Start by marking “Dissident (Bellator Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dissident (Bellator Saga, #1)

Dissident

(Bellator Saga #1)

“I will always be with you…”

Rising Democratic star Caroline Gerard hasn’t had an easy year. After losing her husband, she is raising two small children alone while trying to navigate the tricky and sometimes shallow halls on Capitol Hill. A string of nasty speeches has her scrambling to apologize to any number of candidates, including newly elected Republican Jack McIntyre
Published May 12th 2015 by Principatum Publishing (first published March 17th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Dissident, please sign up.
Cecilia London It's available for pre-order at most major ebook retailers (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iTunes, Smashwords, Kobo, etc.), and goes live on March 17. It's…moreIt's available for pre-order at most major ebook retailers (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iTunes, Smashwords, Kobo, etc.), and goes live on March 17. It's only a buck for the first two weeks of release! Print versions will likely come down the road, after the ebook is published.

I should point out that even if you don't have a Kindle, Nook, or other ereader, you can download programs for your tablet or computer that allow you to read books you've downloaded.(less)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★★! Dissident, book 1 of 6. In times of political discord a couple must fight for their love & the future of their country!

“I discovered that you aren’t compensating for anything with your giant house and fancy cars.”
He looked down at the bulge in his groin, bringing her hand down to touch it. “You’ll find out soon enough.”

Books in The Bellator Saga should be read in order:
Book 4: Phoenix
Book 5: Rhap
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Dissident is about a fictional world where the government are rotten to the core and good people are prepared to fight against the status quo. The mature protagonists, John McIntyre and Caroline lead the complex story through many elements and layers. It's a political thriller at its core but equally depicts a love affair that slowly builds and, as the series progresses, their deep rooted relationship is portrayed with beauty and depth.

The Bellator Saga is showcased throug
Elizabeth

~4.5 Dissident Stars
"My Monty. I love you so."
Dissident is an action packed thriller with suspense, romance, and passion. It is the first book in the Bellator Saga. As the action shifts between flashbacks of the past and scenes in the present, Dissident is sure to hold you captive until the very end.

description

Through the flashbacks, we experience Caroline and Jack coming together. Caroline Gerard is a passionate Democrat making a name for herself on the steps of the Capitol. As a widow, she has spent
S.M. West
4 THRILLING STARS

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I'll admit that at first I wasn't so sure. While a huge fan of House of Cards, wasn't sure if mixing politics and upheaval with romance would do it for me. Also, I was a bit put off by this being one of a six part series (I love to hate serials...sort of...LOL). But oh boy, I was so wrong!

This is Ms. London's debut novel but it should not be her last. This lady can write with the scenes, character development and dialogu
TeriLyn
**Dissident generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

Get it now for FREE here!

5 "That's all I need to know." Stars

Cecilia London blew me away! I'm so happy to have started The Bellator Saga as it's a series I'm so excited about following. This dystopian political thriller and romance strays from my "normal" reading preferences and surprised me in the best possible way. I was nervous because I'm not a political person, truthfully I'm rather apathetic about politics. Bu
Dee Montoya
*****FIVE STARS*****

(ARC provided in exchange for an honest review)

This book was perfect for me! I hung onto to every word as if this was the last book I would ever read. I was captivated by the smart and elegant writing style. I immediately connected with the characters and my excitement grew to a level that I could barely contain it, my heart was bursting with glee. There's no better feeling in the world than when you find the perfect story.

photo image_zpsmk3rdtup.jpeg

In this first book of The Bellator Saga we meet Car
Mo
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

Well, I could hardly put this one down! Really enjoyed it. Loved all the politics, the intrigue, the romance, the characters.

JACK. Swoon ... and he is in his late forties!!! We need more older men in books. Seriously. He.Was.Hot.

"Rising Democratic star Caroline Gerard hasn’t had an easy year. After losing her husband, she is raising two small children alone while trying to navigate the tricky and sometimes shallow halls on Capitol Hill ... Falling in love again is the last thing on h
Natalie The Biblioholic
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: political, suspense
OH WOW!!

shock

All of the reviews I've read (and thank you GR friends for all the wonderful reviews that helped to prepare me for this saga) DID NOT prepare me for this introduction to the Bellator Saga. I don't think I've read anything like it and it was more than a welcome surprise.

I really liked how the author set me up to experience a roller coaster ride worth of emotions. From one chapter to the next, I didn't know what to expect. It was impossible to predict the direction that the author was go
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4 Intruiging Stars
 photo 54627FB0-15E8-40AF-B8AF-CCCF2AF27604_zpscrzbxves.jpg

Ok ok deep breathes... I have no idea what's going on right now.. I'm at the end of Dissident and I'm feeling a tad nervous. But hoping to Gawd book two I will start to understand what's happening, what I do know is this is not a light read, but a gripping pull at your hair, page turner and make you stop life kind of story...

photo 59E8032E-6A6A-42E1-A9B8-F2FA3BB3AE9E_zpszlrza6vh.gif

So onto my review... I'm not from the US I'm English and politics isn't my forte but hey my blogger buddy Suzanne has recommended this. So I went in wi
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 "What a way to start a Saga" Stars

photo IMG_2812_zpslfyyfxnx.jpg

A story of intellect, mystery, political savviness and very sensual and sexy undertones!! I must say, I was a little hesitant to read because I had some preconceived notions about the story. Well- with the push of some friends, I read and was completely overwhelmed and absorbed into an amazing and epic storyline.

