Start by marking “Crisanta Knight: : Protagonist Bound (Book #1)” as Want to Read:
Crisanta Knight: : Protagonist Bound (Book #1)

Crisanta Knight: : Protagonist Bound

(Crisanta Knight #1)

I was going to be a great protagonist. At least that's what my mom, Cinderella, kept telling me. I, however, had my doubts. Unlike most main characters at Lady Agnue's School for Princesses & Other Female Protagonists, I was opinionated, bold, and headstrong.

Moreover, for a princess, I had a lot of issues. I'm talking vicious nightmares about people I've never met, a tota
Published May 1st 2016 by BQB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Crisanta Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crisanta Knight

Start your review of Crisanta Knight: : Protagonist Bound (Book #1)
Carrie
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Crisanta Knight is the daughter of Cinderella and attends Lady Agnue's School for Princesses & Other Female Protagonists with her friends S.J. and Blue. S.J. stands for Snow White Jr. and Blue is Little Red Riding Hood's sister. The girls all attend the school because they are among the ones that have been written to eventually become future protagonists much like their famous family members.

Every protagonist is chosen and trained because one day the author will begin to write their story. They
MelaDWolf
When you see that I marked this book like a dnf, please don't think''Oh, one more bad book.'' Because this one is not that.
If you like/love YA, please continue with reading this review because I'm going to give you a reason why you should read this one.

Yes, I DNF this book, but that is only because I can't feel YA anymore. It is like when I'm reading it all time I'm thinking ''I need more!!''. And no, that is not only with new YA books that I was reading, it happened with my old favourites one
Athena (OneReadingNurse)
Oof I read this some time back in october and found it on my to be read shelf still!

Full review is up on blog but here is my IG blurb:

A princess in the world of Book, she is bound by her fate to a rather dull life. Or is she? I love how Crisa challenges her path in life and knows that she can be more than a prince's wife, a damsel in distress, or one of the other princess-like things that female protagonists in Book can be. She wants to be a hero! You guys know how I love clean reads too, i wou
Bambi Quim
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm obviously in the minority on this book, but I really, really didn't enjoy it. I thank Netgalley for offering me an ARC, but honestly, had to skim most of it, because I was not a fan of the writing style. The idea of a "fairy tale school" was done better by Somain Chainani, and the author really beat the reader over the head with the concepts that maybe women don't need men to rescue them.

Not a fan, don't recommend.
Lexxi Kitty
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and Boutique of Quality Books in exchange for an honest review.

This is both the first book I've read by this author and the first book in this series. I found the book somewhat randomly when I was searching through NetGalley to see if there was anything interesting to read. This one caught my eye, and I'm glad it did.

There's some kind of addictive/hypnotic quality to the writing that caused me to want to keep reading, to continue following along as t
Patricia Hamill
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One word, delightful.

Crisanta Knight: Protagonist Bound is sort of a fairytale descendant version of Harry Potter, but unlike Harry, Crisanta isn’t a chosen one or unfamiliar with her lot in life. She knows exactly what’s expected of her, but she doesn’t plan to succumb to that fate easily. Her friends Blue and SJ are in the same situation, mostly, but Crisanta is the leader among them.

So what did I like? First off the tone and conversational first person perspective, youthful, but not corny. C
Sara Zaninelli
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: collaborazioni
“I was not opposed to being a princess. I was simply against the idea that it was the only thing I could be. I was fighting to be something more, not necessarily something else.”

Thank you to the author for gifting me with a digital copy of her novel.
This book was extremely fun. Crisanta is Cinderella’s daughter and she goes to a school where they teach her how to be a perfect princess, a damsel in distress. Together with Snow White’s daughter and Little Red Riding Hood’s sister, she dreams to
Leandra
Thank you NetGalley for sending me a free copy of this book

This book was really good and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a good fairytale. It has an awesome princess/badass heroine protagonist, a fairytale mixup and a great moral backstory. What more do you want?

Crisanta Knight is Cinderella's daughter, destined to become a new princess, who should be completely complacent, submissive and above all, extremely princess-like. This is what she gets taught at her fairyt
Izabella (Pages Full of Stars)
"The idea to change our lives, take our fates into our own hands, and decide who we were for ourselves - it was an insane, beautiful, tempting idea that could not be extinguished now that we'd given life to it."

My rating: 3.5

Crisanta Knight: Protagonist Bound by Geanna Culbertson is an interesting take on fairytale lore and a fun adventure story that will appeal to all fairytale or fantasy lovers.

