Start by marking “Book of Lies” as Want to Read:
Book of Lies

Book of Lies

Who lies? Who tells the truth? Death hangs on the answer...

'Highly recommended, especially for those who like their fantasy subtle but chillingly effective, and populated by characters they can believe in' (Starburst Magazine)

Tell a lie and the darkness will find you.
Quinn and Piper are twins, but they've never met. A tragic event brings
them together, and draws them into a familMagazine)

Tell(Starburst

Published March 24th 2016 by Orchard Books

To ask other readers questions about Book of Lies, please sign up.
Jens Raab I guess you're aware of it already, the book is out in the US. It came out last October. :-)

Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Family, secrets, relationships, magic, morality.

I'm finding it really difficult to put my feelings for this book into words, something that happens a lot with this author. But... Read it. Read it now.

Before Reading

I need this so bad it isn't even funny.

You know when you're really excited for a book, and you start feeling all giddy, and your heart starts to race, and you start wondering whether the bookshop will be open at midnight so you can get it immediately upon its/>
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Hachette Children's Group and NetGalley.)

“The truth is that I’m here to make sure she’s really dead.”

This was a YA paranormal story about twins who were separated because one of them would turn evil.

Piper and Quinn definitely had their own personalities in this book, but both of them made some poor decisions. I couldn’t quite believe how Quinn tried to go to school as Piper, and how Piper tried to use Quinn so that she couldNetGalley.)
Maddie
Mar 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, ukya, stand-alones
I love the vibe of this book, it got subtly more creepy as the plot progressed, just like 'Slated'. The whole twins element was extremely interesting, and reminded me of a witchy 'Parent Trap'! There were just so many plot twists and cool revelations that I couldn't stop reading once I got past 70% Also, this was a standalone, which you don't find often in this genre, so yay!
Milli (MiracleMilliReads)
I actually enjoyed this book and I wish I could have 5 stared, but it was a little bit of a drag. This was slow paced and at times very confusing, but was full of dark twists. I liked the whole twin concept of one being evil and thats the reason they were separated. The fact that it took the death of their mother for them to meet again. I find it super twisted how they both used each other to get away with a lot of things such as, one being in love with the other ones boyfriend. This storyline w ...more
Bree Janecic
Well. this novel was a disappointment. It may have been because I went in with such high hopes for this novel. I mean, the blurb was so creepy and beautiful, and Terry's Slated series is amongst my favorites, but Book of Lies just fell short for me. Book of Lies follows Quinn and Piper, identical twin sisters who have never met but, due to the death of their mother, they are thrust together. However one of the twins is filled with a darkness that will supposedly be the undoing of the other. Soun ...more
Lottie Berinson
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is spectacular there are so many twists in the storyline! I couldn't put it down. This was one of the first book that introduced me to the thriller genre. I am also a fan of Terri Teri now too. I am sorry but I was always with Quinn!
#Quinn forever.

The ending was so surprising and marvellous! The characters so easy to invest yourself in. I wanted to slap some one in the face after the cliffhanger ending. ( Do not read if you can't stand a cliffhanger ending without a sequel.)
J
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"A truth, a lie to live or die"
Natalie ♡
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed it, but the end was little strange and I'd have liked it if both of them got a happy end, not just one :)
Ellesha
I had this book sitting on my shelf for quite a while before I decided to read it and I wasn’t sure what to expect going into this book as it provides a very brief description of the story on the blurb.

The story itself, I am unsure on how I feel about it as it started off being quite mysterious and does draw you in straight away, however as the book went on, I felt that it just drags on a bit and some of it feels slightly unnecessary. I did feel myself just trying to get through the middle of t
Melanie (mells_view)
An enjoyable fantasy/paranormal style read! I'm thinking it would work well for the teen/YA demographic. I enjoyed it as an adult, but I do think that it's correctly placed in genre.

