Start by marking “Wrong Side Girl (The Girl #1)” as Want to Read:
Wrong Side Girl (The Girl #1)

Wrong Side Girl

(The Girl #1)

Cole has been Lizzy’s best friend from the moment he found her crying in the woods two weeks before her tenth birthday. Growing up without a father, Lizzy was raised by her alcoholic and drug-addicted mother. Being branded as the town whore's daughter, she had one bright spot in her dark world: Cole. He was the one constant in her life, the only person she trusted would ne ...more
Published January 17th 2016 by Julia Goda

To ask other readers questions about Wrong Side Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrong Side Girl

Eve (Between The Bookends)
DNF at 70%

Hear that, that would be the sound of the final nail going into the coffin for this author!

Good Lord, at first I was hopeful because the heroine wasn't a virgin, so at least she got herself some whilst pining for him, but the OTT OW drama, and the continuous reminders of ALL THE WOMAN the hero has screwed, was really just to frigging much.

Not to mention inconsistency, like the hero says "he never brought women home to his apartment" then a few chapters later, he is referring to his apa
Bev
So, I really struggled with this. I hate it when an author gives a supposed alpha male a juvenile voice and thoughts, and Cole is a perfect example of this. Yes, he’s the consummate manho' – and a total jerk with it, but he’s whiny and snivelly and very insecure and he. drove. me. bat-shit. crazy.

I couldn’t connect with Lizzy – Cole and his childish thoughts and actions totally dominated the book and overshadowed Lizzy totally that she had not much of a voice.

Other niggles:

* The beach scene. No
Marieke (Marieke's Books & Books and Tequila)
Always looking for new authors who write great stories, last year I came across the debut book of Julia Goda – Bent Not Broken. Although the writing style was very similar to the one of my favorite author, I did enjoy the book. Wrong Side Girl is Julia’s third book and in it the author has found her own author voice—the resemblance to that other author is gone. ‘From friends to lovers’ books are one of my favorites and I adore this sweet book.
“No cake. No candles. No present. Not even a card. S
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Wrong Side Girl (The Girl Series Book 1) by Julia Goda – 5 Stars *** CAPTIVATING, NOT TO BE MISSED!***

“Cole has been Lizzy’s best friend from the moment he found her crying in the woods two weeks before her tenth birthday. Growing up without a father, Lizzy was raised by her alcoholic and drug-addicted mother. Being branded as the town whore's daughter, she had one bright spot in her dark world: Cole. He was the one constant in her life, the only person she trusted would never let her down.
He’s
1-Click Addict Support Group
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read the blurb for Wrong Side Girl and I knew I had to read it!! I thought I had it figured out—boy and girl from the wrong side of the tracks, they fall in love, have some challenges and live HEA… But HOLD ON, it was MUCH DEEPER than that!

Elizabeth (Lizzy) lived a nightmare every day, not only getting verbal abuse from her own mother but by being bullied and judged by her classmates and the townspeople. It was heartbreaking because, no matter what, no one deserves that. Her only solace was wh
Rough Draft Book Blog
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wrong Side Girl by Julia Goda
Lizzy & Cole
MOVING AND CAPTIVATING

This is a story of friendship, love, betrayal, and acceptance. They don't really happen in that order and they happen more than once, but make no mistake about it... you will have to go through some awfully emotional shit to get to the pot of gold at the end of this rainbow. This story is not cut and dry, boy meets girl, boy wins girl. You'll be on an emotional roller coaster for most of it. Lies, truths, and revelations will be
Kelly with Sugar Shack Book Blog
Well I have been sitting here for about an hour trying to figure out the perfect way to put my thoughts and emotions into this review to give it any kind of justice!!!! I don't think there are enough words or praise to give Wrong Side Girl!! Julia absolutely blew me away with this book!!! I was immediately intrigued by the blurb and teasers and could not wait to dive in! The moment this showed up on my kindle I was sucked into the world of Cole and Lizzy!!

Everything in this book worked for me.
Sheila'S Book Corner
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wrong Side Girl
Julia Goda
4 stars

This was my first time reading this author, and it won’t be my last.

