Start by marking “Sacrament (Companion, #xx)” as Want to Read:
Sacrament (Companion, #xx)

Sacrament

(Companion)

It began in Sienna, with an illicit kiss stolen under a hot Mediterranean sun. It made the blood sing in her veins, burn in her body in ways—in places—that she had never felt before. It was a pulsing need to be someone else; to be something else...something she didn't yet understand.

It was embodied by Davinoff. The dark lord was the epitome of beauty, of strength. He was f
Published April 1st 2007 by Love Spell (first published October 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Sacrament, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrament

Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
Buddy read with Elena on 1/22!

REVIEW

This was an enjoyable vampire book, but unfortunately it didn't quite meet my expectations. I generally like my vampire fiction to be a bit darker and sexier, and this tried to be those things, but it just fell short. Although most of the book held my attention, even if I didn't love it, the last 100 pages really bored me.

Based on the two Squires books I've read, I think my problem with her writing is that she leaves the romance to the very last. I enjoy a slo
Elena C.
Read for the URR New Year 2018 Reading Challenge: Vampire Romance.

Buddy read with Heather.

You wouldn't guess it by my rating, but when I began reading Susan Squires's Sacrament I spent a lot of time poking fun at it and rolling my eyes at what I was reading. Despite loving the nocturnal, claustrophobic and deliciously gothic atmosphere of the first chapter, I couldn’t help but feeling that I knew exactly where this was going - and wasn't especially looking forward to it. I mean, the hero is tall
☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne}
Rated 4.2 Stars

Last book of the series and I believe I'm ready for it to end. It seems I've been reading it forever. It was pretty good overall. Don't think I'll read it a third time though.
Kirsten #EndGunViolence
I've read one of the Companion Vampires series before and thought it was okay, so I wasn't expecting much from this prequel. Wow! Was I thrown for a loop!

This book was so much more than what I was expecting. The storyline wasn't just a vehicle for a vampire romance. It was in depth. In fact, the romance happened so slowly as to almost be an afterthought. I really, really enjoyed this. It makes me hope that the 2-3 star book The Hunger that I had read previously was an aberration.
Katie
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I picked this book up for $1 and it was well worth it!! The book was a wild ride with lots of action sequences and it never held still. I am not sure if it is the writer or the fact that it was written 13 years ago but I feel like today the book would have stopped after the first arc and there would have been more introspective from the leads. I love that there was some introspect but it wasn't 3/4 of the book. This book was perfect for me!
Tabetha Waite
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was one of those good books that I didn't want to put down! I loved Julien and Sarah! It's not often that I wish for more stars for a book, but even 10 wouldn't be enough for me! It had the intensity and the talented writing like A Rose in Winter by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss. Unlike most vampire novels (And I'm a fan of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward) this was the first book I'd come across that took place in the Regency era. I was instantly hooked and can't wait to check out more in ...more
V SB
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
If you're looking for "vampire" or any paranormal action here, you'll be disappointed.

I actually found the hero Julian a bit wimpy for a vampire. The last couple of chapters is focused on Sarah chasing after Julian.

Expected so much more from this book but sadly it didn't live up to it's expectation.
Paranormal Romance
The heroine is devastated when a claim is put through that her home is actually legally in the ownership of another man. The only way for her to fight the claim is to produce her legal ownership but it's gone missing under mysterious circumstances. The one responsible is a devil instead. Dressing is all black and possessing the ability to both terrify and attract every soul in any room he enters, the hero is threatening her livelihood and that's something she won't allow. But despite the fact th ...more
Emily
Sep 06, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed-books
Oh, Sacrament. Sacrament, Sacrament, Sacrament. I’d heard such good things about you before I finally read you, and I seriously feel let down, in more ways than just one.

This book had an identity crisis almost from page one. What kind of book is Sacrament? Who knows? Frankly, who cares? As a whole, this book had such potential, and all of it was squandered mercilessly.

The first part of the book introduces the motley crew of characters and sends Sarah Ashton, a supposedly independent and self-suf
Angarad
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Really good book.
The beginning might be a bit slow but you get to follow in details the different sides of the story. Sarah and Julien's love was not an easy one, even in the end. But the way its slowly develop and evolve gives you hope.
I had some trouble appreciatingvSarah's personnality in the first half. She is so weak and silent, you wished she would just throw everything away and speak her mind for once. It takes some time to get to that point but you don t regret the wait. As for Julien,
Kim Shumaker
I chose this book for a reading challenge and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It is a prequel book to the Companion Vampire series. The book could be classified as a paranormal & historical romance. I enjoyed the twist on what causes one to become a vampire as it allows the reader to see it in a different light. I'm slightly skeptical on the continuation of the series as each one can be treated as a stand-alone novel but I am hoping that there will be some overlapping of characters a ...more
Kathy Davie
Sep 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, sci-fi
Part of the Companion series, found information somewhere that claims this is a prequel.

It just amazes me how many different vampire worlds authors create...it blows my mind.

Squires has a unique twist---part monk, part virus.
Elizabeth
Dec 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
A very good historical paranormal. I read it in one great rush, and found myself compelled to continue reading late into the night. I'm not overly fond of vampires and/or vampire romances, but this one I enjoyed.
Rachel Graft
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the book to start off with if your interested in reading The Companion Series. It can be read at any time but I recommend reading this one first. Sets the tone & storyline for the rest of the series.
Anne
Jan 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z2009-bir
I loved this book. I thought it was very well done. Looking forward to reading all of her books.
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
Debbie Robson
Sep 01, 2012 marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Brandi Wamsley
Pretty good for a vampire romance. Puts a new spin on the vampire origin story.
anat
Shay
rated it it was ok
Aug 27, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• My Immortal Protector (MacDonell Brides #4)
  • Holiday With A Vampire: Christmas Cravings / Fate Calls (The Calling #6.5)
  • Demon's Hunger (Compact of Sorcerers, #2)
  • Carved in Stone (Les Gargouillen #1)
  • Once a Wolf (Historical Werewolf, #2)
  • Daughter of the Blood (The Gifted #2)
  • I Hunger for You (Primes, #3)
  • Zombie Moon
  • The Waterlord
  • Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)
  • Ricochet (Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab, #1)
  • Aftershock
  • Come to Me
  • Seduced by the Night (Night Slayer, #2)
  • Innocent Courtesan to Adventurer's Bride (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #3)
  • Parallel Heat (Midnight Warriors, #2)
  • Raging Sea (Stone Circles, #2)
Susan Squires is a NYT bestselling author known for breaking the rules of romance. Whatever her time period or subject, some element of the paranormal creeps in. She has won multiple contests for published novels and reviewer's choice awards. Publisher's Weekly named Body Electric one of the ten most influential mass market books and One with the Shadows a Best Book. Time for Eternity received a s ...more

Companion (9 books)
  • Sacrilege (Companion, #0.5)
  • The Companion (Companion, #1)
  • The Hunger (Companion, #2)
  • The Burning (Companion, #3)
  • One With the Night (Companion, #4)
  • One With the Shadows (Companion, #5)
  • One With the Darkness (Companion, #6; Da Vinci Time Travel, #1)
  • Time For Eternity (Companion, #7; Da Vinci Time Travel, #2)