Well written even though it does take a moment to really get into the story. It's still a great read!
Beth
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Piper and Quinn are twins separated by their Mother when they are tiny. Piper has a good life with her Mother and Father in a nice house with a somewhat normal childhood. Quinn is left behind with their Grandmother in a remote house on the moors. Quinn is brought up in a frugal household with no schooling, harsh punishments for small misdemeanors and infrequent visits from her Mother who is indifferent to her or sometimes cruel. When their Mother dies the twins meet at her funeral and their live ...more
Maya
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
**2.5

I liked this book, though not as much as I thought I would. The reveal was very well captured - at he beginning, both twins - Piper and Quinn - are mysteries, having led very different lifestyles, with very different opinions and morals. As you get deeper into the book, you start to wonder - you were given a clue at the very beginning of the book, but it doesn't really seem to apply to anything that is going on. As far as the characters, you really don't care much for their back
PaperTigerMaddy
I received this novel as a free ARC from Netgalley.

This book is ….odd. It seems to be almost two separate stories, strung together at the middle.
For the first half of the novel, Piper and Quinn, twins reunited after a lifetime of mysterious separation, hash out their family issues in a suburban, ordinary setting following the death of their mother. It’s a strong exploration of family bonds, guilt, and the fact that perhaps none of us truly know our parents. It’s all very Jodi Picoult – thought p
Ana Garza
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To say that I had no idea what was going on half the time was an understatement, but I enjoyed every second of it. There were so many twists and turns that I eventually stopped trying to figure out what was going on and just enjoyed the ride. Which is the evil twin? Who will end up offing who? Witchcraft? Read and find out. :)
Abbie
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from Netgalley, In exchange for an honest review.)

This wasn't a bad read, but it felt like it took forever to get interesting for me. The majority of the first half of the story dragged quite badly for me because of it, and it made the book feel really long.

Overall, An okay read, but it felt rather long.
Kirsty
Not sure how I feel about this book. I sort of liked it enough to want to know what was going to happen next but I did find it difficult to follow as voices were so similar (yes I know side effect of being twins). The ending was good but not enough in middle to really hook me in fully.
-ˋˏc a i s e eˎˊ-
4.5 Stars, the ending was fantastic!!!
A little slow but still intriguing up until about 64%, but if you stick it through until the end, I promise you won't regret it.
Inês
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book!
Zaide
May 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller-horror
This was kind of a tricky one to review. I loved the sound of it from the blurb, which promised witchcraft and creepy moors, and the writing was very enjoyable but sadly the rest was a bit of a flop. The story doesn’t get to the moors until around 50% and everything before that was a little slow. We start out with Piper & Quinn meeting and getting to know each other and the differences between their lives. This first half was filled with hints and glimpses at the main twists of the story but ...more
Larissa Is Reading
This was such a good book. I was hooked from the first page! It did get a little slow towards the middle but then it went back to full speed. I loved Quinn. Not so much Piper. She was just the typical snobby rich kid who wanted everything to herself. I wanted badly for Quinn and Zak to be together. I just felt for her. She never got anything. I didn’t really like how the grandmother was portrayed in the beginning and then how all of a sudden she is the opposite of what we were told. The ending s ...more
Aimee
I received a copy of Book of Lies from Hachette New Zealand to review. I’ve read Teri’s Slated trilogy and Mind Games so when I got the chance to review this I was really excited.

This book pulled me in from the beginning. I was trying the figure out the ‘bad twin’ from the start and why they were separated after they were born. I didn’t think every thing was as it seemed but I still wasn’t sure. Which is one reason I couldn’t put this book down.

Quinn grew up being told th
Bec
Apr 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars (actual rating).
Twins who meet for the first time at their mother's funeral, what a premise right? I was super lucky to receive this as an ARC, so thank you Dymocks!
I had no idea what this would be about when I started it and I was pleasantly surprised, because witchcraft. There's definitely an undercurrent of magic throughout the beginning of the book which, coupled with Piper's and Quinn's uncertainty, conveyed a thread of intrigue for me. This is definitely why I contin
Tara
An easy to read book with a story that unfolds piece by piece and made me want to get to the end to find out what happens. I didn't really connect with any of the characters which made me not care what happened to them but I still wanted to find out what happened in the end and have a better understanding of the mystery around the hounds, the wild hunt and dark and stormy moor.

