Start by marking “Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! #1” as Want to Read:
Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! #1

Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! #1

(Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! (Single Issues) #1)

Patsy Walker has managed to escape her past, her enemies and Hell itself (literally), but nothing compares to job hunting in New York City! Between trying to make rent and dodging (literal) bullets, Patsy barely has time to deal with her mother's exploitative romance comics about her childhood resurfacing, much less how they start to interfere with her work and dating life ...more
Published December 23rd 2015 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! #1

Heatherblakely
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
First of all, I'd just like to say that I went into an actual comic store to buy this, and I didn't burst into flames or get quizzed or anything (yes, I was worried about both of those things, and what actually happened is no one bothered me and the girl at the register complimented my piercings, which is one of the easiest ways to get me in your corner). So ten points to Ravenclaw for me supporting local businesses, hooray.

This issue is really fun. It's not too serious, there's no brooding, th
Kaitlin
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who want to get into Marvel easily!
Recommended to Kaitlin by: Michael
Found that this was an excellent start point for the series and I have to say, knowing next to nothing before reading this, actually very informative too. The way this is written with funny little quips and 'breaking the fourth-wall' notes makes it very engaging for the reader as you go through. I think that the writing was excellent, and the mini chibi form of our main characters is also superb and really adds more fun to the story.

This is the start of Patsy's story. You can tell that there's a
Elise
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Patsy! I want to read more!
Tyler Kroon
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Delightfully modern, humorous, and filled with bright, vivid illustrations, Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! is a truly enjoyable read. It follows Patsy Walker (aka Hellcat) as she opens up a superhero temp agency for people with powers to put their abilities to use serving the public. She starts doing this by recruiting would-be criminals and convincing them to do good instead, but soon a villainous mastermind realizes what she's doing and sets out to stop her. A large amount of this story was spe ...more
Erika
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic
''I thought I was in bad shape. You sleep in a closet?''
''Uh, so did the world's greatest wizard? So…''

Nikki
Nov 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2016
The comic was cute, I did enjoy its self awareness and breaking of the 4th wall; however, there really wasn't enough there for me to want to continue on with the series. Cheeky, yes. Compelling, no.
Ari
(are comics grafic novelas idek)

THIS IS ABSOLUTE THE BEST MOST WONDERFUL COMIC MY FAVE!!!!!!!!!!! tbh every single page was a delight, Kate Leth is my hero, she's my best friend's hero (shout out to Marcus who insisted I read it) and it's just,,, wonderful and funnny and comfy and all the good things. and it was also lots of fun to look for lgbtq momentos (PRIDE in the bg, and 'beer with a queer' book, and two ladies holding each oother). it's really good. i read it a month ago and hinking abt
mercedes
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
i decided to take a break from thor (for sanity’s sake) — and read a few issues of hellcat. it was so enjoyable, fun, cute, and i love the themes within the comic!
Obsidian
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
So I pretty much fell in love with this character while watching Jessica Jones.

description

If you go into this thinking you are going to see more of Patsy and Jessica in this one, you are not. Or at least not so far. We have Patsy as different from her t.v. counterpart as possible.

She's employed by She-Hulk and living in a storage closet. While doing work for She-Hulk she is still doing what she can to help out others.

I think that since this is the first comic in the series I am going to give it some
Tara
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, graphicnovel, ctlc2017
Funny! The art looks a little Archie, and it suits the story. There are quick cameos from The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Thor (Val), Ms. America, Lady Hawkguy, Spectrum, Doctor Strange, Howard the Duck and Jessica Jones. Patsy Walker values her friends and isn't afraid of hard work. She's got a learn to learn to make up for when she was dead, and she's doing just fine. She has a diverse group of friends and doesn't fall for the first cute person she sees. She uses her brain and has a great sense ...more
Amber
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5++++++++ stars

Honestly, I was sold by the first page, and I'm so glad I finally grabbed the first issue. It's fun, it's modernizing her character, it's... relevant!! (C'mon, like how the Inhuman guy with powers talks about how he's lucky his are "invisible" V. interesting subtext...) The art is great, there's cat pictures at the end

It's just so... good!!

Plus, I'm super excited to see how Jen's agency is going after her solo run. There's so many little treats in this, I can't wait for more
Amy!
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
DEEELIGHTFUL. I loved everything about this, and in particular, the chibi-Hellcat we got. It was so fun and adorable, and I'm really looking forward to buying the TPB for the library.

Also, I need this variant cover on a shirt or some fabric or something. I need it.

