Start by marking “Dead Camp One (Dead Camp #1)” as Want to Read:
Dead Camp One (Dead Camp #1)

Read Book

Dead Camp One

(Dead Camp #1)

Eli is an ancient vampire with an ego the size of a planet and a sex drive to match, but his tumultuous past left him broken, so he hides from humanity and cowers from love, left to endure the crushing guilt that haunts his every waking moment. Even his best friend, Malachi, a ghost who is hopelessly in love with Eli, remains unaware of all that transpired in London. Malac ...more
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 282 pages
Published December 22nd 2015 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Dead Camp One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Camp One

Start your review of Dead Camp One (Dead Camp #1)
Lorraine Lesar
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Who is Sean Kerr? I don't know? but what I do know is that he somehow persuaded me to read a book that I normally would steer well clear of, this is not my normal reading. I found this it to be seductively delicious, so much so, I couldn't put it down.
It's dark, the erotic content, is exactly that - erotic. At times I felt I was on a roller-coaster, flying high with so many twists and turns that I got dizzy in anticipation of what was coming next. It was executed brilliantly. I was enterta
H.R. Sealy
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually read in the paranormal/romance genre, but this is a fabulous first novel by Mr. Sean Kerr. Dead Camp is dark, chilling, exciting and erotic. All at the same time. The book introduces Eli the vampire, a damaged supernatural being with a dark shrouded past, The narrative is fast paced, flying through the German holocaust period with surprising plot twists and turns. I could not put this book down. I am dying to read what comes next from the sick, twisted, yet brilliant mind of Mr. ...more
Jack Pyke
Oh lol, I think Mr Kerr would get on famously with my husband when it comes to conspiracy theories and mixing up darkened trouble!

Okay, hands up here: Dead Camp had such a tough job because I don't usually read historicals, and this does mix time time periods as well locations (Germany v London, WWII with 1886 etc). It also has a mix of angels and demons (vampires, ghosts, and angels).

Sense said I should have hated this from the get go!

So much for sense, huh?

Kerr's got
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that this book has some really good points and the rest are great! You will laugh, cry, aww and cringe lol. It's a roller coaster ride with some history thrown in but not overly so. The MC is very likeable yet very hateable as well in his selfishness. Yet, I couldn't stop reading to see where it will go next. It's a definite read as far as I'm concerned!
Things to keep in mind while reading this book:
It's based in Germany during the Nazi occupation.
It has Vamipres, ghosts, a
Derek King
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sean Kerr paints a story with his pen like the old masters did with their brush, every brush stroke sublimely highlighting nuances in the sub plot, there are areas of light and shade as good fights against evil, and colour superbly used as he paints a detailed picture with words creating a beautifully detailed universe. It is most refreshing to come across an author who can truly write, unlike many current authors populating this genre. Buy this book, absorb the imagery, engage in the adventures ...more
Jayne Nicholas
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is fantastic not your typical vampire book I could not put it down can not wait for the next instalment.
Sheryl
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is 1 of those books you start and can't put down. I loved the characters and their interaction and OMG the sexy parts are HOT!!

I am voluntarily leaving my honest review of this book. This is book 1 of the Dead Camp series by the author.
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
I absolute love and am horrified by the twists. Wow! Add in Ethan, the ghost with a butt like a trampoline and the complicated angel, you have yourself a solid four star read.

FULL REVIEW - http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Kiki Clark
**Originally Posted on Kiki's Kinky Picks**
Reviewed by Brandy

Dead Camp by Sean Kerr is a phenomenal first book in the Dead Camp series. I went into this story really unaware of what I would discover, but once I read that very first page, I was hooked. You could not tear me away from this book. I HAD to find out what was going to happen to our Eli.

To say this book teases you with questions is an understatement. There are so many questions throughout the book and only a few are a
Ayanna
Dec 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: lmao-what, gave-up, meh
uhhhh...yeah..
it's bad lmao
..am I missing something? the rating is so high? Did I somehow end up reading a completely different thing than other people?

Like for me, the first chap: made 0 sense
the second chap: a lot of wangst, plus it still lowkey made no sense, and also Nazis. Granted, Nazis are perhaps a bit more of a sore topic now that they're actually in reality popping up everywhere than a couple years back but like... well I was still taken aback by how blase
Elaine White
Book – Dead Camp #1
Author – Sean Kerr
Star rating - ★★★★★
No. of Pages – 238

Cover – Nice!
POV – 1st person (with multi-POV)
Would I read it again – Yes

Genre – LGBT, Paranormal, Historical, Religion, Nazi, Angel-Demon

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK, BY eXSTASY BOOKS, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **
Reviewed for Divine Magazine