Representative Caroline Gerard is a mother, a widower; she is smart, sassy, determined and incredibly strong. Representative Jack McIntyre is smart,
Bibi
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Update: 02/06/2017

I've read all 5 serials, waiting- anxiously- for book 6 (Triumph) to drop today! If you haven't read this series then you and I need to have a come to Jesus moment. EPIC!

09/16/2016
Review to come but this series looks like a winner.
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 3.75 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I wish I could take all your pain away...even though you think you've been permanently damaged. You have so much to give and you deserve so much in return. I just hope that eventually there might be some room left in your heart for me.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book is a bit different to what I usually like to read. This is why I was a bit hesitant to read it. But after a friend here on G
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Dissident (Bellator Saga #1)
Author – Cecilia London
Publication Date – March 17, 2015
Genre – Thriller/Suspense Romance
Type – Part of Series
Cliffhanger - Yes
Rating – 4.25 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
This was such an enjoyable once I got around the political jargon. You won’t find me watching the news or up to date on my “Washington, DC” information. The most I know about the Senate and the House is
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
description

Rating : 3.5 Stars

My Views : To be honest this is really not a genre that I prefer which may be why I couldn’t enjoy it as my fellow friends. Overall this was nice. I enjoyed certain part of it but the rest not so much. This series is in 6 part and this one ends with a dirty little cliffy. In this one, the author mostly set the scene and introduced us to the characters and made us understand their relationship and all that which was well done.

Style of writing : Amazing…This being her first boo

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I'm still in the progress of the Kindle purge, and DISSIDENT is another "grab it while it's free" find from the Kindle Store. I snagged this one because I liked the title and the cover, which had a mysterious, Gothic feel. It's not a Gothic book, though. In fact, DISSIDENT totally surprised me, which is rare.

You could call it a contemporary romance, but it's set in an unstable political climate where California has already seceded and Texas
~IreneOust~
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

EXCELLENT! Couldn't put it down!
From start to finish ... absolutely FLAWLESS!

After having read the first three books in this saga:

This series is my favorite discovery of 2015! I can't say enough good things about it. It's exquisitely well written with an intriguing plot, well developed characters and a really engaging and intelligent dialogue.

Please keep in mind that this is a six part saga, with the first three books being the first half of Caroline's journey. You won't get the whole picture i
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
3 Not sure stars

So just jumping into this blind was probably not a good idea or maybe it was. The prologue was fantastic and set a great scene for the start of a book.

photo snowforest_zpslrawbd5r.gif

Then it just got really confusing for me over the following couple of chapters trying to get a hold on all the political talk, slowly starting to make sense the more I read.

photo Washington D.C.-Capitol5_zpsri1z1w5o.gif

It is told in the third person which I am usually not fond of but as there was so much going on at times I didn't mind much. This story was also told in past
Sybil aka Lala
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am in awe! There is just so much to say about this book, I don’t know where to even begin writing a review.

An absolutely brilliant, un-put-downable story of romance, politics and suspense. I didn’t just love this story, I loved HOW it was written. When starting this, immediately from the very first page, you’re thrown into this crazy dystopian world where the government is the enemy, Caroline and Jack are running for their lives and when found, a team of doctors trying to keep Caroline out of
Wendy
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jan-15
I quickly became enamored with Cecilia London's writing when I actually enjoyed the storyline involving the injustice and conspiracies surrounding US politics.
The other storyline involves Caroline and Jack, our two protagonists, who fall in love progressively while in the middle of this dangerous opposition and position they are in.
Told in the past and present, with alternate chapters, worked perfectly. The past gave us the beginning of their relationship and we witness it blossom. The present
Myla
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When I started reading this book I know I’m in for a great ride…the beginning was already intense with Jack and Caroline running through the woods trying to cross the Canadian border. Intriguing, definitely! What on earth did Jack & Caroline did? It’s like the devil himself is running after them!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Caroline Gerard, Democratic congresswoman on the rise and then her husband got into a fatal car accident. Left with two small daughters to take care of, went into sort-of depression, with the help of
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
I don’t read nearly enough romantic suspense/mysteries, which is surprising since it’s a sub-genre I like. This book combines romantic suspense with political intrigue that, in theory, should be right up my alley. Unfortunately, it didn’t quite hit the mark for me.

Dissident is the first full-length novel in a six book series. The story is told primarily in flashbacks. The prologue starts in the present and does a good job setting a suspenseful tone. However, it gives away a little too much infor
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
Not giving this one any rating...yet.
I truly enjoyed it but will give it a proper review after reading the whole trilogy.

