Start by marking “Chasing Nathan” as Want to Read:
Chasing Nathan

Chasing Nathan

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Jeanette Hubbard's humorous style of suspense writing has been compared to Carl Hiaasen and Janet Evanovich. In this quirky follow-up novel, a chance encounter in a remote forest campground plunges plucky retiree Claudie O'Brien into a vortex of crime, kidnapping, and a marijuana hijacking. A pleasant dinner with Nathan, the gentleman at the next campsite, is disrupted by ...more
Published June 7th 2016 by Promontory Press

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Nathan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Nathan

D.J. Adamson
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Keywords: Humor, humor and suspense. The first two keywords only adds to the fun of the third. Jeanette Hubbard’s novel is unique in that the characters are both in their “senior” years. Yes, adventure still awaits those seeking rest and relaxation. The second book for Hubbard, Chasing Nathan is delightfully fun as well as an entertaining read.
This review can be read at: Le Coeur de l'Artiste, http://www.djadamson.com/le-coeur-de-...
Donna Barker
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I never read back cover blurbs before I read a book, so I had no idea what the premise of Chasing Nathan was. I read the book since I loved Hubbard's first novel, Secrets, Lies and Champagne Highs.

This book is a fun and quick read since it's one of those "just one more chapter" stories... the pacing is great, the characters are both quirky yet believable, and the Border Collie's role in the plot creates some fun twists.

If you're a fan of humor, crime and/or mystery stories, this is definitely
Cherie O'Boyle
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Claudie O’Brien is my new best literary friend. Spunky, smart, and courageous. I first met her in Secrets, Lies, and Champagne Highs, where she accidentally shot herself in the head with a champagne cork while trying to kill herself with drugs and alcohol. Really got to know her much better in the clever Chasing Nathan. Compelling descriptions of the rugged coastal range mountains in Southern Oregon, were delightful. If you like Carl Hiaasen, you're going to love Chasing Nathan.
Seraphia
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-shelf, suspense
Chasing Nathan by Jeanette Hubbard is a fun drama story about Claudie and Nathan who unexpectedly get caught up in a drug deal going down in their own ways. Nathan unfortunately is kidnapped and Claudie ends up being pursued because of a dog that she befriends who belongs to the girlfriend (or ex- girlfriend) of one of the thieves. After all the commotion one night at a campground that they both happen to be at Nathan ends up being abducted because the thieves aren’t that bright really and mess ...more
Lee
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is a fun one to read. Claudie and Nathan are older folks camping at the same campsite, and they get caught up in a drug deal going bad. The dumb and dumber bad guys kidnap Nathan and his RV, so they have a place to stash all their marijuana that they are supposed to be selling. They have to meet up with the buyer, but stuff keeps happening to delay them. It's almost a slapstick comedy with all the goofy bad guys. Claudie takes in the bad guy's dog that they were treating bad, and quick ...more
Brenda
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"We're not old, we're well seasoned." Is the perfect description of Nathan and Claudie and many of us in our 60s. I loved this book.

Nathan owns a bookstore in Sisters. When he parks is RV at a local camping grounds he meets independent Claudie who is fighting to set up her new tent. Both are in their 60s, healthy and not looking for a mate.

In the morning, when Nathan and his RV are gone after a the late night arrival of noisy obnoxious neighbours who disrupted their lovely dinner together, Claud
Patty
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chasing Nathan by Jeanette Hubbard was a very enjoyable book featuring Claudie O'Brien, an independent women in her 60's. Claudie runs in to Nathan, who she knows by going into his book store, when they are camping separately. While having dinner together at Claudie's camp site trouble comes into the campground. The book never slows down until the end.

Chasing Nathan was a fast paced story that had more twists and turns, which kept me reading page after page. Characters and plot were well though
Evonne Hutton
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an outstanding book! I laughed until I had to take a break before I could carry on. I still can not decide what was the funniest part. The plots within the plot, the strong characters as opposed to the inbred ones or the revolving door of people.I will be reading more from this terrific author.
If you intend buying 1 book, make it this one.
I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else’s. Just to be perfectly honest, I will be re-reading
Valerie
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Started off slow for me, but once the pace picked up I felt like I couldn't put it down. The suspense and drama in this story were set off perfectly by the author with just the right amount of humor in the right places! This story left me wanting more and I will be looking for more books by this author.
Debbie
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved reading this book! It was a mystery, there was suspense and a lot of action. Nathan was the coolest. I laughed out several times. The bad guys are so stupid, they are hilarious. SMH as I write this and remember them. The book even mentioned something about "dumb and dumber" and that they were. Their logic blew me away several times.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and hope to see more of Nathan in the future. He leads a very interesting and mysterious life.

Huge thanks to Romontory
Bennett Coles
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A funny, sassy romp through rural Oregon, with bumbling thieves, lots of bikers and, in the centre of it all, one sexy sixty-year-old. Great fun!
Carolyn Woods
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this book we're introduced to Nathan and Claudia, two ordinary-seeming characters who are slightly acquainted and run into each other at a campground. In the middle of the night a drug heist leads to the kidnapping of Nathan. The rest of the book follows Claudia as she tries to locate Nathan, and Nathan as he tries to escape from the criminals.

Although the plot sounds serious in this description, it was actually pretty lighthearted, and funny in a slapstick kind of way - just when things seem
Jeanette Hubbard
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: good-books
Well, I wrote it so of course I think it's good. I had a lot of fun putting Claudie O'Brien in the middle of trouble and I threw in a little love interest. Some of the bad guys are funny and not so irredeemable, and some are really bad. Claudie takes them on, and they will never underestimate older women ever again. Claudie Rules!
Destiny Brown
Rachel Koch Gonzalez
Phyllis Krall
Diane
May 25, 2016
  • Eden's Ore: Revelations (Eden's Ore, #2)
  • Destiny's Second Chance
  • Dark Seed
  • Mick Abruzzo: The Second Wire (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #9.5)
  • The Man With the Overcoat
  • The Light of Grace
  • Twitter for Dummies
  • Neworld Papers
  • A Lesson in Love
Jeanette Hubbard was brought up in Iowa to be a very good girl. Then she moved to Portland, Oregon, the city that prides itself on weird. She has utilized her degree in English from the University of Iowa in a variety of jobs, including driving a school bus, selling car insurance, and growing, (and sometimes killing), plants at her wholesale nursery west of Portland. She now lives with her Border ...more