Start by marking “A Minor Raven Boys Holiday Drabble (The Raven Cycle, #0.4)” as Want to Read:
A Minor Raven Boys Holiday Drabble (The Raven Cycle, #0.4)

A Minor Raven Boys Holiday Drabble

(The Raven Cycle 0.4)

"In previous years, Scholastic asked me to do a short 300 Fox Way holiday piece. This year, I decided I’d do one for Gansey. Like the 300 Fox Way piece, it takes place the December before The Raven Boys begins."
-Maggie Stiefvater

Story found at:
Published December 23rd 2015

Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy

I missed my Raven Boys so much!!!
I just couldn’t resist reading this short story. XD

I LOVE AND ADORE THEM ALL!!! <333
And of course Ronan was freaking awesome once again!

I wish Adam would have been an active part of the story too and *lol
emma
This is a perfect Christmasy image of a world that I love and if I could live inside it I'd do so in a heartbeat.

And I'm not even just saying that because of Gansey. I'm NOT.

The only critique is, obviously, that it's miles and miles too short. Which is obvious because I want to live in it and you can't live in a three-page Tumblr post. You couldn't even knit a sweater out of that word count.

Tragic. More, please!!

-------------------

GanseyGanseyGanseyGanseyGanseyGanseyGanseyGanseyGanseyGanseyGans
Kai
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
"Christmas was a dangerous time to be a broken thing."

Mysterious as always. This is not what you would call satisfying, but I'll read every TRC related snippet I can get my hands on.

Find more of my books on Instagram
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
The Raven Cycle

"Gansey was aware he needed to do something about Ronan Lynch
before Ronan did something about Ronan Lynch.
Christmas was a dangerous time to be a broken thing.
"

I don't know why i love Ronan so much.
Don't get me wrong, i adore Gansey, Adam, and Noah,
but there is just something about Ronan.
I am addicted to him. MINE!!

"The door down below slammed as Ronan entered the warehouse.
'Don’t come up, Lynch. We’re going out.'
'To do what?'
'What do we ever do?' Gansey replied. 'To find
may ❀
You know you're trash for a series (or author) when you almost hyperventilate for a 3-paged-short story. Unsurprisingly, I'm okay with this realization. . .
Stacee
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
"Gansey was full of the knowledge that he needed to do something about Ronan Lynch before Ronan did something about Ronan Lynch."

Can I just read them forever?
prag ♻
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At this point, I will read Maggie's grocery lists. I just it's just that-

*breaks down*

It's just that I love her so damn much.
amy ☂︎
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, 2019
ronan lynch shows up for two nanoseconds, insults a group of people by calling them "freak-sacks" and pretends to be tough and it’s enough to boost my mood for the rest of the year???? science explain
Elise
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

It was a short, quick drabble told from Gansey's PoV, and it wasn't much at all, but I'm glad it exists, because it was really nice to be back in TRC universe, even if it was only for a few pages.
△⃒⃘Qamar Al Oqaily ⚯͛
You know you're starting to fall for a series when a 3 paged short story gets you all excited inside .
Maria
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD where has this been all my life?
Asia
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Don’t come up, Lynch. We’re going out.”

“To do what?”

“What do we ever do?” Gansey replied. “To find a king.”

BooksAreLife
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just need more of the Raven Cycle, I need more of these characters, and it was really nice to just have a snippet of the boys before we met them. Ahh I really love Ronan :)))))
Olivia-Savannah  Roach
I'm much happier with this little short drabble. Still short, but it was good.

It had the writing that I liked and know now to be Stiefvater, it has the boys, it had some the unknown hopefulness to it often manifested in Gansey or even in his eagerness for the search. That wistfulness captured in words makes me wistful as a reader for more of their journey, and so my enjoyment of this drabble was pretty high even if it wasn't so long a piece. ;)
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I miss the Raven Boys! Great little addition for the upcoming holidays.
Jiana
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was pointless but,

“Oh,” said Noah, standing beside Gansey.
Gansey jumped. “Jesus. I didn’t know you had come back.”
“I was always here,” Noah said.

and that’s all that matters in this drabble.
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, fantasy
oh my lord, these will never be enough to satisfy my trc cravings, but they're still something.
Ophelia
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
He liked that sense that magic was coming for him, instead of the other way around. The door down below slammed as Ronan entered the warehouse. “Don’t come up, Lynch. We’re going out.”

