Start by marking “Protagonist Bound (Crisanta Knight, #1)” as Want to Read:
Protagonist Bound (Crisanta Knight, #1)

Protagonist Bound

(Crisanta Knight #1)

I was going to be a great protagonist. At least that's what my mom, Cinderella, kept telling me. I, however, had my doubts. Unlike most main characters at Lady Agnue's School for Princesses & Other Female Protagonists, I was opinionated, bold, and headstrong.

Moreover, for a princess, I had a lot of issues. I'm talking vicious nightmares about people I've never met, a
Published May 1st 2016 by Boutique of Quality Books

To ask other readers questions about Protagonist Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protagonist Bound

Start your review of Protagonist Bound (Crisanta Knight, #1)
Carrie
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Crisanta Knight is the daughter of Cinderella and attends Lady Agnue's School for Princesses & Other Female Protagonists with her friends S.J. and Blue. S.J. stands for Snow White Jr. and Blue is Little Red Riding Hood's sister. The girls all attend the school because they are among the ones that have been written to eventually become future protagonists much like their famous family members.

Every protagonist is chosen and trained because one day the author will begin to write their story.
MelaDWolf
When you see that I marked this book like a dnf, please don't think''Oh, one more bad book.'' Because this one is not that.
If you like/love YA, please continue with reading this review because I'm going to give you a reason why you should read this one.

Yes, I DNF this book, but that is only because I can't feel YA anymore. It is like when I'm reading it all time I'm thinking ''I need more!!''. And no, that is not only with new YA books that I was reading, it happened with my old favourites
Bambi Quim
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm obviously in the minority on this book, but I really, really didn't enjoy it. I thank Netgalley for offering me an ARC, but honestly, had to skim most of it, because I was not a fan of the writing style. The idea of a "fairy tale school" was done better by Somain Chainani, and the author really beat the reader over the head with the concepts that maybe women don't need men to rescue them.

Not a fan, don't recommend.
THT Steph
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
There seems to be a lot of books that have come out recently that have that 'I am princess, hear me roar" thing going on, and it is getting a little played out, but...
Crisanta Knight is not your average feminist fairytale remake. There is a lot of originality with the characters, setting, and the storyline in general. We're talking daughters of famous princesses, and other protagonist relations! So cool!
Culbertson's writing is fresh and fun, and she has a way of adding enough sass to her girls
Lexxi Kitty
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and Boutique of Quality Books in exchange for an honest review.

This is both the first book I've read by this author and the first book in this series. I found the book somewhat randomly when I was searching through NetGalley to see if there was anything interesting to read. This one caught my eye, and I'm glad it did.

There's some kind of addictive/hypnotic quality to the writing that caused me to want to keep reading, to continue following along as
Sara Zaninelli
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: collaborazioni
“I was not opposed to being a princess. I was simply against the idea that it was the only thing I could be. I was fighting to be something more, not necessarily something else.”

Thank you to the author for gifting me with a digital copy of her novel.
This book was extremely fun. Crisanta is Cinderella’s daughter and she goes to a school where they teach her how to be a perfect princess, a damsel in distress. Together with Snow White’s daughter and Little Red Riding Hood’s sister, she dreams to
Leandra
Thank you NetGalley for sending me a free copy of this book

This book was really good and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a good fairytale. It has an awesome princess/badass heroine protagonist, a fairytale mixup and a great moral backstory. What more do you want?

Crisanta Knight is Cinderella's daughter, destined to become a new princess, who should be completely complacent, submissive and above all, extremely princess-like. This is what she gets taught at her
Izabella (Pages Full of Stars)
"The idea to change our lives, take our fates into our own hands, and decide who we were for ourselves - it was an insane, beautiful, tempting idea that could not be extinguished now that we'd given life to it."

My rating: 3.5

Crisanta Knight: Protagonist Bound by Geanna Culbertson is an interesting take on fairytale lore and a fun adventure story that will appeal to all fairytale or fantasy lovers.

As a daughter of the famous Cinderella and Prince Charming, Crisanta Knight is predestined to
Hannah
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People looking for an engaging fairytale
4.5 Stars.

