Start by marking “Hometown Heartbreaker (Copper Ridge, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Hometown Heartbreaker (Copper Ridge, #3.5)

Hometown Heartbreaker

(Copper Ridge #3.5)

He knows that Copper Ridge’s newest bartender is running from her past… but will he recognize that she’s his last chance at salvation before she leaves town?

Aiden Crawford knows all about responsibilities. He’s already shouldering more than his share when beautiful drifter Casey James cruises into town with a broken car, a chip on her shoulder, and enough secrets to have
Published February 1st 2016 by HQN Books

Start your review of Hometown Heartbreaker (Copper Ridge, #3.5)
♥ℳelody

This should have been a full length book, not a novella. Both leads are dealing with A LOT of heavy baggage and trauma to overcome it in a matter of a week and 90 pages. Once again Yates really masters at writing characters with a lot of grit and heart.
Ami
Feb 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, romance

I'm pretty happy that Yates continues her Copper Ridge series; this one is pretty much a 'prequel' for the next set of trilogy (The West). Ace, the owner of the bar where Casey works will be the main hero for the next book.

Anyway, I really liked this. Sure, Casey is very, VERY prickly as a heroine. She gets defensive often by going offensive on Aiden. But somehow it didn't annoy me. I can deal with prickly or grumpy characters (domineering arrogant asshats are the ones I can't stand).
Bette Hansen
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Excellent read that's a nice prequel to the next set of books in the Copper Ridge series. The main characters in this one, Aiden and Casey, are an interesting pair. Casey is a bit brass and honestly not very likable until we get her back story, then you understand the way she is. Aiden is a loving, hardworking guy that is caught up in family drama and loyalty. Together they bring out the strength each needs to find their own happy. I really enjoyed this one and would definitely recommend it.
Jessica Lemmon
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A stunningly emotional journey. I loved this novella! And Maisey used the word “assbutt” which pretty much means I’ll love her forever. Supernatural fans, you get it...
Alreem
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review posted on Got Fiction?

When I’m in the mood for fun and contemporary, I look to Maisey Yates. I really love this Copper Ridge series, and as it turns out I’d missed this novella!

This one takes place before One Night Charmer, Ace’s book. Here we see Casey roll into town and her car breaks down. So she gets a job at Ace’s bar and camps out. No big, she’s done it before. She’ll earn enough cash to get her car fixed, then be on her way.

Aiden walks into Ace’s bar to get his alcoholic dad out of
Kim
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So many fabulous things about this novella. About this series in general. I definitely need to write a big review on all of the books.

Truly moved by this one.
Melanie
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, romance
Hometown Heartbreaker was a quick, enjoyable read and I really enjoyed finally getting back to the Copper Ridge series.