“To do what?”

“What do we ever do?” Gansey replied. “To find a king.”

Oh I'm missing the boys & Blue so much!
Giulia
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"Christmas was a dangerous time to be a broken thing"

This was a very short story but still cute.
Nothing ground-breaking or heart-stopping but still okay and enjoyable.
But, again, I can't really give this more than two stars. It didn't add anything to the story.
elena
Raven boys and Christmas! What more could a girl want?
Ylenia
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Sabrina
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Noah, Ronan and Gansey, MY BOYS :)
Lior
Nov 20, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WHAT IS THIS AND HOW DO I GET IT
Julia (ten_thousand_books)
“Oh,” said Noah, standing beside Gansey.
   Gansey jumped. “Jesus. I didn’t know you had come back.”
   “I was always here,” Noah said.

As soon as Noah’s name is mentioned..
*flails around screeching with joy*

What’s the name of that song?”
   The singing did not pause, but the deer skull wheeled up to look at them in the window, feathers fluttering blue and black around the bone.
   “Creepy,” Noah said.
   “Regional flavor,” Gansey said.
   “ ‘The Raven King’,” said the deer skull. Maybe the deer skul
Cassandra {semi-hiatus}

This may have only been three pages, but it rekindled a love that had never really died anyway. Now I'm yearning for a Raven Boys reread...

I love these boys so much.

“Creepy,” Noah said.

“Regional flavor,” Gansey said.
Apr 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I love these little free short stories (you can read this one here: http://maggie-stiefvater.tumblr.com/p...).

Gansy and the boys at Monmouth get an interesting visit by some carolers. This is super short so I don't want to say too much but it was nice to get another glimpse at Gansey and the boys.
Rikke
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
"There shouldn’t have been carolers, but there were."

That's it!! Now, I really can't wait to read the Raven King! This might have been a short short story, but still, it was like being back with a copy of the RC and the real world far away, if only for a few minutes.

Liam
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it
I miss these characters so much... This was a nice little seasonal read that left me wanting even more from these characters, ugh I really do miss them!!
Silke
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
That healed my wounds a bit, I'm still heartbroken from finishing this series though. But hell, I'd give anything that features my dear raven boys 5 stars because I love them so freaking much.
Catarina (TravelerBetweenWorlds)
This short story is set also in Christmas and in Gansey's POV and it was too short!! I love him so bad and there's no changing that.

This doesn't add nothing in particular to the main story but if you like the raven boys, you should definitely read this because we can never have enough of them! :D

• Not for Humans
  • Other Worlds
  • Crow Memory (The Blood Journals, #1.5)
  • Twilight, Choking on Owl Feathers
  • Tigers in the Cage (The Great Library #0.1)
  • The Seer's Spread (Beautiful Creatures: The Untold Stories, #2)
  • The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #1.5)
  • Green but for a Season (Captive Prince Short Stories, #1)
  • Girls Day Out (The Syrena Legacy, #2.5)
  • The Memory Coder
  • The Language of Knives
  • Lightspeed Magazine, November 2013
  • Grace of Vernow (Eldentimber, #0.5)
  • The Audition (Seraphina, #0.5)
  • Of Fire and Ash (Fairy Queens, #1.5)
  • Scorpio Loops Virgo (Signs of Love, #2.5)
  • The Legend of the Golden Raven (The Wicker King #1.5)
New York Times bestselling author of The Shiver Trilogy, The Raven Cycle, and The Scorpio Races. Artist. Driver of things with wheels. Avid reader.

All of Maggie Stiefvater's life decisions have been formed by a desire to leave a mark, resulting in spray-painted cars, sharpie-covered computer printers, ink-splattered walls, and stories told in books, in magazines, and on stages. Maggie Stiefvater l

The Raven Cycle (4 books)
  • The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)
“Gansey was full of the knowledge that he needed to do something about Ronan Lynch before Ronan did something about Ronan Lynch. Christmas was a dangerous time to be a broken thing.” 3 likes
“Gansey was full of the knowledge that he needed to do something about Ronan Lynch before Ronan did something about Ronan Lynch. Christmas was a dangerous time to be a broken thing; the weight of tradition and history could too easily sink a lethargic swimmer.” 1 likes