With that being said, I'm fell in love with the easy friends to lovers going on and truly enjoyed this author's writing. She did a terrific job hooking me right in with an intriguing prologue and very good dialogues.
Now diving into book 2 because I need answers!!!

Arc offered in exchange for an honest review

More reviews and book talk at :
Cecilia London
Feb 26, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-that
I'm not sure this is my favorite book in the series, but it was extremely fun to write and has some of the warmest scenes between the hero and heroine....at least, from the beginning of their relationship. And some of it makes me laugh.
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Talia (Red Hot Ink) by: Dee Montoya

I'm not a fan of politics, but I liked the frame it created.

Honestly, this book was unexpected. It hooked me in from the very first page, because dayum, it was the definition of "in medias res". I also liked how Jack and Caroline's love story progressed, especially given her background.

Something I found peculiar are their conversations. This books has lots of dialogues compared to the "thoughts" or "inner monologues" parts and I couldn't not appreciate it. The two MC discuss lots of thi
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
disappointment

Erotic political thriller. That's what it says at the end of the book. I cannot agree, unfortunately, to two of these words. The story surely has a lot of political tenor, but it is rarely erotic and far from being a thriller in the end.

If you, however, love a dramatic pull-your-heartstrings and love story HEA spoiled book, this is perfect for you. Purchase it, it will make me happy, unlike me. Stop reading now. If you want to understand my rating of two stars, continue.

Since the first chapter
Dianne
We all have political opinions, some more radical than others, and in theory, our representatives are acting in our interest. Party division runs rampant and a new regime is always possible. What if that regime was brutal, crushing and in their quest to silence the dissidents, found a way to make them disappear? We all hear of conspiracy theories, but in Dissident by Cecilia London, it is happening, right now and former politico Caroline’s life is now in the hands of this regime. Kidnapped, beat ...more
Kate's Corner
 photo 25162813_zpspmwwthf9.jpg

After finishing this book I didn’t know how to feel about it. I was and still torn on some things. I found the blurb enticing and was hooked by the beginning of the book.

I was and still am fascinated by the plot and that California succeeded from America and that Texas was to be next. This is feasible and I believe that one day that it can happen maybe not now but at some point. Losing all your constitutional rights as a citizen.

Congressperson Caroline Gerard has been grieving for her husband
★Moonrise Books
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!

Jack and Caroline are on the run in a snow storm, trying to stay one step ahead of the soldiers who ran them off the road. They are protecting a flash drive, and as they make their way along their journey there are flashbacks, and little tidbits that clue us in to what they are protecting, and who is waiting for them on the other end.

Caroline, a young woman with two daughters; and Jack, a millionaire with political ties, are brought together in a time of political turmoil, where state
Bianca
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Um. HELLO new favorite author of mine. What did I just read?! This spellbinding story took me somewhere that I have never been. To a world that I never thought was possible. And I cannot wait to go back.

Ok first, let’s chat about the prologue. THAT is how you start a book! We are immediately immersed into the story where Caroline and Jack must part ways. We don’t know how or why, but what we do know is that these two have so much
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Doesn’t Fit
Rating: NC-17
Overall: I really enjoyed
Characters: Well done
Plot: Can Love overcome loss?
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Jack

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
I can say I was enthralled from the beginning. I wanted to read straight through. If it weren’t for the need to sleep and eat, I might have read in one sitting. It’s a solid beginning to a series with only a few flaws.

For a full review and yummy pic, see my blog post
  • Heartwood (Carved Hearts, #3)
  • Mowed: An Erotic BBW Comedy Romance
  • Magnolia Blossoms
  • 1/2 Cocked
  • Red (Love in Color #1)
  • The Twenty-One (Emerald Cove #2)
  • For the Love of Death (The Death Series, #7)
  • Breached (Breach, #4)
  • Unlikely Allies
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Shallow
  • Unblocked - Episode Five (Timber Towers, #5)
  • Advance (Advance Industries, #1)
  • Deep (Pagano Family, #4)
  • Angel (Bartered Hearts, #1)
  • Quirks & Kinks
  • Affairytale (Affairytale, #1)
  • Anton's Grace (Braxians #1)
Cecilia London is the pen name of a native Illinoisan currently living in San Antonio, Texas. She's filled several roles over the course of her adult life - licensed attorney, wrangler of small children, and obsessed baseball fan, among others. An extroverted introvert with a serious social media addiction, she is the author of The Bellator Saga, an epic, genre-crossing romance series. You can cat ...more

Bellator Saga (6 books)
  • Conscience (Bellator Saga, #2)
  • Sojourn (Bellator Saga, #3)
  • Phoenix (Bellator Saga, #4)
  • Rhapsody (Bellator Saga, #5)
  • Triumph (Bellator Saga, #6)
“My Kindle is full of highly enjoyable, unequivocally filthy smut.” 8 likes
“Caroline scrambled off his lap, gazing down at the Persian rug. “Is this thing Scotchgarded?” 5 likes