When a friend of mine send me the link I wasn’t sure what to expect. But I’m a sucker for a friends to lover book. Sucker

So I see the blurb and I’m right away dying to know more

This part right here made my breath hitch. The reading of this little girl looking forward to her birt
Natasha Mahadeo
Let me start off by saying that Julia Goda is definitely one of my Top 5 favorite authors.... This book is just damn golden.
From the moment I read the blurb and teasers for Wrong Side Girl, I was hooked. I tried being patient, and let me tell you, it was so worth the wait. Julia gave us one of the best love stories I have read in a long time. The emotions, the feels are all so heartbreaking gooooood.
In Wrong Side Girl, we meet Lizzy at the age of ten. She comes from a horrid nightmare she call
Shreeya
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anoyone who like a good dose of romance
Wrong Side Girl (The Girl Series Book 1) by Julia Goda

Stars: 4.5
Hero: Cole (4.5 Stars)
Heroine: Liz (5 Stars)
Hotness: 3.5 - 4 Stars
Cheating: None, (view spoiler)

***** I received an ARC from the author in exchange of an honest review *****

When I read the blog and looked at the cover of the book I assumed that this would be a very dark book where the Hero and Heroine w
Darlene Avery
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC Review

Wrong Side Girl by Julia Goda

Wrong Side Girl is one of those books that will pull every emotion, good and bad, from your very soul.

Julia Goda has created a world that is raw and realistic in its nature of the cruelty people can bestow upon one another, as well as the love they can show each other.

Lizzy and Cole meet when they are both very young, and form a friendship that will last for years to come. As time passes and they both build successful careers in Boston, it's hard for them
Renee Entress
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, betrayal, abuse, pain and heartbreak.

This is Lizzy and Cole’s story. Lizzy and Cole became friends years ago. They love each other but the other does not know it. When Lizzy decides she must move on as Cole is not ever going to love her like she needs she tries but he interferes. Cole tells Lizzy things in the heat of the moment that might just cost him everything. Cole realizes he has to tell Lizzy he loves her before he loses h
She's a Lip Biter
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An Arc was received for an HONEST Review

Reviewed by Donna

What Can I Say About This Book, Wow Just Wow!!!! If I Could Give This Book More Stars I Would.

This Amazing Book Has It All, Love, Hate, Heartbreak, Deceit And One F**ked Up Hate Filled Town. That Hides Behind Its Money To Ruin A Beautiful Women.

I Loved The Way The Characters Interacted And They Were Completely Relatable. The Story Flowed And Made Me Cry Hard.

No Spoilers From Me I Am Afraid, But If You Love A Great Love Story Paired With
Mojo_Mama
#icanteven

I wanted angsty and heartbreak and tears.

I got fluffy bunny with a side of dumb-as-fuck manwhore and an extra helping of TSTL doormat. Throw in a bat-shit-crazy ex-gf stalker and shit parents that tick every horror-show box you can think of...and you’re done.

It was 2 stars for that.

The blatant misogyny sprinkled throughout brought it down to, you guessed it, 0 stars...but GR demands I give it 1 to express my disgust. It’s still 1 star too many.
Michelle Austin
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wrong Side Girl by Julia Goda was a great 5+ star read.
Romance, Ugly cry, Hot Alpha

description

“Here’s some motherly advice. Build walls. High Walls. And never let anyone get close. Not one soul in this world will ever do you any favors. You’re not worth it. Just like your mother.”

Upon finishing this book I was in an emotional shock, there were several huge twists towards the end that I really did not see coming. WOW. The ugly cry will make an appearance.

This is Liz
Anna
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Lizzy has had Cole in her life since she was 9 years old and he found her in the woods behind her house trying to deal with the atrocities of her home life on her own. Cole protected Lizzy, and cared about her any way he could even though he was only a couple years older than her. As adults, both Lizzy and Cole have had much stronger feelings for one another than they let on, because they are afraid to lose a friendship that is crucial to each of them. Finally it becomes impossible not to explor ...more
Whitney Cannavina
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review by Whitney at The Club
I received an ARC for an honest review.

