Start by marking “Saratoga Summers: a Short Story” as Want to Read:
Saratoga Summers: a Short Story

Saratoga Summers: a Short Story (Stay the Distance #1.5)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
July Carter is the daughter of a racehorse trainer and a jockey, always surrounded by other people’s horses. Beck Delaney is an owner’s son, his name connected to a growing horse farm in need of a trainer. July’s dad fits the bill perfectly. Now summers for July will be spent at beautiful Blackbridge Farm, training Thoroughbreds for the races at Saratoga, a horse racing pa ...more
Kindle Edition
Published December 22nd 2015 by MCC Books

To ask other readers questions about Saratoga Summers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saratoga Summers

Aoife
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horses, novella, kindle, ya
A short collection of stories about all the summers July, who we met in Stay The Distance, spent in Saratoga with the horses, Beck and the other Blackbridge staff. I really enjoyed this one and I loved the surroundings of each of Beck's pranks that we first heard mention of in Stay The Distance. I really love Beck and July's relationship from the hate/love, the gradual acceptance and then wandering thoughts to them eventually becoming a couple. I also liked seeing a chapter of when July's mom wa ...more
C.P. Cabaniss
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was so incredibly perfect. It's short, fun, sweet. Horses, July, Beck. What more could you ask for? I love these two together and seeing their relationship as it developed over the years was perfect. There's also some of the family drama that made Stay the Distance so real, beautiful horses and racing. A great little story.

If you haven't read Stay the Distance yet...Do it! Right now! And then read this.

You can also read this and other reviews on my blog: http://courtneysreads.blogspot.com/2
Christine Meunier
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, horse
I was rapt to find this short story free on Kindle recently. Saratoga Summers by Mara Dabrishus provides a little more insight into the lives of July Carter and Beck Delaney. For readers of Stay the Distance you’ll already be familiar with these two characters. Read more at http://equus-blog.com/saratoga-summer...
Linda Houston
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written short

Enjoyed the back story. The three novels have some gaps and while I'm not above using my imagination to fill them, I appreciate the author's version!
Emma
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, own
Basically these are "summer snapshots" that take place within the Stay the Distance universe, including a look at the events that happened before the story (including some forshadowing to the prequel, Whirlaway: a Short Story), in-between snippets that weren't covered in the main story, and a short epilogue detailing the aftermath. I cannot get enough of these characters or this world, and this is a must-have for fans of the original novel.
Theresa
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A collection of short stories that weave detail into every part of Stay the distance. It fleshes them all out so completely that I feel like July is my best friend or even me and I've heard all the stories. All the silly details that only people who really love you and know you know.

I must admit the ending of the last one threw me...but I guess it was fitting.
Bob
added it
Mar 19, 2018
Gerard A Widmer
Apr 18, 2018
Mara Dabrishus is an author and librarian at a small college in Northeast Ohio. Horse racing is her first great love, but for the past several years she's ridden dressage, learning how to spiral in, half halt, and perform the perfect figure eight. For more information, please visit www.maradabrishus.com.

Want to know when a new book comes out? Sign up here.
More about Mara Dabrishus

Stay the Distance (3 books)
  • Stay the Distance