Start by marking “Hartley's Grange” as Want to Read:
Hartley's Grange

Hartley's Grange

In one short day Lily Beckett's life falls apart when she loses her dream job in fashion and finds out her boyfriend is having an affair. Totally devastated, she ends the relationship and flees the city.

Lily heads to the country town she grew up in to seek sanctuary with her big sister, Violet, and niece, Holly. But bad luck hits her yet again when she crashes her car on t
Published February 1st 2016 by Allen & Unwin

To ask other readers questions about Hartley's Grange, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hartley's Grange

Veronica ⭐️
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, a-u, aww-2016
After suddenly quitting her job and then finding her photographer boyfriend entangled with one of his models Lily decides the only thing she can do is head home to Violet Falls and spend some quality time with her sister and niece. But Lily’s nightmare isn’t over yet as on her way home she crashes her car on an outback road. Fortunately local heartbreaker Flynn Hartley finds her and deposits her safely at her sister’s.
Lily’s life is a mess and love is the last thing on her mind but Flynn Hartley
Brenda
Lily Beckett’s arrival in her home town of Violet Falls wasn’t as smooth as she had anticipated – the horror day had continued when her car unexpectedly spun out of control in the storm she was driving through. Fortunately for Lily she wasn’t badly hurt and the arrival of farmer (and schoolgirl crush) Flynn Hartley meant she was able to continue on to her sister, Violet’s house.

Lily’s life had spun out of control and she had no idea what to do to put it right again. Her big sister had always lo
Jenny
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hartley's Grange is a story about young girl Lily Beckett whose dreams was to be a fashion designer in the City and a young man Flynn who believes that no one will love him. However, this was not the case, and the readers of Hartley's Grange will follow Lily and Flynn to see what happens to them in Violet Falls.

I enjoyed reading Hartley's Grange it allowed me to complete the story of what happens to the two Beckett sisters. I meet the two sisters Violet and Lily Beckett reading McKellan's Run wh
marlin1
After many years Lily is returning to Violet Falls after being betrayed by her boyfriend and in an unrelated incident, her workmate. Home to where her sister Violet and niece Holly live but on the drive there, she nearly hits a kangaroo and crashes the car. Luckily for her she's not hurt badly and she's rescued by Flynn Hartley, the boy she had a secret crush on many years ago.
After being at a loose end she decides to do up the old, derelict shop her Grandfather left her as she has dreams to est
Han Le flueff
This was a pleasant and easy to read novel, however it left me feeling unsatisfied. I felt it was lacking in substance - not enough character and relationship development.
Michelle
Lily Beckett is a talented junior designer in Melbourne for an up and coming fashion house, until she is put in a position that leaves her feeling like she has no choice but to quit. Devastated she heads over to see her photographer boyfriend, only to find him in a compromising position. With her life in tatters she flees the city for the country town she grew up in.

On the way she runs into a huge storm and then crashes her car avoiding a kangaroo. It really is not Lily’s day but she is found by
Brittony O'Connor
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was a great read, You can easily fall in love with the characters and it left you hanging until the very last chapters.

It was hard to put down because you just wanted to know what was going to happen.

Would recommend to anyone who wants a quick book to read.
Girlwithapen93
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
When you walked into Kmart and stumble around looking for a book to read, and they only have a small selection to choose from and all of them are old or romance novellas, but you are craving a new book and just take what you can. Well this was one of those books. And even though I am a fan of romance books, I am glad that this one was better than I thought it would be.
When down on her luck Lily stumbles in on her boyfriend making out with one of his clients, Lily grabs her stuff and does a runn
Seadaz
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick and easy read.

Flynn has trouble committing to relationships, leaves them before they leave him.
Lily moves back to her childhood home after quitting her job, and catching her man in the arms of another lady.

Flynn rescues Lily from a minor car crash on the same day...
Lily is having the worst day!

Flynn and Lily become romantically involved.

Lily opens up her own business.

But someone seems to be after Lily, sabotaging her new business...who is it and why?
Simone
Thankyou for my free copy. I really enjoyed Hartley Grange it was the perfect mix of romance, suspence and drama. I fell in love with characters right from the start and had to keep reading to see what happened next. It's a very relatable storyline that flowed well with a good solid female lead character. Would recommend this book to anyone.
Tanya
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Light, entertaining and easy to read. This one ticks all the boxes!
Lyn
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, not quite as much as McKellan's Run, but still a good read with an unanticipated twist.
Deb Bodinnar
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this story which continued on the story of Lily and Violet Beckett.
Sharon
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice, but to be honest it was a bit bland compared to other books I have read in this genre
Zed
At the beginning of the story it felt a bit run-of-the-mill. There were some clichés of the genre and it was a bit repetitive here and there, but I soon got absorbed in the story. It really picked up with a bit of action and mystery.