WARNINGS: a little bit of gore, on page; implied rape; heartbreak; cheating; hist
Micah
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5
Pros:
* I enjoyed the reimagining of the holocaust and how the author took real life events and gave them supernatural elements.
* when the plot line actually progressed, it was thrilling.
* there are several character reveals that seemed like they are supposed to make the audience gasp, and while some of the reveals I saw coming, there was one that I didn’t and I gasped so props to the author.
* there were a few comedic moments that got me good

Cons:
*i have literally no
Val Francis
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This turned into a great read. I loved the strong characters and the pace of the story. Further to that, I enjoyed the cheeky way Sean Kerr played with history and used it to weave a rich plot. I'll look forward to reading Death Camp Two
Debbie Bookers
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying this author has a brilliant mind. His imagination took me on such a journey and had me captivated for the entire book. I can’t even begin to imagine the research he had to do for this first installment. The way this author engaged all my emotions is mind blowing. I could be laughing one minute and crying the next and then scared the very next.

This story is set in the WW2 era within Germany during Hitler and the Holocaust. There are many creatures in this story
Bike Book Reviews
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very rarely does a book come along that floors me, a book that takes me to a place that the author creates, and I stay there until the last letter of the last sentence. Luckily, Dead Camp is one of those books!

You will fall in love with these guys and their story just like I did! First we meet Eli, Eli is a very old Vampire who has very deep dark secrets. These secrets about his past eat at him night and day, and they cause him to remain in the shadows, not even his best friend, Malachi, a ghos
booklover
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was VERY different to what i was expecting.
I've rad m/m vamp books before but NONE were like this. While it was funny a lot of the time, in places it did take on a more serious undertone,and the fact that historical events were intertwined was a great concept. The story flowed well but at times i did get a tad confused over who's pov i was reading from.
The characters were well thought out and i particularly liked Mal, he made me laugh the most. Overall this was a really good read from an
Lindsay Crook
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You have to read this!!!

Omg I loved this book..From the start I was hooked vampire's, demon's, Angeles and a ghost I mean come on what more could you ask for.Eli is a damaged soul with a sassy attitude you can't help but love.This book had me excited from start to finish..I'm now in need of book 2
Peche Esse
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
1 really. But I feel guilty giving anything a 1. Terrible writing full of purple prose. Dnf at chapter 2.
Jay
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kebb, mm-romance
Dead Camp by Sean Kerr, where to begin with the start of this self-named series… historical, conspiracy theory, religious undertones, fantasy, paranormal, vampires – all packed into two hundred and sixty pages. I am typically not a fan of historical fiction, of any kind, but I have to make an exception here. I was intrigued from the first page to the last. What will happen next? What twist will be thrown in? How is this ever going to come together?

Eli is a vampire with an ego, an ins
Andrea
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an extraordinary book.

When I started reading it, I honestly had no idea what I got myself into. Usually, I read a bit of the blurb to get the gist and then mostly reviews from other readers. I was a bit reluctant at first, as I am German and don't usually like reading about my people's horrendous past. At all. Also, not much of a history geek. But it made me curious.

Adding paranormal aspects to my country's history gave it a whole new meaning, and fittingly so(v
(view spoiler). History and all the things that happened before and during the NS regime would totally make sense.

Now, putting the story aside for a bit, I was utterly awestruck how well-written and eloquent the book was. The prologue alone just blew me away. Also, I truly love the British English and I revelled in reading it (most books, especially m/m, do come from the US, so the colloquial stuff I know is usually American).

I absolutely loved the characters in the book. Eli is a magnificent being and I'm looking forward to watching how his character will develop. His anguish is soul-shatteringly deep and I want to see him healed - or at least to be able to cope with his past. Also, I hope we'll see him together with Ethan in the future (oh please, please, please!) and Mal the little twat (I love him so much) won't get in the way again. (view spoiler) I'm curious of what will become of Mal.
Really intriguing is Melek and what his objectives might be. What he told Eli in their encounter gives a hint to what Eli was before he became a vampire. I've got a hunch but in the end we'll see, won't we.

Surprisingly, few of my fellow reviewers wrote much about the carnal parts of the book. It IS very sexy and the characters are really mouth-wateringly hot, the book lets me long for more though. I hope we get to see more of this in the books to come (and I hope not only the books are coming...).

Sean, thank you so much for making me aware of your books, I hope you keep up with the good work and give us more of the juicy stuff. As we connected through Nicholas Bella, you know how we like it ;)

Daniel Mitton
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
(Originally reviewed for Love Bytes Reviews.)

Okay, so I’m going to be brutally honest. This book confused the hell out of me and it will probably show in this review… because I really have no idea what I’m going to say. I get that there is a lot of info being dumped in this installment that probably makes more sense down the road in the other books, but this book kept making me go back to see whose head I was in. I tend to read smaller amounts since I went back to work full time, and
Natosha Wilson
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a gripping, dark read. This book basically latches on to the reader and will not let them go. It ends in a cliffhanger that leaves the reader on the edge of their seats waiting impatiently and immediately wanting the next books in the series to see what is going to happen and who is going to turn out to be good and who is going to turn out to be bad.

