Start by marking “A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love” as Want to Read:
A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love

A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love

(When Destiny Calls #1)

Life isn’t all love and cupcakes …

Katie has had her fair share of bad luck, but when she finally realises her dream of opening a bakery it seems things can only get better.

But the reality of running a business hits Katie hard and whilst her partner, Steve, tries to help she begins to sense that the situation is driving them further apart. Could Katie be set to lose her re
Published January 15th 2016 by Choc Lit (first published August 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love

Start your review of A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love
Karen Mace
Shelves: e-books, netgalley
I received a copy of this via NetGalley in return for a fair and honest review.

This was a deliciously sweet and enjoyable romance that had me captivated from beginning to end! When a man walks into Katie's cake shop, Sweet Occasions, dripping wet and barely able to speak you are immediately intrigued as to who he is and what has brought him into Katies' life!

The story is told from a number of different perspectives which is always a good thing, as you're able to see different sides of the story
Suze Lavender
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Katie has her own bakery which used to be a dream come true, but with her boyfriend's nagging about business opportunities and expansions it doesn't feel like the happy place it used to be any more. She doesn't like Steve the way he is now and things at home keep getting more tense. He wants to help her with her business, but that means she will depend on him financially, is that really what she wants? When Adam enters her shop to buy a cake for his grandmother something inside her changes. The ...more
Grass monster
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Its very rare a book captivates me from the beginning, and this did just that.
From the moment a stranger named Adam arrives dripping wet at Katie's Bakery 'Sweet Occasions' i was hooked, i just wanted to keep going and going to see how this would pan out.
I loved how Linn sectioned the story out by telling it from different people's angles, and how the story was spread over two and a half years. This just added to the greatness of the story.
I loved lilly and Grace, i thought it was touching how J
Els
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can summarise my feelings about this book in a few words. Writing style, emotions, storyline, reading pleasure : each and everyone of them deserve the full 5 stars. I just loved it!
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having read a few of Linn B Halton's books in the last year, I feel very confident in saying that A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love is her best yet. It is such a sweet, touching and loving romantic story, told from various perspectives. At times I was getting very frustrated with Katie, but I was living in hope that he situation would change.

Having just read a bucket load of Christmas books, I was marginally worried about the mention of two Christmases in the blurb, but I needn't have been. The book
Cathy Ryan
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Katie has achieved her dream and Sweet Occasions, her bakery, is up and running. She is a skilled cake maker and specialises in amazing celebration cakes and delicious cupcakes. Katie and her partner, Steve, have been through a rough patch and Steve’s brush with death has changed him, their relationship is still on shaky ground. When Katie finds herself struggling to keep Sweet Occasions afloat, Steve comes to what he believes is the rescue with a business plan, taking the shop in a completely d ...more
Sue
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked that A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love is set over a longer period of time. There is a lot happening for Katie and it was fun to dive into her life with her for a year. I watched her struggle, grow, question, and love. Nothing about this could have been rushed. The pace of A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love is perfect.

I loved, loved that Ms Halton wrote from various POV's in this book. I loved knowing what the other characters were thinking, planning, and feeling. It makes for a very inter
Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
This isn't your traditional romance novel, this is a tale of two people who slowly wake up and take control of their own lives. They realise things as they are aren't working the way they want to and they take small steps to fix it. The Adam and Katie we meet at the beginning of this book are clearly not ready for a relationship together... but what happens when small changes are made?

With the book alternating between Adam and Katies point of view (and the occasional chapter from other character
Karen Whittard
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you NetGalley for this book in exchange for an honest review

A lovely sugery sweet love story. Telling you want is the most important things in life. Love family and cake. Adam is a man who works hard to support his daughter and who loves his grandmother. Looking for love but knowing it will be differcult as one week he has his daughter lily living at his house who is his world and the following week he is out on the road working hard. Can he find a lady who will be able to juggle life wit
Sally Coles
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Katie is quite happy running her cake shop apart from her boyfriend Steve who wants her to expand, but she doesn't want to and she doesn't want to be financially reliant on him. Then in walks Adam and everything changes.

Adam is a lovely character, very caring, always looking out for his daughter and grandmother and needing to move on and find love again after this divorce.