Hellcat Variant Cover
Marisa Carpico
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
The lighter, coltish tone is a bit jarring in comparison to the way the harder version of the character on Netflix's Jessica Jones, but it's a really fun read nonetheless. The art is vibrant and clean and the way Patsy sometimes switches to a chibi version to emphasize various character moments almost makes me wish the whole book were done in that style.
Stacy Fetters
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
This has been talked about nonstop at the comic book store for months. Not a huge Marvel fan, but thought what the hell!
Hellcat does secret work, kicks ass and sleeps in a closet. Until the day from hell arrives.
A bit quirky and funny. Not sure I understand all the hype, but I'm willing to read more so Patsy can get her grounding.
Solace Winter
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's cute, but I'm not exactly sure what is going on with this story and where's it's going. That's okay, I still want to read the next one.
Karly
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So great already. I'm so glad I got this issue in print, it's hilarious and adorable. I am in!
Luisa
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
6/17/17 Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! "Hooked on a Feline" is the first of the series in a new Marvel comic that apparently brings back the red-headed crime fighter, Hellcat. I was surprised at how engaging and funny this comic was, very different from what I was expecting. Patsy Walker needs a job and an apartment both of which are scarce commodities in NYC. She connects with Ian, a reformed armored car theif who has the power of telekinesis and decides to start a temp agency for people with sp ...more
Dot
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a bright fun book, I enjoyed reading so much. The art is lovely, I'd be happy to keep looking at it day in and day out. Plus, I didn't find anything weird to look at, or uncomfortable, which I often pick out in comics - it was so ! nice to look at! The story itself is fun, and I'm excited to read more, I like the incorporation of mentioning the old romance Patsy Walker comics into the Hellcat back story. I want to learn more.

The only thing I had a little trouble with there were some moment
Jacob
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I admit I only picked this one up because it was free on the Marvel app. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised at how fun this comic was. I enjoyed Patsy fighting-off a baddie, only to bond with him over "Wicked." It was also fun to see her start a consulting business to help augmented humans who couldn't get jobs. It's a creative idea, and another way Marvel is working in the millennial lifestyle into its comics.

I think the issue could have used a bit more action -- there was a lot of, we
Jessi
I read about this book on NPR's Best Books of 2016. Apparently Hellcat has been around for awhile but I hadn't read any of her stories. In this story, Patsy Walker is just trying to build a life. She wants to be left alone. Too bad that's not happening for her.
It was an interesting start to a series but I didn't enjoy it as much as the NPR reviewer.
Chris Talbot-Heindl
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This intro was kind of "meh" for me. We're introduced to Hellcat, a stereotypical extroverted preppy girl who's been through some stuff we don't know about yet, but has come out at the other end ready to change her life.

Ian Soon is a saving grace for me from this intro issue. He's witty, he's queer, and he's kind.

Pasty Walker (aka Hellcat) offers to use her abilities to beat up a woman's boyfriend. Because reasons. o_o

It's a cute story; I like the idea of her temp agency, but it isn't a super em
Lainy122
Revamps are way better than reboots, and this ticked all the boxes! Funny, clever, interesting and killer art styles plus fun cameos! What's not to love?

(one star off for unnamed side character's lack of love interest resolution - I wanted a kiss damnit! So vague I know, but trying to avoid spoilers!)
Erin
Has a cheerful vibe similar to the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, which acts as a flaky but substantial crust to the hinted-at backstory. Here, though, Patsy is upbeat and nearly as unbeatable as Squirrel Girl as she works with her team of relatively diverse superhero friends to combat not just crime, but to deter potential criminals from ever going down that path. I found that a nice message.
Cori Dantio
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVE IT! I can't wait to read the rest of the series. I'm really excited this comic was given to me. It's a perfect way for me to enter the Marvel comic book universe. It makes me want to go find the older comics and learn all the ins and outs of the universe.
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A delightful walk through life as a superhero who just wants to hold down a regular job, Patsy Walker relates to everyone she meets with cheer and sympathy- but as she says herself, don't mistake that for softness. She will still kick evil's butt!
Beth
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Cute art, good but not great. Storyline is interesting but didn't grab me. Good for humorous-comics fans.
Tina
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute! Admittedly, I wasn't familiar with Hellcat, but the art immediately grabbed my eye, and I figured why not give it a try? I'm glad I did. Patsy is silly, quirky, cute, and I'm hooked.
Kasa
Jun 25, 2017 added it
YES. its basically squirrel girl redux and i am JUST FINE WITH THAT. also Burly Books, i mean come on
Morgan (The Bookish Beagle)
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This was really funny! I liked the humorous tone and definitely want to read more issues.
Dana Neily
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5
Great illustrations. Does silly very well but doesn't dive as deep as I would have wished.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #1
  • Lumberjanes #10
  • Girl Comics
  • Faith #1: Digital Exclusive Edition
Kate Leth (born 1989) is a comic artist and illustrator who has been posting her comics online since late 2010. She is mostly known as a webcomic artist, although she has been published in a few anthologies and occasionally sells prints of her mini-comics. She works at the comic shop "Strange Adventures" in Halifax, Canada.
She also writes for Bravest Warriors, Fraggle Rock and Edward Scissorhands

Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! #2