Casey James sees the town of Copper Ridge as nothing more than a stopover while she earns enough money to fix her broken car. A drifter, Casey lives her life constantly on the move. One night while working at Ace’s Bar, she meets Aiden Crawford who’s carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. Aiden has spent a long time dealing with other people’s problems and when he
Farrah Johnson
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I love the Copper Ridge series and am always excited to read a novella as it’s short, sweet and to the point. However, because it’s short and sweet, it’s almost ridiculous to think that two strangers could fall in an all consuming love after a single week. Casey is a drifter who has used her body in the past to find a warm place to sleep at night and is working at Ace’s bar until she can save enough money to get her ride in order and move on. Aiden is a good guy stuck in a bad situation with a ...more
Donna
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story. Casey comes to Copper Ridge, when having car trouble. Gets a job at Ace's bar to earn money to fix it up. She is a drifter, hard life up to now and it is not getting any better. In walks Aidan, to get his drunk Dad from the bar. Now the fun begins. Watch how two different people come together to learn to trust in themselves and each other.
Christine
Jun 13, 2019 rated it liked it
A refreshing change from the usual Copper Ridge formula of gruff, jaded alpha dudes wearing the same I'm-too-messed-up-to-love-you badge. Aiden is an unexpectedly good guy overwhelmed by jaded, cynical Casey and it was a fantastic mash-up.
Linda
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
There are so much drama in this short story that you get depressed reading it. Of course a good romance story finds true love in the end but it is hard to overcome the problems between these two people.
Ashley Seymour
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Aiden and Caseys story! Copper Ridge is such a great series and these two fit in perfect!
Alisha
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.85
Amy Herskovic
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought the second half of the story was a lot better than the first. I wish it could have been longer.
Sue Stewart
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved Aiden and Casey - Great story!
Nate Brightman
I'm not really certain how the author and her publisher came up with this book title because the hero Aiden while cowboy handsome is in no way a lady's man in the vein of many other heroes in romance novels. Aiden is a 26 year old straight shooter struggling to keep the family farm afloat that his alcoholic father seems intent upon sinking. Casey our heroine is a 22 year old tough little blonde drifter, working temporarily in Ace's bar and sleeping in a tent at a local campground while she tries ...more
Judy
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Again all I can say, was that L loved reading it
Cheri
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maisey Yates has a knack of telling the saddest stories with so much hope. I have mentioned before that I’m not always impressed with .5 books. The little novellas and short stories authors sometimes insert into their series. They often fall flat or seem too rushed. Or, even worse, tell a side story of a beloved character and change that character’s personality. But sometimes they are perfect. Sometimes these little stories are beautiful and lovely. This story is one of the good ones. This story ...more
Marjorie
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I liked Maisey Yates handling of a drifter who runs into a man trying to keep his family together. Casey James brings a breath of fresh air to Aiden Crawford.
Somya Sahni
This book revolves around a girl who has never had a home and a guy who feels that his home is suffocating him . Both the main characters meet in a bar where the girl is a waitress and the guy being the responsible person he is , tries to get his drunk father home. The main characters have an instant attraction . But in Maisey Yates style the main conflict was them coming above their own demons and accepting the love they felt for each other . I have a thing for books which involve a feisty ...more
Nova
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aiden Crawford is manly and very attractive. He is already shouldering more than his share of responsibilities, and has his own demons.
Casey James is no man's charity project. She takes care of her self and she does what she needs to do to make that happen. She is beautiful and not much for staying in one town too long. She arrives in town with a broken car. She also arrives with a chip on her shoulder and many secrets. Once she can afford to pay to have her car fixed, she will be ready to leave
Christine
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Hmm. I'm torn on this one. On one hand it's a novella, which never seem to sit well with me. IMO there's just not enough content to really get to know a character let alone delve into a believable relationship. I'm afraid this story is another case of that. Had the story been longer MAYBE I would've been more into it. Or had the characters just played it as having really great sex and left it as that (because really, that's all there was). Not sure how sexual attraction and a booty call turned ...more
Jessi
This is one of the few novellas that I think couldn't be improved by a longer story. The whole thing was pretty much all there. You've got Casey, a drifter who is only in town for a few weeks working as a bartender for Ace Thompson and then you've got Aiden who is so tied to the town and his (dysfunctional) family that he's drowning in it. I didn't really see the two of them together but it was an interesting story.
Marilyn
It's funny in a weird way that we can see other people's trouble and how to fix it but can't see our own troubles or choose not to until you see that your mess is going to get you to lose something or someone more important.
Kelly
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lovely!
Umi
Mar 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance
Awalnya agak gak sreg sama karakter ceweknya yang terkesan gampangan. Tapi untung ceritanya berjalan dengan baik. Agak predicable, tapi saya selalu lemah sama happy ending.
Christy Hovland
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fun read.

A great addition to the Copper Ridge line. Casey & Aiden have great chemistry. I look forward to the next in the series.
Kim
This was included in the edition of One Night Charmer - and was enjoyable. My only criticism is it was short.

• Snowbound at Christmas (Montana Men, #5.5)
  • Tempted by Love (Montana Heat, #3)
  • His Cowboy Heart (Montana Men, #6)
  • Her Renegade Rancher (Montana Men, #5)
  • Her Lucky Cowboy (Montana Men, #3)
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
  • Big Sky Mountain (Parable, Montana, #2)
  • True to You (Montana Heat #2)
  • Escape to You (Montana Heat, #1)
  • Protected by Love (Montana Heat, #0.5)
  • The Return of Brody McBride (The McBrides, #1)
  • Always a Cowboy (The Carsons of Mustang Creek, #2)
  • Once a Rancher (The Carsons of Mustang Creek, #1)
  • Welcome to Last Chance (Last Chance, #1)
  • The Marriage Charm (The Brides of Bliss County, #2)
  • Dirty Little Secret (Wild Rose Ranch #1)
  • Falling for Owen (The McBrides, #2)
  • When It's Right (Montana Men, #2)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Maisey Yates lives in rural Oregon with her three children and her husband, whose chiseled jaw and arresting features continue to make her swoon. She feels the epic trek she takes several times a day from her office to her coffee maker is a true example of her pioneer spirit. In 2009, at the age of twenty-three Maisey sold her first book.

Since then

Copper Ridge (10 books)
  • Part Time Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #1)
  • Brokedown Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #2)
  • Bad News Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #3)
  • One Night Charmer (Copper Ridge, #4)
  • Tough Luck Hero (Copper Ridge, #5)
  • Last Chance Rebel (Copper Ridge, #6)
  • Slow Burn Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #7)
  • Down Home Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #8)
  • Wild Ride Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #9)
  • Christmastime Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #10)