The story is told mainly by Adam and Katie and its great to see the different viewpoints. a lovely heartwarming story that I
Silvana
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Katie is a sweet woman, who tries to run her bakery. She doesn’t think that it is so hard to even with a little help of her partner Steve. But, does he help at all? Katie is struggling between her dream job, make people happy with every bite they taste her sweet cupcakes and cakes and her love life with Steve. Could she resist in the business or she will quit under the pressure?

Adam manages how to be a parent to Lilly and precious grandchildren to his grandma Grace. One day he runs in one small
LJT
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
​​​​​4.5 Stars!

A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love by Linn B. Halton is a well-conceived story with an interesting plot and characters. The book was originally published in the summer of 2014, and Choc Lit edited and revised it for 2016. Due to the positive feedback surrounding the book's first release, I decided to read it. With the exception of a little lull a chapter or two before the ending, this book kept me entertained and engrossed from beginning to end. The story opens with a bang, which immed
Anniek
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Katie has her own bakery Sweet Occasions. She is living her dream. Her bakery doesn't have to be a big money making chain. Katie puts a lot of effort in making the customers feel at home when they visit her. She has beautiful antique china and a corner where people can taste her creations. Katie is very gifted in her decorating. She creates the most amazing and detailed sceneries.

Katie always stood by her boyfriend Steve. When he became ill she was the one he leaned on. After all that happened K
Suze Lavender
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Katie has her own bakery which used to be a dream come true, but with her boyfriend's nagging about business opportunities and expansions it doesn't feel like the happy place it used to be anymore. She doesn't like Steve the way he is now and things at home keep getting more tense. He wants to help her with her business, but that means she will depend on him financially, but is that really what she wants?

When Adam enters Katie's shop to buy a cake for his grandmother something inside Katie chan
Dawn
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was offered an ecopy of this book by Charlotte at Candlelit Tours in exchange for an honest review which I'm more than happy to give. The cover alone is bound to attract readers in their droves and quite rightly so!

Katie the main character in this book is living the dream - owning and running her own bakery Sweet Occasions! Things both business wise and relationship wise aren't exactly plain sailing - despite outward appearances.

From the very first chapter I loved Katie, her kind heart and com
Becca
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Kate’s Book Spot
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Firstly I’d like to thank the author for sending me this eBook to read and share my honest review. I’m a big fan of Linn’s writing so I couldn’t wait to get stuck in. You can read my reviews of Linn’s previous books on my blog.

An intriguing start pulled me into the storyline quickly, I was curious about the mysterious, dripping wet stranger and wanted to know more. I was also keen to find out more about Katie’s business which sounded yummy, especially to someone who is currently on a diet!

If you

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+
Connect on...:
Twitter

One of the best things about reading fiction for me is the chance to experience another world, walk in someone else’s shoes for a while. Sometimes this is romantic experience, sometimes it is angst ridden, with this author’s stories by the time you reach the end you always have that ‘feel good’ feeling that sets you up for the day ahead.
Katie and Ada
Psusan
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I knew going in that A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love by Linn B Halton would be a fun but thoughtful read, I have yet to read one book published by Choco Lit that wasn’t. This was no different. It is an enchanting look at the average person’s life. There is no save the world, maybe a “save your sanity” since simply making do in life can wear a person down. There is no “instant love or lust” for that matter but a slow simmering of attraction that is stirred by a friendship made in passing.

After stay
Alison
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is such a breath of fresh air .. a book that envelopes you in cosiness & charm. So pleasant to read & very easy to fall in love with the characters.

Katie is an absolute sweetheart, her major love is her bakery business making cakes but her ‘partner’ Steve seems intent on undermining her at every turn & spoiling her visions. She has the fortune to meet Adam when he drifts into her life & she becomes his guardian angel .. it could have turned into a typical boy meets girl & passion igni
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tbr-16
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free for a Blog Tour in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to JB for letting me take part in this tour. As soon as I read the blurb for this book I wanted to read it.

This book is told from many different perspectives. Each chapter is written from the view of one of the main characters. I really likes this because it let you get into thei
Hilda
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Little Sugar, A lot of Love By Linn B Halton
I received this ARC via NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.
Have you ever experienced a novel that the character hit such a tick that you couldn't put the book down?

