Start by marking “Piggy” as Want to Read:
Piggy

Piggy

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
An irresistibly adorable debut about a lonely little piglet who makes his first friend--perfect for anyone who has felt the joy of new friendships.

Piggy loves books so much that he never has time for friends. But his favorite story has always been about two friends and the special times they share together.

One day, Piggy sees a girl reading alone. And he wonders, perhaps,
Published December 20th 2016 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Piggy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Piggy

Kris - My Novelesque Life
PIGGY
Written and Illustrated by Trevor Lai
2016; 32 Pages (Bloomsbury)
Genre: picture book, children's, reading, friendship

Rating: 3 Stars
(Review not on blog)

A cute tale about a young reader looking for a friend.
Jesse
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Piggy wants to make a new friend, but isn't sure how. Luckily, he meets a Cat who has a lot in common with him and together they go on adventures!
Kamalani Kaku
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rdng-350
Piggy spends all of his time reading books but then he only has one book left so he decides he better save it and make some friends. Piggy finds a cat that looks like would be a good friend but the cat doesn't notice piggy even when piggy drives an airplane! Then finally piggy introduces himself. Piggy and cat become friends. Piggy even shares his glasses with the cat!

I think this is a really cute book, the pictures are nice to look at too! This book is different from other book, but I liked th
Jtimko
Piggy is a little piglet who loves to read books about friends. One day he discovers he is down to his last book and that he needs to find a friend. He sees a girl reading but cannot manage to make her acquaintance until he shares his last book with her.
Bright colorful watercolor illustrations paired with a simple story make this a hit with the young crowd. There is plenty of action in the pictures. This is the perfect book to read when friendships are developing. This book could lead to some
Marcia
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute story about book-loving Piggy who’s never had time to make friends until one day he notices a special kitten who also loves to read. He tries desperately to get her attention and finally succeeds by sharing their common interest. The pictures of the already famous Piggy (popular emoticon) really make this a fun book.
Marissa Burkey
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: general-kids
Piggy tries to impress Kate so that she will become his friend.
Bookworm's Nemesis
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Amy
Jul 20, 2017 rated it liked it
A story about friendship and books.
Kim
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I just absolutely fell in love with Piggy!
Jessica (Reading with Jessica)
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Such a cute story and the illustrations are so pretty!! I hope the author has more stories for me to check out. <3
Edward Sullivan
Bookish little piglet with big specs finds a friend who share his love of reading.
Casandria
Piggy is a bookworm who isn't really interested in much else--until he notices a cat who loves books too. He goes out of his way to get her attention. Once he finally does, they are instant friends.
Books
Friends
Ashlyn
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reading-350
Piggy spends all of his time reading books but then he only has one book left so he decides he better save it and make some friends. Piggy finds a cat that looks like would be a good friend but the at doesn't notice piggy even when piggy drives an airplane! Then finally piggy introduces himself. Piggy and cat become friends. Piggy even shares his glasses with the cat!

I think this is a really cute book, the pictures are nice to look at too!

I would use this in class to try and push my students to
Alea
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book because of. The illustrations in this book had lots of fun colors that children would enjoy. The story line was very clear and it relates to children in every day life. This book is good for those that are shy and are trying to break out of their shell. Piggy is coped in his library and reads all of his books, but has no friends. He sets out on adventure to figure out how to make this new friend

Sandra Guerfi
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book hits all the right buttons, the story line is clear and encouraging and the illustrations are saturated in colors that are bright and welcoming. We follow Piggy who has read everything in his library except for one book when he realizes that all his time reading has prevented him from making friends. So determined he goes in search of one. When he finds one though how will he set about making this new friend? Great book, perfect for your little shy ones.
Erica
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I might be biased, but a book about a pig who likes to read!?!? I'm all about that. This was a very sweet story about Piggy who spent his whole life reading and nothing else. When he gets to his last book he decides to save it for later and begins to explore other aspects of life. He runs across a cat who is reading and he does many wild and crazy things to catch her attention.
Nicole Harris
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: early-readers
I related to both characters so much - reading so much you don't have time to do much else until you are down to your last book. Very cute and great illustration style!
Dimity Powell
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-lit
My primary aged daughter thought the illustrations for this were impressive, big, bold and expressive as they were. Piggy takes over-all wearing, bespectacled, bookish types to a higher, more inspired level. This instalment demonstrates the benefits of tenacity and friendship.
Caroline
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Piggy loves to read. When he's down to his last book, he decides to savor it and tries to make a new friend instead. But how can one reader become friends with another reader? By bonding over books, of course.

Bright illustrations.
Eliza
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is me in pig form. Piggy didn't make many friends because he reads too much. Until he meets another book reader.
Elizabeth Coates
I thought I would love this one as it's about an adorable piggy who likes to read. However, I just found it to be dull and ended up skimming through.
Ms Threlkeld
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Cute premise, but the execution fell flat.
Miss Sarah
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
A little pig loves to read but he has no friends so he sets out to make friends with a cat. Will she ever stop reading long enough to notice him? A little long but worth it. right Toddler and up
Adeline Miller