Start by marking “Path of Lucas: The Journey He Endured” as Want to Read:
Path of Lucas: The Journey He Endured

Path of Lucas: The Journey He Endured

Lucas Clarkson is a simple man, a family man, and a hard working farmer's son. From a small town in Eastern Ontario, the author, Susanne Bellefeuille, brings us on Lucas's journey through the trials and tribulations of his life. Lucas's path is not as simple as the man he's portrayed to be. From the days spent working on his dad's farm to becoming a successful mechanic, wi ...more
ebook
Published December 15th 2015 by Balboa Press

To ask other readers questions about Path of Lucas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Path of Lucas

Start your review of Path of Lucas: The Journey He Endured
Darque  Dreamer
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Path of Lucas is a heartfelt story about the life, love, and loss of a good man. This one holds endearment and  heartache. For those looking for a heartwarming story with a bittersweet ending, look no further than this debut novel by Susanne Bellefeuille!

The Plot: Lucas Clarkson grew up on his father's farm. He had a good, simple life, loving parents, and a close family. He met the love of his life at age 17, and continued on to be a hard working, strong family man. He had many ups and downs aft
Jessthebookslover
Oct 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: sent-by-authors, dnf
Review of Path of Lucas by Susanne Bellefeuille.
Rating: 1/5⭐ DNF

I rarely interrupt one of my readings, but if I do, it's because I just can't. And... Well, I couldn't bring myself to like this book.
The idea of telling someone else's biography is interesting, I read many autobiographies in my life but none of them was so... Boring? And that's why I didn't even reach 1/3 of the book. And if you add that this book wasn't ready to be published... Gosh.

Let me explain this point, why wasn't it rea
Cathy
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the structure of the book with a dramatic opening scene providing the starting point for Lucas to tell his daughter, Lucy, the story of how he met her mother, Isabelle, and the struggles they faced together.

I found the courtship of Lucas and Isabelle touching and their life-long devotion to each other was heart-warming. Especially charming were their efforts to communicate early on in their relationship – Isabelle speaking very little English and Lucas speaking very little French.

The sto
Paige Green
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4/5

Genre: General Fiction/Biography (based on a true story)

Recommended Age: 13+ (some mature topics, but wrote in a way that wouldn’t scare young children)

I received a free copy of this book from Black Chateau in exchange for promotion and for my honest review. This did not sway my opinion in any way.

Thick white fog, headlights coming straight-on, and a violent car accident. A devoted father, Lucas confronts what parents fear most as he clutches his daughter’s hand in the hospital. The d
Dawn
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I chose to read this book after receiving a free copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

Path of Lucas is based on a true story which I didn't realize until the end of the book. I enjoyed the story and the fact that it was based on the story of the author's father made it even more interesting.

Lucas Clarkson is a hard worker and works for his father on his farm even though he hates the work (although he never complains). He finally gets the chance to go after his dre
The Book Nook Blog
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it
One dark and gloomy evening Lucas receives a phone call in the middle of the night with news that no parent ever wants to hear, his daughter has been in a terrible accident and is fighting for her life. Lucy has suffered a major head injury and only time will tell if she will survive.

After rushing to the hospital, Lucas can do nothing but wait and encourage his daughter to continue her battle for survival. As he stays by her side throughout the night, Lucas shares his life story with Lucy. From
Melissa W
When I received The Path of Lucas, I didn’t know what to expect. What I did find was a heartwarming story between Lucas and Isabelle, characters based on the author’s parents.
Starting with Lucas and Isabelle’s courtship, the book navigates through the numerous choices that Lucas has to make between his own personal dreams versus the responsibility for his family.

While there is heartache, struggle and sadness, there is also happiness, love, and the devotion that one finds in Lucas and Isabelle’s
Angela Thompson
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Path of Lucas is a Heartfelt Life and Love Story. The author does a nice job telling the story of Lucas and the path he guided his family on throughout his life. Readers will be drawn to the man and feel the range of emotions as they follow the events of his life. Expect to smile--and be saddened--and be drawn to continue through the pages to the end. While it isn't a heart stopping "page turner"---it is a well organized, engaging story.