This story has captured me from the beginning. The relationship between Cole and Lizzy is close and impenetrable. She grew up with a whore for a mother which resulted in the whole town looking down on her and making her life miserable in every way possible.
Cole grew up with parents who didn't seem to care or even love him but he never had to worry about someone trying to hurt him. He was strong and when he saw Lizzy crying in a
Karen Harper
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wrong Side Girl sucked me in almost from the beginning. Lizzy immediately drew my sympathy while Cole captured my heart. I couldn’t believe how some people so could be so narrow minded and self-absorbed. The way they treated Lizzy was, in my eyes, unforgivable. I loved the way Cole tried to protect her from those people. Surely, they were meant to be together? Why were they only best friends?
But then everything changed and I thought they would finally get their HEA, but I was wrong. That was whe
Emily Goodman
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Julie Goda has writtens one of the most brutality real stories I’ve had the pleasure of reading in some time. Her friends to lovers story- Wrong Side Girl- has amazing depth, heartfelt emotions, and a love story that isn’t a fairytale. Goda doesn’t sugarcoat the cruelty that her characters face. Her story begins in the dirty world of childhood neglect and travels on in the emotional aftermath of Lizzy and Cole’s childhood friendship. Goda doesn’t write a lighthearted fairy tale romance where the ...more
Le Ann Foster
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
☆☆Reviewed for Hooked On Books and CherryOBlossoms Promotions ♡ ♡

I gave this book 4 stars!

I love life long friendship turn to soul mate love stories. This book has it all from friendship, heartbreak, love, Alpha male, twist, turns and few surprises thrown in.

Lizzy has been in love with Cole since she was 10 years old. He was the only one who would stand up for her and help her. When Cole brung other woman around, she still kept it to herself that he was his soulmate. After a night out, Cole ma
Donna
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing

No Spoilers From Me I Am Afraid But If You Love A Great Love Story Paired With Huge Dollops Of Fatal Attraction Then This Steamy Book Is
Nicole Guerrero
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wrong Side Girl is an absolutely amazing book. Lizzy is my favorite heroine of all time. She is a beautiful, loving and caring person. She has so much love and compassion in her despite all the things she went through in her life. Especially by the one person who was supposed to love her unconditionally. Cole is the ultimate book boyfriend. Loyal, protective, caring and possessive. He has a beautiful heart. I fell in love with them both. This is a beautiful story of friendship, love and secrets. ...more
Renee at Book Happiness
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! This author truly gives the best book hangovers!! Every-time I pick up one of her books I fall in love with her writing and her characters...

I fell absolutely in love with these two characters... Friends since childhood, Cole decides he is done in the friend role and goes after what he wants and what he wants is Lizzie who he has protected and loved forever.. Lizzie has secretly been in love with Cole forever...

This story will suck you right into the story and make you fall in love with
Ash
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I always love reading friends-to-lovers books. This one was really good. Cole was total alpha male. I really enjoyed reading the scenes where he would get jealous and possessive. Lizzie was also fun to read she didn't take shit from anyone, not even Cole. I also liked reading the flashbacks( although I wished author would have given Cole's POV also).
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Angela
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Arc review.

Great book that shows the meaning of true love and friendship. I liked the duel points of views. The main characters have amazing chemistry. Great story line and flow.
Debbie
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhh, I thought this was lovely, you could feel their absolute love for each and again you feel all the heartbreak, I thought it was lovely 😊 Will definitely read more from this author
Sue Sparks
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Leisa Prater
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love how these two people knew love with each other... it was never shown to them by their parents! Great story!
amanda davis
Jan 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
It was a okay book

I was not a big fan. Very predictable. Can't say I will continue the series. One wish for the book would be for Lizzy to find her mom.....

• Habañera
  • Moonlight Temptation (Lucani Lovers, #4)
  • Sweet Redemption (Tygers, #5)
  • All In: Paying to Play (Gambling With Love #6)
  • Enslaved by a Viking (The New Icelandic Chronicles, #2)
  • The Small Print
  • Moving On (Bondage Ranch, #3)
  • Under the Lash
  • Inescapable
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Stealth (Satan's Savages MC, #3)
  • Wedding Favors (Mortal, #3; Berkley Heat, #4)
  • The Horny Night Gaunt
  • Mated (Mating Ritual, #1)
  • Torn Between Two Brothers
  • The Sinfully Sexy Anthology
  • Wolf Kisses (The Art of Claiming an Alpha, #3)
  • Hunt Me (The Hunters)
Julia Goda is the self-published author of the Cedar Creek Series and The Girl Series. Her novels touch on all kinds of different topics, but the things she tries to focus on no matter what are strong women and romance. When she’s not in her writing cave, spinning the tales that have been hounding her, she enjoys reading, drinking coffee, eating good food, and listening to rock music. Her current ...more

The Girl (2 books)
  • The Girl Worth Fighting For (The Girl Series, #2)