Start by marking “Veterans' Reflections: History Preserved” as Want to Read:
Veterans' Reflections: History Preserved

Veterans' Reflections: History Preserved

The military service of millions of Americans is reflected in these stories. They will put you in the middle of the action of our nation's wars. Through firsthand accounts of veterans who served during World War II, the Cold War, Korean War, Vietnam War, the Quiet War, and Operations Desert Storm and Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan); you'll find yourself paying tribute to ea ...more
Published December 18th 2015 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about Veterans' Reflections, please sign up.
William R. The focus is the firsthand accounts provided by 60 veterans. These veterans served during World War II, the Cold War, the Korean War, the Vietnam War,…moreThe focus is the firsthand accounts provided by 60 veterans. These veterans served during World War II, the Cold War, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Quiet War (Korea), Operation Desert Storm and Afghanistan.

Historical context is provided to support the times in which these veterans served.

Sixty veterans recall their time in uniform, sharing stories that are both funny and heart wrenching. (less)

Start your review of Veterans' Reflections: History Preserved
Teresa Jillard
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book any time, but especially on Memorial Day weekend! I learned more about modern American history reading this book than I did taking any American history class. The history lessons on the wars themselves, what led up to them, all the important events, we're all there in a nice concise, unbiased way. But most important, gut-wrenching, heart-touching are the first person accounts. Those are why you can't pull yourself away. I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
Stacy
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I won this book as a goodreads giveaway. I really enjoyed this book. The author does a wonderful job of giving the history of each war period prior to recounting the veterans' reflection of that time period. I liked the way Graser added his own personal memories to the reflections and added personal memories that the reader could connect to. I recommend this book to anyone who loves history, military history, or military families.
Jeanette
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-readers
I was pleased to have won this book in a recent Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

Interesting stories by Veterans during several Wars, including World War 11, Vietnam, Korean and more. Now on loan to my son-in-law who has been patiently waiting to read this book when I had finished. Recommended.

Jake Mulcahy
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I met this author at my local B&N and I immediately could tell this was a passionate writer. As a veteran he can fully understand the hardship our men and women go through to keep this country safe. I talked with him for 15-20 minutes and knew I had to have this book, I read it in under a week and couldn't put it down. Fantastic read and I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to learn more about our nations heroes. ...more
Nancy
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Very good, and now Loved by many Veterans too at our place of business to read as they wait in waiting area.
William R.