Thanks to Orchard Books and Hachette Children's Books Australia via NetGalley for a copy of this book.
Debra
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For my written review, please check out the link below:
Debra's Book Cafe

Debs :-)
Holly Sparks
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, where to begin? Teri Terry is an extremely talented writer and I thoroughly enjoyed reading my first book of hers—Book of Lies.

I was intrigued from the very start, especially when Quinn showed up out of the blue. I was hooked on a twisting, turning and terrific adventure throughout Dartmoor and the dark moors. There was something about Whistman Woods that had me shivering and cringing even though I wasn’t even there!
Arooo! Those howls…man!

This book contains so much suspense and
Samantha (WLABB)
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2017, ya, paranormal
Rating: 3.5 stars

This is one twisted family tree, and it was a creepy journey to the truth behind the lies.

•Pro: A Compelling Mystery that is a little dark and creepy.

•Pro: Terry did a great job creating an eerie atmosphere in this book, which added to the overall level of tension of this tale.

•Pro: A mysterious inheritance, a secret sister, a family curse, and dark dreams held my interest in this story.

•Pro: The book had quite a few good twists and turns to keep us from guessing
Leah
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a solid, intriguing read. I love the idea of twins, and for so long I wanted one. Wouldn't it be amazing to have someone who looks like you? Who you share everything with? Who you can use to confuse people? That's the dream!

What surprised me is how quickly Piper and Quinn got close. They knew nothing about each other really and yet Piper was willing to let Quinn come crashing into her life, although it did always feel like Piper had an ulterior motive of some kind, since it'
Danielle
Actual rating 3.5

Oh my gosh this was crazy unputdownable. With the super short chapters it was easy to get sucked in for hours on end, and I read the entire book in two sittings! I looooved the dynamics between the twins, which were incredibly realistic and showed two flawed but human characters. This pretty much made the book for me!

Granted, there wasn't much depth to anyone but Quinn and Piper, it was predictable/typical YA, some plot points were a little shaky, the mid
Desiree
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
RATING: 3.5

I feel like Book of Lies fell a bit short of being a really excellent read. Don’t get me wrong, I think it is still a good read considering the slow pacing, but I wish it could’ve focused more on the witch story part of the twins. Half of the story seemed so dragging that it took a while to get into despite the strong start. It picked up around 70% of the book, though, with revelation after revelation, twist after twist, it can get overwhelming. It was told in alternating
Kirsty
Actual rating: 3.5

This book follows a set of twins that are brought together by the death of their mother. The twins were separated as one of them was destined to turn evil.

This is quite a difficult book to rate as the pacing was quite slow moving but I was really interested in the story so I wanted to keep reading. I felt that there was a lot of build-up and the majority of the action happened in the last part of the book and was over quite quickly. I did think that the story wrapp
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Olivia Decoded (Olivia Twisted, #2)
  • Unsoul'd
  • The Witch Who Courted Death
  • Falling Hard (Roller Girls #1)
  • Final 7 (Cell 7 Trilogy #3)
  • Gap Year in Ghost Town
  • Shift (Realms, #1)
  • The Rift
  • The 100 Society
  • Found
  • The Third Heaven: The Birth of God
  • The Foretelling of Georgie Spider (The Tribe, #3)
  • All the Little Bones (Circus Hearts, #1)
  • The Gift of Light
  • Into the Abyss (Hell on Earth, Book 2)
  • The Island (The Island #1)
  • Forgotten (Fade, #3)
  • In the Devil's Own Words
Teri has lived in France, Canada, Australia and England at more addresses than she can count, acquiring three degrees, a selection of passports and a silly name along the way. Past careers have included scientist, lawyer, optometrist, and, in England, various jobs in schools, libraries and an audiobook charity. The footpaths and canal ways of the Buckinghamshire Chilterns where she now lives inspi ...more