A Little Sugar, A lot of Love story takes place over a longer period of time. The author provides the reader with various points of view which I always find fascinating. Katie’s year includes growth, struggle, change, finding answers to questions and love. Adam’s year is full of s
Ann Cooper
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet romance, in more senses than one! Katie runs a cake shop and meets Adam when he calls in for a cake for his Grandma. The book then follows their lives as they occasionally meet and then part once more.

It is very cleverly written - the chapters are written from Katie, Adam, Grace and even Steve's point of view - so we get very in-depth views of their thoughts and emotions.

I love Grace (Grandma) - she was a brilliant character and her love of her family was wonderful.

It was a litt
Susan Duthie
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle

I love this book. It is a proper old fashioned love story which takes place over two years. Adam needs a Christmas cake for his grandma Grace. He stops at a cake shop called Sweet Occasions and is instantly attracted to the owner Katie. Adam is divorced and has an eight year old daughter. He lives and works 300 miles away from his grandma and the cake shop. Katie is in a relationship that's going nowhere . Over the next few years Adam buys birthday and christening cakes and love starts to grow b
Tara  Niland
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an Arc of this book from Net Galley for an honest review.....

What a lovely read this book was, I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end... I read it in the one day as it was addictive, once I read the first page I was hooked.... Such a lovely well written story which entwined the lives of several different people at the one time, the main characters been Katie & Adam.. I don't want to give away to much of the story but it's well worth reading, you won't even disappointed X
Hannah Symonds
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I was given this book for an honest review. I loved it. It had everything I ask for in a book, great storyline, interesting characters and baking. I really felt for Katie the main character to start with but then things look up for her and I had my fingers crossed that something good would happen to her. I thought this book was fabulous, but do not read on an empty stomach as you will get very hungry with all the talk about cakes.
Melissa Borsey
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from Netgallay in exchange for my honest review. I simply adored this book! The main premise of the story is to follow your heart even if it takes you to places unknown. This was such a sweet story about two wonderful characters who see eachother only a few times a year but who have become smitten with eachother from their first encounter. A wonderful love story with lots of layers. I highly recommend!
Amy Sheets
Such a sweet book! I loved it. Katie and Adam are two people who finds out who they are. After failed relationships they find each other.
This boom is nothing but about fate. How when something is destined to happen it will happen.
Would I recommend this book? yes.
Would I reread it again? Yes!
Tracey
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What can I say ... Its a lovely, cosy, romantic, feel good book I couldn't put down. A very worthy read for all romantics out there ...more
Wit & Wonder Books
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
** ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

Katie is happy in life . She was able to own her own business , a bakery that has been her dream for quite some time . She is very happy with the décor and the way that her small business is running . She feels as though the realization of her dream couldn’t get any better .

Steve is Katie’s partner . They have been together for a while . Katie was with Steve when through cancer and recovery and he is happy in their relationship .

However , the
« previous 1 3 next »

•  Angels (Walsh Family, #3)
  • Love Muffin and Chai Latte (The Monsoon #1)
  • I Believe in Unicorns
  • Ms America and the Brouhaha on Broadway (Beauty Queen Mysteries Book 5)
  • Hate, Date, or Mate? (Supernatural Dating Agency #3)
  • Goodness Gracious Gracie (The Monsoon #2)
  • Ms America and the Naughtiness in New Orleans (Beauty Queen Mysteries Book 6)
  • All I Want for Christmas
  • This Magic Moment
  • Broken Angel (House Phoenix, #1)
  • A Diva Wears the Ring
  • The Baby Game (Alpha #3)
  • Song of the West
  • First Impressions
  • Hole Punched
  • Binds (Binds, #1)
  • The Vampire Wants a Wife (Supernatural Dating Agency, #1)
  • Bad Angels
Linn B. Halton writes feelgood fiction: home is where the heart is! In 2013 she won the UK Festival of Romance: Innovation in Romantic Fiction Award. Originally from Bristol, she now lives in the Welsh Valleys with her husband and Bengal cat, Ziggy.

For Linn, life is all about family, friends and writing. She is a self-confessed hopeless romantic and an eternal optimist. When Linn is not writing, s

When Destiny Calls (2 books)
  • A Little Luck, A Lot of Fate (When Destiny Calls #2)

News & Interviews