I received a copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Usually when I'm reading a NetGalley book, I'm aware that it is a review copy. This leads to me being more aware of potential mistakes and elements of the book that I didn't like. However, when I was reading Crisanta Knight I didn't find this to be the case. I actually found that I kept thinking that it was an e-book I had just bought off of Amazon.
This book was well written, and I enjoyed the first person POV. I saw
Marjorie
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

The premise of the book is actually a really good one. The Fairytales we grew up with are all true and the people in them real; so real that they inhabit a land called Book where time passes differently so even the oldest heroes and heroines are still alive and kicking. The thing is they have had children now and this is the tale of some of them - Crisa is Cinderella's daughter and her BFF is none other than Snow White's daughter and the other is Red Riding Hood's. Stuck in boarding
Patricia Hamill
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One word, delightful.

Crisanta Knight: Protagonist Bound is sort of a fairytale descendant version of Harry Potter, but unlike Harry, Crisanta isn’t a chosen one or unfamiliar with her lot in life. She knows exactly what’s expected of her, but she doesn’t plan to succumb to that fate easily. Her friends Blue and SJ are in the same situation, mostly, but Crisanta is the leader among them.

So what did I like? First off the tone and conversational first person perspective, youthful, but not corny.
Julianne
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Finished!
This is a great start to a new series. I was also correct in the fact that it wouldn't take me very long to read (I probably finished it ten minutes ago from when I started this review.
Crisanta Knight is a very fun character. She's sassy and bold and more like a normal teen girl than a princess. Her relationships with other characters were very well developed, and I like the fact that it's not just a fairytale school, it's a protagonist school. But they're still sexist, so yeah.
Rebecca Harper
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal book! It was was fun, funny, exciting, and there were plenty of ongoing plot mysteries that I look forward to delving into in future books. I wish the second book was coming out sooner. I need answers, like now!

I loved the main character of Crisa. She is super bad-ass and sassy, but she also had a really good heart and was easy to connect with. There's a lot of good underlying themes in the book--taking fate into your own hands being a big one. And the world was super
Books In Brogan
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-reviews
A great beginning for anew series Crisanta Knight: Protagonist Bound is anoutstanding book the writing, pace and premiss are very well done the story keeps you turning the page in antisipaton ofwhat will happen next. While the book is a little long, not a page of it is waisted so you don't mind the length and it canbe enjoyed by all ages.

I can't wait for the next one in the series.This review was originally posted on Books In Brogan
Erica F
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bold, imaginative, interest-grabbing and all around superb. As I read though this book the story kept me involved as I attempted to form theories about the connections between characters and what will happen next. I'm a huge fan of books in a series, so I am ecstatic to know that this is an 8 book series!! I highly recommend to anyone who likes fiction and fairy tales. My little cousin is reading the book, and my mom already finished it--both are also in love with Geanna's book (she's the ...more
Sabrina
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book is a land of fairytales; princesses, heroes and heroines... plus the other people that stay on the sidelines and make up the world that the protagonists live in. All sounds perfectly magical until you're hit by your prologue prophecy and you find out what the authors have in store for you. WARNING - this is book 1 of a series, which I didn't realise until about 5 pages to the end so I've been left hanging until the next is released!
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Told not Shown

I really wanted to like this book-- the premise and creativity had great promise for a fun read. However it became incredibly boring after the novelty wore off. Everything was explained-- told and not shown. Information was frequently repeated, why she had these feelings of dread regarding her visions, etc. Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls has a similar storyline and has a stronger, more engaging writing style.

Also, frogs are amphibians, not reptiles...
Riddhi
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this book with the help of NetGalley.This book is very different and amazing.I look forward to reading the next book.
Brenda Schneider
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good story to get lost in.
Tuba Sayed
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it
2. 5 stars.
Interesting, really interesting (here comes the cursed but, ooops) BUT it could've been a lot better.
Give it a try *shrugs*
Victoria
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Carmen
Oct 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
I'm sorry. I tried to give this book a solid chance. I think I read about 30% before giving up. I may possibly come back to it someday but for now, it's just not making the cut. I didn't feel the main character was in any peril. There was no driving force that made me anxious to find out what was happening next.
Pradeep Gunda
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked Crisa and her friends adventures so much.
Book was awesome.
Leanne Chu
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one of the books that you do not want to put down once you've picked it up. I finished it in one go (code for: I started reading at 11pm and finished 5.30am.)