Lily and Flynn both have a rough background and past and are dealing with their own insecurities. They're both really sweet and likeable and find something special with each other and it's great to see that unfold. Almost all the characters are likeable and it has a
Emma
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another easy, enjoyable read by Nicole Hurley-Moore.
Kylie
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Another compelling read from an Australian author.
Julie Morgan
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this read, read it so quickly.I like how it followed on from previous book and included some references from it,all blended well. The farm life , the romance was nice to read,and how dreams can be achieved when life takes a different direction. Very relatable and made me feel I was part of the community and family whilst reading. I would definelty recommend, thank you
Pam Tickner
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Thank you for my advance reading copy of this book. 3 1/2 stars - you know what you are getting from the cover - a rural romance with a hot male lead character. The book was everything I expected, light escapism, well written, it moved along quickly with a good story line.
Karyn
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick easy and enjoyable read.
Lily Beckett with her life turned upside down in Melbourne returns home to the country town she grew up in, Victoria Falls.

Life in Victoria Falls starts to come together for Lily and even though she swears off men she of course meets someone and the sparks fly.

This is a story of Lily's return to her country town and of her following her dreams. There are some twists which make the story interesting.

I really enjoyed the story and thank GoodReads for the chance t
Stacey Houllis
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rural-romance
It is the story, Lilly Beckett, her return to Violet Falls after she loses her job and discovers her boyfriend having an affair with a model. She spends time with her sister and niece. Lily meets up again with Flynn Hartley who lives on Hartley Grange after it was left to him by his grandmother when she has accident with her car. Lily feels the attraction she had for Flynn still there from when she had a crush on at school. Lily decides to renovate the shop left to her by her grandfather and tur ...more
Jess Anastasi
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rural-romance
I don't read rural romances very often, but when I get a great book like this, it makes me wonder why not! Loved the h&h - Lily and Flynn captured me from the very first pages and it was classic romance all the way. From Lily's life falling apart, sending her running to the small town she used to call home, to Flynn recognising his failings and trying to find a way to make things work, to some suspense and someone conspiring to keep them apart. I was sucked in and thoroughly enjoyed reading ...more
Andrew Hall
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some people steer clear of 'chiclit' me I read anything and everything. If a book is well written and engaging the genre is irrelevant. That is the case with this book Hartley's Grange, it is engaging, fun and the pace is great. The characters are believable and likeable. The only thing that kept me from giving 5 stars was that I thought the sense of place was missing and there could have been a little more showing of where it was set.

I won this in a goodreads giveaway, thanks Nicole for an enj
Deborah
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This romance is set in country Victoria. Hurley-Moore gives the reader a good sense of country living and country characters by using Australian colloquialisms and events.
Whilst this story is enjoyable to read, the plot, although not entirely predictable, plays it safe.
There are several episodes of banal dialogue between characters which repeats the plot and does not develop the story. However, there are some fun exchanges between Hartley and his best friend Mac. All the characters - bar one -
Leticia
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an easy read Australian rural romance. It made me want to find out what was happening next and I completed it in the one sitting. It seemed to skip forward unexpectedly in a couple of cases or end abruptly in some chapters but it was an enjoyable read. I will be happily finding the other novel set in Violet falls and the newest set in White gum.

I received this as part of the Goodreads Giveaway.
Suzanne
May 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Total devastation for a strong female at the hands of others, fleeing the city seems like a good option. To have the sanctuary and support of those around you who care is imperative. Starting over is all one can do but others want to sabotage efforts made in quite nasty ways.
Putting your life back together after heartbreak is never easy, taking charge of your life is key, pursue your own dreams.
Roxy
This was a sweet, light, and entertaining read. The characters were all likeable. The story flowed well. But, for me, there were moments that felt a little repetitious. A lovely little romance though.
Tianne Shaw
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-read
I was lucky to gain this in a giveaway and possibly would not have considered this book otherwise. The book is a night light easy read not too romantic but with a slight twist of who is the one trying to cause the trouble. All is revealed at the end but many twists and turns happen before then.
Brodie Dryden
Mar 11, 2016 rated it liked it
So i picked this book up for $5 at kmart during the week, and gosh what a good snap for only $5!!! it wasn't too involved or gripping but it was an easy read and kept me interested!
AN i loved that it was Australian!!
Janet Ryan
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn't love a sexy muscular farmer. Especially when returning to your home town after many years away. A riveting read about returning to your childhood home and finding where you belong in the place you least expect to