me about it. Boys weren't all to happy I could defeat them. I was definitely a big fan of Ellie, in fact I was cheering for her quite often during the events of the book. Her control over the co
SandrasBookcorner SandrasBookcorner
Witziges Buch! Nicht nur für Nerds!

Inhalt

Fred und Ellie sind Zwillinge und totale Gamer-Fans. Eines Tages erhalten sie einen magischen Controller.
Mit seiner Hilfe können sich die Zwillinge gegenseitig steuern. Das sorgt für einiges Aufsehen. Besonders bei Isla und Morris, ebenfalls Zwillinge und die Kinder des Schuldirektors Mr. Fawcett. Sie sind die Schultyrannen und vertreiben sich die Zeit damit die Nerds der Schule stets und ständig zu mobben. Dazu gehören auch Fred und Ellie, sowie deren F
Hana Owen
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls and boys ages 6-12
Some books I enjoy can be a bit boring in the beginning before you get sucked into the story but there is NOT ONE boring part in this whole book!

David Baddiel has thought up a very unique and interesting plot like he did in his first book, the Parent Agency. There are these twins Fred and Ellie who are nice but a bit nerdy who go online and find The Mystery Man who offers them a free trial of a Controller that can control whoever is wearing a special bracelet. You can change how your avatar loo
Omar Kaddour
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Iwka
Mar 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Asi nie som úplne správna cieľová skupina na túto knihu. Decká sú podľa knihy divné, lebo majú radi matiku. OK. Rodičia sú akoby vypadli z Matildy. OK?
Snažila som sa do nej začítať, ale po tom, čo mama otcovi pol strany vyťahovala zo zadku prisadnutý ovládač, som to vzdala úplne.
Dylan Duarte
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was so 👍good

I would so reconvened this book and plus my birthday is on the 21st of September and I'm a twin with an opposite gender
Taiyr
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read for my kids. Nice reading. Recommend
Ludwig
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is funny and interesting. It is a lot of things happening. It is fun if you like action because it is a lot of that happening.
Keira
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is an easy read and really funny. It has good characters and a good book. I read it on just over a day!
Paul Tomlins
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Story and fun character!

Enjoyable children’s book, particularly liked by my nine year old son. Main characters are fun and likeable and the story is very heartwarming!
Dane Cobain
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is David Baddiel’s second children’s book, and although I haven’t read the first (The Parent Agency), I understand that they’re connected – at least, they’re set in the same fictional universe, and there’s a little bit of crossover towards the end of the second book where we get to see some familiar faces. I’ve got to say, I wasn’t hugely impressed – it was reasonably well-written and the story line was okay, but it was just missing that little spark of magic.

That said, the humour was prett
Lorna Holland
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, childrens
Full review and giveaway now up on my blog: http://www.thewritinggreyhound.co.uk/...

What originally attracted me to The Person Controller was the plot. It sounded like a completely new and inventive idea, and one that hooked me just from the description alone. That's just as well though, as in the end the plot was the only thing that kept this book going for me. It was fast-paced with plenty of action, packed with all the special moves from popular video game characters.

The book is funny, with t
Saima Nisbet
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Learned only last week that David Baddiel was writing children's books and the title of this sounded fun, fantasy is always appealing to me. This didn't disappoint, it's a fun story about twins who like video games that get given a magic controller. Being familiar with Baddiel, I could imagine his voice through some parts, in particular some of the more sarcastic commentary and it was some of that which I didn't like, such as the repetitive social commentary on the quality of the school that cul ...more
Connor Wilson
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book.
Brigitte
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bovenbouw
Wat een grappig boek. De mysterieuze controller bestuurt geen game maar degene die het bijbehorende armbandje draagt. Je kunt zelf kiezen of je goed wilt voetballen, of dat je iets bouwt, een salto maakt of je uiterlijk verandert. Allemaal mogelijkheden van bekende games. De personages zijn grappig, net als de situaties in het verhaal.
Een aanrader, hopelijk schrikken de 370 pagina's niet af. Voor lezers van 10 jaar en ouder.
Syasya Aisya
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Okay first of all, this book has OFFICIALLY become one of my favourites. I admit though, the cover pulled me into buying it (it's just so pretty) but also cause I read Baddiel's The Parent Agency, which, well, also got me hooked. So I got pretty much high expectations for this one and it definitely blew me off (in some way?). IT'S A MUST READ.
Dumitrita Socianu
Este un roman pentru copii, umoristic. Se pun în temă diferite probleme cu care se confruntă copii: bulling-ul în școală, nesiguranța de sine, stânjeneală din cauza părinților și altele asemenea. Aici se ilustrează și cum reușesc tinerii să treacă peste acestea.
Recenzia completă: https://worldofbooksweb.com/2017/04/2...
Colm
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: school-useful, 2017, 2018
Read this with my class in work. Really well put together. Genuinely funny. Very clever use of language and footnotes that would make Terry Pratchett proud. Good for 12-14 year olds on their own or 11/12 year olds reading with an adult.
Freddiereviewsreads
Overall, David Baddiel is a great author so i loved this book! Probably one of my favourite reads of 2016, the creativity and detail stunned me! The idea was great and i loved reading about Fred & Ellie. i rate it a 5/5- very good!
Layla
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. I look forward to reading more by David baddiel.
Andrew Johnston
Great illustrations and an modern twist on an old storyline, ticking all the boxes for boys
Lucie
Decent for a kids book in terms of writing style and humour, but the ending was just a predictable reuse of an overused plot twist (think Ron, Harry, quidditch and Felix Felicis). Nothing to make it stand out in the genre.

• Goblins
  • Fantastic Mr Dahl
  • Kentucky Thriller (Laura Marlin Mysteries, #3)
  • Evil Twins (Case File 13, #3)
  • The Jolley-Rogers and the Ghostly Galleon
  • Shadows of the Silver Screen
  • Heist (Heist, #1)
  • The Penalty (Paul Faustino, #2)
  • The Teacher's Tales of Terror
  • The Power of Three (Secret Breakers, #1)
  • Ninja Timmy och de stulna skratten (Ninja Timmy, #1)
  • World of Warcraft: Traveler
  • We Can Be Heroes
  • Fireborn (The Flaxfield Quartet, #2)
  • Oona Finds an Egg (The Oodlethunks, Book 1)
  • Alien on a Rampage (Intergalactic Bed and Breakfast, #2)
  • Maïté Coiffure
  • Unleashed (Kate Turner, DVM #2)
David Lionel Baddiel is an English comedian, novelist and television presenter. Baddiel was born in New York, and moved to England when he was four months old. He grew up in grew up in Dollis Hill, Willesden, North London.

After studying at Haberdashers' Aske's Boys' School in Elstree, he read English at King's College, Cambridge and graduated with a double first. He began studies for a PhD in Engl