This story is about the life of the children of the protagonists in those classic fairytales everyone grew up listening to. I know this idea is hardly novel but nevertheless, the way it is put in this book, how there are two schools for the guy and the girl protagonists, is interesting.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

What I think is
Eric
Average storytelling (not better than similar tries elsewhere), let down by badly misused (in the sense of “erm, this word really does not mean that”) purple prose.
Alexa
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A delightful and fresh take on the fairy-tale realm with a princess destined to kick butt!

Crisa’s sassy and hilarious perspective on the world around her ensures I giggled my way through Book 1. Most of my favorite moments are the ingenious metaphors littered throughout the book, perfectly communicating the scene and Crisa’s opinions. Ultimately though, I was propelled through the pages by the mounting mystery and intrigue lurking under the sparkling fairy-tale façade.

Crisa, Cinderella’s
Sai Sruthi
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Crisanta Knight isn't your average type of princess.Though she lives in the land of Book, where people's destinies are decided by the Author, she is determined to live just as she likes. Stuck at Lady Agnue's School for Princesses & other female Protagonists, sewing, being graceful and learning to be proficient at all the arts of being a Princess, spunky Crisa would give anything to learn the things that the boys learnt at Lord
Kim
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Protagonist Bound is a refreshing take on the world of fairy tales. Set in the fictional world of Book, it follows the adventures of Crisanta Knight who, despite her royal pedigree, is determined NOT to become a typical fairy tale princess. This does not sit well with her parents and teachers who expect her to fulfill her expected role. Adventures and hijinks ensue.

I really enjoyed this book. It was intelligently written and the characters were easy to identify with. There's drama, suspense, a
Tara Noah
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
I really enjoyed the storyline, it was the terrible writing I had a hard time with. It was like the author sat with a thesaurus and needlessly changed every word she could to a $5 word, which makes reading annoyingly sluggish because it's in no way how anyone speaks. Good writing has a good variety of word choice and this book fell terribly short on that. I'd love to find out what happens in the rest of the story...the remainder of the series....but I don't want to subject myself to the writing ...more
Lia Brent
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-books
Teen rebelling against social station? Check! Tomboy girl who likes boots, not glass slippers? Check! A cheeky first-person narrative? Check! A cast of like-minded friends? Check! Based on favorite fairy tale characters? Check! I love this because it’s familiar and fun (and I love the concept since I love Disney and their Descendants stories). Fun adventure tales for the girl who doesn’t want to be told how to act or be pigeonholed as a pretty, privileged princess. I only read the first in this ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Confessions of a Queen B* (The Queen B*, #1)
  • The Wendy (Tales of the Wendy, #1)
  • Miss Mabel's School for Girls (The Network Series, #1)
  • The Marquise and Her Cat (Fairy Tale Kingdoms, #1)
  • Hidden Monster (Monsters Among Us, #1)
  • The Truth Spell (Werewolf High #1)
  • Must Love Ghosts
  • Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #1)
  • Witch Ways (Witch Ways, #1)
  • Bellamy and The Brute (Bellamy and the Brute, #1)
  • Golden (Golden, #1)
  • A Thousand Faces
  • Werewolf High: The Complete Freshman Year: Books 1-3
  • The Body Swap (Werewolf High #3)
  • The Tiny Curse (Werewolf High #2)
  • How to be a Mermaid (The Cotton Candy Quintet #1)
  • Goblin Fruit
  • A Court for Thieves (A Throne for Sisters, #2)
Geanna Culbertson adores chocolate chip cookies, watching Netflix in pajamas, and the rain. Of course, in her case, the latter is kind of hard to come by. As her dad notes, In California, we don't have seasons, we have special effects. On the flip side, she is deeply afraid of ice skating and singing in public. Although, she forces herself to do both on occasion because she believes facing your ...more

Crisanta Knight (7 books)
  • The Severance Game (Crisanta Knight, #2)
  • Inherent Fate (Crisanta Knight, #3)
  • The Liar, The Witch, & The Wormhole (Crisanta Knight, #4)
  • To Death & Back (The Crisanta Knight #5)
  • The Lost King (Crisanta Knight #6)
  • Crisanta Knight Series (5 Book Series)
“That, in a word, irritated me.” 1 likes
“Bow. A moment later I pulled a newly transformed, silver and slightly glowing archer’s bow from my bag. Daniel stared at me in disbelief. “You carry a bow in your purse?” “Well, with all the lipstick and perfume there was no room for a machete. Yes, I carry a bow in my purse, Daniel.” 0 likes