Start by marking “The Orphan of Mecca, Book One” as Want to Read:
The Orphan of Mecca, Book One

The Orphan of Mecca, Book One

Amina prepares for college on what is expected to be an exciting first day of higher learning. When she steps onto the university campus for the first time, however, she bumps into Raja Gupta, a young, persuasive, and hot-headed university intellectual who lures her into joining a student group whose cause is the liberation of East Pakistan from West Pakistan. What follows ...more
Published September 17th 2014 by America Star Books

To ask other readers questions about The Orphan of Mecca, Book One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Orphan of Mecca, Book One

Bailey Ember
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
It's always nice reading about a different culture. Sometimes you don't realize how different things can truly be. I liked the way that Harvey Havel was able to shine some light on a culture I am not familiar with in this story.

This is a inspirational and emotional journey for these characters and I really enjoyed the emotions Havel was able to evoke from me as the reader as I followed the characters on their journey.

There are a few slower moments in the story, but I think that overall it flow
C. Gonzales
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
This novel is great for anyone who likes history and reading about different cultures.

There is quite a bit of heartache and sadness in this novel. I think I had to be in a certain mindset to read it. I'm a crier.

It's not just the forbidden romance, its the war and deception everywhere around them. As the reader there is a lot going on and plenty to keep your attention.

I can't even really pinpoint all of the different genre's this novel touches on. It is so much more than just a Fiction novel.
Gina Stamper
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This novel was very intriguing. It was different from what I was expecting and I’m happy about that.

Main characters who are easy to relate to and understand. They really appeal to the reader and you care what happens to them throughout the novel.

There are so many ups and downs and a lot woven into this first installment.
Samantha Turley
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: literary
Characterization in this novel was on point. I seriously loved everything about the main characters. There is plenty of drama and heartache and growth for these characters.
I liked how much the story flowed effortlessly. The transitions were very well written.
I personally liked the balance and restraint the author showed in his writing. It was a smooth pace.
A great start to a series.
Harvey Havel