This is a book that I would definitely describe as being a good versuses evil. Heaven versuses Hell. Want versuses need. And lo
D.S.
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-this
I often stop reading the moment I get bored. There are stacks of books around my house that are half read, and I have been known to chuck a book out of my presence the moment it displeases me. . .which is why my I-Pad has a crack in it. So just imagine how delighted I was to read a book cover to cover and not once sigh with boredom, gag on a cliche, or wish I had the time back in my life that I had wasted.
I really enjoyed this book.
It was a foray into a new sub-genre of literature,
D.M Copsewood
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any one who likes Horror,LGBT fans, Vampire fans, Adult fiction
Author:          Sean Kerr
Title:              Dead Camp 1
Cover:            eye-catching and intriguing
Genre:            LGBT, Paranormal, Historical, Religion, Angels and Demons. Vampires
Page count:    238

When I first found this book, I considered this was something unusual and I might not have enjoyed the work.  But taking the gamble I have enjoyed reading this book this was actually the first LGBT genre. And now I can say that Sean Kerr is my favourite aut
Stephanie Bonsall
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! When you'd thought you'd read every take on a vampire story, this is something completely different and new. Add to the vampire a ghost, a demon and an angel of power you have one incredible mix of characters. It took me a while to start this book as I didn't think I would like the WW2 elements in the story. How wrong was I! I have never read such a descriptive book. The words just flowed giving multiple to descriptions to every item, feeling or situation. The authors way with words is like ...more
Kimberly Lord-bartoszek
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was very surprised by this book! You have Eli who is an ancient (and very angsty) vampire. He's had a rough past so he's hidden himself away from the world with only his ghost pal Mal as company. Then bam! There's an angel at his door and he's rescuing a mysterious stranger which flips his quiet lonely world upside down. This is all taking place during WWII and I love all the historical and religious aspects. There are some very funny moments but for the most part it's a very serious and dark ...more
Nese's reads
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
l truly don't know how to put into words how l am feeling.
l am actually reeling from the intensity, and sheer gruesomeness of this story.
Beautifully written , such depth to each scene , so descriptive .
For a debut novel it is absolutely amazing, so chilling, so gruesome.
l had to message the author to tell him ,that he gave me nightmares.
Barbara M.
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dead Camp 2

OMG, this book started out with a bang and never let up. This Author kept me glued to each page. It scared the hell out of me, everything started to feel so real. I'll start the next book tomorrow during day light, it's to dark (8:50pm) to start now, I'll never get to sleep! It's definitely a must read, many thanks, Honey Bee 🐝📚💙🎶
Olga
Feb 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
I read only 2 chapters. It’s just not my style...it feels like there is a big and nice plot hiding behind it but I don’t see it. There is sex, sex, rippled men, sex, dicks and a lot of jumps from one time frame to another, that don’t necessarily have any importance nor any thrill.
Josh Dale
Book Haven: Sean Kerr 1 5 Jan 27, 2016 06:24AM
Paranormal and Ho...: Sean Kerr 1 5 Jan 27, 2016 06:17AM
Paranormal Romanc...: Sean Kerr 1 6 Jan 27, 2016 06:13AM
Adult Vampire/Par...: Sean Kerr 1 7 Jan 27, 2016 06:12AM

• Heated Rivalry (Game Changers #2)
  • Wild Rock
  • Feral Machines
  • Bloodline (Norwood #2)
  • Hide and Keep (Boys of Lake Cliff, #1)
  • Just Act Normal (Supernormal, #1)
  • Keeping Cade (Crave Club #1)
  • Third Rail (Five Boroughs, #5.5)
  • Gravity's Got Nothing on You
  • Sparkly Pens (Sparkly Pens, #1-3)
  • Play It Again (Play It Again, #1)
  • Crash Landers
  • The Magician Murders (The Art of Murder, #3)
  • The Monet Murders (The Art of Murder, #2)
  • Pretty Pretty Boys (Hazard and Somerset, #1)
  • Double or Nothing (Double Trouble #1)
  • The Unknown Hero (The Unknown Hero, #1)
  • 5 Secrets of Story Structure: How to Write a Novel That Stands Out (Helping Writers Become Authors Book 6)
I think that as I approach that milestone that is fifty, I must be one of the oldest gamers on the face of this earth. Many a day you will find me lashed to my PS4 enjoying a good session of Skyrim. Who doesn’t love a good session of Skyrim?
I love writing—I have done it since I was a child when I would happily write about the latest episode of Doctor Who (Tom Baker in those days) in my schoo

Dead Camp (5 books)
  • Dead Camp Two (Dead Camp #2)
  • Dead Camp Three (Dead Camp #3)
  • The End Game Part 1 (Dead Camp #4)
  • Dead Camp Five: The End Game part 2 (Dead Camp #5)