Start by marking “Face Your Fear: Living with Courage in an Age of Caution” as Want to Read:
Face Your Fear: Living with Courage in an Age of Caution

Face Your Fear: Living with Courage in an Age of Caution

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
A world famous thinker, author, lecturer, and activist, whose diverse, acclaimed and immensely popular body of work covers such subjects as religion, relationships, and bravery, Boteach now turns his attention to America's present state of mind and comes to the conclusion that fear is crippling society with unprecedented force. The only way to escape this climate is to lea ...more
Published October 1st 2005 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Face Your Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Face Your Fear

Johannah Hagerman
Jun 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
I struggled with whether or not to buy this book -- I mean I'm not afraid of anything. . . or am I? By the time I was in a few chapters, I realized that my entire life was based on fear and I began to take action to live my life in the here and now and work toward eradicating fear from my life one miserable fear at a time.
I highly recommend this book.
William Peynsaert
I'm giving this book four stars because I like its central message: at the root of all our fears is the fear that we don't matter. The author suggests several ways by which we can overcome this very basic fear. He strongly recommends connecting to what he calls a higher power, a higher purpose. In a way and without realizing it probably he advocates the fullfillment of what Tony Robbins calls 'the six human needs' (certainty, variety, connection, contribution, growth, significance).

On almost eve
Kaitlin
Aug 11, 2007 rated it really liked it
Overall, the book is quite redundant, I disagreed with a few of the arguments, and I did catch more than a couple style errors, but in spite all of this I couldn't find it within myself to give it anything less than four stars. Rabbi Shmuley Boteach asserts that the root of all human fear is the underlying insecurity that we are not special or unique. He shows the reader how to stop fear by remembering that we all have a spark of the Divine within us. Perhaps my favorite message is that the best ...more
India
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Informative book by Rabbi Boteach. In my Humble Opinion, Knowledge is key and it matters not the religion of the teacher given that the lesson is universal. Delightful.
Diana
Chris
May 13, 2010
Melissa Stiles
May 26, 2014
Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, named by Talkers Magazine as one of the 100 most important radio hosts in America, is a nationally syndicated talk show host, the international best-selling author of 15 books, and an acclaimed syndicated columnist.

A winner of the London Times highly prestigious "Preacher of the Year" award, Rabbi Shmuley has lectured and appeared in print, radio, and TV all over the globe.
More about Shmuley Boteach...