Bellefeuille Uses a Very Simplistic Writing Style. Th
Carla
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Path of Lucas is the story of Lucas as he grows from his teenage years through his adult years and becoming a parent and then a grandparent. We are introduced to his story when tragedy hits very close to home. He opens up to his daughter about how he met her Mother and their relationship in their teen years that led to their marriage. We learn about the sacrifices he made not only for his wife and children but also for his Mother and Father. The story is told by Lucas and told both in the pa ...more
Marilyn Wilson
The Path of Lucas is the first offering by writer Susanne Bellefeuille, so kudos to the author. I know what an amazing accomplishment this is.

There are a lot of great things about The Path of Lucas - a story based on true events in the author's life. I loved that the main character's life didn't follow the expected path with his hard work meaning every dream was realized. Instead readers are offered a more realistic journey that had great highs, moments of love, family and success, but also the
Misty
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found the idea that the events of Path of Lucas: The Journey He Endured by Susanne Bellefeuille were based upon real events to be interesting. The story of Lucas Clarkson was an incredible read. Lucas Clarkson was a character that felt more like a real person than a character in the pages of a fictional book.

I enjoyed the way that the story was told from the perspective of Lucas Clarkson's daughter as it gave a female view of what would have been a man oriented story. The setting of the book r
Jessica
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a very inspirational book

I cannot imagine myself to walk on Lucas' shoe. This guy is beyond amazing. What he has been through is so remarkable. He is one very strong man and never gives up.

What a very inspirational book Path Of Lucas is. If you need inspiration to fight for your life and what have you been through, there is hope. You should read this book. It will blow your emotions.

The author did a fantastic job writing this book. It seems like she is talking to you. For a first time
Sandra Jackson
The Path of Lucas is the story about one man's great love for his family and the difficult choices and sacrifices he had to make. The story of Lucas' life is told by Lucas as he recounts his memories of family life to his comatose daughter.

While the Path of Lucas is a good story, I found parts of it a bit redundant as some things are mentioned more than once (particularly in the dialogue making it heavy at times). The reader would already understand the context from the narration. Also, while w
April
Path of Lucas
The Journey He Endured
By: Susanne Bellefeuille

This is the story of Lucas and what life he lived. This was a roller coaster ride. Happy times,sad times, and some that moved along evenly.

The narration was so so done by Ben Patrick Johnson. The female voices grated on my nerves, and even some of Lucas' irritated too.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Chrystal
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
If you want an account of someone’s life this is it. I ended up reading only the bottoms of the pages. I was not engaged in topic or writing style. Good read maybe for youth reader?
E.
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Reviewed on Audible for narration and story/plot. Received a review copy. This story was a little bit too sentimental for me and I felt the author was a little bit too close to it.
Polly
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
A beautifully heartfelt story, at times heart-wrenching but ultimately heartening.
Dom
May 03, 2018
Okeke Hetty
Mar 24, 2019
Katrina
rated it did not like it
May 10, 2016
Alex
Jul 21, 2018
Diana17450hotmail.Com
I really enjoyed this book so much it was hard to put it down. It relates real family life and situations that make people stronger. I do hope this author continues to write more books in the future.
Diana
Mat
Oct 21, 2018
Christine Lalonde
Jul 10, 2018

• City of the Lost (Rockton, #1)
  • Betrayals (Cainsville, #4)
  • The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World
  • XX v XY: The Final World War
  • Baker's Dozen: A Lexi Fagan Mystery
  • No One Belongs Here More Than You
  • The Old Farmer's Almanac 2020
  • Angels in the OR: What Dying Taught Me About Healing, Survival, and Transformation
  • Animal Magic: Working with Spirit Animal Guides (Pagan Portals)
  • The Faerie Handbook: An Enchanting Compendium of Literature, Lore, Art, Recipes, and Projects
  • A Year in the Company of Freaks
  • Anansi Boys: BBC Dramatisation
  • Magickal Cashbook: Attract Money Fast With Ancient Secrets And Modern Wealth Magick
  • Sara, Book 3: A Talking Owl Is Worth a Thousand Words!
  • Sara Learns the Secret about the Law of Attraction (Sara, #1)
  • Life Long
  • The Book of Knowing and Worth: A Channeled Text
  • The Book of Truth: The Mastery Trilogy: Book II

News & Interviews

Looking for a fictional meet-cute in the new year? We've got some steamy novels for you to snuggle up with, including Casey McQuiston's...