As a daughter of the famous Cinderella and Prince Charming, Crisanta Knight is predestined to be
Hannah
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People looking for an engaging fairytale
4.5 Stars.

I received a copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Usually when I'm reading a NetGalley book, I'm aware that it is a review copy. This leads to me being more aware of potential mistakes and elements of the book that I didn't like. However, when I was reading Crisanta Knight I didn't find this to be the case. I actually found that I kept thinking that it was an e-book I had just bought off of Amazon.
This book was well written, and I enjoyed the first person POV. I saw
Marjorie
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

The premise of the book is actually a really good one. The Fairytales we grew up with are all true and the people in them real; so real that they inhabit a land called Book where time passes differently so even the oldest heroes and heroines are still alive and kicking. The thing is they have had children now and this is the tale of some of them - Crisa is Cinderella's daughter and her BFF is none other than Snow White's daughter and the other is Red Riding Hood's. Stuck in boarding sch
Julianne
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Finished!
This is a great start to a new series. I was also correct in the fact that it wouldn't take me very long to read (I probably finished it ten minutes ago from when I started this review.
Crisanta Knight is a very fun character. She's sassy and bold and more like a normal teen girl than a princess. Her relationships with other characters were very well developed, and I like the fact that it's not just a fairytale school, it's a protagonist school. But they're still sexist, so yeah. Bu
Rebecca Harper
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal book! It was was fun, funny, exciting, and there were plenty of ongoing plot mysteries that I look forward to delving into in future books. I wish the second book was coming out sooner. I need answers, like now!

I loved the main character of Crisa. She is super bad-ass and sassy, but she also had a really good heart and was easy to connect with. There's a lot of good underlying themes in the book--taking fate into your own hands being a big one. And the world was super interesting--ver
Books In Brogan
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-reviews
A great beginning for a new series Crisanta Knight: Protagonist Bound is an outstanding book the writing, pace and premiss are very well done the story keeps you turning the page in antisipaton of what will happen next. While  the book is a little long, not a page of it is waisted so you don't mind the length and it can be enjoyed by all ages.

I can't wait for the next one in the series.This review was originally posted on Books In Brogan
THT Steph
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
There seems to be a lot of books that have come out recently that have that 'I am princess, hear me roar" thing going on, and it is getting a little played out, but...
Crisanta Knight is not your average feminist fairytale remake. There is a lot of originality with the characters, setting, and the storyline in general. We're talking daughters of famous princesses, and other protagonist relations! So cool!
Culbertson's writing is fresh and fun, and she has a way of adding enough sass to her girls w
Erica F
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bold, imaginative, interest-grabbing and all around superb. As I read though this book the story kept me involved as I attempted to form theories about the connections between characters and what will happen next. I'm a huge fan of books in a series, so I am ecstatic to know that this is an 8 book series!! I highly recommend to anyone who likes fiction and fairy tales. My little cousin is reading the book, and my mom already finished it--both are also in love with Geanna's book (she's the author ...more
Sophia
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
Absolutely loved it. The premise was imaginative and I really enjoyed reading about the characters and the world of Book. The world itself was fantastic and I hope to learn more about the different kingdoms as the characters pursue their journey towards the Author and the outside world. I thought that it was a very clever concept to have some characters be protagonist bound and others able to live their lives freely. I can't wait to read the second book.

This book was sent to me by Netgalley in e
Sabrina
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bbnya
Book is a land of fairytales; princesses, heroes and heroines... plus the other people that stay on the sidelines and make up the world that the protagonists live in. All sounds perfectly magical until you're hit by your prologue prophecy and you find out what the authors have in store for you. WARNING - this is book 1 of a series, which I didn't realise until about 5 pages to the end so I've been left hanging until the next is released! ...more
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Told not Shown

I really wanted to like this book-- the premise and creativity had great promise for a fun read. However it became incredibly boring after the novelty wore off. Everything was explained-- told and not shown. Information was frequently repeated, why she had these feelings of dread regarding her visions, etc. Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls has a similar storyline and has a stronger, more engaging writing style.

Also, frogs are amphibians, not reptiles...
Brenda Schneider
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good story to get lost in.
Riddhi
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this book with the help of NetGalley.This book is very different and amazing.I look forward to reading the next book.
T S
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it
2. 5 stars.
Interesting, really interesting (here comes the cursed but, ooops) BUT it could've been a lot better.
Give it a try *shrugs*
Victoria
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
ReadingInPyjamas
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Protagonist Bound is a fun and intriguing story following Crisanta Knight, Cinderella's daughter. She lives in a world called Book, a land of 26 Kingdoms, a fairytale setting where some of the people who live here know how their story will turn out (their lives being constructed by the Author). But Crisanta is not happy with knowing that she will end up living a dull life, locked up in a castle with a prince she doesn't care for in the least. She wants to carve her own destiny and not become a d ...more
Come_read_with_me_
Jun 29, 2020 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book.

Cristana Knight, Cris, is Cinderella's daughter. Living in the land of "book", Cristana attends school like every other girl. The only difference is, Cristana's classes include D.I.D. (Damsels in Distress classes). Within this world, it is known that some people are main characters and others are support characters. Each character is under the control of the Author who lives in Indexland. Cristana wants to take control of her own life, She doesn't want to be
Carmen
Oct 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
I'm sorry. I tried to give this book a solid chance. I think I read about 30% before giving up. I may possibly come back to it someday but for now, it's just not making the cut. I didn't feel the main character was in any peril. There was no driving force that made me anxious to find out what was happening next. ...more
Pradeep Gunda
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked Crisa and her friends adventures so much.
Book was awesome.
Leanne Chu
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one of the books that you do not want to put down once you've picked it up. I finished it in one go (code for: I started reading at 11pm and finished 5.30am.)

This story is about the life of the children of the protagonists in those classic fairytales everyone grew up listening to. I know this idea is hardly novel but nevertheless, the way it is put in this book, how there are two schools for the guy and the girl protagonists, is interesting.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

What I think is brillia
Angel White
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Crisanta Knight, daughter of Cinderella, has had her life mapped since the day she was born. Everyone in the land of Book has their role to play, already chosen for them, by the Author. Crisanta does not want to play this fated part and be an ordinary princess...she wants to like a pumpkin...and become something more than people expect. How she is going to accomplish this, has yet to be figured out. But then when has the impossible ever stopped her from trying?

Ok, I told myself no more series un
Alexa
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A delightful and fresh take on the fairy-tale realm with a princess destined to kick butt!

Crisa’s sassy and hilarious perspective on the world around her ensures I giggled my way through Book 1. Most of my favorite moments are the ingenious metaphors littered throughout the book, perfectly communicating the scene and Crisa’s opinions. Ultimately though, I was propelled through the pages by the mounting mystery and intrigue lurking under the sparkling fairy-tale façade.

Crisa, Cinderella’s daugh
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Between Cases (The City Between, #7)
  • Between Walls (The City Between #6)
  • All the Different Shades of Blue (The City Between, #6.5)
  • Between Shifts (The City Between, #2)
  • Between Frames (The City Between, #4)
  • Between Floors (The City Between, #3)
  • Between Homes (The City Between, #5)
  • Cloudy With a Chance of Dropbears (The City Between, #5.5)
  • Mary Bennet and the Bingley Codex (Regency Mage #1)
  • Don't Kiss the Messenger (Edgelake High School, #1)
  • Cupids Arrow
  • The Story That Made Me
  • My Fair Assassin (Paranormal Misfits, #1)
  • Changing Ways (Changing Ways, #1)
  • A Bull For Pluto: A Slave's Story, Book 2 (A Slave's Story Trilogy)
  • Strawberries and Strangers (Pelican Cove #1)
  • Dead at Twilight (Shaded Falls, #1)
  • Squirrel & Swan Stolen Things (S & S Investigations Book 4)
Geanna Culbertson is the award-winning author of The Crisanta Knight Series, a fairytale fantasy epic told from the empowering perspective of Cinderella’s daughter. Since Book One’s release in May 2016, the series has won many awards, including a Mom’s Choice Award for best family-friendly media, a Living Now Choice Award for “best lifestyle and world-changing books” in adventure fiction, a Benjam ...more

Crisanta Knight (8 books)
  • Crisanta Knight: The Severance Game (Book #2)
  • Crisanta Knight: Inherent Fate (Book #3)
  • Crisanta Knight: The Liar, the Witch, & the Wormhole (Book #4)
  • Crisanta Knight: To Death & Back (Book #5)
  • Crisanta Knight: The Lost King (Book #6)
  • Crisanta Knight: Into the Gray (Book #7)
  • Crisanta Knight: Midnight Law (Book #8)

News & Interviews

“Bow. A moment later I pulled a newly transformed, silver and slightly glowing archer’s bow from my bag. Daniel stared at me in disbelief. “You carry a bow in your purse?” “Well, with all the lipstick and perfume there was no room for a machete. Yes, I carry a bow in my purse, Daniel.” 0 likes
“As I wrung the remaining water from my hair, I began to do just that—commencing with analyzing the room we currently found ourselves in.” 0 likes